Follow Boston.com on Instagram (Opens in a New Tab), Follow Boston.com on Twitter (Opens in a New Tab), Like Boston.com on Facebook (Opens in a New Tab), Family mourns passing of longtime Boston broadcast meteorologist Mish Michaels, Photos: Barbara Walters, a superstar and pioneer in TV news, dies, Live updates: Heres what happened at the Earthshot Prize award ceremony, The 10 best Stephen King movies of all time (and how to watch them). Would you like to receive a link to the Laconia Daily Sun online eEdition the night before it hits shelves to preview the top stories? Well, let me tell you, Mish Michaels, Tim Kelly and Mark Rosenthal had better watch themselves. On March 20, 2020, "NBC10 Boston" Meteorologist Pamela Gardner took to her Facebook account to share some heartbreaking news. I cant stop thinking about how blessed we were in the meteorological community that she chose us, Eliasen said. Growing up in Northeast Ohio, Wycoff got hooked on weather at a very early age. She went on to be, in my mind, one of the all-time greats in Boston TV history and perhaps the most influential woman of her day in broadcast science., The WBZ meteorologist said he is just one of the countless people who were lucky to have Michaels in their life and call her her a friend.. former boston meteorologists 2022610 employee Bob Becker, who began predicting East Tennessee weather in the late '90s, has died . Leonard received a Bachelor of Science degree in meteorology from City College of New York and earned a Master of Science degree in meteorology from New York University, where he also served as an instructor in meteorology. Wankum said this was probably the last big storm of the season. He told Emily Rooney on WGBH News' Greater Boston Thursday that the fascination with the science began when he was a young child. Well, to no one's surprise, given today's highly politicized media, Mish has just been fired from her job as a science reporter at WGBH-TV new's program called, "Greater Boston." Whether delivering nightly forecasts or leading all-hands-on-deck severe storm coverage, Harvey is laser-focused on clearly communicating critical information to our viewers. Eliasen said Michaels lived her life to the fullest and often ended her letters or emails with "sunny skies.". To The Daily Sun, One of my favorite meteorologists out of the Boston stations over the last couple of decades has been Mish Michaels. Mish was a friendly, reliable, curious meteorologist who loved science. Wroblewski brings you the NEXT Weather forecast weekend evenings on WBZ-TV, as well as contributing throughout the week. We'd love to hear eyewitness / CBS Boston. 2023 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC. Is there a winning weather day coming up? Were full of mea culpas.. Lexie became a Meteorologist after completing Mississippi State's Broadcast Meteorology program while reporting and forecasting in Portland. Leonard was also a meteorologist for radio station WROR-FM in 1980. You bet, Mastrodonato:FIFA president Gianni Infantino should be ashamed of ignorant remarks ahead of 2022 World Cup in Qatar, 'Significant burst' of heavy snow possible for areas of Massachusetts, up to 12 inches potential in spots, Alex Murdaugh killed wife, son to buy time, prosecutor says, Boston employee payroll data shows more big-money employees than ever. Copyright 2023 NewsCheckMedia LLC, 238 Crosshill Road, Wynnewood, PA 19096 | 610-649-7989. He anchors weather segments weeknights at 5PM, 6PM, and 11PM, as well as WBZ-TV News at 8PM on CBS News Boston and TV38. Delivery driver dies Tuesday after being struck by lumber in Gilford, Victim identified in Tuesday's fatal lumberyard incident, Letter to former employee cited as example of intimidation by Franklin police chief. Mish could have done anything she wanted.. The fact that she chose meteorology was not by chance; I believe it was meant to be. 2022 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Noyes said its absolutely dejecting when forecasts miss the mark. Mish would often end her letters or emails by saying "sunny skies". She revealed that she and her husband, Max Clemons II, had lost their baby. After more than a decade in the broadcast industry, Denise Isaac is taking a step back. Follow her on Twitter @JessicaHeslam. You have permission to edit this article. She could have been a leader in just about any industry. And she did just that. 2022 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. He is credited as the first meteorologist to correctly predict the impact and intensity of the infamous Blizzard of 1978. Read Eliasens full piece on WBZs website. Maddox Alexander was stillborn on January 30, 2020, at 1:24 a.m. He kept his eyes on the radar, slept for two hours and woke up at?5 a.m. yesterday.. There is no doubt in my mind, that if it weren't for Mish, my 20 years at WBZ would have never happened. Mish Michaels, a U.S. meteorologist, lost her job as a science reporter at WGBH's show "Greater Boston" last week after colleagues raised concerns about her views on vaccines and climate change. Ed Maibach, director for the Center for Climate Change Communication at George Mason University, apparently claims these climate change-denying meteorologists are not convinced about the science being settled, only because of their political ideology. I do feel and commiserate with everyone thats annoyed and offended by the forecast, Gutner said. A family friend confirmed her death in a post on Facebook and said her family is devastated by the loss. A Rhode Island native, Zack joined WBZ-TV in June 2019. WEATHERING THE STORM: WHDH-TV's (Ch. The CBS Boston team is a group of experienced journalists who bring you the content on CBSBoston.com. Jacob is a member of the National Weather Association and the American Meteorological Society. Born and raised in New England, Eric says there are few places on earth that produce weather like this little corner of the U.S. . He is treasured by them and by his newsroom family, and were glad that hell continue to contribute to StormTeam 5 in retirement.. She became interested by weather after a tornado tore through her apartment complex in Baltimore when she was in kindergarten. Its my last weekend working at 7News with my last day coming up this week, Jaisol wrote on Twitter. "The other guys couldn't get in.". Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Updated on: May 20, 2022 / 9:00 AM By Kevin Eck on Dec. 12, 2022 - 10:03 AM. racist or sexually-oriented language. Schwoegler, a top-rated . General Manager Phil Redo and executive producer Bob Dumas listened to Mr. Braude and they changed their minds. "It is with great sadness that we share the news of the passing of. 'A business decision': Why Gunstock ended SoulFest contract after 17 years, Best Care Ambulance closing a sign of 'EMS crisis', Winnisquam plans vacation week training amidst behavior problems, Following leadership resignations, including in Belmont, Next Level Church closes its doors, Franklin mayor stands by city manager, police chief following no-confidence vote. Now, it's my turn. June 7, 2018 / 6:51 PM / CBS Boston. Eliasen, an executive weather producer at WBZ, worked with Michaels for nearly 15 years and said in his remembrance that her death, for the first time in his 20 years at WBZ, left him not knowing what to write. Beloved Boston meteorologist Mish Michaels has died at the age of 53, CBS Boston announced Wednesday. Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com. Sarah Wroblewski is a meteorologist at WBZ-TV. He also provides weekday morning forecasts for CBS News Boston, our live streaming news service. Mish did just that. Well, to no one's surprise, given today's highly politicized media, Mish has just been fired from her job as a science reporter at WGBH-TV . The stories of the people she touched along her journey and the lives she enriched could fill thousands of pages, he wrote. Fellow Meteorologist Kelley said he was deeply concerned by what he sees as Michaels's firing. BOSTON - Former WBZ-TV meteorologist Bruce Schwoegler died Thursday at the age of 80. Boston meteorologist Jaisol Martinez has announced that shes leaving WHDH after four years at the station. Thank you for your love and support. Chief Meteorologist @kctv5 5pm, 6pm, & 10pm. We sincerely thank him for all he has done and what hell continue to contribute in his emeritus role., Harveys contributions to Channel 5s audience, to all of New England, and to the industry as a whole are legendary, said Margaret Cronan, WCVB news director. She became a household name while working at WHDH and then at WBZ from 2001-2009. An active member of the community, Leonard is involved in numerous local organizations including the Huntingtons Disease Society of America, and he participates in both the Walk to End Alzheimers and the Boston Prostate Cancer Walk. I remember her from her tenure on WBZ channel 4 from 2001 until 2009. In a statement posted on Facebook, Mish's husband called her a devoted mother, wife, daughter, auntie, friend, and stellar equestrian. Please enter valid email address to continue. Viewers who have gotten used to relying on Isaac for their timely weather updates have a lot of questions. 1:43 Beloved Boston meteorologist Mish Michaels has died at the age of 53, CBS Boston announced Wednesday . Prior to joining WCVB, Leonard was chief meteorologist at Bostons WHDH and at WPRI in Providence, R.I. Leonard began his forecasting career at Universal Weather Services Inc. Leonard joined WCVB in 2002 as StormTeam 5s co-chief meteorologist with his longtime friend Dick Albert, who retired in 2009. She began forecasting weather in the 1990s and joined us here at WBZ in 2001. Now includes Court & Cops on Mondays! Meteorologist Mish Michaels, best known for her on-air reporting in Boston, has died, a family friend announced on Facebook. This email address is already subscribed to the selected list(s). "Mish was so many things to so many people. Wankum, who has been a meteorologist in Boston for nearly three decades, will become StormTeam 5's weeknight meteorologist. Jim Braude, longtime esteemed left-leaning host of this show, raised concerns about whether Ms. Michaels was right for the job after she had already been vetted and hired. However, he will transition from his daily role to the position of chief meteorologist emeritus, contributing to severe weather and climate coverage. There was an error processing your request. Michaels might have ended up a famous artist, author, or equestrian (all some of her hobbies) had that storm not happened, wrote Eliasen. Leonard has also served as an honored guest speaker at Harvard Business School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Former longtime WBZ-TV meteorologist and Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame member Bruce Schwoegler has died, his family said Friday evening. Eric Fisher is Chief Meteorologist for CBS Boston's WBZ-TV. This information came from a report from Boston Globe reporter, Mark Shanahan. Her professional success was monumental, but so was her commitment to helping others through her philanthropic work," the post said. Spot TV Forecast: After Political Bonanza In 22, Flat Will Suffice For 23, Top 30 Station Groups: Standard General Leaps Into Second Place With Tegna Acquisition, 13th Annual Women In Technology Awards Reception, Revenue Strategies: Advanced Targeting for Local TV. WGBH fired science reporter for being a 'climate change denier', Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. In a field dominated by men for decades, Mish was determined to pave the way for women meteorologists, not just here in Boston, but throughout the country, Eliasen wrote. Your e-mail address will be used to confirm your account. On his way home from work midnight Thursday, WBZ-TV (Ch. Not in a million years were we thinking two feet of snow.. She was the most prepared, diligent, and dedicated meteorologist that I have ever worked with. Most knew her from her many years on TV in Boston. She then worked at The Weather Channel and later, WBZ. On a personal level, Mish was, in large part, responsible for shaping my career. Be Nice. He went on to pay tribute to Michaels, recounting her impact, determination, and their friendship. She writes about media, breaking news, politics and human interest, excelling at getting the tough interviews and giving readers some of Boston's most emotional stories. Notifications from this discussion will be disabled. We won't share it with anyone else. Pulitzer winner, Associated Press reporter Walter Mears dies at 87, Oscar-winning actor William Hurt dies at 71; starred in 'Body Heat' and 'Broadcast News', Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Lexie went to Wachusett High School and then onto Boston University where she majored in Broadcast Journalism. Zack Green is the weekday morning meteorologist for CBS Boston's WBZ-TV. Fisher is a frequent contributor to CBS News, often found reporting on breaking severe weather across the country. Stay up to date with everything Boston. Martinez started working at WHDH in 2018. It was a blown forecast, plain and simple, said WHDH-TV (Ch. To us, she was a friend. BOSTON (CBS) - We are incredibly sad to report the loss of a member of our WBZ family. The article goes on to say that "environmental advocates" are disturbed about those skeptical meteorologists not agreeing that the "science is settled." 5), meteorologist Mike Wankum said, You hate it, you hate it, you really do, when forecasts go wrong. that is degrading to another person. Zack graduated from the University of Delaware with a degree in Atmospheric Sciences. Don't knowingly lie about anyone Mish Michaels, who was part of our weather team for 7 years, has passed away. NewsCenter 5 Meteorologist David Brown is leaving WCVB-TV after 17 years to become the Chief Advancement Officer for the Forsyth Institute . Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. He won New England's first Emmy Award for Outstanding Meteorologist and eventually earned a spot in the Massachusetts Broadcaster's Hall of Fame, along with co-workers Jack Williams, Liz Walker and Bob Lobel. The one people remember is the last one you did, Wankum said. 'A brilliant writer':Pulitzer winner, Associated Press reporter Walter Mears dies at 87, 'Kiss of the Spider Woman':Oscar-winning actor William Hurt dies at 71; starred in 'Body Heat' and 'Broadcast News'. Her family released a statement announcing her passing on Wednesday but did not disclose her cause of death. He will begin his new role this fall. In the words of Mish's friend and colleague, WBZ-TV Executive Weather Producer Terry Eliasen: For the first time in my 20 years at WBZ, I sit at my keyboard not knowing what to write. NEEDHAM, Mass. And she did just that. The stories of the people she touched along her journey and the lives she enriched could fill thousands of pages. / CBS Boston. The WBZ NEXT Weather team is focused on keeping you prepared for what's next. Two stations launched 4:30 a.m. newscasts recently, hoping to attract more viewers and in turn, more advertisers. "I was four-and-a-half years old and we had a hurricane," he said. She was a devoted mother, wife, daughter, auntie, friend and stellar equestrian, as well as an award-winning broadcast meteorologist and environmental reporter., Mish had the ability to brighten up every room she entered. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Leal comes from Telemundo 52/KVEA in Los Angeles, Calif. Leal replaces former weekend meteorologist Denise Isaac. A supporter of science and learning, Eric is a member of both the Mount Washington Observatory and the Blue Hill Observatory here in New England. Known best for his years as a Boston meteorologist, Gross started at WNEV-TV (the present day WHDH-TV) in 1984 as a weekend meteorologist and science reporter. Her professional success was monumental, but so was her commitment to helping others through her philanthropic work, the statement said. Following Nichols' announcement about his Channel 8 departure, Williams . Remembering the life and legacy of meteorologist Bruce Schwoegler, Former WBZ-TV meteorologist Bruce Schwoegler. Former Boston meteorologist and science reporter Mish Michaels has died. Oh, did you think he and Michelle were going to ride off into the sunset like George and Laura Bush? Mish was so many things to so many people. WBZ released a statement saying in part, We are incredibly sad to report the loss of a member of our WBZ family. She began her meteorology career on WMUR in Manchester but quickly made it to "the big time" in Boston. Harvey Leonard, the former chief meteorologist of StormTeam 5 . [Mish Michaels] who was part of our weather team for 7 years, has passed away., In a field dominated by men for decades, Mish was determined to pave the way for women meteorologists, not just here in Boston, but throughout the country, said WBZ executive weather producer Terry Eliasen. 4) meteorologist Todd Gutner said the roads were wet. Mish was, in a word, brilliant. Outside of work, Lexie loves exploring new places around New England with her husband and young daughter, and enjoying New England's four seasons from skiing in the winter, to the beach in the summer. Which phenomena should groundhogs also be responsible for predicting? accounts, the history behind an article. You have to have alligator hide to be in this business, Bouchard said. I feel like I could type a 1,000 page novel but yet I have no words. "Mish had the ability to brighten up every room she entered. She elevated and inspired those around her. He anchors weather segments weeknights at 5PM, 6PM, and 11PM, as well as WBZ-TV News at 8PM on CBS News Boston and TV38. "For those that didnt know her, I feel I cannot possibly portray just how amazingly brilliant she was.". NBC10 Boston/ WBTS today announced the addition of Tania Leal as the station's new weekend morning meteorologist. It has been 70 years of . During her career, Michaels worked at CBS owned station WBZ ,WHDH and later WGBH. Prior to that, he was the weekday morning meteorologist for NBC10 in Providence, RI. 8 WBZ meteorologist Terry Eliasen penned a moving tribute on Wednesday remembering his former colleague Mish Michaels, a longtime broadcast meteorologist in Boston who died earlier this. In the spring of 1993, there was the "Storm of the Century" Blizzard, burying the region under nearly two feet of snow. Leonard has supported the work of the Boston Medical Center, the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency, and the Blue Hill Weather Observatory. Even though it had been some 13 years since we last worked together, Mish and I stayed in close contact. She started her news career as a reporter at WKTV in Utica, NY and then went onto WGME in Portland, ME where she found a new passion for weather. Our family is devastated by her loss. On his way home from work midnight Thursday, WBZ-TV (Ch. Over the course of his extraordinary career, and his two decades as chief meteorologist at WCVB, Harvey has had an indelible influence on all of those he has mentored, on the community organizations with which he is involved, and all of us here at Channel 5. WBZ meteorologist Terry Eliasen penned a moving tribute on Wednesday remembering his former colleague Mish Michaels, a longtime broadcast meteorologist in Boston who died earlier this week. Follow reporter Asha Gilbert @Coastalasha. Wycoff brings you the NEXT Weather forecast weekend mornings on WBZ-TV, as well as contributing throughout the week. BOSTON - Former WBZ-TV meteorologist Bruce Schwoegler died Thursday at the age of 80. Todd Gross is a meteorologist. Her cause of death was not disclosed and she leaves behind a husband, daughter, auntand a host of friends. First published on August 5, 2022 / 10:12 PM. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK. We worked together for nearly 15 years spanning two stations. She was the most prepared, diligent and dedicated meteorologist that I have ever worked with. Leonards career spans 50 years, with more than 45 of them forecasting weather in New England and 20 at WCVB. Meet the members of the WBZ NEXT Weather team, who aim every day to keep you informed. / CBS Boston. Im not happy with what I put out trust me.. Howie Carr: What's so urgent in Holbrook, Mr. Speaker? Use the 'Report' link on Apart from this, she is also widely recognized for her previous engagements in Boston, Massachusetts for NENC and NBC Boston. According to Eliasen, she began her career as a meteorologist at WMUR in Manchester, New Hampshire,before becoming a household name when she worked at WHDH in Boston, then WBZfrom 2001-2009. He kept his eyes on the radar, slept for two hours and woke up at?5 a.m. yesterday. Boston meteorologist Jaisol Martinez has announced that she's leaving WHDH after four years at the station. Thank God for Donald Trump's victory over the peerless paragon of political expediency herself, Hillary Clinton. Fisher is. We were way off there are no fancy words around it. She went on to be, in my mind, one of the all-time greats in Boston TV history and perhaps the most influential woman of her day in broadcast science. Keep it Clean. She immediately became the focal point, not because of any ego but instead just because, well, she was Mish. After a blunder like this, Noyes tells his weather team to just make sure youre covering it well now., We get things wrong, it goes with the territory, Noyes said. . As a bilingual personality, Leal will contribute to severe weather team coverage on Telemundo Nueva Inglaterra with meteorologist Cecy del Carmen. We need to make the most of our time on Earth. Lexie O'Connor is a meteorologist with the WBZ-TV NEXT Weather Team. She was let go from Boston public station WGBH as the stations science reporter in 2017 for her anti-vaccinations beliefs and possible views on climate change. Error! Mark Rosenthal, another former Boston area meteorologist from station WCVB, channel 5, has voiced his intense displeasure over the shabby treatment of Mish Michaels. Mish was, in a word, brilliant. From a small meeting space at WBZ to a weather conference with thousands of scientists, she had an aura about her that was evident. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Schwoegler was at WBZ for the Blizzard of '78. Glued to the red warnings crawling across the screen and watching the radar, his career in weather was born. Lakes Region Summer Fun Guide 2023: Book now! 1 Catholic Memorial; roundup/list of scores, Is the Massachusetts Gaming Commission still dragging its feet? The announcement of her death was made on Wednesday, March. . Mish could have done anything she wanted. Even Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino blamed them for the citys decision not to cancel school yesterday. During his long tenure at Channel 7, Leonard has been named "Best Meteorologist" by Boston Magazine in 1984, '86, '88, and '92. Would you like to receive a link to the Laconia Daily Sun online eEdition and preview the top stories? There's a new weather pattern emerging in Boston: For the first time, all five of the meteorologists on Boston's early morning and midday newscasts are women. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. 7) Pete Bouchard was among the meteorologists who were wrong about the snowfall. Most recently, Leonard and WCVBs entire weather and news team was awardedFirst Placeby the National Headliner Awards for the best severe weather reporting in the country. Choose wisely! Receive the latest news and breaking updates, straight from our newsroom to your inbox. Is there a risk of severe weather on the horizon? She could have been a leader in just about any industry. Jackie Layer is an American television personality who is probably best known for currently working for the 7News WDHD as a meteorologist of its 7News Weather Team. Check: Latest NEXT Weather forecast| Read: Latest NEXT Weather blog|Latest Eye on Earth stories. Over at WCVB-TV (Ch. Harvey Leonard is a former chief meteorologist on WCVB-TV Channel 5 in Boston, Massachusetts. Whether the weather was stormy or clear, WCVB-TV's former chief meteorologist Dick Albert, who was on the Boston airwaves for 31 years, always greeted NewsCenter 5 viewers with a sunny smile . A Navy veteran, author and teacher, Schwoegler had a knack for making complicated weather events simple with the help of his vibrant laugh. He was 92. When she walked in any room, she lit it up. Get TVSpy delivered straight to your inbox. But Mish was so much more. Eric Fisher is Chief Meteorologist for CBS Boston's WBZ-TV News and anchors weather segments weeknights at 5, 6, and 11 p.m., as well as WBZ-TV News at 10 p.m. on myTV38 (WSBK-TV). Be Truthful. For those that didn't know her, I feel I cannot possibly portray just how amazingly brilliant she was. Fisher joined WBZ-TV News from The Weather Channel in Atlanta where he spent three years as a Meteorologist. It offers the challenges of blockbuster snowstorms, hurricanes, tornadoes, heat waves, frigid cold snaps and dramatic seasonal shifts. When Mish was in kindergarten, a tornado tore through her apartment complex down in Baltimore, Maryland. Former Boston meteorologist and science reporter Mish Michaels has died. Mish had the ability to brighten up every room she entered, and we at WBZ are sending her family our love. 7) chief meteorologist Pete Bouchard, who fielded calls and emails from viewers upset over yesterdays harrowing morning commute. In 2016, Leonard was honored with the distinguished Governors Award for Lifetime Achievement by NATAS Boston/New England. "Environmental advocates" sounds so very Sierra Club warm and fuzzy doesn't it? "It's my last weekend working at 7News . Prior to that, Wycoff worked at EarthNetworks, the parent company for WeatherBug, where he covered multiple tropical systems and snow storms including hurricanes Earl, Irene, and Isaac. Create a password that only you will remember. I always read the nice comments yall leave and I cant thank yall enough for the support! Email: agilbert@usatoday.com. Braude was quoted as saying that she was just not a good fit for "Greater Boston." Michaels career included stints at MUR-TV in Manchester, N.H., WHDH-TV and WBZ-TV in Boston, and the Weather Channel, according to The Boston Globe. Don Kent, the man known as "Boston's first TV weatherman," has died. Leonard said: After five wonderful decades doing a job that I love, and after having received so many distinguished honors from dear colleagues and professional organizations, Ive decided its time to step back from my day-to-day role at WCVB and transition to contributing in a new way. Jacob Wycoff is a meteorologist at WBZ-TV. Bostons top TV meteorologists: We were all wet, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), High school tournaments: Winchester stuns No. each comment to let us know of abusive posts. He has earned four New England Emmy Awards for outstanding weathercasting. Michaels was a part of the weather team for the last seven years and "chased. Updated: 6:48 AM EST Jan 19, 2013. Updated on: August 8, 2022 / 6:21 AM Be Proactive. She was 53 years old. A month later, a small tornado touched down near his hometown and in 1996, the movie Twister was released, solidifying Wycoff's desire to one day become a meteorologist. It seems anything I say about Mish Michaels just isnt enough, Eliasen wrote. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Lexie joined the CBS Boston team in 2022 after working as the Morning Meteorologist on Portland's CBS and Fox morning show Good Day Maine, and she is excited to forecast for the communities she grew up in. If you lived here in the 90s and early 2000's, you knew Mish Michaels. I can't stop thinking about how blessed we were in the meteorological community that she chose us. degree in Atmospheric Science and a minor in Mathematics. Another report from another Boston Globe reported, David Abel, claims that she lost her job because of her views on climate change and shudder vaccines. View this post on Instagram. Success! person will not be tolerated. Harvey Leonard, the longtime, chief meteorologist at Hearst Television's ABC affiliate WCVB Boston, has announced his plan to retire from the helm of StormTeam 5 effective May 25. Status: This smokin' San Francisco 49ers cheerleader-turned-certified meteorologist has a knack for raising pulses across various markets including Sacramento, Phoenix and now Miami where she. Share with Us. Mish, I wish you eternal sunny skies," she concluded. Zack spent his early television years in Montana and North Carolina.