Shotguns At Collectors Firearms, we pride ourselves on our ever evolving inventory of antique shotguns and used shotguns for sale. They feel so natural in the hands. These are short-barreled, side-by-side Ithaca shotguns that were easy to bring to bear and shoot while inside the drivers box. Yes, the stock is short but at four pounds the gun balances and comes up to fit a small person (child undoubtedly) so what a great first gun for the small person in your world. Thomas Stensby & Co of Manchester ~ Nice features on this English double ~ 2 3/4" proofs! This load consistently offers a minimum of 12 inches of penetration in my testing and should cancel Christmas for the bad guys at typical home-defense engagement. This gun is from the 1810's-1820's. Metal has been cleaned and is nice and sharp. Coach Gun Shotguns. That said, I suspect it will be a long time before the liberals in any capacity begin to acknowledge that we gun owners and gun rights organization members have the kind of clout that we do have. The pump shotgun and the self-loader are more complex, more expensive and more difficult to train with. Subscription is available in print and digital editions atOutdoorGroupStore.com. External hammers make sense for less experienced shooters and for loaded storage. Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun news, gun reviews and gun magazines for gun enthusiasts, military and law enforcement, You use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our, ENTER TO WIN > Free Gun Friday for your chance to WIN the SIG Sauer P320 AXG Legion and Black Hills HoneyBadger Ammo, Anderson Manufacturing Kiger-9c Pro: Upgrades and EDC Ready, Stow it and Go: The Volquartsen 22 LR VT2 Takedown Rifle. The minimal wall thickness is thicker than most in fact very thick for this vintage shotgun. Out of Stock. ENGRAVED Antique NICOLAS BOUTET Percussion Conversion DOUBLE BARREL Shotgun French GOLD INLAID Side by Side Fowling Piece! Manufactured at Springfield, Massachusetts. What I was not aware of was the unease I would have over the striker design. Among a few high-tech variants in 20-gauge slugs, this loading offers formidable effect at ranges longer than 25 yards. Carbine is overall in great condition. Good for snakes, and at 5 to 10 feet the flash and bang will send 99% of home invaders running and the pellets will not penetrate 1/2 inch drywall so no worries about collateral damage. Rococo style carving on the stock. English Engraved ROBINSON & SON Antique ~7 Gauge Shotgun Fowler PERCUSSION Large Bore FOWLING Piece .90 Caliber, BRITISH Antique T. KETLAND & COMPANY Percussion Conversion FOWLING Piece 16 Gauge FLINTLOCK to PERCUSSION Shotgun. I love the rather naive but well done game scenes on the action. 509 -665 -7675. Thanks Kaz, yes Marine if you read carefully I said if the perp isnt fleeing after the first shot, then barrel 2. 12 gauge was stronger than his faith in a pump shotgun.always 2only drawbackno ejectorsused extractorsbut repeat always 2. These simple, rugged and workmanlike shotguns are well suited to many traditional shotgun chores. The Bristol and . When all is said and done, the double-barrel shotgun remains a formidable weapon for personal defense and outdoors use. Using a combo load of #4 and #00 buckshot covers both close encounters and something effective up to 25 yards. Real safety is between the ears and involves keeping the finger off of the trigger until you fire. Lock plate has "J. Cooper" and some light engraving which is all visible. I would not say it is really easy but is something that can certainly be learned. The companys hammerless Side-By-Side Coach Shotgun comes in 12 or 20 gauge with 20-inch barrels like the others, but with a bit of added capability. Most of the shells fired have been Winchesters 7 birdshot. Dixon markings. While nostalgia has often drawn me to the acquisition of firearms, and the old side-by-side external hammer shotgun has certainly done so (to the tune of having a few in my collection), for real life tactical applications I much prefer the pump shotgun. Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Matchlock/Wheellock Misc; Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Perc. Signup now! With my Kel Tec KSG equipped with light and laser..and 14 rounds of whatever 12 gauge load I can rack, the rig is definitely a pee bringer. 6 Lbs. Not to mention the joy of shooting one of the above beautiful examples. The front action percussion lock is unmarked and there are no proofs on this gun. A very nice petite 20g by George Bate, a small but well-respected English gun maker in the center of the Birmingham gun trade on Steel House Lane. yes , my coach gun is a 12 with 000 buck, yes its great, range loads are Aurqila shorty slugs. Otherwise, its the same gun as the Hammer Coach. Gauge: 20 gauge. Original Flip Up Site, 16 1/2 Barrel, Original Curly Mapel Stock. Required fields are marked *. That turnabout has served a number of times since then to remind our so-called representatives that Americas gun owners are indeed a force with which to be reckoned. *We Never share your email without your permission. Single Shot ~ Elegance in miniature! Gun is tight on face and in proof so can be taken afield. DAVID KIRKWOOD 10 GAUGE HAMMERLESS SHOTGUN GI#: 102222780 Gun features a pistol grip checkered walnut stock. eventually became my DOVE GUN. Hunting shotguns. Think of it this way the 12 gage is the same bore diameter as the 72 caliber Brown Bess musket of 1776, and the 20 gage is the same diameter as the 58 caliber Springfield and Enfield rifle-muskets of 1860. Magnificent 18-bore double flintlock sporting gun, made in 1806. Ive seen people that could reload, open, drop, load, close and fan the hammers back, with machine-like speed, ready for rounds 3 and 4 almost as quickly as some of you can pump your Mossberg 500s. Francotte Beautifully Side Plated boxlock in wonderful condition ~ I love the engraving and case colors, Charles Hellis and Sons ~ Check out the engraving and other features of this beautiful little double, William Evans high grade boxlock in nice condition, Thomas Adsett & Sons "Churchill" model with the Churchill rib, W.C. Scott in wonderful original condition and nitro proofed 2 3/4". I prefer the #4 buck to 00. 3 oz. It was 2,800 miles of rough country full of rough people and defense was necessary. Pale Horse, some people have seen waaaay too much Hollywood. A hammer gun has to be cocked and under stress that might get you killed. What works in the movies, does not work in real life. All Rights Reserved. American Gun- Knickerbocker Double Barrel- Left & Right Lock w/ some parts . The double-barrel is also fun to shoot. Just like a hammerless shotgun. The name and address on the rib is very sharp and crystal clear and obviously never seen any sanding or re-blacking since new. Typical of early gu, BRITISH Antique T. KETLAND & COMPANY Percussion Conversion FOWLING Piece 16 Gauge FLINTLOCK to PERCUSSION Shotgun Here we present an antique English T. Ketland & Company Conv, ENGRAVED Antique NICOLAS BOUTET Percussion Conversion DOUBLE BARREL Shotgun French GOLD INLAID Side by Side Fowling Piece! For a gun with 28" barrels and a decent LOP this gun is light at 6 lbs. Home Firearms Coach Guns Double Barreled Defense. Hamilton Stagecoach Double Barrel Hammer Shotgun, made circa 1890, in Liege, Belgium. Featured Gun Classifieds Antique Shotguns - 1500-1850, Castiglioni, Brescia. Modern Century Arms double-barrel coach guns also feature a handy tang-mounted safety. Scores of thousands of these sidehammer scatterguns were a mainstay to settlers . Add to Cart . This is a double barrel break-open shotgun. Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Flintlock Misc, Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Matchlock/Wheellock Misc, Century Arms International (CAI) - Rifles, Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Rifles (perc), Winchester Rifles - Modern Bolt/Auto/Single, Winchester Rifles - Pre-1899 Bolt/Single Shot, Century Arms International (CAI) - Pistols, Colt Automatic Pistols (.25, .32, & .380 cal), Colt Single Action Revolvers - Modern (22 Cal. It was manufactured for Nickerson by Joab Hapgood (1804-1890) of Shrewsbury and Boston, MA. Quality work. People often think the English London BEST sidelock is the most beautiful of the classic double guns but every once and awhile we get a boxlock in that is extremely attractive, handles well, and made with extreme care and craftsmanship. Notify When In Stock. Before jump in, it's worth noting that we chose production firearms. Comes with a rosewo, George Wallis of Hull 8 gauge duck gun The most celebrated gunsmith of Eastern Yorkshire England. CG1878-20. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. 30 inch barrels are bright on the inside and retain about 70% Damascus twist pattern on the exterior. Antique Handguns Antique Longarms Bayonets, Swords, and Knives Gatling Guns Vintage Ammo and Other Related Items Don't Miss Out on News from Dixie Gun Works! While probably could use a new black on the barrels soon it was nice to find an English double with original 2 3/4" proofs that was in nice condition and field ready. Second having access to backup rounds was considered, and third the intimidation of a laser sight/flashlight combination was also added with a folding stock. Locks with border engraving and signed Manhattan Arms Co. Checkered walnut fore-end and pistolgrip stock with . While the company offers several models with double triggers, there are none with exposed hammers. Beautiful Damascus barrels are tight on face and have bright shiny bores. I usually have to poke a cleaning rod down the barrel to get the shells loose, or drop something down the barrel to knock the shells far enough out of the chamber to grab and pull. $214.95 . The 12-gauge hits hard and may be your choice. The 1878 has an American walnut stock, two 3 chambers, 12 gauge cylinder bores, two side-by-side 20 barrels and two triggers, one for each chamber, standard blue finish Truly and outstanding looking and shooting firearm. Sporting Clays! A very solid 2 3/4" gun with great barrels and bores. This is a great training load. At in the house ranges, it is deadly and will make a mess of anyone hit with it! A different variant, the double-barrel striker-fired shotgun, was used by New York City cops until at least the 1970s. They accompany me where I go. It is tight and on face and field ready. The hammers are not difficult to cock, and the triggers are crisp enough. JP Sauer 16g ~ a solid little Prussian made gun that would be great for grouse or quail, James Woodward & Sons 20ga. If he isnt running away after the skeet load she fires barrel 2. Double-Barrel for Defense For personal defense, the double-barrel handles quickly and points well. 14-1/4 inches LOP. This gun is field ready. Simply break open the action and load the shells then close the action. At 10 feet (I didnt pattern at 15), my coach gun (CAI, 12 gauge 20 bbl) has a spread of right about 3+ inches. These French guns are the bases for the Remington model 32 but like most guns from the French are much more refined and balanced than the American version. These Francotte guns are fabulous values. Redzone 101 3.71K subscribers Subscribe 315 Share 21K views 2 years ago Going old school for self-defense will the Stoeger Double. I used one like it for years and loved it. side by side that weighs under 6 lbs. In came the need for coach guns. Weight empty is 8 pounds. I would think 18 or 20 pellets (27 in 12 ga 2.75). Rare DREYSE NEEDLE FIRE Shotgun PRUSSIAN Antique Double Barrel SxS 16 Gauge c1850s Predecessor to the Centerfire System! In reality, Jimmy, the blunderbuss was a single barrel gun, since the flared muzzle would preclude two barrels collimated side by side. Great wall thickness and American style stock dimensions tell me along with this condition that this gun will not last long! One does NOT become competent or capable by purchasing or owning ANY firearm..or with any firearm they never practice with under various conditions. The overall length is 37 inches, and the shotgun weighs about 7.5 pounds. He was kicking a blowdown (fallen tree) and instead of a rabbit, up pops a bear. Coach guns are fine IF all you expect to do is fire two rounds. Or if you want the naked hammers and full-length barrels, then the CZ Hammer Classic is sure to fit the bill with its huge, period-correct 30-inch barrels. This classic London Lancaster assisted opener is in very nice condition. The Premier Body Armor Vertx Collaboration Adds More Options, VIDEO: Police Snipers Train for Super Bowl LIV With .50 BMG, More, The MAUSER 98 125th Anniversary Limited-Edition Series, FIRST LOOK: Glock Just Very Quietly Unveiled the New Glock 47 Pistol, Police Sidearms: The Handguns of Americas 10 Largest Departments, Black Creek Labs MRX Bronco, TRX Bronco Hunter Rifles, CMP Surplus Ammo Coming Soon in M2 Ball, .30 Carbine & More, Active School Shooter Training: 14 Key Points to Consider, 5 Strategies For Effectively Completing a Tactical Reload, FIRST LOOK: Colt CBX Precision Chassis Rifle Ready to Compete & Win, 5 Common Myths on How to Survive a Gunfight, Understanding Stand Your Ground Laws and Castle Doctrine, Long-Distance Shooting: 5 Must-Know Tips For Spotters & Shooters, IMPACT Experience Events Redefine Your Long-Range Shooting Limits, Sniper Skills: Taking Your Shooting Precision to the Next Level. Note that the retractable sling is missing from the stock. My wife knows how to use, though the recoil is pretty rough in the 12 gauge model. Open hammers, dual triggers. No flapping, no running. 1800. I prefer a pump action shotgun because just the sound of you racking a round in he chamber is the scariest sound in the world. However, shotguns have come a long way since the days of the horse and buggy. Best Double-Barrel Shotguns. But otherwise , thank you for the very technical legal advice as Im sure its a benefit to us all who did plan on shooting those fleeing from us when the opportunity came. Antique Percussion Cape Gun Pontiac Mich. G.W. Good condition antique Belgian 12 gauge double barrel shotgun that is marked "W.M. We all want to think people are sane but they are NOT. Actually tight on face and in proof. Designed and Developed by DataWeb Programming | Copyright 2023. Or you might get it all. Buy a coach gun online. Fine condition with checkering having been freshened. of shot. Mechanically functions fine and features a side lever barrel release. That is all, pretty much, still true. Coach guns have extractors, but no ejectors (like a single-shot external hammer gun I have). But if you want one all around gun for home defense a shotgun is my choice. I keep a Stoeger Coach gun loaded with 3 000 buck by my bedside for things that go bump in the night. George Bate 20ga between the wars English double with a beautifully long LOP. A correspondent tells me his western police department kept double-barrel shotguns in 20-gauge until at least the 1980s, along with pump-action 20-gauge shotguns. Antique LONDON FINE TWIST Side by Side Shotgun ~ 12Ga ~ 36" Barrels Gun #: 991214683 Seller: baystategunbuyers GA Sales: 1880 $439.00 Full Details More from this Seller 10 Image (s) 2 muzzleloader. It loosened up quite a bit after just two range sessions, and Im sure it wouldnt take long for the barrels to start falling open when you press the action release lever, but its just something to be aware of. *Note the 29" steel barrels and the great stock dimensions and chokes for upland game. Add the gorgeous color case hardening on the receiver and triggerguard, and this is one fine shotgun, inside and out. But although the action is simplistic in nature, some of these double-barreled beauties are undoubtedly of heirloom quality, boasting attractive wood furniture, alluring finishes, and intricately engraved details. Vintage Double Barrel SXS Shotgun Wooden Forend Lot of 3 Grade 2 Pre-Owned $30.00 libertytreecollectors (21,045) 100% Buy It Now +$14.00 shipping Sponsored Antique T Parker Bro's Shotgun 12 ga Double Barrel England 30" Parts Only $225.00 fredc23 (3,227) 98.6% or Best Offer +$29.99 shipping Sponsored William Evans marketed this model as their "Best Quality" boxlock as they feature top notch engraving, wood, fit and finish and our gun is not an exception. My home defense is #3 buckshot in 20 ga in a shortened but vent rib Mossberg. Some may have limited working action but these are primarily hand props that are just for looks. Barrel #2 is a Remington copper solid slug. This gun is tight and field ready. Once you have fired both barrels, and open the action, good luck getting the shells out. This example includes bushed firing pins often only seen in high grade sidelocks. SIG Sauer MCX-SPEAR: Civilian Version of XM7 Rifle Arrives! Thus having access to a larger capacity of rounds was one of my first choices. of Edinburgh Scotland ~ A solid Scottish double that is ready for the field, W.W. Greener Model FH35 ~ This is a very original Greener with 2 3/4" proofs, Watson Brothers boxlock with newer barrels by John Dickson & Son. It will beat you up after a little while, and 3-inch turkey shells are going to make you know you shot them. Looks to have a little extra var .Click for more info Items per page: 24 36 48. We date this Agnew to 1909. We buy and sell fine antique firearms and rare collectibles. Original, English Engraved ROBINSON & SON Antique ~7 Gauge Shotgun Fowler PERCUSSION Large Bore FOWLING Piece .90 Caliber Here we present an antique L. Robinson & Sons Large Bore Fowling Piece. Stock Dimensions: 14 3/8"LOP x " c .Click for more info Seller: Lewis Drake & Associates Area Code: 270 $13,500.00 Nock, London. At near contact range, he fired one round of 12 gauge (paper) 2 1/2 #7 1/2 shot. I am looking for one of these for a client. Great deals on Double Barrel In Shotgun Parts. My Rossi overland coach 12 ga has an improved barrel on the left (front trigger) and a modified barrel on the right (rear). All Types (3) It is a 10 GA. made by Royal Gun Works in Belgiun and has been cut to a short 18" Steel barrels with typical black powder bores. This little Hellis is a perfect example. From flintlocks through Yellowboy lever-actions, this collection includes early American fort guns, market guns, military guns, and the great six-shooter "equalizers" of the West. Try it with the 410 in a judge and it will scare you how bad an idea this is. He argued that he wasnt doing nothing !! Ogden Smiths and Hussey 16g ~ This would make someone a great little upland gun! We are offering for sale an Antique LONDON MADE Side by Side shotgun chambered in 12GA. Show Only Guns I could be wrong, but thats just the way I see it. I have an old style exposed hammer coach gun. The cost was very reasonable so the side by side was purchased and came home with me. Especially now that Schumer is top Dem in Senate. Auction Now you can relive the Old West by owning this fine reproduction of the cowboy gun Colt made in Hartford, Connecticut. America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). The Daly Coach Gun has barrels threaded for Rem choke tubes, adding versatility to this compact, break-action shotty. Other times, folks would buy full-size shotguns and cut the barrels down to the desired length. Plus, those barrels produced solid patterns at, and a bit beyond, typical self-defense distances. This is a neat little bead-sighted shotgun that handles well. Sell your coach gun for FREE today on GunsAmerica! Dan, I thought that home invaders were pests and varmints to be controlled. LePage, Paris. Completed in 1901 this Scott is in remarkable condition retaining over 90% of its original case color and blue. and by James Woodward to say the least. Obviously ready for the field as is but this would be a fun one to give a new oil finish to the wood and with a light pick up of the checkering. The modern hammer-fired double barrel has the advantage of simplicity. This model does not break open. Then you will KNOW. VintageDoubles.com Newsletter The gun is tight on face and field ready. Moller lists them as contract suppliers to the state of New York. They are in excellent condition and measure perfectly. Weight: 6 Lbs. The double-barrel is simple to use well. Dan is absolutely right; his M1 carbine is a much better choice. This is an original antique circa 1875-1880 double-barreled shotgun with original 18 inch barrels commonly known as a "coach gun". Very unique! W.H. Availability: Please Call 1877 SIXGUN1. I think the pictures will tell you all you need to know as they show the excellent condition this English boxlock is in. William Evans boxlock ~ A very quality gun for the price which is tight and field ready, Thomas Wild 12g. In hindsight I prefer the physical indications that a hammer fired weapon provides. Browse Guns.com for popular brands, like Browning, CZ, Ithaca, Iver Johnson, Remington, Rock Island, Stoeger, TriStar, Winchester, and more. Also, if one restocks a standard pump such as a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500, with pistol grips and no buttstock, even the ubiquitous pump gun gets pretty compact. Beautiful gun with burled walnut stock and engraving on the side plates. A coach gun is a modern term, coined by gun collectors, for a double-barreled shotgun, generally with barrels from 18 to 24 inches (460 to 610 mm) in length, placed side-by-side.These weapons were known as "cut-down shotguns" or "messenger's guns" from the use of such shotguns on stagecoaches by shotgun messengers in the American Wild West.They came in 10 and 12 gauge blackpowder variants. My personal Century Arms double-barrel was ordered in 20-gauge.