Holy Apostles Church. Sister Mariani has answered the call of ministry joyously. Try again later. Some days, Dr. McCann said, he arrives with his head spinning, from hospitals and intensive-care units where death can be tortured, impersonal and wastefully expensive, only to find himself in a different world where its really possible to focus on whats important for people and, he adds, whats exportable, what we can learn from an ideal environment like this., Laura L. Carstensen, the director of the Center on Longevity at Stanford University, says the convent setting calms the tendency for public policy discussion about end-of-life treatment to devolve into a debate about euthanasia or rationing health care based on age., Every time I speak to a group about the need to improve the dying process, somebody raises their hand and says, Youre talking about killing old people, Dr. Carstensen said. Let the family know you are thinking of them. Beyond our Congregation, we are joined by our SSJ Associates, countless supporters, & friends. GREAT NEWS! As a Sister of St. Joseph I have been called and challenged to live in this manner, she said. BATAVIA Lucian Joseph Signore, 100, of Batavia, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2023, at the New York State Veterans Home in Batavia. The Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester is a community of over 250 Roman Catholic women religious. All photos appear on this tab and here you can update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage. She started out teaching first grade but then began an extended time teaching instrumental music in both grade school and high school. Thank you for fulfilling this photo request. We cannot achieve our goals without the help of our community. For over 160 years in our community, the Sisters of St. This browser does not support getting your location. Sisters of St Joseph at 150 French Rd, Rochester, NY 14618. Sister Vay taught at St. Ambrose, Holy Apostles, Sacred Heart and Nazareth Hall in Rochester; St. Lawrence in Greece; St. Jerome in East Rochester; and Sacred Heart in Auburn. Resend Activation Email. Sorry! The Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester is a community of Roman Catholic women religious. Burial was in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Rochester, NY.Family of John and Mary Brennan in 1880 Census of Albany Township, Bradford County, PA261 263 Brennan John 34 M hus farmer Ireld Ireld Ireld261 263 Mary 33 F wife housekeeper Ireld Ireld Ireld261 263 Susan 8 F dau PA 261 263 Frank 7 M son PA 261 263 Mary 5 F dau PA 261 263 Catherine 2 F dau PA 261 263 Ellen 11m F dau PA Notation: The 1900 Census of Dushore Borough, Sullivan County, PA records on sheet 6, page 11, line 9 Ellen Brennan, boarder, born 8/1879, white, single, unmarried, and born in Pennsylvania, as a resident of the borough. A coronavirus outbreak at a convent near Albany has infected nearly . During the warmer months, you can find her mowing and trimming, keeping the grounds in good order. Contributions in her memory may be made to the Sisters of St. Joseph, 150 French Rd, Rochester, NY 14618 (www.ssjrochester.org). By Mihir Zaveri. This way of living has permeated my life and ministry.. She decided against a mammogram to learn the nature of a lump in her one remaining breast, understanding that she would not survive treatment. She was born in Laddsburg, PA on August 11, 1879 to John and Mary Dunn Brennan, and given the name of Ellen at her baptism on September 4, 1879 in St. Barbara Cocilova, the nurse practitioner here, sees differences in the health of these sisters compared with elderly patients in other settings. Sister Ann Regina Mitrano entered the congregation from her home parish of St. Anthony of Padua in Rochester. Sister Sutter was then called to teach computer classes on the elementary- and middle-school level which ultimately led to becoming director of technology at Nazareth Elementary School. It is purposeful. the Sisters of St. Joseph of Rochester have worked to teach, heal, and effect change. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. The experience made me more sensitive to the suffering of others. Sister Joseph Anne spent her life primarily in education in Rochester, Auburn and Elmira. Cemetery, Rochester, Diocese of Rochester, New York. Are you sure that you want to delete this memorial? Sister Mary St. John Brown, MM: Sister Jane Bruce, MM: Sister Maria Hostia Bruns, MM: . Now in my 90s and reflecting on my jubilee year, I recall that I always wanted to be a missionary and a nurse, and the Holy Spirit led me to the Sisters of St. Joseph. I am grateful to the Sisters of St. Joseph who taught me as a child and encouraged me on the journey to my vocation. We come together today to celebrate the full and fruitful life of Sister Elizabeth Ann OBrien, our beloved Betty, formerly Sister Elizabeth, Sister Agnes Theresa Schwintek, CSJ, the former Sister John Winifred, died on November 27, 2022 in the 73rdyear of her religious life. Im not afraid of death, she said. Here's your chance! Born Mary Elizabeth to Jay and Ellen Lane, Mary Kenneth told countless stories, With deep gratitude to our gracious and Creator God we come together to celebrate the life and goodness of Sister St. Claude Lenox, a Sister of St. Joseph for 74 faithful and, wed have to add ~ adventurous years. Family members linked to this person will appear here. The Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester is a community of Roman Catholic women religious. The hallmark of Fathers life was being a priest to the people whom he served, and he graciously administered the sacraments for nearly 60 years, especially the Sacrament of the Sick to many in their final hours on this earth. I am grateful to God for calling me to the Sisters of St. Joseph of Rochester.. We define our lives through prayer, community, and service in the company of our "neighbor" with compassion . I am grateful for the families of various cultures and languages who have enriched my life with their religious celebrations as well as their friendship, hospitality, and staunch endurance of poverty and hardship. Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. teach, heal, and effect change. Try again later. !) and sings Peace Is Like a River to the dying. Walter Szczesny officiating. In the old Mother House, the infirmary was a place apart. Here's what happened, Dueling fish fries: Family members face off in fish fry bracket, March is a weather wildcard in Rochester. She taught at Immaculate Conception School, Rochester, NY from 1901 to 1909. Father was a charter and 3rd degree member of the Knights of Columbus, Msgr. I remained in that field for 45 years. The Motherhouse is the heart of our Congregational life. Continuing with this request will add an alert to the cemetery page and any new volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request. It means being able to say, Yet, those armies of grammar and high-school students and the truly wonderful women in my congregation with whom I lived in Geneva and Rochester are among the core blessings and memories of my life.. Well done, good and faithful, servant! Matthew 25:21. Sister Alice Marie Kurtz grew up in Wayland, where she was educated by the Sisters of St. Joseph. St Casimir's Polish National Catholic Church. Linking is encouraged, but republishing or redistributing, including by framing or similar means, without the publisher's prior written permission is prohibited. Her death at Villa Marie was, as her life had been, beautiful and edifying. . Dying belongs at home, in the community. Even though I no longer bake the cookies, to this day, people still talk about them and ask for the secret recipe, she said, noting that the recipe is still a secret. He loved playing with the pit bands for musicals at Batavia High School and was known for his generosity in repairing and giving instruments to student musicians. Weve updated the security on the site. During most of my 25 years as a Sister of St. Joseph, I have served in pastoral ministry, beginning in Confresa, Mato Grosso, 1994-1996, then in Goiania, Goias, 1997-2000, then in Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, 2001-2002, and again in Goiania, in 2003 until today, said Sister Maria Jos Monteiro de Oliviera. Beyond our Congregation, we number over 100 Associates, countless supporters, & friends. ). Thanks for using Find a Grave, if you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. But the Sisters of St. Joseph, a congregation in this Rochester suburb, animate many factors that studies say contribute to successful aging and a gentle death none of which require this special setting. Hence, I decided to divide my time between serving as a pastoral agent in my parish community of Jesus Christ Resurrected (part of the parish St. Peter & St. Paul, on the periphery of Goinia) and to serve as a lawyer, particularly for those who dont have access to the justice system through other means. Contributions in her memory may be made to the Sisters of St. Joseph, 150 French Rd, Rochester, NY 14618 (www.ssjrochester.org.) Posted online on April 06, 2022 Published in Rochester Democrat and . Carmel High School, Auburn, and DeSales High School, Geneva, and for the students and staff with whom I worked there. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account. From 1989 until his retirement he was Parochial Vicar at St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Irondequoit until his retirement. This flower has been reported and will not be visible while under review. In 2003, she became a national consultant for Sadlier Publishing in New York City and Catholic School Management in Madison, Conn. What a blessed wonderful world of adventure in Gods plan for me these 75 years.. Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. Interment will follow immediately at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery. Apply . Our Breakfast and Table Talk and Tastings dates for 2023 are out. But Sister Mary Jane and Sister Marie Albert are exceptions here. Tue - Thu 9:00 am - 7:00 pm. In preparation for his priesthood, he studied at Niagara University, Catholic University of America, St. Vincents Seminary in Latrobe, PA.; St. Bernards Seminary in Rochester, the Pontifical North American College in Rome, and the Redemptorist Seminary of Marianella, Dublin. Drag images here or select from your computer for Sr M. Stephen "nee Ellen" Brennan memorial. Phone: If pain control is more important than alertness. Today she is an integral team member of the SSJ Office for Mission Advancement. Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. Lous Mass of Christian Burial will follow visitation at 1 p.m. at Ascension Parish, 19 Sumner Street in Batavia, with the Rev. Get Notified when Joseph P McKenna's info changes. Seven priests moved here in old age, paying their own way, as does Father Shannon, who presides over funerals that are more about the celebratory alleluia than the glum De Profundis. But he has been with the sisters since he entered the priesthood, first as a professor at Nazareth College, founded by the order, and now as their chaplain. This is both a humbling and rewarding experience, she said. Which memorial do you think is a duplicate of M. Stephen Brennan (173929396)? Share this memorial using social media sites or email. cemeteries found in Rochester, Monroe County, New York, USA will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Each day is a gift with its challenges as I continue as a Sister of St. Joseph. Rochester: Tuesday, August 12, 2008. Lucian was an accomplished lifelong musician, and as a teenager went on the road with several regional Big Bands. I am living who I am meant to be.". Rare weather phenomenon passes through Rochester during winter storm. She is a member of the Association of Performing Arts Professionals and the North American Performing Arts Managers and Agents Association. Sister Stephens currently works as part of a team meeting the needs of the sisters and priests residing at the Sisters of St. Joseph Motherhouse. I began law school in 2001 and joined the prison ministry in 2003. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Honor Flight Rochester, PO Box 23581, Rochester, NY 14692 or the New York State Veterans Home - Activities Fund, 220 Richmond Avenue, Batavia, NY 14020. Sister Mary Christopher Kuchman entered the congregation from Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish in Rochester. The Reverend Ralph J. Fraats, formerly of 113 Genesee Street and currently residing at the Sisters of St. Joseph, Rochester, NY, died on May 1, following a brief illness of Acute Myeloid Leukemia. I praise the Lord for His goodness to me and to all who have touched my life., Sister Rosemary Mackie (formerly Sister Columba) was drawn to the Sisters of St. Joseph as a student at Nazareth Academy. She accepted my free spirit and guided me to enter the congregation, Sister Ryan said. She also started Sister Margaret Marys cookies, which she delivered to local schools, hospitals, and businesses, and shipped all around the country. Look back at some of the most memorable storms, Bills news, notes from NFL Scouting Combine: Who they are eyeing at slot receiver, Top 5 most expensive homes sold in Brighton last year, 15 million pounds of pollution was released in NY. HOURS. Are you adding a grave photo that will fulfill this request? extend our reach well beyond what we could ever do alone. If they want to try it, fine, she said. Learn about our impact, read about how grateful we are, peruse winter weather tips from our staff, hear from our Executive Director, Jen Sahrle, and more! For more than 169 years the Sisters of Saint Joseph have served the people of Long Island. In 2013, she became superintendent of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Buffalo and collaborated with 60 elementary and high schools. The following Sisters of St. Joseph are celebrating jubilees in 2022. She labored successfully there in the classroom from 1909 to 1923. Sister Marie, who left the classroom because of multiple sclerosis, reminds an astounded sister with Alzheimers that she was once a high school principal (I was? Sister of St. Joseph Mary Brigid McCarthy, who served in various ministries during her more than 78 years as a Sister of St. Joseph, died Dec. 13, 2022. Lou will be missed by his friends, especially his Wednesday afternoon coffee group at Tim Hortons, where he said they solved all the problems of the world. Search above to list available cemeteries. From 1952-73, Sister Clarke taught youngsters in grades first, second and sixth grades concurrently in five parishes in four cities St. Augustine in Rochester, St. Alphonsus in Auburn, St. Francis de Sales in Geneva, St. John the Evangelist in Greece and St. Monica in Rochester. Learn more about merges. As the number of sisters decreased in the schools, the response by lay faculties and their dedication has added many new friends in my life. I love to see them smile and brighten up when I drop by, she said. Lucian was a veteran of World War II and served his country honorably in the Army during battles in Central Europe and Northern France. There are no volunteers for this cemetery. For everyone who knew him, he had a welcoming demeanor, was eternally optimistic, and was always ready with a joke. Here, everyone mixes. July 8, 2009. Sister Mackie is thankful for the support of her fellow sisters. In this ministry, I am able to serve the sisters. R. K. Burns Council #11749 at St. Thomas Church, Irondequoit. We join in praise and gratitude to our loving God for the life and goodness of Sister Grace Andrew Callahan, a Sister of St. Joseph for 73 Sister Nancy Jean Fackner, CSJ October 13, 2022 Integrity mattered to them. Basil's Church, Dushore, PA. She taught school at New Era, PA before entering the Sisters of St. Joseph of Rochester, NY in September 1900 at the age of 21. For 32 years, she was the director of food services at the motherhouse kitchen preparing and serving meals for more than 100 sisters and any groups that came by. "My formative years in the rural farm community of Wayland, N.Y., grounded me in the strong life values of continually nurturing faith, family, and friends," she recalled. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. BATAVIA - Lucian Joseph Signore, 100, of Batavia, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at the New York State Veterans Home in Batavia. Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. She was the literary director at Geva Theatre for 10 years and the coordinator of Gevas national new play festival. For us, becoming a Sister means belonging to a community. Rochester, NY 14618 Main: (585) 641-8100 Gift Shop: (585) 641 . Low 31F. Reverend Ralph J. Fraats 1933 - 2020ROCHESTER - The Reverend Ralph J. Fraats, formerly of 113 Genesee Street and currently residing at the Sisters of St. Joseph, Rochester, NY, died on May 1, 2020, fo Take a look at our Employment Opportunities page to find out more about the positions we have available. She passed away on Oct. 29, 2018, at 98, just a month before they would have celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary. Published in Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Father was ordained by his Eminence Patrick Cardinal Boyle May 28, 1960, in the Cathedral of St. Matthew in Washington, D.C. We come together today filled with loving gratitude for the beautiful life of Sister Mara Ins, a Sister of St. Joseph for 70 faithful and fruitful years, Sister Grace Andrew Callahan, CSJ died on November 3, 2022 in the 73rd year of her religious life. View their profile including current address, phone number 323-845-XXXX, background check reports, and property record on Whitepages, the most trusted online directory. The Braves pull away late to win their first Section V title since 2009. Family and Friends are invited to call on March 24, 2023, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., at the H.E. Beyond our Congregation, we number over 100 Associates, countless supporters, & friends. Try again later. Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. As manager of this memorial you can add or update the memorial using the Edit button below. Timothy Howard of Oswego, NY celebrated her funeral Mass. We approach our living and our dying in the same way, with discernment, Sister Mary Lou said. Further back were many grammar and high-school plays at Guardian Angels Grammar School in Henrietta, St. Stephens Grammar School and DeSales High School in Geneva, and St. Agnes High School in Rochester. He shares with them the security of knowing he will not die among strangers who have nothing in common but age and infirmity. "My parents, relatives, and the neighboring community exemplified . I have been fortunate to have had many wonderful mentors in my ministry assignments at Nazareth Academy, Womens Place, St. Josephs Neighborhood Center, St. Joseph Convent Infirmary, and teaching religious education at St. Lawrence and Immaculate Conception, Rochester.. God is alive and well in my life and gives me major clues each day, said Sister Maria Elena Mariani (formerly Sister Amelia). The Sisters of St. Joseph of the Diocese of Cleveland are chiefly engaged in the parochial schools. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. Churches. St. Joseph's Neighborhood Center, in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph, seeks to identify and respond to the unique health and social needs of individuals and communities in the greater Rochester region. William H. Shannon, 91, advocate euthanasia or physician-assisted suicide. standing with others who share our faith and mission. She also is an attorney. Masses are requested for the repose of his soul and burial will be at Mount Olivet Cemetery, Whitesboro. God could not have planned my life better, said Sister Margaret Mary Ryan (formerly Sister Julitta) as she reflects on her 60 years as a Sister of St. Joseph. Today, we are still teachers & care givers but, that's only part of the picture. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots. A convent is a world apart, unduplicable. But nobody would accuse Roman Catholic sisters of that. Growing up, she lived down the street from St. Augustine Convent and attended school there, and then moved on to St. Agnes High School. Dr. George F. Kettel as subdeacon. This is what everyone should have., Sisters Face Death With Dignity and Reverence, https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/09/health/09sisters.html. Churches. Retiring in 2018, she has taken on the roles of substitute principal and teacher, and she even did a stint as a kitchen helper for a local schools lunch program. Your new password must contain one or more uppercase and lowercase letters, and one or more numbers or special characters. We join in praise and gratitude to our loving God for the life and goodness of Sister Grace Andrew Callahan, a Sister of St. Joseph for 73, Sister Nancy Jean Fackner, CSJ died on October 12, 2022 in the 67th year of her religious life. Sister Mary Jane Mitchell, 65, chose radical surgery and radiation for a grave form of brain cancer. (585) 325-5260 Currently, she is a director for the SSJ Associates program. Contact Tiffany at tpaine@sjncenter.org or 585-325-1254 today. Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Sister Anna Marie Theresa Micklin, the former Sister Mary Matthew, died on January 5, 2023 in the 69th year of her religious life. Sisters of St. Joseph, Rochester, Diocese of Rochester, . Sister Jamesine was a lawyer who founded a legal clinic for Rochesters working poor. Sister Mary Jane Mitchell was the first female chaplain in a federal penitentiary. See who polluted near you, Fish Fry Faceoff: After upsets in first round, Sweet 16 voting begins, Girls Basketball: Canandaigua defeats Pittsford Sutherland in Section V Class A final, Dansville vs. Hornell in girls basketball, Second-half surge sends Waterloo to third straight Class B1 title, Newark, Wellsville complete basketball repeat in return to War Memorial, Lisenbee: Federal duck stamp impact goes far beyond the scope of hunting, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Mr Signore was born March 25, 1922 in Auburn, NY to the late Carmelo and Mary (Ciampi) Signorelli. Sister Rita was a Sister of St. Joseph for 62 years. Learn about how to make the most of a memorial. Thats a natural thing.. or don't show this againI am good at figuring things out. You know when to let it be.. Failed to remove flower. Of the 150 residents, nearly half live in the west wing, designated for independent living, in apartments with raised toilets, grab bars and the like. The email does not appear to be a valid email address. A public memorial for Fr. Photos larger than 8Mb will be reduced. Year should not be greater than current year. 50 Years. PITTSFORD, N.Y. Gravely ill with heart disease, tethered to an oxygen tank, her feet swollen and her appetite gone, Sister Dorothy . By Jane Gross. In the winter, she heads inside where, among other tasks, she repairs and paints walls. The sisters with whom she ministers say she brings her enthusiastic spirit along with her knowledge and expertise, giving hope to people most in need. I am grateful for my teaching years at Mother of Sorrows Elementary School, Mt. You just get a feeling within yourself at a certain point. Joseph P McKenna, age 40s, lives in Rochester, NY. In the past, people saw the Sisters of Saint Joseph as the backbone for staffing Catholic schools & hospitals. I was so fortunate to have had a Catholic education myself, and even more blessed to have had the opportunity to be a Catholic educator as a Sister of St. Joseph over these 60 years, said Sister Carol Cimino (formerly Sister Bernard). Dr. McCann and others say that the sisters benefit from advanced education, and new ventures in retirement that keep them active. Sister Miriam Joseph Schaub OP of the Dominican Sisters, Sparkill, New York, died on February 26, 2023 in Siena Hall, Dominican Convent, Sparkill. The Diocese of Rochester In America 1868-1993. She was 97 years old. She works tirelessly in assisting them on the road to a better life and recently was pleased to receive a grant from the SSJ Ministry Foundation to continue her work. For his bravery and service he was awarded the Army Service Medal, Pacific Service Medal, and the WWII Victory Medal. Laddsburg, Bradford County, Pennsylvania, USA. cemeteries found within kilometers of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Your Scrapbook is currently empty. Make sure that the file is a photo. Please reset your password. Forty sisters live in assisted-living studios, and another 40 in the nursing home and Alzheimers unit, all in the east wing, with the chapel, dining rooms and library at the central intersection. Killing somebody who is very, very old, with a pill or something, that isnt right, Sister Dorothy said. We are grateful to all those who join us in our efforts to continue our mission through our varied ministries. A Nazareth Academy graduate and former faculty member, she also provides a connect to former students who want to relate to the congregation. Currently, she helps maintain the physical care of the motherhouse. People Also Viewed. Linking is encouraged, but content may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed including, but not limited to such means as framing or other digital copying and/or distribution method, in whole or in part without the publisher's written consent. Becoming a Find a Grave member is fast, easy and FREE. She received the religious habit on April 9, 1901, made her first vows on April 13, 1903, and made her final vows on August 31, 1907. He was born in Utica on October 8, 1933, the son of Ralph S. and Beatrice V. (Murphy) Fraats. For over 160 years in our community, the Sisters of St. I am especially grateful for the 35 years I spent coordinating the Migrant Education Program at SUNY Brockport and for the richness accorded me in working with a diverse multilingual staff. From 2003 to 2014, I ministered to the incarcerated, representing our SSJ congregation in the Brazilian prisons, where I saw and heard things that changed my life. SHEILA LUBER OBITUARY. Sister Mitrano taught at St. Ambrose, St. Lucy, Sacred Heart Cathedral, St. Monica and St. Augustine in Rochester; St. Alphonsus in Auburn; St. John the Evangelist in Greece; and Our Lady of Lourdes and Seton Catholic School in Brighton. standing with others who share our faith and mission. SisterKathleen Anne Loughlin, CSJ died on February 24, 2023 in the 55th year of her religious life. Through my ministry, I have aided in the establishment of housing programs throughout the diocese to meet the needs of disadvantaged families and seniors. The Mass will be recorded, and a video will be posted on: youtube.com/user/SSJSRoch. Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester Motherhouse 150 French Road Rochester, NY 14618 Main: (585) 641-8100 Gift Shop: (585) 641-8137 About Mission History Our Jubilarians Programs & Services Ministries Spirituality Programs Motherhouse Services Volunteer Corps SSJ Gift Shop Justice & Peace Partner with Us Become a Sister Become an Associate Deceased Sisters. . I wanted my students to appreciate the logic and beauty of mathematics in Gods world and I hoped that they would look for that logic and beauty in their lives and use that awareness for a better world. He was predeceased by his brother, Paul Fraats, US Army Intelligence in 1967. Sister Mackie taught at St. Mary in Auburn; St. Monica, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Stanislaus, St. Agnes High School and St. Lucy in Rochester; St. Mary in Waterloo; St. Mary in Dansville; and St. Rose in Lima. Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. Rochester, NY. Sister Mariani helps maintain the SSJ website and social media, as well as doing graphic design. Closed-circuit television allows those confined to their rooms to watch daily religious services. "I'm home. A call to be a Sister of St. Joseph challenges me to be a sign of Christs healing presence and love among all Gods people wherever I serve, said Sister Concepta Vay. Pittsford - On April 4, 2022; Survived by her sisters, Sr. Ann Regina and Frances Uttaro (Eugene); brothers Vincent and Gerard (Barbara); sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, and her Sisters in community. Beyond our Congregation, we are joined by our SSJ Associates, countless supporters, & friends. "Together, we live, pray, and work for a more just and peaceful world.". As I reflect on these past 60 years, what has become deeply evident to me is Gods unconditional love permeating all of creation. The best part is that I have freedom as I move through my day to stop and visit the sisters who may need a little extra kindness. Teaching religion, encouraging self-confidence and instilling a love for learning in all my students were very rewarding. (585) 641-8100. Please enter your email and password to sign in. There is a problem with your email/password. JOSEPH OF ROCHESTER, NY (SSJ) We are a religious community of women committed to the radical message of the gospel "that all may be one" (Jn 17:21) and strive to live as witnesses and bearers of the reconciling love of Jesus. James Estrin/The New York Times. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/173929396/m_stephen-%22nee_ellen%22-brennan. Are you sure that you want to report this flower to administrators as offensive or abusive? Turner & Co. Funeral Home, 403 East Main Street in Batavia. She also was assistant director of novices for the congregation and principal of St. Lucy and St. Jerome in East Rochester. Lou is survived by his children who are ever grateful for his love and kindness, Thomas Signore of San Francisco, Calif., Elizabeth (Thomas) Simms of Bath, and James Signore, Ph.D. (Constance Brand) of Richmond, Calif., and granddaughter, Emily Simms, of Bath.