These instructions will work on most Samsung phones with 5G connectivity. The ROG Phone, when connected to the Mobile Desktop Dock, outputs 4K UHD video through HDMI and DisplayPort. The protocol that the S8 uses for HDMI out is called DP alt mode (Displayport alternative mode). News HDMI Alt Mode is supported through a USB Type-C port, so you will need to have a phone with a USB Type-C port to use this feature. The problem is the phone was to support HDMI or video out on the USB port. LG formerly supported DisplayPort on their LG G series and LG V series phones, but dropped support in the G6, G7, V35, V40 phones. Plug the free end of the adapter into your Samsung Galaxy. Step 2: Tap on Mobile Networks. Wired methods of connecting Samsung Galaxy A13 4G to a TV are not the most convenient as they depend on the use of cables, but at the same time such options do not require advanced technical equipment of the TV. [43][unreliable source], Samsung's DeX mode, Huawei's Easy Projection, and Microsoft's Continuum allow phones to offer a PC-like experience. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. MHL Alternate Mode. s10e has much better soc, hence faster compared to those two but quite old now. MHL Alt Mode over USB Type-C enables MHL video up to 8K and audio (such as Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, DTS:X, etc.) Please ensure the TV is compatible with viewing videos or other media stored on your phone using the HDMI Adapter. . 198.211.109.39 This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Please create account/login through {{ customer_email }} email, Mobile Desktop Dock, TwinView Dock, WiGig Dock, Note: works on most 720p/1080p displays, crashes on 4K displays. But how can you tell if your phone supports HDMI Alt mode? Currently, the only iOS devices that use a USB-C connector and comply with Alternate Mode are iPad Pro (3rd gen and later), iPad Air (4th gen and later). Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer. Although many mobile devices use the micro-USB connector and the MHL adapters can . The EU also voted that laptops must be equipped with a USB-C charging port by Spring 2026. This lets you operate the smartphone, as your actions will be displayed on the TV screen. The Pixel 4's hardware might/might not support DisplayPort, but the function was disabled in software by Google. Popular recent phones in the same price range as Samsung Galaxy A13, The devices our readers are most likely to research together with Samsung Galaxy A13, Samsung Galaxy A13 with Helio G80 and Xcover Pro now receive One UI 5, Samsung Galaxy A13 is the latest phone to get Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update, Timeline for One UI 5 rollout revealed: Galaxy S and Z models to get it by the end of the year, $134.97 / 138.78 / 138.50 / 12,850 / C$199.99, Samsung Galaxy A13 - user opinions and reviews, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only), 165.1 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm (6.5 x 3.01 x 0.35 in), Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame, plastic back, Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~400 ppi density), Android 12, upgradable to Android 13, One UI 5, Octa-core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55), 32GB 3GB RAM, 32GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, compass, SM-A135F, SM-A135F/DS, SM-A135M, SM-A135U, SM-A135U1. Whether your product is in or out of warranty, our authorized service centers are ready to help. Readers like you help support MUO. Provides consistent support on ROG Phone series (at least 3 flagship models), but little support on other series. Activate Wi-Fi Direct in the Network section of the TV settings. 2. So theoretically, any adapter that works for the MBP will work for the S8. You will need to get a USB-C to HDMI adapter. As Android and the now-defunct Windows 10 Mobile are mobile operating systems, most manufacturers do not include support for wired video output. "ThunderboltEX 3 | Motherboard Accessories | Asus Australia", "GC-ALPINE RIDGE (rev. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/98\/Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/98\/Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-1.jpg\/v4-728px-Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. On the phone, open the settings and go to the Wi-Fi section. But this drawback can be solved with the use of an MHL or SlimPort adapter. Lenovo (2020 - present), Motorola (2020 - present), Microsoft (2020 - present). However, this cable can only mirror the screen of your mobile phone. Other additional function like Desktop Mode, Touchscreen or Keyboard will NOT work., iPhone 4, iPad 1st gen, iPod touch 4th gen, iPhone 5, iPad 4th gen, iPad Mini 1st gen, iPod touch 5th gen and later, iPad Pro 3rd gen, iPad Air 4th gen, iPad Mini 6th gen and later, NOTE: This article is repost fromeverybodywiki.com, Hope this spring, you will have a very good times with happiness. 2 | Essential Phone | XDA Forums, Android Q's Desktop Mode is real, here's your first look - XDA-Developers, LG is using Android 10's hidden desktop mode feature - 9to5Google, Pixel 4 has USB video output disabled in software - Android Police, How do I connect my DisplayLink device to my Android Phone or Tablet? Windows 10 Build 1903? Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a2a66f2fd901a2c He specializes in Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux platforms. If your phone does not have a built-in HDMI port, you can use an adapter to connect it to an HDMI display. If you're unsure whether your USB-C device supports HDMI Alt Mode, check for the HDMI logo on the box, inside the manual, or contact the manufacturer. How do I connect DisplayPort to HDMI? This method is more complex, but more functional as well. HDMI Alt Mode for USB Type-C Announced. Select either of the two based on your preference. But, for now, this is by far the most straightforward way of mirroring or sending video signals from your devices to a TV or monitor without using a wireless connection. Same as other USB-A port. Women's day is coming, give your mother or wife the best gift. Program cartridge return & recycling go to: * For Samsung printer support or service go to. Windows 10 Build 1803 (Fall 2018 Update) or later, Latest Windows 7 64 Bit Update?, Latest Linux 64 Bit Updates? (as of Jan 2021). One of the uses of HDMI Alt mode is connecting an HDMI source device such as a laptop or smartphone to a display such as a smart TV or external monitor. If you don't have a USB-C to HDMI cable, you can still use an adapter, like Anker's USB-C to HDMI adapter, which supports 4K@60Hz. Midrange samsungs are terrible, i might suggest redmi series, specially note 10 pro glob Home On Samsung devices search for the "Dex" mode to see which devices support an external display. Samsung released the Galaxy A13 5G, bringing consumers the core features they rely on including 5G connectivity for only $249.99. No eSIM support: The Galaxy A12 does not have eSIM support. Even if support is present, it may not be prominently indicated on a device's specification list. The HDMI cable needs to connect the same parts of the adapter and receiver. The HDMI cable only fits one way, so don't force it. Sorry, there is insufficient stock for your cart. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b2\/Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b2\/Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-8.jpg\/v4-728px-Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Supports screen mirroring over the USB-C connector, complies with Alternate Mode. LG made modifications to improve this desktop mode, and included it the LG V50 ThinQ and LG G8 ThinQ. Fall in love with the best deals this season. If your phone has a USB-C port, you can plug this adapter into your phone, and then plug an HDMI cable into the adapter to connect to the TV. The latter was defined years after the Displayport version and is not much used. A teardown revealed that the Lightning Digital AV Adapter contains an ARM system-on-chip (SoC), which decodes the output stream and sends it over HDMI. Newer Samsung, Google, and other Android phones now come equipped with USB-C charging ports. Sony Xperia 1 support (United Kingdom), Sony launches the Xperia 1 II and Xperia 10 II with 21:9 displays, triple rear cameras, and 3.5mm headphone jacks, https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-sony-xperia-1-iv, https://mobilepriyo.com/sony-xperia-1-iv-price/, Xperia PRO Specifications | Professional Smartphones | Sony US, Xperia PRO-I Specifications | Smartphones | Sony SG, Vivo X Note Price in India 2023, Full Specs, reviews, offers & images - Giznext.com, vivo X Fold Review - The Best Foldable Phone with ZEISS camera and dual 120Hz AMOLED display - AndroPlus, https://forum.xda-developers.com/black-shark-2/help/black-shark-2-hdmi-output-t3913890, https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79268396&postcount=18, https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/can-someone-try-a-usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-with-black-shark-3-3-pro.4107163/, https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/gc4f1e/does_the_black_shark_3_pro_support_usb_c_to_hdmi/, Is there a budget gaming phone that runs modern games and emulation with video output? Provides consistent support (at least 3 flagship models). Step 1: Go to Settings > Connections. Samsung's DeX mode, Huawei's Easy Projection, and Microsoft's Continuum allow phones to offer a PC-like experience. Windows 10 Build 1903 or later? On iOS, major content service providers that allow screen mirroring in their apps include: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Tubi, Pluto TV etc. i really hope i didnt waste 25$. (Though at this time it is not well understood if Samsung is indeed using the USB PD standard for charging or another . Copyright 1995-2023 SAMSUNG All Rights Reserved. Although over the years Apple has transitioned some of its other products to use USB-C, like the iPad Pro, MacBook Air, and iPad Air, it has been resistant to adopting USB-C across its iPhone range. and our No Link to Windows: This site uses cookies to personalise your experience, analyze site traffic and keep track of items stored in your shopping basket. Dropped support in 2017-2018, but re-enabled support in 2019. 3 | LG G7 ThinQ | XDA Forums, Windows Continuum for Windows 10 Phones & Mobile | Microsoft, PH-1 has Alternate Mode over Type C = watch movies over USB to a monitor - Pg. If the Galaxy A11 utilizes the micro hdmi port, then yes this adapter will work. Provides consistent support (all flagship models). Is it possible to use USB Type-C HDMI cable on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite in Galaxy Note 06-28-2020; Accessibility Help . Read more, The phone is lacking two things I have noticed This is what I'm talking about . Glossary But the fact remains that connecting a phone to a TV is a function incorporated by the developers into the Samsung Galaxy A13 4G. Ensure your TV input settings have the right HDMI port selected. Free standard shipping, exclusive offers and financing options. (Summer 2019 Update), Latest Windows 7 64 Bit Update?, Latest Linux 64 Bit Updates? This article "List of devices with video output over USB-C" is from Wikipedia. Click to reveal As Android and, the now-defunct, Windows 10 Mobile are mobile operating systems, most manufacturers do not include support for wired video output. Even if support is present, it may not be prominently indicated on a device's specification list. If you just received your new Galaxy A13 or A13 5G, it's a good idea to get familiar with its main features and all it has to offer. Your IP: The HDMI connector used can then be selected. HDMI ports are typically found at the rear of TV's, monitors and projectors. OnePlus reveals many details of the OnePlus 7 Pro you may have missed! These brands only started releasing DisplayPort-supported models in recent years. Also all Thunderbolt 3 controllers additionally support "DisplayPort Alternate Mode". It's pretty easy to figure out. 2.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global", "GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. The Galaxy A13 is a perfect fit for someone getting their first smartphone. Big screen mirroring for all your video and gaming needs with USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter connectivity. So, if you want to stream your smartphone to your TV via HDMI, is that even possible? Does any one know if DisplayPort Alt Mode is enable for Note 10 lite or is there a way to enable it? - YouTube (Chapter: HDMI Over USB C), https://www.noypigeeks.com/android/red-magic-6s-pro/, https://global.redmagic.gg/blogs/press/redmagic-7-review-pulling-out-the-big-guns, https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=6592, HP Elite x3 Product Specifications | HP Customer Support. The technology is supported by all models with a built-in Wi-Fi module. Change Ad Consent You can't make it support it, the A13 uses a USB 2.0 which Maxes out at 480Mbps, to even get a 720p signal you need 720Mbps - 2.99Gbps, 1080p alone needs 1.58Gbps - 14.00Gbps, And 4K Needs 6.17Gbps - 54.84Gbps. Subscribe to get our latest news for portable monitors & lapdocks. Unlike USB-C to HDMI cables, the Lightning Adapter only supports up to 1080p HD and requires a separate HDMI cable to connect to the adapter. Check for a compatible adapter. By ticking this box, I accept Samsung Service Updates, including . Brands with consistent support will be moved to the rows above. These are the best offers from our affiliate partners. USB Type-C ports are small, thin, and oval-shaped (8.24mm x 2.4mm). Copyright 1995-2023 Samsung. If a USB connection offers users a basic set of capabilities, allowing the Samsung Galaxy A13 4G to be used as an external storage, pairing via HDMI lets the smartphone home screen be displayed on the TV screen, as the actions performed on the phone will also be displayed. (all iOS devices released from late 2012 onwards). wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Simply link your smartphone, tablet, PC, or laptop to any HDTV, monitor, or projector with HDMI input for a much more immersive experience. All rights reserved. A teardown revealed that the Lightning Digital AV Adapter contains an ARM system-on-chip (SoC), which decodes the output stream and sends it over HDMI. Mark as New . At the time of writing, USB Type-C has five Alternate Mode Partners, three of which should be familiar to most computer users, and only two of which we've been able to find 'in the wild': Thunderbolt 3 Alternate Mode. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The difficulty of the method lies in the fact that Samsung Galaxy A13 4G is not equipped with an HDMI port for connecting to a TV. A bug introduced in Android Oreo has resulted in performance issues (unreliable video/audio). Click to reveal 1. Resolutions up to 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160). However, in October 2022, the European Parliament approved a law that requires any mobile device to adopt a USB-C charging port by the end of 2024. Once connected, a prompt will appear to download a mirroring app (or scan the QR code on the screen to download). HDMI Licensing, the consortium that controls and licenses the HDMI specification, released HDMI Alt Mode in 2016. Provides consistent support (at least 3 flagship models). HDMI Alt Mode supports HDMI 1.4b features. Reply. This is an awesome phone and the dual sim feature is really helpful. For example, the use of certain apps. Can only display videos, photos, presentations, and slideshows over the 30-pin dock connector. This means you can pick up a USB-C to HDMI cable and leverage HDMI Alt Mode to transfer video from your smartphone to any HDMI display. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/66\/Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/66\/Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-6.jpg\/v4-728px-Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. For more information, please see our (all iOS devices released from late 2012 onwards). In addition to regular screen mirroring, they allow apps to be used in multiple windows with a desktop-like interface when connected to an external display with keyboard and mouse.[44][45]. This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Travis Boylls. Samsung Galaxy A13 5G does not have Corning Gorilla Glass for screen protection, It offers an average pixel density, it presents an average resolution, It does not offer wireless charging, It does not contain a Temperature sensor, It contains Nano-SIM and it does not support Dual SIM, It offers only one . VirtualLink Alternate Mode. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-7.jpg\/v4-728px-Check-if-My-Phone-Supports-Hdmi-Alt-Mode-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"