Harbor Creek's 2021 baseball season and Tim McQueeney's coaching career both ended against New Castle in Monday's PIAA Class 4A playoffs. 2021-22 IHSAA Class 3A Baseball State Tournament Class 3A State Championship, 2021-22 IHSAA Class 3A Baseball State Tournament S24 | Yorktown, Spring New Castle Trojans Varsity Baseball Season, Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger (Fort Wayne, IN). There is something for everyone here with just a few dollars anyone can utilize the: All baseball and softball players can develop their fielding, hitting and pitching skills with one on one or groupinstruction. Early Bird discount of 10% is available through December 31, 2022. New Castle earns school's 1st state baseball title. Now we can go play baseball, play a regular game. "We've got a seasoned team there's high expectations. For Ball, the last four years were anything but ideal. NBCL PONY Baseball teams practice and play home games in Newcastle and north-Renton. There will be no loss of eligibility for any participants in the 2023 season, essentially the PONY program will be four (4) months older starting in 2023. Job Details. March 2019. Coach Cooper's only regret is not getting younger guys more playing time, which he attributed to both the team's abundance of close contests and a talented senior class. "I like football and basketball and hockey. All rights reserved. * Sports Zone Baseball Academy is a 20,000 square foot facility. You can also, Professional training clinic for all coaches, Operation, administrative & insurance costs. One of them was the way he was prepared for the interview, the answers to how he was going to teach the situational part of baseball. While we discourage playing up - safety, maturity, leadership, etc - it is not prohibited. Miller struck out two batters apiece in the first three innings. I can remember when I was five, after my father took me to a (Cleveland) Indians game, that I tried to keep score of a game in my yard. On 4/25, the New Castle varsity baseball team lost their away conference game against Central Valley (Monaca, PA) by a score of 9-8. On 6/11, the New Castle varsity baseball team lost their neutral playoff game against Andrean (Merrillville, IN) by a score of 12-1. He said, Coach, listen, I have it today. "(Cooper) stood out for several reasons. The school corporation has not disclosed what prompted the . To help keep you up to-date on League information and schedules you can check back on the site. The New Castle (PA) varsity baseball team won Friday's neutral playoff game against Wyoming Area (Exeter, PA) by a score of 7-3. Rather than "roll over" when down in games, they continue fighting, and that's yielded comeback victories and increased confidence. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Its a happy feeling.. EPER - Assistant Varsity Baseball Coach job in New Castle at Colonial School District. Harbor Creek scored its three runs off. He also delivered a huge double down the left field line that helped propel New Castle to a 7-3 victory at Penn States Medlar Field at Lubrano Park. MIDDLETOWN, Ind. Key Pennsylvania high school baseball Week 8 games, computer rankings, stat leaders, schedules & scores - live & final. Todd Weischedel (Penn State Greater Allegheny) The 1980 Harbor Creek graduate retired with a record of 399-189-1. Creating a Stack Sports account and registering should be as easy as 1-2-3! And when I say all over, I mean every corner of the plate. Private & Group Lessons Stats are entered by the coach or designated team statistician in the admin. Aydan Decker-Petty lights up when talking about New Castle baseball. We have a great group of young men who bought in. Only former Tech Memorial coach Rich Matlak (405) is believed to have more among Erie County baseball coaches. He worked fast. Being around the game in a different capacityreinvigorated Ball's passion for baseball and allowed him to teach the more in-depth intricacies of pitching to this Trojan rotation. More experience has surely helped as well, but it starts with Cooper, his staff and the positive vibe they've brought to practices. The most recent updates will appear at the top of the wall dating back to prior seasons. Baseball Clinics & Camps * Off month's (May - September) is by appointment only. The home game allows you to hit be able to at home, allows you to prepare at home," Cooper said. 3153 New Butler Rd Welcome to the New Castle Baseball team feed. favorite_border. * One 35 foot long batting cage "The Little League in our town canceled games today so that young kids could watch us play, coaches could come and watch us play. Hooray. "We're going to look at the positives of this when all is said and done.". (Cooper) already had a history of knowing the kids he knew what their strengths and weaknesses were.". He struggled with his command, which coach Cooper attributed to nerves and "throwing" instead of "pitching.". Having played together almost all their lives, these playersknow what they're capable of. KOKOMO, Ind. That is the goal.". 615 talking about this. Next time we get someone on third, now they are going to think about it.. VIDEO: Rebel Yell Podcast: Boys Basketball Team of the Week: Deer Lakes, VIDEO: Rebel Yell Podcast: Girls Basketball Team of the Week: Union, VIDEO: Rebel Yell Podcast: Boys Basketball Player of the Week: Rodney Gallagher 3rd of Laurel Highlands, VIDEO: Rebel Yell Podcast: Girls Basketball Player of the Week: Maddie Webber of South Fayette, VIDEO: Rebel Yell Podcast: Boys Basketball Team of the Week: Penn Hills, 2023 TribLIVE High School Sports Network | All rights reserved, Penn-Trafford makes baseball coaching change, Pine-Richlands Joey Perry catches on with Seton Hall, Freeport pitcher Rape uses showcase to catch eye of Penn State, commits to Nittany Lions, Renovations moving quickly for Gateways state-of-the-art baseball, softball fields, Penn Hills girls basketball eager to get back on course. New Castle coaches and players pose for photographers on the field after defeating Wyoming Area in the PIAA Class 4A championship game Friday, June 18, 2021 at Penn State. That is when you give a little momentum to the other side. Save. An easier schedule to start the season got the ball rolling, allowing New Castle, which features several college commits, to find its groove early and shed the feelings of 2021. Cooper called Malott the team's main leader, especially by example, whileDecker-Petty (1.91 ERA, 39 strikeouts, 22 innings pitched) said he's always the "loudest guy" in the dugout. We felt like we had the energy.. Apply on company site. On 5/18, the New Castle varsity baseball team lost their home conference game against New Palestine (IN) by a score of 7-1. UNIVERSITY PARK With little more than a quick Internet search, a few conversations with a couple . They lost several close games a season ago, yet they've revamp their approach and won each tight contest thus far. "I like sports," McQueeney said. The Red Hurricanes also denied McQueeney his 400th victory as a high school baseball coach. Many PONY member organizations did not make the change years ago and this will help us realign our membership and ensure them additional opportunities in the PONY organization.. What we offer: Luckily,Shenandoah Athletic Director Todd Salkoski came to the rescue and allowed New Castle to use the Raiders' field for home games. Kent State recruit Rocco Bernadina pitched a one-hitter against Montour in the WPIAL finals, but New Castle turned to Miller Monday for the state semifinal. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Video: North Carolina kids nearly hit at bus stop, Residents told to shelter in place after train derails, Fire tears through building at Pennsylvania State, Marianne Williamson officially launches 2024 bid, New art exhibit coming to Jewish Community Center, Coincidence prompted Powerball winner to buy ticket, Participants Plunge into Chili charity benefit, Three things to know about what critics are calling, Tennessee Tech Clinches First Spot in Womens NCAA, Tom Brady Sends Message to Jon Jones Ahead of UFC, UFC 285 Live Blog: Daniel Cormier Dishes on Jon Jones, XFLs D.C. Defenders Reveal Fate of Beloved Fan Beer, Report: Wentz Open to Various Roles After Commanders, Reports: Eagles WR Zach Pascal Assaulted, Robbed, RB Bijan Robinson Explains Why Hes Worthy of Early, Kylian Mbapp Becomes PSGs All-Time Leading Goalscorer, East Palestine official details water testing, 1 killed amid turbulence event on business jet, Man murdered after lured outside by third party, Man, woman, 3 kids hit by semi on Ohio Turnpike, House where JonBent Ramsey found dead up for sale, Gone with the wind: How strong was the wind Friday, Rocco Rocky Lawrence Modarelli, Youngstown, Ohio, Local 7-year-old participating in pro-motocross race, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Friday, June 18, 2021 | 5:03 PM. MIDDLETOWN, Ind. You will have the ability to enter more than one player to your account. New Castle ended Harbor Creek's 2021 baseball season, as well as the end of Tim McQueeney's coaching career, with a victory in Monday's PIAA playoffs. I thought JJ was dominant once again, Wyoming Area coach Rob Lemoncelli said. New Castle, highlighted by Cade's two-run single and Logan Gibson's two-run double, sent 14 to the plate in a nine-run binge achieved after two outs. A two-run single by Cameron Williamson chased the University of Notre Dame recruit for Kent State recruit Rocco Bernadina. As summer turned to fall, it became clear to him and his family that some . . We do it, Cook said of the squeeze. "We want the world, that's for sure. If you use Club & League Connect by Stack Sports (formerly Bonzi) for other Leagues or Teams, you can use that same account here. by Rochester Events by Sport Football Wrestling Basketball Baseball Cheerleading and Dance Ice Hockey Show all Sports Contact 300 E Lincoln Ave New Castle, PA 16101-2530 Associations Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association The better we did, the more people showed up Every day I got 'Thank you' and 'We're proud of you. The support that we got all year was wonderful and I'm just happy to be a person who lives in New Castle. If you are new to Newcastle Baseball this year then follow the easy 1-2-3 steps below to create your account and register! You're helping your guys go out there and compete to the best of their ability.". We are usually a pretty sound defensive team, Lemoncelli said. I dont think they smashed him around the ballpark.. New Castle coaches and players celebrate on the field defeating Wyoming Area in the PIAA Class 4A baseball championship game Friday, June 18, 2021 at Penn State. That gave New Castle a lead it did not surrender. A bloop single here and there, they are going to get that. The right-hander worked the edges of the strike zone and drew a number of called strikes early in at-bats. The most recent updates will appear at the top of the wall dating back to prior seasons. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 12-1 loss vs. Andrean on 6/11/2022 3:30 PM. (Washington, Pennsylvania October 9, 2022) The PONY Baseball and Softball International Board of Directors has voted today to change the age determination date for baseball to April 30 effective for the 2023 baseball season. We want everything," Decker-Petty said. He's not technically retired but hasn't played in the minor leagues since his injury-riddled 2018 season, which led to surgeries to repair a groin impingement and fill a hole in his right ankle. The entire senior class, though, has done well to police themselves through the highs and lows of April, and Cooper is glad his talented players are living in the moment rather than looking ahead to their college careers. SPORTS ZONE ACADEMY The Red Hurricanes performed like a team whose record was vastly superior to 15-9. Vernon High School - Fortville New Castle High School N New Palestine High School Pendleton Heights High School S Shelbyville High School Yorktown High School Hoosier Heritage Conference Baseball has always been fun for me, whether it was the years I played baseball or softball or all these years I've coached. RELATED:Wapahani baseball defied expectations in semistate run, loses to Illiana Christian 6-0. Sign up to receive text and email alerts from your favorite teams. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 3-2 win vs. Guerin Catholic on 5/30/2022 5:30 PM. STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (WKBN) - New Castle topped Wyoming Area 7-3 to win the PIAA Class 4A Baseball state title on Friday at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park at Penn State University. Maybe it was the fact his Red Hurricanes were one win away from the state finals. Volunteer Schedule last updated on Feb 16, 2023 @ 9:29pm (GMT) Print Schedule Correction He was placedon administrative leave with pay from his physical education teaching position on March 2as the school corporation conducts an internal investigation into "'inappropriate conduct'involving a school employee," according to WRTV. McQueeney said that, like Harbor Creek's players, Monday's loss will linger withinhim for some time. Create Job Alert. NC Coaches Information (Password Protected), Trojan Fans make sure to get your Trojan gear before the start of winter sports The online store is open and closes Sunday, November 7 at 11:59pm We appreciate your support of New Castle Athletics!!! New Castle's stats have been entered for the 4-2 loss @ Shenango on 5/2/2022 4:00 PM. Ray Scala (Slippery Rock University) New Castle's stats have been entered for the 6-2 win vs. Jay County on 5/30/2022 10:00 AM. Make your payment, and you are done! Although that may lead to some growing pains next year, he still believes the returning group will compete. Coach Cooper, along with a strong coaching staff, brought stability to a program that entered 2022 unsure what to expect. That wasn't the case in 2021, when the Trojans underachieved with a 12-16 record and a sectional . That's not from medisliking the game, it's just me not being able to be out there to compete with them," Ball said. Although Cooper doesn't want to declare postseason success, he said the "skies the limit" for the Trojans if they continue working to improve and not let their record balloon their egos. These kids, most of them will never play in front of a crowd this big again. "I'd be lying if I said it wasn't frustrating, but it's more frustrating because (of the travel time). Colonial School District New Castle, DE (On Site) Full-Time. * Two 70 foot long batting / pitching cage. Sike gave up one run on three hits. The Red Hurricanes end the championship season with a record of 18-9, ending the campaign with nine consecutive victories. On 6/4, the New Castle varsity baseball team won their neutral playoff game against Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger (Fort Wayne, IN) by a score of 5-4. Despite the run-rule loss, head coach Josh Cooper was upbeat. It was agroup of guys, some with futures at Div. On 5/9, the New Castle varsity baseball team won their home conference game against Blackhawk (Beaver Falls, PA) by a score of 6-5. Jugs pitching machines (baseball & softball), This website is powered by SportsEngine's. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 6-5 win vs. Blackhawk on 5/9/2022 4:00 PM. Mason Sike handled the final three innings in relief. The Trojans' home field will hopefully be ready in May. You will recieve a confirmation email once you are successfully registered in our system. The foundation is built & the bar is set. Harbor Creek scored its three runs off New Castle pitcher Anthony Miller in the top of the fifth. "We won a (District 10) region that included (Cathedral) Prep and McDowell. New Castle, PA 16101, * Sports Zone Baseball Academy is a 20,000 square foot facility. Bernadina got all but the final two outs of the game after being lifted following his 108th pitch. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. (Bernadina) spoiled a really good pitch with two strikes, Lemoncelli said. Chris Coennen (Slippery Rock) New Castle coach Bill Cook and pitcher Rocco Bernadina celebrate together on the field after defeating Wyoming Area in the PIAA Class 4A championship game Friday, June 18, 2021 at Penn State. GOLF:New Castle's Derek Tabor wins regional, Dillon Bergum and Riley Bratton advance to state. That includes New Castles 5-0 win over Montour in the WPIAL finals June 2. It's a lot different. In the fifth, Miller hit a leadoff single, stole second and scored on Logan Gibsons two-out single. We felt amazing., I stopped, took a deep breath, looked around and said, This is unbelievable, Cook said. We tried to mess up his tempo a little bit but he was good. New Castles starting pitcher Rocco Bernadina is given hugs by family and friends in the stands after defeating Wyoming Area in the PIAA Class 4A championship game Friday, June 18, 2021 at Penn State. New Castle High School Rochester Area High School Mar 16, 2023 | 12:30 PM PDT Rochester, PA Pub. Welcome to the New Castle Baseball team feed. Senior ace Aydan Decker-Petty entered the contest with a 2.64 ERA, yet the Andrean lineup hit him early and often. Key Pennsylvania high school baseball Week 10 games, computer rankings, stat leaders, schedules & scores - live & final. Once Bernadina began to work off his fastball and started getting a feel for his secondary pitches, the Kent State bound right-hander found his groove. New Castles Dante Micaletti celebrates fter hitting double during a PIAA semifinal game against Montour on June 14, 2021, at Neshannock. The feeling right now, I wish I had the word for it. I dont, Cook said. Despite the turbulence, the Trojans are 10-0 and have hovered in and out of theIHSBCA coaches poll top-10. VOLUNTEERS / COACHING: As you know, Newcastle Baseball is dependent on its parents who volunteer to help in many areas. Follow him on Twitter @GusMartin_SP, and contact him at gmartin@gannett.com or 765-729-4742. * Equipped with a40foot ceiling and excellent lighting. Ball, a former Trojan left-handed pitcher drafted seventh overall by the Boston Red Sox in 2013, hasn't enjoyed his baseball experiences for some time. New Castle - Official Athletic Website - New Castle, IN New Castle High School Hoosier Heritage Conference D Delta High School Greenfield-Central High School Mt. New Castle Baseball Schedule 2022-23 OVERALL 0-0 0.00 Win % CONFERENCE 0-0 1st WPIAL 5A 3 HOME0-0 AWAY0-0 NEUTRAL0-0 PF0 PA0 STREAK- Ways you can help Make an impact on this team, and help keep MaxPreps up-to-date. New Castle's Anthony Miller celebrates during a PIAA semifinal game against Montour on June 14, 2021, at Neshannock. #GoTrojans Link: https://2021nchsatheticfanwear.itemorder.com/shop/sale/, Trojans, New Castle students that plan to play for any future Trojan Athletics teams should submit them form below. On 4/26, the New Castle varsity baseball team won their home conference game against Central Valley (Monaca, PA) by a score of 4-1. MIDDLETOWN, Ind. PLAYING UP: Several parents have asked about Playing Up (that is, trying out for a division higher than would be age correct for your player). Hooray, To determine which division your player belongs to, check out the official PONY Baseball League Age Key, VOLUNTEERS / COACHING: As you know, Newcastle Baseball is dependent on its parents who volunteer to help in many areas. Free shipping for many products! Tribune-Review New Castle scored twice in the first inning and added one in the fifth. Follow him on Twitter @GusMartin_SP, and contact him at gmartin@gannett.com or 765-729-4742. Spring is near, register for spring sports and 2023-24. Position Type: EPER/Coach Date Posted: 1/6/2023 . "We played teams down in Florida early (in the season) that were state champions," he said. The lineup tallied just three hits, one double by senior Corbin Malott, and senior Bryce Jenkins notched the lone RBI. The Indiana University commit lasted just 2.2innings, his shortest outing of the season, and allowed season-highs in earned runs (eight) and hits (eight) with four strikeouts and two walks. New Castle rallied from a 3-0 deficit but went on to take a 4-3 lead in the bottom of the fifth inning. That wasn't the case in 2021, when the Trojans underachieved with a 12-16 record and a sectional championship loss. Wapahani baseball defied expectations in semistate run, loses to Illiana Christian 6-0, New Castle's Derek Tabor wins regional, Dillon Bergum and Riley Bratton advance to state, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. New Castle baseball senior Corbin Malott pitched 3.2 perfect innings to close out his team's 3-2 sectional championship win against Guerin Catholic at Yorktown High School on Monday, May 30, 2022. Recap Box Score Photos Live Broadcast Matchup Game Stats Wyoming Area (20-21) New Castle (20-21) By: Another in the sixth, when the Hurricanes scored three times to put the game away, helped keep the inning rolling. A statement like that coming out of a guy whos thrown a no-hitter to hear that, its a good feeling as a head coach.. The right-hander also committed a throwing error on a pickoff attempt during New Castle's two-run second. Registration for the 2023 spring season is OPEN for all recreation divisions! You just tip your cap to New Castle. Every pitch his fastball, his curveball, his change-up he was in the zone.. "Growing up I witnessed guys who had already signed to go to college someplace, they were already thinking about that so their senior year was was mediocre. On 6/4, the New Castle varsity baseball team won their neutral playoff game against Wawasee (Syracuse, IN) by a score of 9-0. Although he joined the team with less than a week before its first game, Baker was confident Cooper would seamlessly assimilate himself into the group. Gus Martin is a sports reporter at The Star Press. The kids a really good player.. Looking for 21-22 info? Follow him on Twitter @ETNcopper. Frank McMann was then brought in to lead the program, but quit after just a few days. FIELDS: We're excited to again host most of our Shetland, Pinto and Mustang practices and games at Risdon Middle School this year. There wasn't much the Trojans could do. Malott (1.730 OPS, 12 RBI's) said the team came together early in the season, recognizedthat there was adversity but refusedto let it break their spirits. An MRI revealed that his first ankle surgery didn't take and the hole reappeared, forcing him to undergo a similar surgery in April 2021. Monday, June 14, 2021 | 7:40 PM. This has been an ongoing topic of discussion and debated since we changed the date back to August several years ago, stated PONY President Abraham Key. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 9-8 loss @ Central Valley on 4/25/2022 4:00 PM. Sure, a few early plays didn't go their way, and maybe a different tone could've been established. I saw the mayor here. We felt confident, Miller said of facing Montour again. Over the past couple of years, there has been a lot of discussion about the PONY age determination date. Welcome to the New Castle Baseball team feed. Get similar jobs sent to your email. New Castles Dominic Fornataro, left, and catcher Josh Work celebrate on the field after winning the PIAA Class 4A championship against Wyoming Area on Friday, June 18, 2021 at Penn State. "Two of them had guys who are getting drafted (by Major League Baseball franchises) and one of them had five guys who were all going to the University of Miami (Florida). He was on today. MANCHESTER, England (AP) Manchester City passed a huge test of its Premier League title credentials by beating Newcastle 2-0 on Saturday as a couple of big calls by Pep Guardiola paid off in a . Two weeks after winning the teams first WPIAL title, New Castle could add a state title. We knew we would have a chance to come out on top.. While we are disappointed we came up short of the goals we set. To help keep you up to-date on League information and schedules you can check back on the site. Players can live anywhere in western Washington (no league boundaries), but are mostly from Newcastle, Renton, Issaquah and Bellevue. Those feats should satisfy most. Miller scored later on a Montour throwing error for a 2-0 lead. For those of you returning to Newcastle Baseball this year sign in using the same email and password that you created last season, simply sign-in and register!. The most recent updates will appear at the top of the wall dating back to prior seasons. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 7-1 loss vs. New Palestine on 5/18/2022 5:30 PM. That was enough run support for Miller, who improved to 9-1 with a 1.62 ERA. We are all excited about the coming season and look forward to seeing everyone at the ballpark again this Spring. We are humbled by the outpouring of support. Coach Cooper said he'll discuss his options with his family and athletic director Ron Baker, but will organize summer workouts for younger players regardless of his future "because that's what they deserve they need to be getting better instantly and working.". Brad Pearson led the team for just one season before resigning on March 9. Contact Mike Copper at mcopper@timesnews.com. Coach Cooper said he brought a professionalism to the group as the kids learned how to properly prepare and thinkthe game, which bolstered the performances Decker-Petty, Cooper, Malott and others as the season progressed. Please send any registration questions to [emailprotected]. If you have any interest in helping as a Head or Assistant Coach, at any level, please email, Please send any registration questions to. By changing the date, we will now align with a large majority of youth baseball organizations. ", RELATED:Wes-Del football coach Ryan Cole hired at Centerville; Ball State men's, women's basketball news. IP-H-R-ER-BB-SO: HC -- Co.Smith (L) 2-5-5-5-4-4, A.Vaughn 2/3-4-9-0-3-2, Miller 1 1/3-1-0-0-1-3; NC -- Miller (W) 4 2/3-5-3-3-2-5, Bernadina 1/3-0-0-0-0-1, Final out of Harbor Creek's 2021 baseball season. He was very detailed," Baker said. * One 55 foot long batting cage * One 35 foot long batting cage On 5/30, the New Castle varsity baseball team won their neutral playoff game against Jay County (Portland, IN) by a score of 6-2. "I've enjoyed the ride. New Castle (18-6-1) made history in 2022, winning the team's first regional title since 1996after beginning the season 10-0and preseason coaching turnover. Fill out the registration form, including Parent information as well as information about your player. New Castle, highlighted by Cade's two-run single and Logan Gibson's two-run double, sent 14 to the plate in a nine-run binge achieved after two outs. Arm Care / Velocity Program Now, theyre hopeful many of those wearing red and black might follow them to Penn State. Two Wyoming Area errors contributed to New Castles first run of the day. Its an emotional feeling. Those thoughts, though, would eventually give way to the realization the Huskies' 2021 season ranks among their best. "They could have hung it up after we got beat four straight games in conference, but they chose not to. Further, if you're interested in helping with the growth and success of the League, we welcome your attendance at Board Meetings. It went about as well as it could've, but he hasn't decided if he'll again weargreenin 2023. Cooper credited his experienced coaching staff, many of whom he's known for several years, for getting the players prepared without an official head coach. Trojan Gymnastics advances as a team to the IHSAA Regionals. But baseball has always been my number one sport. Harbor Creek renamed its baseball field in his honor two years later. Miller also had two hits and scored twice. "That's who we all had in our head as who we wanted to be our coach he's coached us our whole life, so we knew that chemistry was there and he knew how to win.". That forced Athletic Director Ron Baker to conduct a coaching search as preseason practices started, and after considering six candidates, Josh Cooper was the obvious choice. NEW CASTLE The New Castle High School Varsity Baseball coach resigned this week as the school corporation conducts an internal investigation. Help this team get started or use the top navigation to find past season schedules, scores, rosters and more. WEXFORD -- Weather delays forced the first pitch for Monday's PIAA Class 4A baseball game between Harbor Creek and New Castle to be tossedmore than 2 1/2 hours later than scheduled. Montours only run came in the fourth on an RBI single by Sike. You can contact Chris by email at charlan@triblive.com or via Twitter . UNIVERSITY PARK With little more than a quick Internet search, a few conversations with a couple of coaches and the eye test of watching Wyoming Area go through infield-outfield drills prior to the start of the game, New Castle didnt know much about its PIAA Class 4A championship game opponent Friday afternoon. (note: the leagues registration system will direct you to the correct division based on the entered birthdate)ASSESSMENTS: Mandatory player skills assessments will take place on Saturday, February 4th, see Assessment Policies for details. That's when the Red Hurricanes hastened the end of the Huskies' season and Tim McQueeney's lengthy coaching career. We are also looking for hourly workers to watch over the facility.