She was married to Robert Downey Sr. She died on September 22, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. ", The actor, 49, added that he too could relate to the addiction he faced and that in 2004, "I was in bad shape. The marriage ended in divorce in 1975. According to her son, Elsie Ann Downey died Monday night at the age of 80, and today the actor took to Facebook to pen a touching.and yet signaturely quirky.tribute to the woman to whom he owes so very much. How Did She Die? Their father was drug addicted and he had never started his day without smoking marijuana. View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro, Best Actress (Nominees And Winners 1979-1960), Say Goodbye: 2014 Deaths: September 1 - December 31. At 80 years old, Elsie Downey height not available right now. addiction repeatedly forbade it. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. He ended the heartfelt tribute with "Elsie Ann Downey. Actor Larry Wolf even shared in the Netflix documentary that she was one of the most talented, lovable, and sweetest people he had the fortune to meet. Robert Downey Jr Made Aniston Wedding Speech. I knew it was difficult, and understood as the visits got shorter. I remember living with her and her boyfriend Jonas, (who became a second father to me) in a 2 room 5 story walk up in Manhattan after thatBunsen burner for a stove, cockroaches, broken dreams. The actor wrote a touching letter about how she helped get him clean and sober. She was an actress and writer, known for Chafed Elbows (1966), Two Tons of Turquoise to Taos Tonight (1975) and Babo 73 (1964). Elsie had 4 siblings: Christian Frederick Renick and 3 other siblings. He was the son of a filmmaker Robert Downey, Sr. and his wife, an actress Elsie Ann Ford. In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, Downey Jr. said, Pick a dysfunction and its a family problem.. My mom passed away early this week.I wanna say something about her life, and a generic "obit" won't suffice Elsie Ann Ford was born outside Pittsburgh in April of 1934, daughter of an engineer who worked on the Panama Canal, and mother who ran a jewelry shop in Huntingdon, where they settled.a bona fide "Daughter Of The American Revolution.". But alas, at 11 PM on September 22, 2014, Elsie passed away and was grieved by friends and family. Robert Downey Jr. has shared some very personal news with his fans: his mother, Elsie Ann Ford, passed away Monday at age 80. While I strived to have the kind of success that eluded her, my own addiction repeatedly forbade it.. Everything we love about Downey Jr., he claims, can be attributed to her. "My ambition, tenacity, loyalty, "moods," grandiosity, occasional passive aggression, and my faith. That's all herand I wouldn't have it any other way. He is survived by his third wife, music producer and writer Rosemary Rogers, and his children. Geni requires JavaScript! program consultant (90 episodes, 1976) 1934-2014." tagged in Robert Downey Jr. STUMBLE SHARE SHARE TWEET PIN. These are not like the nine greatest experts on the internet, Elena Kagan admitted during oral arguments. "She was my role model as an actor, and as a woman who got sober and stayed that way. In a heartfelt tribute on his Facebook page Friday, he revealed that she was his inspiration for not only achieving success in Hollywood, but for ultimately getting sober. I remember living with her and her boyfriend Jonas, (who became a second father to me) in a 2 room 5 story walk up in Manhattan after thatBunsen burner for a stove, cockroaches, broken dreams By 1990, she'd had enough, went to treatment, got sober. In the mid '50s, she dropped out of college and headed to NY, with dreams of becoming a comedienne. She was married to Robert Downey Sr. . Elsie Ann Ford was born outside Pittsburgh in April of 1934, daughter of an engineer who worked on the Panama Canal, and mother who ran a jewelry shop in Huntingdon, where they settled..a bona fide "Daughter Of The American Revolution." In the mid '50s, she dropped out of college and headed to NY, with dreams of becoming a comedienne. Follow me on Twitter (@NaNa_KqAmE). Turn on desktop notifications for breaking stories about interest? Elsie Downeywas an American Film Actress. Many fond memories of her in the last few yearsholidays, kid-stuff, her strutting around with a walking stick. If anyone out there has a mother, and shes not perfect, please call her and say you love her anyway. She was an actress and writer, known for Chafed Elbows (1966), Two Tons of Turquoise to Taos Tonight (1975) and Babo 73 (1964). 11 days old age. She was my role model as an actor, and as a woman who got sober and stayed that way. Downey and wife Susan have a second child on the way, a girl due in November. Unfortunately, just around the time Elsie had begun her sobering journey, she was reportedly diagnosed with multiple heart diseases. Her doctors basically titled her a Medical Incredible, said there was little they could do, and were frankly amazed she was up and walking. After this, Elsie was seen in Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, only for it to end up being her last paying acting job. Vanity Fair may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Mother of Private and Robert Downey, Jr. Laura Elizabeth Ernst was born on September 8, 1957, in the state of Washington. Gen Z Isnt Waiting: Maxwell Frost, Congresss Youngest Member, Gets a Bumpy Introduction to Washington, Elected at 25 years old, Florida Democrat Frost is shepherding in a new generation to the halls of power. The couple had their first child, Allyson Downey, in 1963 before going on to welcome Robert Downey Jr. on April 4, 1965. She called me out of the blue, and I admitted everything. In 62, she met my dad, (who proposed at a Yankees/Orioles game). We recommend you to check the complete list of Famous People born on 11 April. Elsie Downey was born on 11-04-1934 in Allegheny in the state of Pennsylvania, United States. Eventually, when finances allowed, we were able to move her out to LA. . Robert Downey Sr. was an actor and filmmaker Credit: Getty His first marriage was to actress Elsie Ann Downey ( ne Ford) (1934-2014), with whom he had two children: actress-writer Allyson Downey and actor Robert Downey Jr. While I strived to have the kind of success that eluded her, my own addiction repeatedly forbade it. She called me out of the blue, and I admitted everything. Hajia4Real tops Twitter trends following U.S. jail reports, Sulley Muntari, Agyeman Badu, Asamoah Gyan, others visit Christian Atsus family home, VIDEO: Government will be fully involved in providing Christian Atsu a befitting burial Dr. Bawumia, Christian Atsus mortal remains arrive in Ghana via Turkish Airlines, Maybe I created enemies along the line Kofi Amoabeng on UT Banks collapse, Christian Atsu was one of Ghanas finest personnel Akufo-Addo. Eventually, when finances allowed, we were able to move her out to LA. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and Your California Privacy Rights. View popular celebrities life details, birth signs and real ages. Learn How rich is She in this year and how She spends money? I dont remember what she said, he explained. Wayne Shorter funeral, burial service, pictures, date, time, venue. Elsie Ann Downey died on a Monday night at the age of 80, according to her son, and at the time the actor took to Facebook to pen a touching tribute to the woman to whom he owed so much. .Thats all herand I wouldn't have it any other way., The 42 Best Romantic Comedies of All Time, The 25 Best Shows on Netflix to Watch Right Now. Press Esc to cancel. Elsie Ann Ford was born outside Pittsburgh in April of 1934, daughter of an engineer who worked on the Panama Canal, and mother who ran a jewelry shop in Huntingdon, where they settled..a. Dies by Suicide: He 'Cared So Deeply', Celebrities' Baby Names and Their True Meanings, Regina King's Son Ian Alluded to Social Media Not Being 'Healthy' for Him Before His Death, Kim Kardashian Honors Late Father Robert Kardashian Sr. After Seeing Rainbows on Son's Birthday, Bob Saget Wondered About the Afterlife in Betty White Tribute Days Before Death: 'I Don't Know What Happens', Celebrities Who've Lost Loved Ones to Coronavirus, Robert Downey Jr. Mourns Death of His Dad, Robert Downey Sr., at 85: 'He Was a True Maverick', 'Monster's Ball' Actor Coronji Calhoun Sr., Who Played Halle Berry's Son, Dead at 30. Robert Downey Jr. and his mom attend his hand-and-footprint ceremony held in conjunction with the film "Sherlock Holmes" at Grauman's Chinese Theatre Dec. 7, 2009, in Hollywood. She was an alcoholic As the marriage suffered, she continued to work, but not for long. She is from USA. While I strived to have the kind of success that eluded her, my own addiction repeatedly forbade it. Pays Tribute to Late Mother Ivana: 'We Will Miss You Incredibly', Donald Trump Jr. Shares His Parents' 1995 Pizza Commercial in Tribute to Late Mom Ivana: 'Legendary', Ivana Trump Died of Blunt Force Injuries After Falling Down Stairs, Medical Examiner Determines, Lee Lawson, 'Guiding Light' Star, Dead at 83, Regina King Steps onto the Red Carpet in First Public Appearance Since Her Son's Tragic Death, Hollywood Hunks Who Are Also Certified Mama's Boys, Adam Scott Says Filming New Series 'Severance' Helped Him Grieve the Loss of His Mother Anne, Regina King's Son Ian Alexander Jr. I Robert's father is of half Lithuanian Jewish, one quarter Hungarian Jewish, and one quarter Irish, descent, while Robert's mother was of English, Scottish, German, and Swiss-German . . Downey's mother was put on life support in March after a cardiac arrest. Hive minds Bess Levin and Abigail Tracy analyze the GOPs House, afire with chaos and investigations, and why a DeSantis presidency is just as scary as a Trump redux. He was known for writing and directing his underground film Putney Swope, a satire on the New York Madison Avenue advertising world. She called me out of the blue, and I admitted everything. Apr 11 1934 - Dormont, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States, Sep 22 2014 - Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States, John Webster Ford, Fay Marguerite Ford (born Shoch), 1940 - 2701 Crosby, Borough, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, USA, Photo by Gage Skidmore. Though his mom was able to keep her demons at bay, Downey Jr.s early career suffered thanks to his own. William was born on May 21 1844, in Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, USA. In a Facebook post on Friday, Robert Downey Jr. paid lengthy tribute to his mother, Elsie Ann Ford, who passed away earlier in the week. Elsie Downey was born on 11-04-1934 in Allegheny in the state of Pennsylvania, United States.