Other experts sort of agree with the TV host's claims. He said. We asked the sexperts so you don't have to. These anecdotal associations nod to the aforementioned benefit for your vagina of just following an overall healthy lifestyleof which pineapple can certainly be a part. Eventhough it does not make you taste good and wet, just eat it. (While were on the subject, a note on the experiment: No, we didnt use rigorous scientific methods, and, yes, my boyfriend knew when Id eaten what foods, so that might have influenced his opinions.). Studies have found that adding pineapple to recipes can improve the flavours and tastes of your food. Don't forget - the vast majority of semen consists of water and so drinking a lot of water can help increase the amount of semen produced, and will make it taste better.Having around 8-10 glasses of water is a great habit and is helps improve sexual function. I'm always afraid that my boyfriend doesn't like my aroma or my taste. The answer is yes and specifically, pineapple juice has long been rumored to do the trick. Sometimes at the beginning of a relationshipespecially given that we've only been dating a few monthsthere are a lot of wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am quickies. Upon finishing the, um, experiment, she said his semen "tastes like nothing [in a good way]!" These are serious questions that people ask when theyre thinking of going down on a woman, or when theyre curious about what a good-tasting pussy tastes like. How to Ripen a Pineapple (Easiest Way)4,8 How long is pineapple good in the fridge? Pineapple is one of the foods used for making sperm taste sweeter. "People are fascinated with the topic of eating pineapple to change the taste of their vagina because we tend to be overly self-conscious about how we smell and taste during sex," says sexologist Rebecca Alvarez Story, founder of sexual-wellness marketplace Bloomi. Some people say that good pussy tastes somewhere between sweet and salty. Using douching products and scented wipes could actually make your vagina smell worse by throwing off your natural pH, causing irritation, and leading to infection. Making your vagina taste good and better entails a lot of routine practices. Before you ask: Yes, it's worth the price. And while we certainly value the opinions of doctors and sexperts on this topic, we want to know: what do ~normals~ have to say on the hot-button issue? These trends suggest that maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle drinking a lot of water, exercising often, and eating balanced meals will ensure that your secretions smell just as healthy as the foods you are eating. It depends. Want to try kink but don't know where to start? Fruit get plenty each day and sweeten your sperm taste Pineapple, papaya cranberry, melons, mangos, apples grapes are all good choices. But specifically saying that pineapple will change itstaste is not correct. Hate to break it to you, but there's limited research on whether specific foods or supplements can actually make your vagina taste better. 7. Sex Therapist Vanessa Marin Shares How to Get Comfortable Talking About Sex, Wendy Raquel Robinson Wants to Get Black Women Talking About Fibroids, Here Are the Answers to Every Menstrual-Cup Question You Have. 31 Scorching Hot Workout Songs Thatll Have You Feeling Yourself. Vaginas aren't supposed to smell like a bouquet of flowers, just like penises aren't supposed to smell like a summer night after it rains. This is exactly why it can help maintain the vaginal pH and keep matters in control. If you have just concluded your monthly period or are currently on your monthly period, your vagina will taste largely metallic and salty because of the traces of blood. That's not to say that they'll make you smell bad you may just have a more noticeable scent. We hold major institutions accountable and expose wrongdoing. Neither did I. It was more about finding out whether there's any truth to all this vaginal hearsay. But it sounds like you're self-conscious about it anyway, which happens. Pineapple - Pineapple is generally considered as one of the best foods you can eat to improve the taste of your semen. "It also contains proteins and amino acids. Move over, "Armageddon." He didn't taste like garlic, nor did his semen. "It is not linked directly at all and even if it did, it would take weeks. Have a question about sex or sexual health? Your. When you eat pineapple, the bromelain enzyme breaks . Sweet potatoes. Pineapple contains bromelain, which is an enzyme that breaks down proteins. It seems like the rumor that eating pineapple makes your vaginal fluid taste sweet has been around since middle school. This isnt something you can control directly, so your partner or significant other should deal with the fact that womens private parts will taste different depending on the time of the month. Overall, while there are ways to hack your semen to make it taste slightly better, the effects aren't going to be that significant. Because pineapple is pretty acidic, eating a lot of it or drinking a lot of pineapple juice can help cut down on the bitter taste of semen. Determined to find a food that would make me taste like something, we moved on to a more flavorful pick. What can I use to clean my womb to get pregnant? But they do improve the flavor of your food. With all these drastic measures being taken, experts weigh in: does eating or drinking pineapple actually change your taste down there? The idea itself doesn't make much sense, according to Foster. Eating foods high in refined carbohydrates, including white bread or white rice, can put you at risk for bacterial vaginosis or yeast infections, according to a 2011 report in The Journal of . Just social media speculations that have no scientific basis. "Higher fluid intake also increases the amount of seminal fluid that a man produces," says Dr. Bennett. Were going to take a look at the science of vaginal taste in todays fruity blog. In general, all kinds of citrus fruits can help improve the pH level of your vagina. On the other hand, staying well-hydrated and eating sweeter foods with a high water content can decrease the aromas coming from body fluids. Have all the chocolate and pineapple you want, but that's not necessarily going to make your juices taste like, well, juice. "Anything that we ingest, whether it be food, drink, tobacco, etc., has the propensity to affect the taste and smell of our bodily fluids and secretions," says Bennett. I loaded up on four foodsand one remarkable tablet, more on that laterrumored to change the vagina's taste and/or smell, then had John go down on me to test each one out. Foods that can beat the "fishy bacterial vaginosis" smell: Fenugreek seeds: Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water overnight. Before we tried it out on my V, we tried it with a lemon and glass of wine first just to see if it worked. The Beach Is My Happy Placeand Here Are 3 Science-Backed Reasons It Should Be Yours, Too. Walmart is Having a Sale on Kitchen Essentials From The Pioneer Woman, Amazon Deal Alert: These Small Kitchen Appliances Are Under $50, Walmart Rolled Back Prices on Apple Products -- Get the Deals Now, Florida Residents Urged to Use Caution With Tap Water After Man Dies From Brain-Eating Amoeba, Amazon Deal: These Celeb-Loved Ugg Slippers Are 50% Off, Walmart Just Dropped the New Spring Apparel Collection From The Pioneer Woman -- And Everything Is Under $40, Best Amazon Deals in March 2023 -- Don't Miss Out, Best Walmart Deals of March 2023 That Can Save You Big Money. Conditions like yeast infections can cause the vagina to smell off. Not to mention, pineapples are also notably composed of between 85 and 89 percent water, and "staying hydrated is also crucial to promoting natural vaginal lubrication," says Dr. Roskin. Finally, be sure you're cleaning your best girl properly! Get it daily. "You still taste like nothing," he said. Like garlic, curry seems to stick to your skin when you cook or eat it. Tandak Injection: Uses, Composition, Side Effects, Dosage, Price, List of accredited private school of Nursing and Midwifery in Nigeria. He notes that pineapple, per say, isn't better than other healthy fruits and veggies, but it certainly will make a difference in your personal aroma. Address the issues affecting the vagina, and it will likely return to its former state. But from where exactly did this rumor originate? "Well, what do I taste like?!" Infections and other diseases of the outer and inner regions of the vagina can make your private parts smell like spoiled meat or worse, rotten fish. After more prodding, he said I tasted and smelled like "nothing.". Most people with a vagina have probably heard of the myth that eating pineapples or drinking pineapple juice can make their vagina taste "better" or "sweeter." Intrigued by the idea of a perfumed vagina, people have experimented with their own unscientific "taste tests" after consuming excessive amounts of the fruit and found it . I ate 10 ounces of steamed asparagus with a little cracked pepper and lemon juice, and 20 minutes later, we hit the sheets. However, the experience varies for the rest of them who encounter a cornucopia of odors and tastes down there. Which is not a problem, despite whatever you've been led to believe from feminine wash advertisements, the media, and maybe even shitty partners. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. And does pineapple really sweeten the pot? But the results aren't immediate, and it's more about your overall diet than one pre-sex meal. Your bodily fluids likesweat, saliva, and vaginal secretions can all be influenced by your diet and lifestyle habits. Do all these rules still apply? It is low in calories and a good source of fiber. We tried the potato ice cream from Van Leeuwen. Does pineapple make your VAG taste sweeter? The flavor as they say can be quite mild, and you can go on and on because going down can be quite a pleasant experience. On an Inside Amy Schumer segment from April of this year, she did a skit about "Yo-Puss," a magical (fictional) yogurt that "makes your pussy taste like nothing. Can Pineapple Really Make Your Vagina Taste Better? Sex therapist Dr. Madeleine Castellanos tells Buzzfeed Health that our bodily fluidssweat, saliva and vaginal secretionscan all be influenced by your diet and lifestyle habits. Yeast infection takes place when the naturally occurring yeast cells in the vagina multiply too much, and an infection occurs. The study also found that men like the taste of women more than women like the taste of men, regardless of what they eat, which wasn't exactly news to me. "Experienced tasters do report that when you eat sweet fruits, vegetables, and herbs, it seems to heighten the sugary flavor of vaginal fluids and ejaculate." SELF does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. While there have not been any scientific studies on the matter, any sugary liquid or food may skew the fructose and glucose content or the pH of the semen just enough to be perceptible.". "At the end of the day, your vagina is supposed to taste just like that a vagina with a subtle metallic, salty, bitter, or sweet taste, and if anything, supplements that claim to use ingredients like pineapple to change the taste of the vagina are not scientifically proven to do so. So Is There Any Truth to the Pineapple/Semen Myth? That said, if your vagina (including the vulva and labia) has any strong scents, like a fishy or foul smell, that can be a sign that something is wrong, including but not limited to a bacterial vaginosis infection, Dr. Purdy adds. IMAGE COURTESY OF GETTYIMAGES Eating pineapple has a multitude of health benefits, says Dr. Roskin, like fighting inflammation, promoting tissue healing, and boosting your immune system. It's not unpleasant, just smells like woman. "Cranberries help balance the pH levels in semen, making for a better taste," says Dr. Bennett. As I ate about a cup and a half each of mixed vegetable curry and chana saagwala (spinach, garbanzo beans, and curry spices), I found this to be oh so true. 16 Ways to Make Your Masturbation Routine Even Hotter. This content is imported from Giphy. Even comedian Amy Schumer has touched on the topic. On the upside, your body's probably loving the Vitamin C boost. Let's get one thing clear: As long as you're healthy, your vagina smells and tastes perfectly fine. How to have the 'define the relationship' (DTR) chat. Semen is almost completely protected from what you eat," he explained. Don't worry, there's no shame in the game for wondering. Thanks for signing up. A Cosmopolitan writer and her man each tested out the 'pineapple diet' for a few days and scheduled an oral sex date to test their hypothesisthe science project of the century, if you ask me. By signing up, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy and to receive emails from POPSUGAR. ), Oz says you can clearly taste evidence of his claims between smokers and non-smokers, regardless of their diets. At some point, we seem to have forgotten that a vagina is supposed to smell and taste like a vagina, not a tropical paradise-scented air freshener. It depends what you mean by taste good. 4 hours ago, by Sarah Wasilak Does pineapple make your vag taste sweeter? 04 /8 Say YES to: Fructose-rich fruits such as Berries, Plums. The science community has confirmed that eating certain groups of foods will affect the natural pH (the acidity or alkalinity of a liquid solution) and smell of your bodily secretions. And can be hard to know what to believe when we are bombarded by myths on social media or ads for products that promise to make us smell fresh and clean. Accept Read the Privacy Policy, 5 Best Olive Oils According to Consumer Reports, Is Cream and Sugar in Coffee Really That, The Truth About Decaf Espresso: Is There Really, A Pregnant Womans Guide to Starbucks: What to, How Much Caffeine is in a Starbucks Cold, Starbucks Pregnancy-Friendly Drinks: A Comprehensive Guide, Soundproof Window Curtains: A Versatile Solution for a, 5 Best Air Mattresses According to Consumer Reports, Cleaning Your Tankless Water Heater: Vinegar vs. Chemical, 5 Best Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaners According to, Keep Your City Plumbing Healthy with Rid-Xs Natural, 5 Best Portable Induction Cooktops According to Consumer, 5 Best Indoor Smokeless Grills According to Consumer, Top 5 Best Steak Knife Sets According to, Top 5 Best Knife Sharpeners According to Consumer, 5 Best Bread Making Machines According to Consumer.