I have never felt so consistently happy with my 3a hair. I've now been going to her for six or seven years and couldn't be happier with her! Susan was like a fine artist, she sculpted my hair with her sharp cutting technique. when i first got to the salon Rachel greeted me and made me feel so comfortable she actally listened to what i had to say! This time was good too, she did both my cutting and the no pooing since it was at end of day. My hair is healthier than it's ever been. Went to Devachan in November 2010 and Thelma gave me the best cut ever, not only that but she explained in detail what she was going to do. this time i decided to go further in my curly quest and finally get color. They carefully introduced me to their products and had me literally feel the way my hair should be like. If you have a chance to check out Devachan salon in Soho, please do so. Level up your curls! Lotus Salon Beauty Salons in New York, NY. Not once have I gotten a bad, or even mediocre cut, from him. I had to drag every bit of info out of her and if my friend had not prepped me, I would have left the salon with as little knowledge as I'd had when I arrived. Reviews on Devachan in East Village, Manhattan, NY - Devachan Salon, Dream Waves, Rogue House Salon, Ouidad Salon NY, Whistle, Filament Hair Salon, April Aguilar Hair, Uliana Hair Studio, Fox and Jane Salon, JBW Jeffrey Ching Salon. women to come forward with their story of how DevaCurl ruined their hair. Their PR team fell in love with me. So maybe I dont really know, might depend on the stylist. i was terrified to go to someone else on short notice and she did NOT dissapoint, YAY Rosie! So she knows her stuff! I probably should have said something, but she was so nice I told her that I was treated like "****" in the salon and she told me that me swearing at her made her sad because she is a Christian???? I was highly impressed. Throughout the much needed cut, she explained everything possible about MY HAIR. It has been a month since I got the cut and strangers compliment my hair literally everyday. After the wash, mike took me n put me under the dryer . Before getting started, Rosie sat down with me and discussed my 'hair history'- how its been cut/colored in the past, what products I use, how I style it, etc. Reese answered the phone with at****ude and told me that blowdrying is an extra service (never told that, experienced that previously and others in the salon at the time were getting their hair blow dried). Maybe I just need another stylist, but the cost makes me doubtful about giving it a try. I used to wear my hair to work in a ponytail everyday. Amazing as usual! Unless they have some magic potion that will magically heal my scalp, instantly regrow ten years worth of length, stopped my headaches, get the ringing out of my ears, and give me back my original hair color - then Im not talking to them. Malik advises other influencers to be transparent with their following on why they stopped using DevaCurl. The experience was very nice and the majority of the staff were all very polite and very friendly. The service begins with a rejuvenating deep cleanse, followed with a treatment mask for moisture or strength. devachan salon soho. Get to . This luxurious customized service begins with a botanical-infused cleansing and conditioning of your curls, followed by a styling and coaching session to help you care for your curls at home. Practically perfect. My service went over by 37 minutes and i got a $110 parking ticket. Perfect for dry curls, this unique, deep conditioning treatment with cupuacu, murumuru and cocoa butters immerses curls in rich hydration. Julia Rose, a stylist in the Broome St. location, cut 6+ inches when I asked for a rounded trim and to keep the length. She also does the best hair sets!! I've been to several places that cater to the curly-blessed, but have been unhappy with the cuts mostly. For many years I have been a client of Carlos of Devachan in NYC and I couldn't wait for the new salon in White Plains NY to open up so I could set up an appointment. Ayesha Mailk's viral YouTube video on why she stopped using DevaCurl inspired thousands of other [+] women to come forward with their story of how DevaCurl ruined their hair. They both were friendly and my hair looks amazing. Reviews on Deva Chan in New York, NY - Devachan Salon, Filament Hair Salon, Curly Hair Alchemist, Seagull Salon, Laveli Salon New York, Salon 718 - Vanderbilt, Mousey Brown Salon, Utopia Salon & Day Spa, Jersey Curl Salon, Simply You Hair Studio & Spa . It was worth the expense of the trip to NYC. But what is DevaCurl doing about all of this? The place was just about empty at 5:15, which is a big change from NYC. Apr 11, 2022 #2 vevster said: A little pricey but worth it for GREAT HAIR! Prior to going to Devachan, I had had my hair cut by three different Deva trained (one day course) stylists over a four and a half year period, as well as having trimmed my hair following the directions in _Curly Girl: The Handbook_. This revolutionary cutting technique was designed for all natural textures, from wavy to super curly. If your thinking about growing out your relaxer, try this salon! When I asked her to stop after two cuts) I told her I wanted to keep my length and was still growing it longer (I thought she didnt hear me the first time). Cosmetics & Beauty SupplyHair SalonsTriBeCa, Nick was amazing. Charles is an amazing colorist!!! You can unsubscribe at any time. Great job, well done! i am normally afraid of color because it never looked right on me in the past. Carlos was sweet and fun and did a pretty good job with my hair. they were completely no pressure said "see you in 6 months!" As a result my haircut was average. This was, I might mention, the second time that my hair had been completely butchered by a stylist who just didn't get curly hair. Judy listened to what I wanted and wasn't afraid to give me her honest opinion. They are the epitome of perfection. Thanks to Sophie who gave my curls a great cut and gave me tips on how to do my hair. I am hooked on the Deva experience and I recommend Mia very highly. Devachan Salon 425 Broome St, New York, NY, 10013 Services Wash Day Wonder Pre-Cleanse Slip Detangling Tre. I bought the Deva One Condition which is great, I'm going back to buy the whole line!!! I would check out all my options before committing. That, along with my awesome hair, is how I know that she really wants my hair to be as healthy as it can be, and she's not just trying to get me to buy expensive shampoo. She then briefly examined my facial structure. She really knows her stuff, and I love the cut she gave me! it's a lot shorter now, but it's soo much more manageable and i love it sooo much. Were giving you the keys to unlocking your curl needs. I made an appointment with a junior stylist named Melanie at the Devachan Salon in Soho. I just returned from the "Curlaboration" class at the Devachan Departure Lounge. You may opt-out by. keith is more expensive, and morah was very detailed. I can't say enough how much I love that place!!! You can find a certified DevaStylist on the DevaCurl website's Stylist directory.If you are in the New York City area you can book an appointment at one of their two flagship Devachan salons in Soho or the Upper West Side.. I was not impressed with the product they didnt really work on her hair. or "she wants to PAY?". Keith has been cutting my hair since I was 19. Marvin did a lovely cut that actually brought some life back to my hair and Esmerelda was a genius with the color (not to mention a lovely person to chat with). Following my cut, we relocated to the washing station: canopies covering each individual bed and basin. Get clients ready to experience 12-in-1 instant curl benefits that will prep, protect, and prime their curls! They were unable to get her but they went to Antonio and Joseph and they too loved their hair! This was by far, the best experience EVER! my hair is just looking so hot, especially since they introdduced me to their "No-poo". I had explained that I needed a lot of layers because I wanted more volume, and that certain parts of my hair were always flat. Well, I finally went yesterday (9/2/09) and it was fabulous. jeff gave me tips on how to deal with my hair and he did a great job. Visit Devachan Salon for a #DevaCut or #NoPooTransformation! I could have gone back to a shorter look, but I was able to trim it lightly enough myself to counteract that, and still hoped that someone who really knows the method could produce even better results. Reviews on Devachan in SoHo, Manhattan, NY - Devachan Salon, April Aguilar Hair, Mario Diab Salon, JBW Jeffrey Ching Salon, The Drawing Room New York, Sam Brocato Salon, Arte Salon, Filament Hair Salon, Dop Dop Salon, Fox and Jane Salon Giving up the fight did sound appealing, but if I was going to buy into the Zen of Curly Hair, I wanted the best, so I Googled my face off and Ana emerged as the clear winner. are really worth it. She took one curl at a time and sculpted it to perfection! Anyway, I was lucky enough to get an appointment with her. I was coming off 15 years of foil highlights and THRICE-weekly blowouts. After assessing how my hair naturally lies on my head, she began to cut it she left it dry, and went through and cut each lock of hair individually. The Deva universe began in 1994 with the opening of the first Devachan salon in New York City. Jackie-cut/antonio-color/amy-rinse And Style, Jackie-cut/Antonio-color/Amy-rinse and style. This service includes a transformation service. I'm still skeptical that I will never wash my hair again but use No-Poo instead but I'm willing to give it a try. Maria did such an amazing job. He had a complete understanding of the products and what impressed me most was his thorough respect for my curls. (You thought no one was watching, didn't you?) I had been with my stylist for 5 years and was nervous about leaving him. Because many factors determine curl and scalp health, the situation is complex, and we ask for your patience as we work together to provide more answers and address your concerns. I did get a really good cut at Devachan in Soho, but I have actually found a trained Devachan stylist over here in the slope! Now, i'm just CURLY and i LOVE it! But dammit, I had the Marcia Brady hair I'd always wanted. Union: The employees are not represented by a union. Well, I took the three hour drive after being inspired by the Curly Girl book and products to get my hair cut at Devachan. 136, Chester, NY, US 10918, Completed our hands-on Level 1 course, featuring foundational cutting and color techniques. Purl soho? I think the prices were not too unreasonable, as I pay only a little less in other salons, but end up dissapointed. I think everything should be questioned. Free Shipping on All Orders + Freebies with Purchase. Still, unless you have some kind of training, cuttinglike . I'd say she's one of the best curl stylists anywhere. I never thought it would work. 425 Broome Street, New York, NY 10013. I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great time in NYC at Devachan over the weekend. I hardly ever even see a split end anymore. Ever! The whole experience is wonderful! Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. I was coming in with a botched cut that was grown out and oxidized color that really needed correcting. Devachan's patented, award-winning hair painting technique, both unique and innovative, was designed to replace conventional highlighting. i have never left a salon without putting my hair into a pony tail or bun 3 steps out of the door. She was so kind and wanted to give me the hair-cut that I had always envisioned :) After a previous stylist had refused to cut as much length as I wanted last time, I was a little worried that April would also tell me to keep my hair long. Enid isuzu oklahoma. Actually, everyone who worked there had gorgeous hair. We are committed to: Creating aProfessional Curl Care Councilof trusted medical professionals, dermatologists, independent industry experts, professional stylists and members of our curl community to help us all better understand healthy curls and scalp. I feel like I was truly glowing when I left Devachan, and my 2 teenage girls and husband can honestly not believe the transformation. She did exactly what I asked her. Devachan Salon Soho. Both she and the woman who washed and helped to style my hair gave me a lot of instruction. Nick was amazing, would recommend him to anyone but I don't think I'll come back seeing as I was literally forgotten about.". This revolutionary dry-cutting technique was designed for all natural textures, from wavy to super curly. Thank you. Julia seemed overjoyed the cut and despite expressing my dissapointment, she posted before/after shots on her twitter which I had to ask to take down. we wemnt to DevaChan salon and showed Michael what I wanted and he proceeded to cut off 11 INCHES and not only did he give me a cut I LOVE he showed me how to style and maintain it healthy which thanks to him is full and bouncy. Never have i had such a great experience. No one called so i followed up again and spoke to a manager named REESE. He was very kind and knowledgable and made sure to listen to me and find out what I was looking for in my haircut while also suggesting a cut that would frame my face better. She is a curl sculptor. ), and that my hair had so much more potential. They scheduled me for an "adjustment" with Rosie since I refused to let Rick touch me and Rosie took more time and I walked out looking better untilI had it blown straight again and one side was several inches longer AGAIN!!! They are not pushy about their products, but do tell you about them. She does an awesome job and is just as good as any of the Senior colorists. Comment down below wi. I look the same way I did when I came in. enid lexus oklahoma! 718-965-3774. He and his assistant gave me such great tips on how to take better care of my hair, especially because I have patches on the crown that don't want to curl much at all. What did people search for similar to devachan near Manhattan, NY? There wasn't even any product in it! She recently switched from devachan to collective plus and I've followed hermore, are much better off at Devachan or Quidad salons where they specialize in curly hair and willmore, the places known for that including devachan, and ouidad. Tina.did you by any chance previously work at.Devachan? She is a perfectionist, taking her time to cut each curl, and really good at creating a flattering shape. Devachan has a rewards system now, which should help. I was sitting there for well over 50 min before I had to flag someone down. He took the time to know what I wanted, hear me out, and then MAGIC happened! There are many other better (& cheaper) options. Level 1 Inspired Deva Inspired Stylist. They added me to their list of influencers - even though I didnt have any followers at the time. I started off with Carlos, who now has his own salon somewhere. My sisters were with me and both nearly tripped over each other to make an appointment for themselves. It was amazing! Over the last few weeks DevaCurl customers have been coming out and addressing their concerns with DevaCurls product. The No-poo and One Condition left my hair softer than it has ever been in my life. My first real curly haircut and I feel amazing. No one was hiding from the fact that they had curls. 58 E 13th St. Cutler Beauty Salons in New York, NY. EVEN MY DAD LOVED IT! Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. She is on the shy side and not pushy at all, which is what I like in a hairdresser. Protect, revive or reset your waves, curls, or coils with confidence. First off, she insulted me by saying that the cut I already had (which had grown out and was the reason why I made the appointment) resembled a mullet.