Further complicating things, the owner Joe is serving in Afghanistan, so he entrusts the supervision of the ground-up restoration to his mother-in-law, a hairdresser who knows nothing about cars. I can't watch the Barrett-Jackson auctions because of this. For allVolkswagenCredit financial inquiries, clickhere. Dans worries are realized and the friendship is pushed beyond its limits when Charlie buys his own parts and his dream is much bigger than his budget. With the cost of advertising on automotive TV shows, the decisions can be intimidating, indeed. January 24, 2019 in General Discussion. Burch entrusted his 1969 Camaro to a restoration rip-off artist. Fantomworks battle cold weather, warm wood and hot water as they struggle to adapt their car building skills and deliver the ultimate speed boat. Like to know. Classified ads, photos, shows, links, forums, and technical information for the Volkswagen automobile TheSamba.com :: Off Topic - View topic - "FantomWorks" Hello! I know it was edited but it was done so either quite honestly or it was done to put you in an unfavorable light. The shop went bust, so FantomWorks is challenged to pick up the pieces. Michael wants a new convertible top for his 1953 Morgan, but the Fantomworks team have no reference, no template and no anchor points. They are just using the remainderof the footage already shot. Hed been a car builder in his younger years. It will be an amazing project if Dan can find parts for a model that is 1 of only 20 ever made. I put together a long show on the 100th anniversary Dodge Brothers Meet in Detroit a few years ago ( I make videos for a living) that contained great shots of the cars, interviews with the owners, stories of their cars and restorations, the car parade at Meadowbrook Hall and visits to historic automobile sights in Detroit. Dan quickly realizes that the car needs much, much more to become the safe, reliable driver Mike wants. Then, the Avanti shows up with $58,000 worth of mismatched parts, an engine that doesnt fit and an escalating cascade of hidden problems that will push Dan and his team to the brink. Always reference your Owners Manual for service intervals and schedule maintenance information. FantomWorks Dan's First Car 67 Camaro Part 1. Why do I remember that? At that time he said he actually lost money on the TV show. His wife wants a daily driver. Harry adores his 1970 Opel Kadett and he wants it to be perfect. Dan Short is a former Green Beret who saw friends wounded in combat. I can't watch the owner is too big a douche. Dan recommends that they leave the body and paint alone, but Warren wants a full frame off restoration for his daughter. While the team wrestle with the near-impossible Corvette restoration, Bill brings in a 1931 Model A Ford that his father converted into a hot rod. Owner sits down in his fake '50's diner and gets a tally of a gazillion hours labor and parts and a $125,000.00 bill and then smiles and just askes to see it. To my relief, the crew responded very positively. I generally turn the TV on in the afternoon and just put it in pause until it overflows. Is this really now newscasters see themselves? Dave traded for his dream 1957 corvette more than three decades ago, but the car arrived in pieces and it has sat ever since. 8k for what they did?? In fact, the neighborhood association hid it under a car cover and then insisted it be towed away. A C10 pick-up arrives in good condition. Then they sell them at auction. I haven't watched any new episodes, but the commercial cracks me up. "See, honey, our latest repair bill wasn't all that bad!!". While the team struggle with the Avanti; Craig shows up with a 1951 Chevy 3100 pick-up. I wonder if Adam is going to bring in his new bride Christina El Moussa in to do interior renovations and restorations. The Triumph TR6 looks bad, but Dan sees hidden potential for it to become a rare 'survivor'. fantomworks todd vw. The Triumph TR6 looks bad, but Dan sees hidden potential for it to become a rare 'survivor'.Dan and the team take on a 1966 Volkswagen Beetle and a 1976 TR6 convertible. How long has "this old house" been on the air? Barlen wants mothers 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air to run like a dream for her birthday in 30 days. I liked the earlier Britishnesstoo, but even after themove to California this show does not have the swearing and shouting of other TV car shows, Todd C. Have you seen some of the cars that have been sold out of that place? Creators Tim Prokop Peter Rees Stars Dan Short Audrey Sickles Allan Alvarez Just another BS . The problem is with the owner.Why would you take a car like that to a (supposedly) high end shop for simple repairs?That was a repair any normal body shop can do. It is ideal forthose of us who appreciate fine craftsmanship and warm sincere personalities. Brian hopes to restore his grandfathers 1960 Bel Air after an attempt with another shop ended in disaster. I wonder if Motor Trend cancelled the show or he just chose not to continue with it. Walter loves the fast and futuristic look of his 1975 Bricklin, but the car model is infamous for mechanical issues. The crew of FantomWorks maintained the utmost professionalism building cars while dealing with cameras in their faces, sound equipment stuffed into nooks and crannies, radio wars (they were turned off 25 times a day), takes and retakes, working lunches, early mornings that turned into late nights, unwanted travel, and the general difficulties associated with being in front of the cameras 5 days a week, 51 weeks a year, 6.5 years non-stop. Andy wants the perfect split window top for his 1963 corvette. Dan thinks that a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS is the perfect car to get the program started. I just get sick of watching these shows where everything is about money. Due to challenges with the owner, the Volkswagen ends up on the curb. He was turned down by several garages, but Dan agrees to try and bring his mangled GTO back from beyond the grave. She wants a cool stripped down caf bike with a monoshock a task that opens up cool design possibilities and a ton of problems to solve. However in the case of the show FantomWorks, filming was never easy by anyones standards. Dan cant pass the car on to an owner so he decides to turn it into a high octane gift for his wife, Melissa. Box 9145Medford, Massachusetts02155. ^ahh Forgot to check it out, have to find it on the reruns. The couple want a perfect FantomWorks restoration. Dan and the team take on a 1966 Volkswagen Beetle and a 1976 TR6 convertible. Jay wants a stunning 1965 TR4. The bad news the car has problems that none of the shops were able to fix. Tims 1974 International Harvester Scout was given a paint job that took 4 years. Episode 215 - One of a kind If your car has been sitting for a while, if it is wet, or even cold outside, the brakes can oxidize and rust may form. Before either party had made any detailed inspection of the car, Mr. Owens told Mr. Short that he wanted DRS to install a reliable fuel-injected engine, a modern suspension, and new brakes. How Dan did not rip this kids head off is beyond me. He agrees to restore it as a survivor for a pair of owners who know him well his Uncle Carl and Aunt Claire. fantomworks todd vw; fantomworks todd vw. Your tires were carefully selected to match your Volkswagen, so only a tire size that is shown on the Tire and Loading Information label on the door of your vehicle (or listed in your Owners Manual) is recommended for use. To add insult to injury, many customers were upset as they were never reimbursed for travel or other expenses. Certain 2015-2018 model year Volkswagen Golf and Golf SportWagen vehicles. Dan soon finds out that the damage is the least of his problems. I dont like the guy all he does is complain and acts like he is a miracle worker. And by the way,zero commercials and zero promos at zero cost! Dan Short knows that cars can cement friendships or break them. Just recently watched a May, 2017 program of Fantomworks, where they re-did a 62 Maserati, and a 1966 VW Beetle Vert Bahama Blue. Brad wants to go forward with the build because the car belonged to his father and will be passed on to his children. Seems like most of the cars just don't get sorted out. If you do not have an Owners Manual for your vehicle, you can order one athttp://literature.vw.com/welcome.aspOpens an external link or by calling our toll-free number at 1-800-544-8021. That's what left the biggest impression of all I have seen. Unlike advertisements in print magazines, it's fairly difficult to know in advance how many viewers any TV program REALLY has, and it's also more difficult to monitor the results of ads you place. It would be even better if they could get guest restoration people to help with the "restoration job" segment. Christina would certainly add some interest to the show. They show a quiet, purposeful one man workshop covering a wide range ofmechanical and cosmetic work plus the occasionalventure to a professional service to seehow specialty workis done. * Bei Fragen einfach anrufen oder schreiben: +49 (0)176 248 87 424. what does the name trey mean urban dictionary; who played baby astrid in the office Then, he finds that Bills budget is only $20,000. My favorite car show is wheeler dealer with the two british dudes, some of their finished work isnt to my taste but I like how they show the actual work they do. Steve wants to run his 1954 Oldsmobile in a thousand-mile road race. Insurance would not have paid 8000 to repair. Telling the VW owner he had to choose either disc brakes or dropped spindles to stay within the $8,000 budget - Priceless. Send us your concept, and well review it for consideration to produce or distribute! When I got involved in the hobby in the middle '60s, old car peopleloved the cars, loveddriving and working on them, and appreciated their historical context. Dan Short has learned the hard way that car owners matter as much as the vehicles they bring in. From the gull wing doors to a host of poorly integrated parts and systems its on FantomWorks to get this car driving better than ever. For quality of work on the cars, check out Graveyard Cars. Sign up for a new account in our community. The answer to the question about the show that had our Director of the AACA Librarian and Past President Tom Cox as the stars all I can tell you was that despite good ratings and that the network wanted it back again their was no money to produce the show for a second season. A better name for this particular show would be fantasy works. Then, his father put 400,000 miles on it. After thorough research, we are confident you will discover FantomWorks is your only choice because, in reality, we don't have any local competition and only a handful of competitors in the United States. I have a tough time making through an episode, before I hit the remote or take a nap. Unless he had special insurance that would cover vintage cars. If brake noise continues, please visit your local VW dealer. Copyright 2023, Antique Automobile Club of America. He entrusts FantomWorks with the restoration of his most prized possession a 1947 Harley Davidson Knucklehead. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I don't know what this shop charges in the real, non-tv world but I can't see anyone staying in business charging that kind of money. What happened to the show the AACA guys were in????? And the guy who owns the place isn't nearly as charming or cute or witty or quirky as he thinks he is with his ugly shirts and non-sense of humor. When I show it to car folks they watch with rapt attention and want a copy. chinese sheetmetal $200. fantomworks todd vw. Sales: 630-231-9900 | Service: 630-231-9900 | Parts: 630 . As you read the notes on the staff, you might think that it is a dubious claim that every worker at FantomWorks is a professional. When Rich and Kathy tried to get their beloved 1951 Buick Super back on the road they were taken for a ride. It hasnt been driven in twenty years, the budget is tight and she wants it in time for their annual family reunion. Really hard to run a shop and do a TV show. At the end, the guy comes in and Dan gives him the bill:"Well, I know you only wanted the hood repainted and a new bumper installed, but we found some extra rust and the suspension was bent and the engine threw a rod and the whole interior was wrong. Fantomworks are caught in the middle. Jims 1958 Impala is an auction car. This really just leaves Wayne and Chasing Classic Cars though I really have no interest in multi-million dollar barn finds. Then he takes on this Triumph and does a engine rebuild. Even if it was 5000.00. My least favorite is the show with the dude who wears stupid glasses and his father gave him a junkyard business. If Jay Leno still has his Garage show I don't know what channel covers it, nobody here ever mentions it. Most other shows are always about the shows star interpretation and personal concept of the owners description. Doc Pellerins pristine 1937 Volvo PV52 was a regular winner at Concours car shows until a metal shelf fell on the car in the trailer. phoenix 2021 limited worth; najbolje srpske pesme svih vremena. If you watch FW closely and pay attention to the cars in the background you will notice many of the alleged "customer cars" from past episodes sitting there. spring garden apartments shooting; keston park famous residents. I didn't expect all that and it's a lot more than I wanted to spend. Main Offices When the car needs more skill than he can provide- Rob turns to Fantomworks and the reality check needed to bring his beloved Jeep back to life. Working withthis stuff for a living certainly reveals some insights into the world of automotive TV showsI promise you that. All new front suspension - $1000. Last nights episode. Fantomworks has restored dozens of Mustangs, but never a Coupe because there is almost no value to the car. Whether you need it or not, VW Roadside Assistance is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Ha ve done several of these cars with the same front damage. By Seems like a quandaryhot blonde good, tolerate another reality show not so good. I just watched a rerun of Fantomworks where the young man (Todd) had his VW repaired. So doubt that am the demographic they are looking for (not sure who is) but then MotorTrend seems to be trying to outdo Hot Rod & Rod & Custom so maybe rich millennials with no sense of hygiene. CCC and BitchnRides have toned down the format, but the shows still use more gimmicks than actual restoration footage. Ron and Valerie want Dan to restore their 1963 Jeep Willys Fleetvan, but the problems run deeper than the seams hidden beneath inches of filler. Every system on this Corvette is riddled with problems, from bad accident repairs to fourteen coats of cheap paint! I saw a '60 Lincoln 4-door, and I even saw a '54 Chrysler Imperial 4-door sedan. Niccos wants a Fastback Mustang that combines the best features from some very different classic cars. Check out the FantomWorks YouTube to see our latest video. Looks like the show isn't getting very good viewer reviews on the Discovery Channel's website: Every time I crush a fat chick I feel like a I save baby kittens and baby kittens are important to everyone. Due to challenges with the owner, the Volkswagen ends up on the curb. From fold down seats (to make room for a coffin), a PA system to wake the undead, smoke, skeletons and flamethrowers this is a one-of-a-kind build that everyone in the shop loves or hates. FantomWorks are following bad work on a car that needs to be torn into and cant be. For information on Takata, click here. You want to see a really bad car show watch desert car kings. It's easy! 757-923-1300 Unfortunately, the car he remembers from childhood is a sedan that has been baking in the Arizona sun for decades. That was my initial concern as I also enjoyedEdd. I also liked the fact that Dan would jump right in and get to work instead of holding a cup of coffee or run a comb through his beard. John thinks his 1958 Corvette is mostly original but Dan finds a mismatched assortment of poor quality parts and bad repairs that have him tearing his hair out. While the team wrestle with the Corvette, Clay shows up with a 1965 Cobra kit car. Were they staying the night? If it were my car and my money, my advice to the builder would be "Take your time and do it right". In 2017 I announced to my crew my decision to leave the television show. Everything really is about money, I guess, but I really don't enjoy being reminded of it all the time. If you are on here Todd please fill me in. YES! Scott and Nanette ask Dan to restore their massive family heirloom 1953 Cadillac Fleetwood. You may or may not know that FantomWorks has a reality television show on Velocity. What you will also find on the website: For information about loaner availability, please reach out to an authorized Volkswagen dealership. swollen lymph nodes months after covid Menu. Whether it's a rare vintage Lancia, in for a complete restoration or a '67 Chevy booked for "go faster" stripes, every driver wants to be behind that wheel as soon as possible and turn every head on the road. The car had not run since the 1930s, but it was in remarkable shape, nonetheless. Incio; Produtos . examples of betrayal in the kite runner. American Autowire dealer. Antonio and his cousin Andres challenge Dan to transform a 1968 California Special into the ultimate sleeper. Click here to locate your nearest VW dealer. So when he decides that he wants his newly restored 1968 Fastback to be shown at SEMA, Dan and Fantomworks are thrown for a loop. He fell in love with cars when he first laid eyes on a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro, the very first model year of the iconic nameplate. Please see dealer for details and availability. Bo put his beloved 1970 Corvette into storage more than thirty years ago. A state of the art shop with good people that is hospital clean. All bullshit,totally scripted. Then you see them using the black painted Chinese fender and apron for the actual repairs. Back on the jack stands, Ultra-Street build underway! Its always him going off to negotiate with the seller, then hes putting it in his trailer. irate customer response; fantomworks todd vw. A 1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo arrives in better shape, but its still not the head turner that Kevin is looking for. The price listed what what he wanted and it wasn't open for discussion. All those car shows got little quirks but the one that absolutely hacks is redneck garage. 3800.00 worth of damage. Due to challenges with the owner, the Volkswagen ends up on the curb. It worked for me when "Barney Miller" was cancelled. The owner of the car walked away from it. Painting over rust and unfinished fiberglass patch repairs. Located just outside of Chicago, IL, Fox Valley VW St. Charles is proud to offer the complete Volkswagen lineup! He an ex navy officer this town full of ex brass so the skys the limit hes banking on the chance that he wont get blue color customer in his shop and his over head very high theres same quality shop in norflok area at a better cost your paying for his ego and knowledge that he earned from the navy thats all, All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time, http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-shows/fantomworks/about/about.htm, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1649478. So when the brakes are used for the first time, they may make a squealing noise. Another guy had a "39 La Salle convertible. He starts out wanting to do most of the work himself. Now, the car is in even worse shape and Jerry still wants to spend next to nothing. The job takes FantomWorks into wet and unchartered territory as they try to get the massive firetruck spraying and driving better than it did in the old days. Their California Special looks stock, but its powered by a Coyote Aluminator making it one of the fastest Mustangs in Mexico. dutchess county pistol permit renewal; stanley sl18129 replacement parts; st thomas high school football roster; 12 striking techniques in arnis reflection All they need is the right host. After rescuing his car from another restoration shop, John has turned to FantomWorks to complete a half-finished restoration; undo the damage from his lead foot and get the Cougar running more fiercely than ever. Charges 8000.00 to repair a VW. You can tell us. Due to a mistake in the shop, the restoration of the Bel Air goes further than intended and due to challenges with the owner, the Volkswagen ends up on the curb. Juan Merodio Sin Categora fantomworks todd vw. Even if it was 5000.00. There just isnt a big enough audience to support the type of show we would all like to see. Just a few months ago, a very emotional fan of the show shared a wonderful story. He wants FantomWorks to swap out the V6 with the V8 from a donor car. FantomWorks is a full service restoration company created by Daniel R. Short in 2006. Maybe it was his dedication to safety rather than monster wheels on lifted truck or bolt-together creations on an Art Morrison chassis, or comparison of interesting beards. onmyoji exchange center redemption code; working breed german shepherd puppies; cumberland county high school football; sjrwmd staff directory; youtube.com. Dan Short is the owner of Fantomworks and a fan of classic cars. Walter brings his 1975 Bricklin back to FantomWorks with the hope that Dan can fix an array of problems created when it was built. There have been a few in Hemmings. Jim wants his 1970 Nova to be the ultimate dragster. Problem is its a 60 year old car and the deeper they dig the more problems they find. 1-800-428-4034. JavaScript is disabled. My thanks to those members of the network and film crew who truly cared about the shop. Dan and Robby are left scratching their heads as they try to solve a mystery that may require major surgery. Fritz Custom Products. Larry is a returning customer who wants Dan to restore his familys prized 1959 pink Cadillac DeVille on a limited budget. Yeah, it's all about numbers and eyeballs in almost all media these days. With no parts available, the team have to build everything from scratch if the car is ever to run again. Because of that announcement, I decided it was time to explain why I quit and thank all involved. The car is full of surprises, and the moment something else is fixed, a new problem surfaces where it is least expected. They brought it back and it ran several years. A nut and bolt show about cars and restoration, played totally straight, would not have a large enough audience to survive. And then add missiles. It's all Mopar muscle but these guys don't cut corners. What a tool. If you would enjoy seeing a REAL restoration program without all of the absurd timelines, tattoos, and unbridledarrogancefromself appointed auto designers, take a look on YouTube at Roads Less Traveled, Restoring Cars. It may also be shown on your vehicle insurance certificate. But I really like the car, so it'sOK.". I apologize for him. I get tired of seeing Wayne find these fantastic classics from the 1920s and 30s, where he says he has always wanted one of these, blah blah blah. The car is called Betsy, and Ronny the owner wants her restored to her glory days when they went cruising together. In contrast, the complete restoration of a 1951 Studebaker truck to a world class show vehicle is a car-lovers dream.