Accident Scene at I-470 & View High in southeastern KC-MO (Photo courtesy of the KC Scout Traffic System) For more information about the Police Blotter contact the Police Department'sPublic Information Officer, Sgt. The Police Blotter containsinformation aboutactual police reports or investigations initiated by a policeofficer. A Lee's Summit man was killed in a crash on Interstate 470 on Thursday morning, authorities said. At least one person was hurt, although the extent of their injury is unknown. Police say multiple shots were fired from one vehicle into the passenger side of the other. She would just always make us laugh, have a good time at practice, Ashlee said. The district stood out in terms of breaking the news to students and staff. The Lee's Summit Police Department destroyed explosive material on the side of Interstate 470, causing southbound lanes to be shut down Wednesday. All rights reserved. KC Scout warned drivers in the area to be prepared to stop if using Interstate 470 in the Raytown Road area of Kansas City, MO. KANSAS CITY, Mo. AT O PNEERSON IS DEAD AFTER THEY WERE HIT BY A CAR. I-470 Missouri Accident Reports Statewide (8 DOT and News Reports) 470 Lee's Summit, MO Traffic. LEE'S SUMMIT, Mo. 22 1 Comment 2 Shares Share The fire department considers the fire suspicious in nature. The driver of the vehicle that crossed the median, identified Thursday afternoon as 47-year-old David Spohr of Lee's Summit, was killed. The 47-year-old was likely on her way to work when she was killed in a car crash Thursday morning. I-470 Missouri News Reports Statewide. The Missouri Highway Patrol, KCPD, Lees Summit Police Department and Jackson County Park Rangers assisted with street closures in the area. By Sgt. Your Email (will not be shown) 5 x 1 = ? When asked the victim told police that her toes wernt covered by hershoe shurancebecause toes wernt covered in the policy.. Write a Report. The interstate was closed following the crash and had significant impacts on rush-hour traffic. The driver brought the victim to Saint Luke's Hospital East in Lee's Summit. Read news from Kansas City and surrounding cities including Cass County, Johnson County, Olathe, Overland Park and Lee's Summit. Rachel Stone taught physical. Stone was Ashlees assistant volleyball coach. The Kansas City metro lost an advocate for students and athletes. This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Home; About; Program; FAQ; Registration; Sponsorship; Contact; Home; About; Program; FAQ; Registration; Sponsorship . A crossover crash involving three vehicles left one person dead and temporarily closed Interstate 470 in Lee's Summit Thursday morning, according to the Missouri Highway Patrol. The accident happened in the westbound lanes near View High Drive around 9:15 p.m. Advertisement The westbound. She leaves behind a 17- and 21-year-old, who just got engaged. No other injuries were reported. An 18-year-old Lee's Summit man has been charged with recklessly causing the Feb. 1, 2016 vehicular accident that killed two passengers riding in his vehicle and injured another driver, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker announced today. The Mazda then traveled off the west side of the roadway and struck the median cable barrier. Nunn said family knows moving forward will be hard, but they cling to prayer and remember Stones smile. LEE'S SUMMIT, Mo. Download the FOX4 News app to stay updated on the go. Copyright 2022 KCTV. I-470 Lee's Summit, MO DOT Reports. She was just what really made me keep trying at volleyball.. MoDOT employees initially found the device, police said. One person suffered minor injuries in a crash that left a car hanging over the I-470 overpass on Colbern Road in Lee's Summit Friday, police say. She announced her retirement from KCFD earlier in the week. A Lees Summit teacher was killed in a crash Thursday morning. Police and emergency crews responded at 2 a.m. to Interstate 470 at Strother Road in response to the two-vehicle wreck. Information on this site is preliminary information relating to motor vehicle injury and fatal crashes investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol. To recap - grass fire on the south side of I-470 east of Raytown Rd. When officers arrived on scene they were able to determine that two . (KCTV) - A single-vehicle crash in Saline County left a 79-year-old man from Lee's Summit, Missouri, dead Thursday night. Lee's Summit JuJu Smith-Schuster delivers good news for students at Lee's Summit 100% Center coverage: 1 sources . But the district had already filed a countersuit seeking to establish the extent of attorney general's authority. Schmitt tried to drop the suit against Lee's Summit as well. When a. accident is fatal, families are left to struggle with their grief and loss as best they can. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The 10 agencies that assisted in the fire response included the Kansas City Fire Department, Raytown, Grandview, South Metro, Pleasant Hill, Lees Summit, Southern Jackson County, Overland Park , Belton and Sni Valley. I-470 Lee's Summit, MO Weather Conditions. Here are resources to help accident victims and their families after a, Pedestrian Sandrea Sipple, 21, killed when struck by vehicle near parking lot on NE Windsor Dr. in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Brittnee E. McDonald, 31, killed, man seriously injured after car overturns near U.S. 50 and Blackwell Road in Lee's Summit, Missouri, One man killed, other man injured after their two vehicles collide at Southwest 3rd Street and Southwest Bridlewood Drive in Lee's Summit, Missouri, One dead and four injured in three-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 50 in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Kevin A. Daniels dead after wrong-way head-on crash with Joseph A. Cook, 34, now charged with DWI, on U.S. 50 in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Two people killed in wrong-way crash on I-470 in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Trenton J. Burg, 26, killed and two injured in car crash into tree at Southeast Shenandoah Drive and Southeast Kimbrough Lane in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Carl Martin, 58, killed in collision with alleged drunk driver on Interstate 470 in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Christopher N. Coffelt, 41, killed and Steven S. Ontiveros, 28, arrested in collision at NE M-291 Highway and NE Swann Road in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Tracy J. Pycior, 36, killed and several injured in collision at Todd George Road and Lienweber Road in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Vincent Basile, 53, and Kelli Basile, 24, dead in small plane crash in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Nathan Giron, 18, and Courtney Rardin, 18, killed, and Collin Carter, 18, injured in collision on Pryor Road in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Nefertiti D. Smith, 17, killed, and Tamerick J. Wright, 17, and Kenveion D. West, 18, in rollover car crash on Interstate 470 in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Branden E. Blayney, 22, killed in motorcycle crash at Missouri 291 and U.S. 50 in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Caleb Gotway, 17 killed in car wreck on SW Hook Road in Lee's Summit, Missouri, Woman bitten 3 times by copperhead snake at Virginia restaurant. Were just going to miss her.. So I miss her a lot and its very sad.. LS Police Facebook Lees Summit Police Twitter Lee's Summit Mo. I totally agree that some Americans have brain worms. Counselors were available to students and staff Thursday and Friday. Expect delays and be patient! It was presented to him for his years of 'Meritorious Service in Pro Football' in 1976. If your child will play baseball or softball this spring, youll need to stock up on appropriate clothing and equipment. I-470 Lees Summit, MO in the News. Police Dept. Georgia was out to check on five-star DL Williams Nwaneri multiple times in January, and he will now make his way to Athens on March 17. She had served as fire chief since September 2019. LEE'S SUMMIT, Mo. How to use the Lees Summit Traffic Map. KANSAS CITY, Mo. EB I-470 is closed at Raytown Rd, WB I-470 is closed at View High Dr.#KCTraffic @KCTV5 pic.twitter.com/16y6Xt2ier. She was a devoted and loving mother to her children: Michelle (Jon) Pirie and Phillip (Nikky) Brinkly. Crews still working on mulch fire along I-470 going into Day 2 Monday, Insect found outside Arkansas Walmart identified as Jurassic-era insect, Alvin Ailey is returning to Kansas City for the first time in six years, St. Lukes East Hospital placed on lockdown while police searched for a shooting suspect, Good reviews on first month of pot sales in Missouri. The driver of the Fed-Ex semi-truck was Read More, More results in our I-470 Lees Summit Missouri Archives, I-470 Missouri Accident Reports Statewide (3 DOT and News Reports), Lee's Summit community mourns loss of long-time teacher killed in crash, Lee's Summit man dies in Saline County crash, Lees Summit Teacher Killed In A Fatal Car Crash, Saline County Crash Kills One Lee's Summit Man, Injures Another, Teacher for over two decades in the Lee's Summit School District dies in car crash, Lee's Summit High School mourns loss of teacher who died in car crash Thursday morning, One person dead following crash involving tractor trailer in Lee's Summit Thursday, Truck Driver Killed in Amtrak Crash in Cass County. NORTH EAST WHISPERING WINDS DRIVE, 4600 BLOCK, February 13, 09:30 AM, Harassment/Threats. Police were dispatched to the intersection of NE Douglas and NE Mulberry on a shooting call. Southbound lanes were shut down until around 5:30 a.m., while crews cleared debris and worked to tow the vehicles away. At 11:10 a.m., officers started blocking traffic heading eastbound on I-470. Police determined the item was some kind of commercial grade explosive material and called the explosive ordnance disposal team to the scene. Every game now will be for her, Ashlee said. Lee's Summitmajor hospitals include Lee's Summit Medical Center; Missouri State Insurance Commissioner site. Stone was very involved in the Lees Summit community. I-470 Kansas Traffic News; I-470 Ohio Traffic News; I-470 West Virginia Traffic News; Nunn talked to Stones husband Scott. The school Read More, A Lee's Summit man was killed and another injured in a one-vehicle accident that occurred Thursday night in Saline County. Regardless of the severity of the collision, the people involved are left to deal with injuries, medical bills, property damage, and insurance claims. (KCTV) - An investigation is underway following a suspicious fire at a duplex in Lee's Summit, Missouri, on Thursday. (KCTV) - A wrong-way crash involving a car and a semi closed all southbound lanes of I-470 in Lee's Summit for over three hours early Tuesday morning, according to. The Missouri State Highway Patrol reports that a 2012 Mazda 5 was traveling south in the northbound lanes of I-470 (south of the 13.4 mile marker) around 11 p.m. Friday night, and struck a southbound 2018 Dodge Journey and then struck a 2008 Chevy Tahoe. News: Man, 83, injured in I-470 S crash in Lee's Summit LEE'S SUMMIT, MO - One was hospitalized following a rear-end collision on the southbound lanes of I-470 Wednesday. Just before 5 p.m., Kansas City Scout reports all roads have reopened. Lee's Summit DUI Related Accidents; Lee's Summit Fatal Accidents; Lee's Summit Car Accidents; I-470 Traffic News by State. Lee's Summit Pedestrian Accident Attorneys The accident took place at about 9:15 p.m. in the westbound lanes of the interstate near View High Drive. The crash happened before 8:15 a.m., according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Live Traffic Report Page . Write a Report. The crash happened around 9 a.m. on northbound I-470 near Colbern Road in Lee's Summit. Find todays top stories on fox4kc.com for Kansas City and all of Kansas and Missouri. Read More Lees Summit Teacher Killed In A Fatal Car Crash Missouri Lees Summit source: Bing 16 views Feb 17, 2023 04:56am Lees Summit teacher killed in a car crash. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Science & Weather Together presented by Bayer, Weather Aware Guide: Winter storms, warnings, wind chill and more, Best athletic wear for kids joining baseball and, How to watch all the Oscar-nominated movies in style, Best smart home devices for older users, according, Missouri bill could crack down on expired temp tags, Kansas City Streetcar tests emergency preparedness, Missouri B-2 bomber crash still visible on Google, Nevada Democrats face brewing civil war ahead of, Kansas City man convicted of 2021 murder, burglary, Bacteria outbreak impacting dogs in Kansas City area, Mo lawmakers back ban on Chinese ownership of land, Kansas governor slams NYC mayors Topeka comments, More from FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports, St. Lukes East Hospital locks down after shooting, 4 The People: KCIs new terminal is a reality, Book details Untold Story of Hyatt Skywalk collapse, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan actor, dies at, Meeting gets heated over River Market apartment project, New grocery store taking over old Hy-Vee in Northland, This SNL cast member cant wait for Kelce to host, Repair plan for closed KCK bridges to be discussed, Where to get a Yuengling beer in Kansas City, KC Police Board remembers fallen KCPD officer, K9, KC needs volunteers for Big 12 Championships, events, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Lee's Summit, MO (November 16, 2021) - A traffic-related incident reported in Jackson County ended in injuries, according to local news sources. The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox. If you have questions in regards to the police blotter you may contact the police department Public Information Officer, Sgt. (KCTV) - A wrong-way crash involving a car and a semi closed all southbound lanes of I-470 in Lees Summit for over three hours early Tuesday morning, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol. FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports.