Content created and supplied by: Adelite (via Opera The governor of Edo State has recently stated that his administration will launch an e-governance platform before 2021. The process leading to the delivery was very emotional because it was her first experience, so she did not find it funny at all. All rights reserved. He had his secondary education at Eghosa Grammar School, in Edo State as well. What kind of father would you say you are? Obasekis focus in the health sector is to develop a viable primary healthcare system to provide affordable and accessible health care services to people in the state. The governor is married to a financial expert like him. >>> Stay up to date with other interesting articles like this by checking ourcelebrity cars section. Obaseki's focus in the health sector is to develop a viable primary healthcare system to provide affordable and accessible health care services to people in the state. Such projects, includes: Asides his infrastructural projects, he has also enacted a number of social development initiatives. We were not under any social pressure. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki yesterday cautioned leaders and members of the proscribed Edo Peoples Movement (EPM) to desist from activities and statements capable of causing breakdown of law . Who is the present deputy governor of Edo State? Obaseki said Wike should not pursue his (Wike) presidential ambition in a disruptive manner. His father name is Pa Roland Obaseki (late) while his mother is Madam Stella Gbinigie. Governor Godwin Obaseki doesn't have a child with his wife yet. Obaseki started his early education at the St. Matthews Anglican Primary School. In a statement, Osagie said the Governor Obaseki as Chief Security Officer of Edo State is committed to the security and safety of his people and does not engage in actions that are self-destructive. These cookies do not store any personal information. She had the child at 3am. Obaseki served as executive board member of several private companies including Afrinvest. He is a Trustee of the Dr Jackson Owen Obaseki Foundation, a family-owned Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). It is 70 per cent more on the part of the parents and 30 per cent on neighbours and teachers at school. These helped me to build my own home. Before serving at the sub-national level, Obaseki served on the Presidential Committee on the Reform of the Nigerian Pension System, which facilitated the introduction of the contributory pension scheme and other novel pension reforms. For his mandatory one year National Youth Service, he served in Jos, Plateau State. He was first elected governor under the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the year 2016 where He defeated Mr. Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the PDP and was sworned in as governor on 12 November 2016. The state government has proposed to build about 200 Primary Healthcare Centres. Its very name after the great Niger River, the countrys dominating physical feature was suggested in the 1890s by British journalist Flora Shaw, who later became the wife of colonial governor Frederick Lugard. What did fatherhood teach you that you wouldnt have learnt as a bachelor? He also embarked on a massive reconstruction of the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium to host the 2020 National Sports Festival. Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki is the current governor of Edo state. Online magazine for Africans. There is an ongoing debate over who should take responsibility for the moral upbringing of a child, regarding the recent incident involving a pupil of Chrisland Schools. Obaseki was disqualified from his second term governorship agenda by APC over alleged inconsistency in his academic certificate and observers pointed accusing fingers on Oshiomhole. She has previously worked at LECON Financial Services Ltd. as the Head of Business Development and Senior Manager. If you can write very well and want to make a living writing online, click HERE! [12], Obaseki began his career as a stockbroker in 1983 with Capital Trust Brokers Limited, Lagos. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. Governor Obaseki has however pledged his resolve to continue to work with the federal government in ensuring that child marriage is stamped out from Edo state and the country at large, with a. She had her primary education at Jos and Port Harcourt, before proceeding to the Benin City Federal Government Girls College. He decamped from the All Progressive Congress (APC) when seeking re-election. Click here to learn how it works. degreesin Accounting from the University of Lagos. Mr. Obaseki was born in Benin City, Edo State on July 1, 1957. What factors did you consider before you and your wife decided to have children? The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has disclosed that the police have begun investigation into the killing of two voters in the state during the Presidential and National Assembly elections held on Saturday February 25.. Festus Idahosa, a 33, and a 43-year-old mother of three, Mrs Elizabeth Owie, were killed during an attack at a voting centre in Upper Sakpoba area, Ikpoba Okha Local . Designed by Naijauto team, Edo state governor Godwin Obaseki is in the spotlight here. 1b. Some states require the governor to be a United States citizen, while other states do not. With a background in finance, Godwin Obaseki took up a career as a stockbroker with Capital Trust Brokers Limited Lagos in 1983. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform. She's a car enthusiast who loves creatingeducative and informativetopics on cars, ranging from maintenance tipsto updates on the latest trend in the auto industry in concise andfriendly writing. Ondo 2020: 10 things to know about PDP candidate, Eyitayo Jegede. [15][2], In an article by Vanguard daily, he was tagged the "Wake and See Governor. At the elections held in November 2016, he ran for governor of Edo State and won on the All Progressive Congress (APC) platform. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066; the language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. He also drives a Range Rover Velar and a Lexus LX570. He performed his required one-year National Youth Service in Jos, Plateau State. To raise UD$ 50 million from the foreign capital market, a Nigerian bank issued Global Depositary Shares (GDS), which he provided advice on. In this post, Naijauto will be revealing some interesting facts about Governor Godwin Obaseki biography, net worth, houses, and cars. He also rides a Lexus LX570 and Range Rover Velar. Jane is also a blogger andlovesreading, inspiring peopleand getting involved in personal development projects. Philip Shaibu (born 1 December 1969, in Kaduna) an alumnus of University of Jos is a Nigerian politician. Obaseki owns a bulletproof Toyota Land Cruiser SUV. Mr. Obaseki was born in Benin City, Edo State on July 1, 1957. In her years, Betsy Obaseki worked as a Merchant Banker, Investment Banker and Development Banker. They have to change their lifestyles to be family-focused. After obtaining his first school leaving certificate, he proceeded to Eghosa Anglican Grammar School for his secondary education. Over the years, Mrs. Betsy Obaseki has referred to those who make fun of her inability to produce biological children with her husband as people who lack empathy and has said that such people should be pitied. Godwin Obaseki and his wife Betsy Bene Obaseki. He was the Chairman of the Edo State Economic and Strategy Team inaugurated by former Governor Adams Oshiomole in March 2009. Administration. Check out his biography including his net worth, Subscribe to Naijauto for our LATEST DEALS and HOT CARS, [Photos] Kano acquires 100 buses and 50 cabs for mass transit scheme -, Three persons survive a horrific car crash in Osun FRSC -, [Video] Portable Zazu mocks Nigerians after seeing Mercedes Taxi in Germany -, Governor Godwin Obaseki biography, net worth, houses, and cars. Hes also at the forefront of the fight against human trafficking and illegal immigration. What is your opinion? She also obtained her Master's degree from the same institution. Governor Godwin Obaseki date of birth is 1 July 1957. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform [14], Obaseki later stepped down from his position as chairman of the board of directors of Afrinvest in September 2016, to contest the gubernatorial election in Edo State. She was the first woman to become Assistant General Manager at the company. He was sworn in as the governor on 12 November 2016. In an article by Vanguard daily, he was tagged the "Wake and See Governor." In January 2018, his government established the Edo State Investment Promotion Office (ESIPO) to facilitate investments and stakeholders engagements so as to improve the business environment in the state. In his response, the Edo governor . Thanks a lot for reading along. He is also pioneering a state-backed health insurance scheme to provide a robust sector that will attract private investors. Top 10 richest politicians in Nigeria 2021 & their cars. After his early education at St. Matthews Primary school and the Eghosa Grammar school, Obaseki continued to the University of Ibadan, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Classics. Since his assumption as Edo state governor, Obaseki has established various projects in a bid to make Edo an investment hub. Obaseki succeeded Oshiomhole as Edo governor and both men used to be quite cool. Before becoming the Edo State Governor, Obaseki served as the Chairman of the Economic and Strategy Team (EST). However, his education did not stop there. Betsy makes use of her position as the Governors wife and works hard to empower the women in the region. He is also pioneering a state-backed Health insurance scheme to provide a robust sector that will attract private investors.[29]. Godwins professional career is spanning over 35 years. But when I got married, I realised that unionism was not applicable at home because it would look like I was oppressing my wife. The Obaseki family is quite large as theyre a well-known family in Edo State. As an economist, politician and former banker, what do you tell your children about choosing a career? During her work as the Head of Strategy, Betsy was responsible for developing the first Customer Service Charter of Bank of Industry. Here is where you can find Godwin Obaseki: You can also send him an e-mail to info@governorgodwinobaseki.com or find him at the Government House on Dennis Osadebey Ave. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State. and M.Sc. My children dont go to school without ensuring that their rooms are clean. Between 2006 and 2009, he served as a member of the Nigerian Stock Exchange Council. The company which was formerly known as Securities Transactions & Trust Company Limited has grown to be recognized among the most renowned investment banking and management firms in the country. He later transferred his services to the International Merchant Bank. From there, he headed to the University of Ibadan and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Classics. He was also a Director of Junior Achievement of Nigeria the local affiliate of international Not For Profit Organisation. Mr. Obaseki established the first derivative product, the Nigerian International Debt Fund (NIDF), on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, which allowed Nigerians to invest local savings in US Dollar instruments. Wife of the Edo State governor, Betsy Obaseki, yesterday eulogized the creative and ingenuity of the Nigerian's children, saying they represent the hope and bright future of the country. Mr Oshiomhole, a former governor of Edo, helped Mr Obaseki to succeed him as the state governor in 2016, against all the odds. Presently, Obaseki is the chairperson of the board of directors of Afrinvest. Obaseki's Wife Speaks On Not Having Children. I became a father years after I completed my National Youth Service Corps programme. After that, Mr. Obaseki launched Afrinvest West Africa Limited (formerly SecTrust) in 1995, turning himself into an entrepreneur. He was sworn in as the governor on 12 November 2016. Much isnt known about the family on an individual level, but theyre known to have had members of the family occupy top organizational and government positions. His net worth is estimated to be at $225 million (113 billion). [40] On 19 June 2020, Obaseki decamped to the People's Democratic Party and declared his intentions to seek re-election on the platform. Governor Obaseki attended St Matthew's Primary School Benin where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC). Godwin Obaseki's wife is Betsy Bene Obaseki of Kalabari kingdom Rivers State. After that, she went on to study at the Benin City Federal Government Girls College. Godwin Obaseki wife is Betsy Bene Obaseki of the Kalabari Kingdom in Rivers State. He. [35] During the 2020 Edo Gubernatorial Election, Obaseki sought for re-election under the APC but was controversially disqualified by the party's Primary Election Screening Committee from contesting the primary elections, citing missing letters on the governor's National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate and what other observers described as spurious excuses surrounding the governor's university admission. Now, we do not know exactly when Godwin Obaseki married his wife Betsy, or how their relationship developed over the years. But in Africa, there is a support system, relatives come around to support the mother. I teach them to greet their seniors when they wake up in the morning. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. He also served in the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission Committee on the Re-activation of the Nigerian Bond Market and the review of the Investment and Securities Act. In the early days when my son was born, I had to allow my wife to sleep while I was awake to take care of the baby. The third child of the Late Pa Roland Obaseki and Gbinigie of Owina Street, Ogbelaka Quarters, Benin City, Obaseki was born in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. It means taking responsibility, charting a course for the children you have been blessed with by God, and guiding them to fulfill their dreams. He received the Extraordinary Personality Award from Silverbird Television for his impressive human capacity development, job creation, healthcare, agric & infrastructural development reforms in Edo State. He later transferred his services to the International Merchant Bank. The governor and his wife are yet to have a child of their own but it hasn't stopped them from taking care of the children in Edo state. Before we continue, here's a quick rundown on Godwin Obaseki's profile and a few things you'd love to know about him: Godwin Obaseki Biography, Date Of Birth, Early Life, Family And Education. So, I had to change. Aside these, some of his other reforms include:[19], For seven years in the administration of Governor Adams Oshiomhole, his predecessor, he served as voluntary Chairman of the Edo State Economic and Strategy Team as well as Chairman of Tax Assessment Review Committee for Edo State Internal Revenue Service (TARC) and the Committee on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), respectively.[13]. Edo State consists of eighteen (18) Local Government Areas. In education, Obaseki launched the Edo Basic Education Transformation (Edo BEST)[30] programme, an initiative to train and equip public school teachers with top-of-the-range skills and expertise for deploying Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in classrooms to improve learning outcomes. 1st May 2022 Taiwo Akerele, a former Chief of Staff to the Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki By Alexander Okere Taiwo Akerele, a former Chief of Staff to the Edo State Governor Godwin. He was first elected governor under the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the year 2016 where He defeated Mr. Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the PDP and was sworned in as governor on 12 November 2016. He publicly stated in October 2019 that he will be running for a second term in the State's Gubernatorial election coming up in 2020 stating that his re-election is non-negotiable. [13] He is also an avid golfer. Obaseki was also instrumental in attracting the Edo-Azura power project, with support from World Bank to the state. He has also contributed to the fight against human trafficking and illegal migration. Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki is the current governor of Edo state. In 1988, he moved to AVC Funds Limited, Lagos, where he served as a Project Manager before moving back to New York to work as a Principal of Equatorial Finance Company. Obaseki is the founding secretary, (1992), of a US-based Africa Chamber of Commerce. Before becoming the Edo State Governor, Obaseki served as Chairman of the Economic and Strategy Team (EST). How does Governor Obaseki hope to escape the last clause?" Erhahon wondered. Other organisations he had worked with include, Seric Impianti International Ltd., Dorman Long Engineering Ltd., Junior Achievement of Nigeria, Pillar Oil Ltd. and many others. The governor attracted $500m worth of investment into the state through the Edo State Oil Palm Programme (ESOPP), a novel idea that is poised to attract oil palm plantations to the state, as over 100,000 hectares of arable land are under cultivation in the programme. It is the responsibility of the parents to teach their children morality. Is the Rivers State governor gunning for the presidency? The Federal High Court in Abuja eventually struck out a certificate forgery case instituted against the governor[38] by the All Progressives Congress (APC), his former political party. Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki (born 1 July 1957) is a Nigerian politician and businessman who is currently the Governor of Edo State. Leaving the government was one of the happiest periods for me, considering that it gave me the opportunity to have time for my wife and children. None of them will become a politician because of my personal experience. Some of Gov Godwin Obaseki projects include the Benin River Port Project (Gelegele Seaport), Edojobs, Technology hubs, and the Benin Industrial Park. He is an avid golfer. I am hardly around but any time I am around, I give it my all and try to catch up with what I think may be the gap that may have been created while I was away. He was born in Benin, Edo state. 10 things you should know about Bola Tinubu as he turns 66. So, I shared my free periods with my family and took my work seriously. The NGO provides free education and health services to the needy. There is also a strong emphasis on technical education, which led to the revamping of the Government Science and Technical College (formerly Benin Technical College) to train workforce in the state. He doesnt have any biological child of his own. He moved back to New York and worked as a Principal of Equatorial Finance Company, a Financial Advisory firm. In education, Obaseki launched the Edo Basic Education Transformation (Edo BEST)programme, an initiative to train and equip public school teachers with top-of-the-range skills and expertise for deploying Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in classrooms to improve learning outcomes. Those states are Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi . I dont believe in home helps because they are given a lot of responsibilities to the detriment of ones children. How do you instil discipline in your children? He was succeeded by Martin Elechi who was elected in 2007 and successfully ran for re-election in 2011, under the same PDP. Before you leave, also check out our next article on the, We give you the best daily information on news, technology, lifestyle, career, health tips, agriculture, business and entertainment. His father name is Pa Roland Obaseki (late) while his mother is Madam Stella Gbinigie.