.44 Mag Beast: Taming the Magnum Research BFR. It gets doggone dirty inside, just like an AR15. And I love it all. For a price tag as high as this, youd think Magnum Research would take care of you. Desert Eagle Mark XIX Component System - 44 Rem Mag / 50 AE / 357 Rem Mag - 6 Barrels - Brushed Chrome Finish (This is the 6 Inch Combo package). The .50 AE was designed back in 1988 by Evan Whildin, a former BATFE agent. Magnum Research . SKU: DEXIX6 Categories: Firearms, Handguns For Sale, Pistols For Sale. Light checkering would be a different ball game, but those smooth walnut grips tend to move around in the palm, and the rubber grips dont. Trigger function was really spongy, with a good deal of movement in the pivot, but not heavy. gear. [NOTE: I wrote this article with a great deal of help and input from my son, Chuck. There was also a version chambered in .440 Cor-bon caliber. . Elk Co. Ammo & Arms. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. The feeding and failure to return to battery issues are problematic; Id like to see those problems resolved in the near future. gear. Ammunition. The construction of the Mark XIX Desert Eagle utilizes the latest CNC machine technology providing exacting specifications with tight tolerances creating a work of art in a precision firearm. It feels weird to give a rating on a gun that is literally incomparable to anything on the market. You can unsubscribe at anytime. 357 mag out of a lever gun is a bear or a round, with negligible felt recoil. The Hornady 300-grain Custom XTP load we used produces a published 1,475 fps velocity and calculates to 1,449 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle. To put that in perspective, realize I usually get five-shot groups around and under two inches at 25 yards with handguns of calibers ranging from 10mm to .44 Magnum. It was accurate too, with nice sights. The second .429 DE which was being used by fellow writer Ken Whitmore experienced the exact same issues despite identical trouble-shooting. The 4-lug bolt design itself looks a whole lot like an AR15 bolt, including the ejector and extractor, and the fixed gas cylinder, moving-piston design, closely mimics whats used on a Ruger Mini-14. Ive owned and shoot a .44 Mag pistol, enjoying it immensely (as did most all who fired it too). It is a must-have for your gun safe? Its waterproof, fog resistant, and coated with a scratch-resistant, ruby-red anti-glare finish. We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX 44 Mag DE44CATU. I may earn a small part of the sale from links to any products or services on this site. If you do want to reload, you can drop the price a little. Compare. DE50WMD. MAGNUM RESEACH Magnum Research .50 AE Desert Eagle Barrel 6" Brushed Chrome BAR506BC $499.99. I suggested that he get a stronger hold on it. Product Photos; Company Logos; Press Releases . Regular Price $24.99 Special Price $9.99 $0.50. Be it shooting, upgrading, building, tinkering, or writing about them - sharing his passion and knowledge of firearms with others is an everyday occurrence. Once you've purchased a Mark XIX Desert Eagle you can change the barrel length or the caliber in secondsproviding that you have the right components. With a bolt much like youd see in an AR-15 and a star lug chamber, the Desert Eagle actually requires a good amount of force to unlock. Mine has the old hard plastic grips and I stippled them to make it easier to hold on to. The barrel remains with the frame when the DEagle slide cycles, doubt that tiny RDS is effecting anything buy accuracy. Its awfully big to carry around in a holster so we dont see it as a defensive firearm, and say the same about big revolvers. A 4.5 lb pistol, or a 5 lb carbine is a no brainer! anything extra and your The preferred ammunition list of .44 magnum, .357 Mag, .50AE. Dang. Price $2228.70. My personal experience with the 50AE and 429DE are similar to the authors, function problems from the recoil. (The accuracys up to you!) I would hope the feeding problem would work itself out after a few hundred rounds. MAGNUM RESEARCH, DESERT EAGLE MARK XIX, 6.0" BARREL, CASE HARDENED. We want you, our readers, to be able to make informed decisions. That doesnt mean we dont like the guns we dont recommend! You have to own or shoot one to get it! Although she is now a full-time outdoor writer her background is eclectic and includes K9 Search-and-Rescue and emergency veterinary medicine. It also helps dissipate some recoil, again, if you can get your hands around it. The parent cartridge of the .429 DE is the .50 AE, not the .44 Magnum. . Shooting and discussing the Desert Eagle in 50 AE! Desert Eagle Mark XIX 6-inch Component System (DEXIX6) Home / Firearms / Handguns For Sale / Pistols For Sale / Desert Eagle Mark XIX 6-inch Component System (DEXIX6) Sale! you a link to reset your password. Either way, let us know in the comments! The sheer mass of the gun keeps felt recoil under control and the extended beavertail gives your hand a solid surface to press against. A "key" between the trigger and slide would work itself out and the gun would gut itself. guns & Youre all probably wondering about the trigger, so lets touch on that. It functioned perfect for him. Its utility is excessively niche, primarily because the cartridge has such limited use. In other words, you have to give this gun something to recoil against to ensure cyclic function. The Shooter's Log, is to provide informationnot opinionsto our customers and the shooting community. Kahr Arms has kept up the quality so I think I can make the new DE shoot. I have both 6 The first time I shot a .44 Magnum Desert Eagle was 20 years ago, and the experience hasnt changed. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. The barrel doesnt move during action operation. Magnum Research BMCP506PC Desert Eagle Mark XIX Barrel 50 Action Express 6" Polished Chrome. By the way, I also despise a pistol with a square front corner. If you use oil, expect to add a few drops every other mag to avoid stoppages. And it looks super badass when you clear the opposing team using just your trusty Deagle. Suffice to say itll take a hog down. It's a great gun. Usually sells for around 16.00-18.00 pher box of 20. Fishing, rods & reels, camping gear, tents and much more. After the Swampfox Kingslayer, I put a Riton RT-R MOD 3 RMD on the gun. Quickview. Lets get down to the details. Someone who shall not be named recently told me real hunters would never use this gun or one like it. Maybe both. Weight, balance, harmonics? Thought I would have buyers remorse but NAAAHH, it was the most fun I've ever had with my pants on! The Desert Eagle was first conceived in 1979, and became the founding idea behind Magnum Research, Inc. of St. Paul, Minn. Main thing is have plenty of ammo and ear plugs if you pull it out because everyone is going to want to shoot it! Are you a big gun guy/gal? At 25 yards those groups broadened to five and even six inches, a span broader than the palm of my hand. These pistols come . Like the article says they wont function off of a sand bag rest, however they are great fun to shoot. (I recently did an article on The Shooters Log aboutmanaging big handgun recoil, and everything in that piece applies double to firing a DE.). $701.71. To make New York handgun weight restrictions, the MkXIX L5 Desert Eagle got more than just "a cut in the slide" - much more. First of all, its better to have too much gun than not enough, and second, you can hunt with whatever you want as long as its both legal and ethical. The DE pistol grip is substantial in all directions. He has more weight to put behind it. Mark XIX Desert Eagle pistol with a box of Speer 325-grain .50 AE ammunition. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger. But after this, options are thin. Desert Eagle chambered in .50 AE (tactical cabbage sold separately) We've looked at lessor forms of the Desert Eagle before, but this time we're looking at the real thing in all its glory-the Desert Eagle in .50 Action Express. I owned one of the original .357 magnums back in the mid 80s and this gun was extremely accurate out of the box.It would group under 1/2 at 25 yards but was very finicky with ammo.I sold it off and a few years ago I bought the .50AE but sold it off about 6 months later not because of the recoil but the spent casings would bounce of the top of my head and that annoyed the hell out of me.I even shot it off hand( Im not afraid of recoil with hand cannons) but once again my short 54 bald headed frame proved a great platform for the shells to bounce of my head.I should have bought a .500 magnum instead.However,if they chambered one in .41 magnum I would definitely look into it. Also got 44 magnum ammo and the 357 magnum ammo. It was a good call on Magnum Researchs part. BUFFALO BORE AMMO .50 ACTION EXPRESS 300GR. Shouldn't that be enough? MRI's Desert Eagle is available in six different configurations.357 Mag, .44 Mag or .50 AE, each with a 6-inch barrel (standard configuration) or with a 10-inch barrel. There were some issues with feeding and returning to battery. Magnum Research. Neither of us were able to work it without using the support hand. The Magnum Research Desert Eagle in .50 AE. Rifle Scopes; . But inside the box is a bit of a letdown. MRI's Desert Eagle is available in six different configurations.357 Mag, .44 Mag or .50 AE, each with a 6-inch barrel (standard configuration) or with a 10-inch barrel. Did get a leather one that is ok and where it out to grocery store to mess with my wife ha ha. Ill probably never own a DE but I do admire them, and some day. But, this wasnt about managing recoil. Compare. I had assumed that I was not gripping it hard enough, despite my having a strong grip. Seeking for practical applications is a big part of determining the worth of a gun, and that word practical is decidedly subjective. Magnum Research Mark XIX .357 Mag 6" Gold w/ Tiger Stripes DE357TG-TS . These move forward through a tube under the barrel to a cylinder near the front of the barrel. I have actually put 5 shots in 2-1/2" at 500 yards with the BFR 45-70. Look for more with him soon. I realize not everyone lives next to rifle ranges of 500 yards or more, but given 357, 41, and 44 magnums were tested and developed by this Keith fellow, and routine shooting at hundreds of yards was part of the drill, I would like to see something along those lines. Magnum Research DE50TU Desert Eagle Mark XIX 50 AE 6" 7+1 Gray Cerakote Black Polymer - $1649.99 The Mark XIX Desert Eagle pistol is a gas-operated, semi-automatic pistol. In the end, I ran the .429 DE on hogs both on foot and from the truck. $2,449.99. You best lean in on this one! First, a quick look at the creation of the cartridge. Then theres the fact the upper and lower rails make it possible to mount all manner of red dots, lights, and lasers to the gun. Do some functional analysis with a projected load before fielding it and remember to keep the pistol lubed. Safety: Ambidextrous Manual Thumb Safety Magazine: (1) 7 Round The stainless steel barrel is six inches long. Notify Me When Available. Magnum Research Desert Eagle, .44 Magnum, Black - Federal's 44 Mag 240 gr JHP ammo provides great expansion and sheer force making this an exceptional defense load that was Dirty Harry's load of choice! MAGNUM RESEARCH INC Mark XIX . Folks, this is a chunk of a gun. Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX 6" Component System .357/.44 &.50AE Barrels - Black. We'll send you the latest guides and training tips geared Subscribe to our email list and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events and more! Subscribe to our email list and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events and more! The gun runs really nice with grease. For the Magnum Research Mark XIX .429 DE I used the lowest mount which is an 11.75mm flush mount. I eventually purchased a .44 mag barrel (and barrels will cost the price of a new gun) and shoot it more than the .50. Buy Desert Eagle Mark XIX 10in Magnum Research has taken their most iconic handgun, the Desert Eagle, and just given it an exciting new look. Magnum Research. This article is from the September/October 2018 issue of Combat Handguns Magazine, on sale now. When the gases reach this cylinder, they move the piston rearward. It depends on hand size. Resident evil 2, another nostalgic video game source for loving and wanting a deagle :). A group of us went with him to the range to shoot it, after he shot a few rounds through it asked if anyone else wanted to try it and we all said NO WAY. purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles. It features an anatomically formed grip, a full Weaver style accessory rail, ambidextrous safety, polygonal rifling, and fixed combat-type sights all to exacting specifications with . I got mine used from someone in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia before they were banned there. Online shopping from a great selection of discounted .50 CAL DESERT EAGLE at Vance Outdoors. Because of the force of the cartridge and the design of the gas system, one thing the Desert Eagle will not forgive is weak wrists. Speak for your own weak self. Learning how to shoot at a young age in the Boy Scouts, David now spends most of his time working on or with firearms. For 357 Mag, you need a full power round. Strong stuff! $2,000 Hard for the average person to buy. The stainless steel models are 100% made in . It loved home loads with 180 JHP and seemed to love factory loads of Winchester 125 JHP. The most recent model, the Mark XIX, is available in .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, 429 DE (introduced in 2018) and .50 Action Express. If you need a very powerful handgun, for whatever reason you deem, a big revolver puts a smaller burden on you. I got a chest holster to carry it fly fishing this coming summer up in Grizzly country in Montana. Next, 500. Based on experience offhand, though, accuracy seems about as good as any of the big revolvers we use. Winchesters White Box 240-grain JSPs started the show as a lower-priced performer in the classic .44 Magnum bullet weight. Price is high but so is reliability if you have the strong wrists to back it up. The first three loads would make fine choices for a good range of hunting scenarios, whether you need deeper penetration with a soft point or wider expansion with a hollow point. The muzzle energy difference between a .454 Casull and .50 AE is about 400 ft/lbs favoring the revolver, and a .500 S&W is an extra 1,400 ft/lbs above the AE. Ammunition. Ok. The Desert Eagle is chambered in .50 Action Express, .44 Magnum and .357 Magnum ammunition. The gun does ship with flat black irons but a red dot does make a major difference. 357-Magnum is extremely accurate for defensive pistol . its definitely a mid/short range counter sniper weapon . 25-50 yard shots will definitely turn your head . Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). The .429 DE has consistently fired the first shot of each magazine but does not always return to battery after that first shot. 44Magnum Ammo Pack Low-poly 3D model Other + dae fbx obj X: $12.99. 1 in the case of .44 Magnum autopistols. PMC Starfire 240g #44SFA SFHP. Buy Magnum Research Apocalyptic Desert Eagle Mark XIX 50AE: GunBroker is the largest seller of Semi Auto Pistols Pistols Guns & Firearms All: 973743696. And yes, we have a complete review of the Swampfox Kingslayer coming soon! The Desert Eagle, including this one here, has been produced by Magnum Research in the USA for the past 10 years. Please be respectful of others. Our price: $64.99. I have shot many DE's and 25 yards is a joke. Required fields are marked *. $1,782.00 $1,749.99. Centerfire Handgun Ammo; Centerfire Rifle Ammo; Rimfire Ammo; Shotshell Buckshot Ammo; Shotshell Lead Ammo; . Desert Eagle Mark XIX in .50 AE. Shot 2 deer the 1st year. Keep Reading. Both surprised me with what they printed, and so did the Winchester 250-grain Platinum Tip HPs that put us up into a higher performance bullet bracket. Definitely a niche gun, especially for the price. Ahhnold did in both last action hero and eraser. Brand: Magnum Research. Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX .357 Mag 6" Barrel Black Oxide Finish. Others because of their mechanical rocket surgery, like the AEK-971. . Its a more complicated system than your average autopistol it needs more attention and as the test session showed, it can be a tad ammo sensitive, even with the best quality stuff. But! MAGNUM RESEARCH DESERT EAGLE .50 A.E. In rural areas where mag bans are prevalent and common that thing all but garuntees. Ammunition. The Desert Eagle (nicknamed "Deagle", a portmanteau of the two words in its name) is a large-caliber semi-automatic pistol designed by Magnum Research in the United States. (, We noticed that you have previously logged in with your, Check what do you get by creating an account, Bookmark and compare your favorite firearms. $534.12. If there was a PCC that used 50 AE, we would be having a different conversation. close. The slide is a monstrosity. SS is my crimp. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. $79. The Magnum Research .429 DE would rate higher overall if it wasnt for the failures to feed and return to battery. Ive had my DE for about 15 years. It was originally designed by Magnum Research and, shortly after, IMI had a hand in some redesign refinement. Desert Eagle Mark XIX is the recent version. A thumbs down grip works best for me but friends running the gun prefer thumbs forward. Magnum Research Magnum . Then, Black Hills followed with its 240-grain JHPs to up the ante. Out of Stock (2) $69.99. No difference. towards your level. With the .500 JRH I have centered a shotgun shell at 100. The pistol uses a multi-lugged rotating bolt head very similar to the AR-15s, with matching locking lugs at the back of the barrel, to contain .44 Magnum pressures. o put that in perspective, realize I usually get five-shot groups around and under two inches at 25 yards with handguns of calibers ranging from 10mm to .44 Magnum. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. If you really want to squeeze accuracy out, throw an optic on top of the integrated Picatinny rail and you have one mean shooter. My game was definitely upped with this Riton red dot. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. The big DE pistols do need the right ammo to function, while my revolver works with anything I put in it. KWC Desert Eagle L6 CO2 GBB Airsoft Pistol - Black Out of Stock AAKCCF541AZB. Cor-Bon was a small ammo marker and was founded in 1982. I do tend to hunt with big bores a lot in fact, I had a .500 Linebaugh on that same trip but theyre usually revolvers. We also got the desert eagle mark xix, magnum research 50 ae, and magnum research desert eagle 50ae. Hand-cycling the slide to load the gun is a high-effort operation. The safety switch is just wrong and wrong-headed. I have shot Ruger and Smith and Wesson 44s but will say the DE managed the recoil better to me. During testing at an indoor range, firing at my usual black bullseyes at 25 yards off a rest, the new pistol stood up and got my attention with every shot fired at both ends of the bullet path. That massive reciprocating mass has a lot to do with it. But thats not a comment on either the gun or ammo; just a notation on the realities of life. Width is 1.25", height 6.25" and the weight with an empty magazine is approximately 72 ounces. Providing that force is a gas piston tapping gas from the barrel. . The frame is now aluminum instead of the Desert Eagle's normal steel. But why are some experts convinced 2023 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme. It is a fun gun to shoot and gamers will recognize it as soon as they see it.you do have to keep it clean and lubricated for it to function correctly. But these light bullets, while light on recoil, created feed-ramp stoppages that indicated they werent cycling the slide fully. Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX With Muzzle Break . Rated 0 out of 5 $ 500.00; Although I prefer revolvers and have many BFR's because I make my own molds and shoot lead I still want the new DE. It's a fun range toy, and very capable of putting meat on the table out to 100 yards with good sights. DEP50JSP350B. Thankfully, the .50 AE actually has some good load options from major brands, but none of it is cheap. As a CCW, it isnt even legal in many jurisdictions and we wouldnt recommend it even if it is legal in yours due to the incredible weight and size of the gun. 's blog. Even without an optic, the Desert Eagle is a good shooter. While manufacturing techniques and design evolution have changed a bit since my 1998 introduction to the Desert Eagle, the basic pistol and function are the same. The impact on feral hogs was significant you could practically hear the thump and the wound cavities were substantial. . Weve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. Thats not all bad, but thats not all good. Quantity: Buy now. And is their any option besides a "tanker" holster? In terms of finishes, you can go from very subdued to extremely eye-grabbing on these Desert Eagles. Shop By . With an MSRP of $2143, this handgun is on the pricier side. After a few rounds, it's easy to get a good grouping if you grip it correctly. Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX MK19 Pistol 50AE, 6", Titanium Gold Finish, Tiger Stripes. For a masterpiece in firepower, check out ourDesert Eagle XIX price. They are just novelty pistols to me, they provide much entertainment letting & watching other people shoot them. MARK XIX TITANIUM GOLD FOR SALE | desert eagle 50 cal. Using my Lyman Digital Trigger Pull Gauge I got a measured trigger pull weight of 4 pounds, 5 ounces by averaging ten pulls. Not Yet Rated In Stock. While production has been moved back and forth between the U.S. and Israel, the gun that has nearly 500 large- and small-screen credits has achieved legendary status; its currently being made back in the U.S. at the Magnum Research facility in Minnesota. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. This legendary weapon was designed with one goal in mind: to . To put those numbers in perspective, .50AE bullets can travel twice as fast as.45s and hit with the force of a .308 Winchester. Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). From CS: Source to Call of Duty, the Deagle is a wildly popular choice because its big, its cool, and its shiny. As long as you have the grip down, this gun runs. Hes won eight straight district and regional championships with precision and sporter-class pistols, and is a firearms enthusiast through and through. If you want to use a big bore semi-auto to hunt, do it. 44 Mag is perfect in this gun. Magnum Research DE357 Desert Eagle Mark XIX 357 RemMag 6 in 9+1 Black Syn Grip Blk . If youre with me on that statement, this review is for you. If you get one, especially in the .50 A.E., bring plenty of ammo to the range. Get proficient on YOUR time. Thanks! Your email address will not be published. Wish they made more choices when it comes to holsters, I could only find about 3. Magnum Desert Eagle Mark . Of course, I didnt want to measure pull weights and punch holes in paper at the range, so I took it hunting! The gun measures 10.75" in length with a 6" barrel, or 14.75" in a 10" barrel available in black as an aftermarket item. It was well built, robust, loud and actually fit my hand quite well. You are absolutely correct, it is an amazingly fun fun to shoot. Thanks! Had an incident with the slide that is another story. But this is a gun you buy because you want to be able to say you have one. Don't most shooters? You know, shooting a big cartridge in a big gun at appropriate distances. Its fun to shoot and hardcore on game and varmints of all sizes. The first time I ran the Magnum Research Mark XIX .429 DE at the range I did it using the fixed factory sights the gun shipped with. Victor Castle, haha that's hystericalsounds like he was a great neighbor! The slide rides on two rails, each with a braided, coil spring around it on either side of the barrel. The stainless steel barrel is six inches long. But again, my experience was solid. Stay Up To Date. Magnum Research has done a very nice job on this color-casehardened version, and if youve been dithering on adding a Desert Eagle to the family, this would be a standout choice that goes well beyond its pretty colors at the range and on the hunt. Add to Cart. Cybergun WE Desert Eagle L6 .50AE Green Gas Airsoft Pistol - (Black / Golden) Out of Stock CG-PT-0029. You do not pay So, it has a bad trigger, bad open sights, shoots poor groups at 25 yards and worse of all wont go into battery consistently? Is the power, accuracy, and reliability there? Our price . Desert Eagles do come in a nice box, perfect for hanging over the mantel to flex on guests. But it is undeniably a serious shooter. Magnum Desert Eagle Mark XIX White Tiger Stripe Pistol 50 Magnum Desert Eagle Mark XIX Apocalyptic White Matte Distr Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX Pistol 50 AE 44 Magn Magnum Desert Eagle Mark XIX Full Tungsten Pistol 50 AE 7 RD, Magnum Desert Eagle Mark XIX Pistol 7 RD 50 AE Muzzle Brake. Were all relatively familiar with its parent cartridge, the .50 AE, or at least with its existence. Its fantastic. TulAmmo 38 Special Ammo - 50 Rounds of 130 Grain FMJ Ammunition. Its grip is broad and sports black Hogue rubberized panels for an improved grip.