Welcome to "Joy's Table", formerly "SOZO American Cuisine". Whiskey Creek will also serve as the temporary repository for the large pewter beer mugs at Old Chicago. Enjoyed the location as well - in the old downtown area. whiskey creek kearney, whiskey creek wood fire grill kearney ne, whiskey creek wood fire grill kearney 4300 zomato, wiaky batal, whiskey creek wood fire grill menu Select Country India These Kearney businesses have set up shop in town this year, or they are planning to open their doors sometime in 2020. Patrons can sit down and grab signature and classic pizza, pasta, salad calzones and more from the buffet during lunch, or order for the table. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). The menu has a great selection and the food was definitely worth the longer wait time, which is the only reason I gave it a 4/5. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. We started with a couple of flights to get a sample of the ones that looked appealing. Our server was helpful, polite, and prompt. Omaha | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Nebraska State Parks & National Monuments, 14 Great Places To Get Donuts In Nebraska. Dog friendly! Served with a side of Thunderhead Ranch, Spicy Buffalo Wing Sauce, Roasted Chicken, and Mozzarella Cheese Served with a side of Thunderhead Ranch, Marinara, Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Sauteed Portabella Mushrooms, and Mozzarella Cheese, Marinara, Ham, Pineapple, Jalapenio, and Mozzarella Cheese. Served with Sour Cream and Salsa on the side. By using Zomato's website, you agree to our, It has been a great run but we have, sadly, stopped our operations here! Explore top restaurants, menus, and millions of photos and reviews from users just like you. There are arcade machines you and your guests can tinker with, too, while waiting for your delicious food. Picture those all awash in dim lighting from edgy lamps for the perfect visual treat. Youll feel like youre in an Asian country while eating, with the restos red-and-white theme, an apparent homage to the Japanese flag. The place is a cute little "hole in the wall" cafe, which I LOVE! It was tasty. Our meals were great but Definitely my favorite bar to go to in town! Great atmosphere, food, and service for what it is. The beers are brewed in a nearby town, and are time-tested and well-loved. The brewery is located in an older area of town but it is coming back. The manager is always overly friendly and helpful! Served with Basil Dipping Oil, Thunderhead Salads are a mix of Fresh Greens, Tomatoes, Black Olives and Croutons. With crunchy-sweet old fashioned donuts, bear claws as big as a toddlers head, and satisfyingly-good coffee you dont always find small donut shops, it really is the perfect way to start a day of exploring Kearney. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. That was right where they built the Mall of America. The ambiance is welcoming and friendly, and the place is definitely family friendly. Suwannee Thai Cuisine 255 reviews Closed Now Asian, Thai $$ - $$$ ". 15 Best Restaurants in Kearney, NE Top-Rated Places to Eat! top of page. This dining establishment with a screaming blue facade is the perfect place to be for amazing American favorites such as burgers and salads, plus beer and cocktails. The staff was very helpful in assisting with our selections. . The city in Buffalo County is home to diverse flavors your palate wont get enough of. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Topped with a sunny-side up egg and bechamel sauce, the dish is a taste of heaven with every bite. Also very good too. Food was fantastic and service was even better. If Im ever back in the area I would definitely stop in again.More. Those chicken chunks mixed with bell pepper and tomato in a flour tortilla will make your palate go-gaga. Get quick answers from Thunderhead Brewing Company staff and past visitors. The only location that serves food, however, is in Kearney. ; Recommended Hotel Nearby: Holiday Inn Express Kearney, an IHG Hotel, Also See:Best Things to Do in Lincoln, NEBest Restaurants in North Platte, 320 3rd AveKearney, NE 68845(308) 455-3376. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Primary Location: Nebraska - Kearney - 4123 - Kearney- (04123) Work Location: 4123 - Kearney- (04123) 5001 2nd Avenue. I personally don't care for onions and stuff like that and you find them in a lot of the pastas there. Good place if you're wanting something local and different. Your choice of freshly grilled meat or sofritas served in a delicious bowl with rice, beans, or fajita veggies, and topped with guac, salsa, queso blanco, sour cream or cheese. Specialties: Family Italian Steakhouse Established in 2019. Big, fat, juicy burgers, salty fries, and deep-fried pickles are well-made bar staples, but their menu of varying skewer baskets shine for people who are looking for something a little different (not to mention keto and gluten free-friendly, if thats something you need). Decadent bars, cupcakes, cake balls, cookies, call-ahead full-sized cakes, and even ice cream from the UNL Dairy Store await you in this adorable little shop on Central Avenue. This popular joint is the epitome of fun. The Veggie Monster is a dish for the health buff. Heres a list of the best restaurants in Kearney to help you plan your epic food trip: 1420 W 24th StKearney, NE 68845(308) 234-2289. Yummy. I ended up getting 3 Frost Warnings, 3 Chinooks and 6 Thunder Punches to go. Swyft Filings used data from Lee & Associates to rank cities with the most opportunity for new retailers. Walk-ins always welcomed. The food is good. Read more about Burgos Queen's Mexican food here. Or you can enjoy a drink at the well-stocked bar and watch the game. CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL. As the name suggests, Nebraska Ale Works will feature local brews. Very impres, Trust me, I'm a Chinese, not a college student, I do lots of cooking at home, and I know when it's good Chinese food. 7:00 am . One of two options wouldrestrict participants to a student's biological sex. Not a lot of college kids. The big bonus? Please subscribe to keep reading. Alley Rose 407 reviews Closed Now American $$ - $$$ Menu "I had the salmon & he indulged with the shrimp scampi with risotto." get in touch . MoneyGeek analyzed which states are most dependent on the federal government. Weve been coming here every few years as we travel. You wont be disappointed.More, We hit the brewery for some local beers and had a couple of flights. Formerly named SOZO American Cuisine, this dining spot is one of the best restaurants downtown that serve delicious pasta and steak dishes in elegant surroundings. I unknowingly left my wallet on the table as we left. Get transported to Japan when you eat in this place. From dining out at the cosiest hidden gems to food delivery from swanky restaurants to serving the most incredible food, Zomato covers it all. Gardner was just 15 years old when he became a dishwasher, but his food service experience started sooner than that. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. With those sauteed mushrooms and creamy Swiss cheese on top, the dish is absolutely a culinary work of art. All were so good. Kids eat free on Sunday's. Why This Restaurant Is a Must Eat Nice people working there and a fun place to visit. Here's a list of the best restaurants in Kearney to help you plan your epic food trip: 1. That sliced ham smothered in Swiss cheese on toasted sourdough will tantalize your palate, with its delicious creamy flavors. Thebeer is average to slightly above average. Over 40,000 people including famed anthropologist Jane Goodall visit the Kearney area each year in March and early April. Our commitment to serving quality seafood starts long before you sit down at our restaurant. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Independent Contractor (Newspaper Carrier), Elm Creek family embraces life in their barn while they build their dream home, Kearney apartment complex maintenance technician arrested after burglaries at multiple businesses, Pleasanton natives return home to run The Sand Bar, Sweeneys bring indoor golf, East Coast eats to Holdrege, Kearney man dies Tuesday after car hits power pole, Dive team from Oregon join search for missing Aurora couple, In a van outside OUs Lloyd Noble Center, Doc Sadler lives out another season in 45 years of coaching, McKewon: Why Nebraska teams could roar like lions in March, and a tribute to Dirk, Former Mrs. Nebraska celebrated birthday and retirement on the same day, Kearney couple catching a dream with Catch A Ride taxi service, Thousands of dollars stolen in Kearney burglary, Former Bearcat Trey Schlender first girls wrestling coach at KHS, Two sisters, two teams, one hug: Sammy and Ani Leus unique state tournament experience, Like strong muscles, Fitness 101 keeps growing, Nebraska cheerleader competes by herself at state competition, but crowd doesn't let her feel alone, Kearney School Board discusses transgender athletes policy, Global race is on to improve EV range in the cold, Moscow reportedly threatened new parents in Ukraine: Register your newborns as Russian or else, The impact of climate change will be felt worse in these three U.S. cities, Scientists reveal hidden corridor in Great Pyramid of Giza. Super sweet an helpful. In operation since 1999, this easygoing pub is one of the best rated restaurants in Kearney for its delicious pub grub plus ales and lagers. As far as service, I'll share a story. max-height: 40px; The pizza was very good. Recommended Hotel Nearby: Best Western Plus Mid Nebraska Inn & Suites, 421 Talmadge St., Suite 2Kearney, NE 68845(308) 455-4580. Its creamy, not too sweet, and served by some seriously friendly baristas. max-height: 32px; Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. We have only eaten lunch here and always get very good burgers and other sandwiches. (leftovers go to the hotel desk staff!) This is one of the best birthday restaurants in Kearney. That crispy fried meat on a bed of fettuccine is delightful, with its juicy flavors that mix well with the smooth texture of the pasta. I highly recommend especially if ur extremely hungry..And We had a big group so ordering was chaos on our side. Where: 942 W. 24th St., Kearney, Neb. Kearney's Old Chicago to close, reopen as new restaurant MIKE KONZ Hub Enterprise Editor Sep 19, 2022 Updated Sep 19, 2022 0 1 of 2 Kearney's Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom at 115 Second. Good service too. Add that creamy sauce on top for that delicious cheesy taste and your epicurean experience is unforgettable. HeyTutor analyzed the 2022 National Assessment of Educational Progressto see how different groups of students have fared in their reading and. He said some of the Old Chicago staff will temporarily be absorbed into the Whiskey Creek operation, and when the new place opens in February, theyll become members of the Nebraska Ale Works staff. Served with a side of our Spicy Mustard, A Baked Potato loaded with Alfredo Sauce, Roasted Chicken, Bacon and Jalapenos, topped with melted Pepper jack Cheese, Served with your choice of Thunderhead Ranch or Sour Cream, Start with a cheese pizza, calzone or spud and create your own masterpiece. MLS # 20230138 .dpsp-has-spacing .dpsp-networks-btns-wrapper li { The lunch buffet is always good with the salad bar. The staff was not overly friendly or helpful with our takeout order. They have a kids menu, so if youre craving sushi and the kids need french fries, everyone can be happy. } Menu was mostly pizza, and what we had was great. 421 W Talmadge RdKearney, NE 68845(308) 455-6218. While it is a bar, this Kearney brewpub is still a favorite local place for families to gather and enjoy some really awesome stone oven pizza. Staff here has always been great. I had the English Were from SoCal, been all over this trip, as far as Montreal, Canada. Nice specials, friendly staff, and great standards. The space serves as a place for freelancers, entrepreneurs, independent contractors, remote workers, and other individuals to have a place to get work done with others. Had some artichoke dip and chips. All of my favorite things! Check out the list of New Restaurants in Kearney. Marinara, Beef, Italian Sausage, Ham, Pepperoni, Bacon, and Mozzarella Cheese - Try it and you'll be hooked! Add the parmesan cheese and the house marinara sauce for those creamy flavors. New Restaurant Opening in Kearney - Now Hiring (4123) (21034984)DescriptionCULTIVATING A BETTERSee this and similar jobs on LinkedIn. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. } Food was incredible and reasonably priced. Were excited about this, Gardner said Friday. Very good pizza! While these emerging technologies have raised fears of jo. New Menus. Born from the westward push of the railroad after the civil war, Kearney has grown into a thriving college town, providing a home for the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK). Ramen for the win at Kearney's new restaurant - The Antelope Ramen for the win at Kearney's new restaurant By Antelope Staff - December 5, 2019 874 0 GRACE MCDONALD mcdonaldge@lopers.unk.edu If the state of Nebraska were a restaurant, the menu would be dominated by two main items: meat and potatoes. The grilled boneless chicken breast on that soft bread is oozing with smoky flavors your palate wont get enough of. The dish is an amazing fusion of meat flavors, with its pepperoni, beef, bacon, ham and Italian sausage toppings on that delicious dough. Ask for a side of ranch and youre in pizza heaven! I love this restaurant, and since I had a horrible experience with another chinese restaurant in t. Red Lobster is known as the foremost expert in fresh seafood. I had a pint of their Frost Warning IPA. The resto can accommodate all your guests with its sprawling space thats just perfect for huge events. I'd agree with Dwight. Pro Tip: If youre looking for a chicken nugget option, ask for boneless wings without sauce. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our vegetarian diet. Kearneys Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom at 115 Second Ave. will close on Oct. 2 and plans to reopen as Nebraska Ale Works in February. We stopped by for a snack on a long trip. transition: opacity 400ms; Those TVs and stylish lamps add that touch of modernity to the resto youll definitely appreciate. Green curry, spring rolls, chicken noodles?we had to wait approx 30 minutes, but the food quality was sure worth it. Family restaurant serving delicious appetizers, gourmet burgers, local craft beers, and handmade shakes!Family restaurant serving delicious appetizers, gourmet burgers, local craft beers, and handmade. Recommended Hotel Nearby: Hampton Inn Kearney, 407 2nd AveKearney, NE 68847(308) 237-4300. By March 9 John Cervantes and Shelby Parsons expect to be ferrying fare-paying passengers around Kearney as owners of the citys new taxi serv. The Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp is a favorite for a reason. Kearney Tourism Kearney Hotels Kearney Guest House Kearney Holiday Homes . padding: 0; Signature pizzas include taco, teriyaki and Alfredo. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Glad we stopped in on our way back home to IdahoIf you're looking for Great food, large menu. Get transported to a Victorian home when you enter this place, with that gorgeous carpeting and those wooden tables. 2013 Central AveKearney, NE 68847(308) 234-1261. The porter is also excellent. Im happy to report that although the staff has changed over the years theyve all been really nice and fun to talk to. The brewery itself is very nice inside. Sun - Mon. This is my favorite restaurant in town :) the Drunken Noodles are my absolute favorite. I love my hometown, Omaha, but cannot resist the thrill of travel. We always enjoy sitting A nice little Mexican restaurant. Across the street from UNK, this Kearney coffee shop is full of patrons from the university both students and professors alike and its constant traffic means its not the quietest place during peak caffeination hours. Another well-loved, always-bustling breakfast option is Baristas Daily Grind. We enjoyed a great IPA and two of their house-made pretzels. --mv-create-title-secondary: 1.5em; He describes his plan for Nebraska Ale Works as a little bit of this, a little bit of that and a little bit of the other thing. Herbergers closed in August 2018 following the bankruptcy of its parent company, BonTon. .mv-create-card { Recommended Hotel Nearby: Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kearney, 110 2nd Ave SKearney, NE 68847(308) 455-8013. Love the place. The food is the best Mexican I have ever had, and it came so quick, the staff was very As we were traveling from Colorado to Omaha we needed to get a bite to eat. All trademarks are properties of their respective owners. If you go there, they still have home plate where it was at the stadium, Gardner said. Be one of the first to write a review! We like to try local beers. Great variety. Bonus, theyve added some excellent brews too! The Breakfast Cart & Catering provides small group catering services and makes all food from scratch in Kearney, NE. Family Destinations Guide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. hours. Always a great stop for lunch or dinner. I wishthey were closer to out home.More, We only stopped here because our first three choices were all closed. Kearney is certainly smaller than Lincoln or Omaha, but dont let that scare you! I practically insist that, if youre not afraid of jalapeno peppers, you try the Thunder Pie. You can just have a drink or two with friends you havent seen for a long time if youre not a sports buff. Frank Museum of History and Culture, Hotels near St. George Orthodox Christian Church, Hotels near (LNK) Lincoln Municipal Airport, Hotels near (EAR) Kearney Regional Airport, Restaurants near Thunderhead Brewing Company, American Restaurants for Lunch in Kearney. --mv-create-base-font-size: 1em; You can enjoy your meal while watching an exciting sports match on the TV by the bar. Best Pizza in Duluth, MN: 11 Top Pizzerias! ClickUp determined some top strategies to keep remote workers engaged and prod, Stacker compiled a list of the colleges whose graduates earn the most, using 2021 datareleased in 2023from PayScale. Gardner will remodel the building and in February hell reopen the location at 115 Second Ave. as Nebraska Ale Works. .dpsp-content-wrapper.dpsp-size-small .dpsp-network-btn.dpsp-has-label:not(.dpsp-has-count){ Normally the service is top notch but we sat for 15 minutes before our server even stopped by, walked by numerous times. Wide selection of good beers, food menu looked good but we'd already dined at the Chicken Coop in Grand Island where we were first introduced to Thunderhead Brewing beers. Looks amazing! Check their menu, reviews & rating, photos, price, location, cuisine, offers, and more. Contact fyre modern grill. Gardner is confident in Yendra, a Kearney native. At no extra cost to you, if you purchase something I may earn a referral payment. beer is average to slightly above average. --mv-create-radius: 0; on this list. The wife and I visited here with a couple friends while home for the holidays. Its our own concept.. .lazyload, .lazyloading { opacity: 0; } With that avocado aioli on top, the dish is perfect. Thunderhead Brewing Company has great pizza and beer and if in Kearney check this place out. Colleges are ranked by , Experian examined home equity lines of credit and refinancing data to see how lending changed since the Fed began raising interest rates in Ma. I would come into walmart just to get subway! :root { How is Thunderhead Brewing Company rated? justify-content: center; You definitely should have Suwanee (delicious authentic Thai), Good Evans (amazing breakfast and lunch), Angus Burgers and Shakes (boozy shakes, wide variety of burgers with local beef), and Joy's Table (and if you leave without try the bruschetta, you are missing out!) "A familiar face in a new place" . At Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill, quality and innovative cooking procedures create distinctive food for our guests. The location is quite small, however, so if youre traveling with a big group it might be a better idea to call ahead and order some treats to take to your hotel room or a nearby park. Delivery & Pickup Options - 68 reviews of Good Evans - Kearney "A wonderful new restaurant with a very modern and relaxing vibe and atmosphere. All Rights Reserved. The people are always nice. We ended up sharing a plate of nachos and they were absolutely delicious. Decided the Peach beer was our favorite. Youll have fun eating your meal while listening to talented artists perform live. The restaurant is beautiful to say the least. My favorite recommendation actually isnt a sweet one their gravy wrap is a decadent concoction of flaky dough and sausage gravy, and Id probably eat one every day if I could! The new menu has lower prices. That tomato-cilantro relish gives the dish those added fresh flavors, making it a culinary work of art. Recently stopped in Kearney on the way to Denver from Chicago. Whiskey Creek will have a role in the launch of Nebraska Ale Works. A search and recovery dive team has arrived in central Nebraska to look for the Aurora couple who have been missing since Jan. 11. I have to admit, the generic fried rice that served with d, If you want amazing quality food, amazing service, and chinese food, then Hunan's is the place to go! Not a beer drinker, and was very happy with the drink menu. Ive been to their locations from Kearney to Alma to Imperial and have had good experiences Our group of 6 recently visited this location. Located within the Hy-Vee grocery stores, Wahlburgers @ Hy-Vee are family-friendly restaurants that offer a unique dining experience featuring signature burgers and a full bar in a casual environment. Good place if you're wanting something local and different.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Kearney. It was tasty. This Kearney restaurant is one of my favorite gems ranging from options that satisfy picky kids who only eat beige-colored food, to incredibly flavorful, authentic Mexican fare that will feed your whole family quickly and affordably. Recommended Hotel Nearby: Candlewood Suites Kearney, an IHG Hotel, 3905 2nd AveKearney, NE 68847(308) 455-4222. 5001 2nd . The Tasty Tacos will make your mouth water. Recommended Hotel Nearby: Comfort Inn Kearney I-80, 15 W 23rd StKearney, NE 68847(308) 236-9737. In fact, Thunderhead has recently opened tap houses in downtown and west Omaha, if youd like to give their craft brews a try. No hassles, friendly people, and great staff. Set your taste buds on fire with the Thunderpie Pizza. A smaller south location can be found on Second Avenue the main drag and provides a slightly smaller selection of the offerings found at the main store. The Burrito Mexicano is a culinary treat. Atmosphere and their local recycling Great spot to eat and/or drink. Recommended Hotel Nearby: New Victorian Inn & Suites Kearney, 121 2nd Ave EKearney, NE 68847(308) 237-5805. Our server was indifferent and hadlittle personality. People friendly! } Best Pizza in Asheville, NC: 15 Top Pizzerias! Lauren Bonk, owner of the Curtain and Pen, hails from Kearney, Neb., where she works as a freelance copywriter for small businesses, startups, and even larger corporate entities in need of professionally-written marketing content for their businesses and organizations. Wanted to try a local place. The exquisite meat is oozing with juicy flavors that will stimulate your taste buds in every way. HOME. The U.S. economy may be approaching a recession. Best Pizza in Eagan, MN: 11 Top Pizzerias! Gambinos Pizza opened upat 2715 Second Ave. in January. With any luck, I'll inspire you to think the same. & Stouts. Basted with honey-lemon butter and sitting on top of that chicken-infused rice, the food is heavenly. There are two locations: The original in downtown Kearney, and a newer one right off the interstate, going by the name "Cunninghams on the Lake." Kyoto Where: 404 Third Ave., Kearney, Neb.. This is definitely your taste of Thailand in Kearney. document.documentElement.className = document.documentElement.className.replace( 'no-js', 'js' ); I also tasted their Chinook IPA. Copyright Family Destinations Guide 2023. Big selection of beers available. Enjoy delicious flavors while you marvel at the beautiful landscape and animal paintings, stylish lamps, and those gorgeous wooden floors, bar, and brick walls. It was time to renew the franchise for Old Chicago, but he was ready for a change, so he brought in a partner, restaurant veteran, Robby Yendra, to run the Ale Works. The staff is friendly, and there are a couple of tables available to sit and enjoy your treats with the family. opacity: 1; You can still explore dine-in restaurants and order amazing food on Zomato in. He got his toe into the industry as a dish washer, and, at age 23, he bought the former Country Kitchen at 407 Second Ave. for $450,000 in 1979. Shawna, who is designing the layout and decor, said seating will include: cafe benches, tables and chairs, high-top tables, lounge chairs, sofas and booths with curtains where members may make a private phone call or maybe even meditate. Savor amazing Thai flavors from dishes that follow recipes originating all the way from the Asian country. Of all the places hes owned or operated during his 47 years of restaurant ownership, he said Whiskey Creek remains his favorite. This is just one of the two Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill locations in Nebraska. Savor those exquisite seafood flavors from the nine grilled shrimps wrapped in smoky bacon on a plate. With that white truffle pepper gravy on top, the dish is hands down the best food in Kearney. 1010 3rd Ave, Suite F, Kearney, NE 68845-7371 +1 308-455-1100 Website Closed now : See all hours See all (17) There aren't enough food, service, value or atmosphere ratings for Good Evans, Nebraska yet. Tex's Cafe Kearney 23 East 21st Street, Kearney, NE 68847 El Limon Kearney 119 3rd Ave, Kearney, NE 68845 Delight Donut Kearney 324 3rd Avenue, Kearney, NE 68847 Nick's on the Bricks Kearney 15 East 24th Street, Kearney, NE 68847 HyVee Market Grille Kearney 5212 3rd Avenue, Kearney, NE 68845 Platte Valley Brewery Kearney