Job did an amazing job on that place the first time, and after all Jon did for Terry (the owner), I cant believe that Terry let that place go to shit again! It was crazy to me right off the bat (heh) that Jon was trusting Terry's version of things. The staff had heart and passion for the bar. You can also use the filters on the side to only view the bars from a specific season. I'm also the guy who's always glued to an LCD screen of some sort. Their unsanitary practice also increased the risk of a fruit fly infestation which can of course be harmful to patrons. Customers at Second Base last week said they felt the bar had been misrepresented on the show. While around half of the bars have closed and there are plenty of Bar Rescue failures, there are also a lot of Bar Rescue success stories and Jon Taffer has one of the best success rates of any reality TV rescue show. 39K subscribers. Best episode. Girl with Deadly Inherited Condition Cured with Gene Therapy. I list them by the name that Jon Taffer gave them. sad event in an article from CBS Los Angeles, Pineapple Hill Grill / Renz Social House in Tustin, https://www.yelp.com/biz/second-base-bar-and-grill-orange-2, https://www.facebook.com/SecondBaseBarGrill/, Peter's Italian Restaurant - Kitchen Nightmares. But despite his anger, Jon was still willing to help. Now that weve recapped the Second Base Bar Rescue episode, lets talk about what happened to the bar after Jon Taffer and his crew left Orange, CA. The renovations dont come for free this time as Taffer had an offer for Bryant: the team will only start working on the bar if the owner was willing to invest $30 grand just to show that he cared for Second Base. To make matters worse Bryant and general manager Gary blamed each other for the bars dying state. Still Taffer tried to see if the establishment was still rescuable and brought in champion bartender Lisa Marie Joyce to help revive the bar area. As Joyce and the girls cleaned the counters Bryant took offense at what Joyce said and told her, I dont need you to clean my bar. Bryant stood his ground as Taffer grilled him for what he did and the owner also had the host out of the bar. Will Jon save this bar once again? hes only using it as a tax write off for his other bar this is his loser bar which he needs for tax purpose only. They did none of that. In our full Bar Rescue open or closed list, we take a look at the failure rate for the various bars he tried to turn on around as of 2023. I don't like the show so much when I'm rooting against the bar. Piratz, Brixton, Dirty Rooster, MT Bottle, Drunken Donkey, Baseline Bar). It was just never addressed aloud on the show.Secondly, I'm guessing Taffer realized that family-friendly, "approachable sexuality" was no longer a viable option in an area flush with successful, non-bikini sports bars - especially now that the place is carrying the stigma of a shooting. Sara Salazar Buyer at HUSTLER HOLLYWOOD Beverly Hills, California, United States 158 followers 142 connections Join to view profile HUSTLER HOLLYWOOD Activity Vampyre Magazine LLC Rachel. That would have been neat, give Gary and the girls a stake in the business. The place smells like an outhouse on a warm day. I also never see them play the Stand Up Scottsdale episode on Paramount TV, but I think its still available on streaming (not 100% sure though). Did this bar in Orange need a rescue? Its not making any money right now but has the potential. Hes heard these things from other people. They would have had to peel me out of his ass if he ever disrespected me the way he did to John, and the people there to help him. Her newest took years to publish. These people made a lot of bad decisions that got me there, Taffer said in a recent interview. You are missing a few bars. Reality TV show made second visit to Second Base, Rowdy crowd temporarily pauses Rolling Loud fest, but the party continues in Inglewood. Issues like this, and others, led to the bar going downhill (or even more downhill). He would have followed through with a new concept & remodel (including new uniforms) if things had played out differently. 10.7K followers. Here are a few other examples of negative reviews that happened after the visit from Jon Taffer. Taffer also called out the bar staff for not cleaning the establishment adequately. During the staff meeting Taffer learned about Bryants treatment of the employees as if they were expendable and the latter even had the gall to blame the Bar Rescue host for what happened to Second Base. Those cases are a really small percentage, though. More posts from r/sarasalazar. Is there anything you can do to help him? Contact us: [emailprotected]. Dozens of scantily clad women showing off their breasts cant be wrong. In fact, the bars official website and social media profiles lean heavily into the scantily clad women angle. , Hannah, Mayra and our favorite of all and newest bartender Chelsea. Arrogant, devoid of humanity, incredibly inept business owner, should be jailed for health violations. I thought about Piratz too!! I usually only catch the older ones, & often wonder where they are now. They just needed to get inspired again. My thoughts exactly! All comments are the sole opinion of the commenter and are not endorsed by RealityTVUpdates. Youre delusional!. The first Bar Rescue episode at Second Base was filmed in May 2012 and aired in October 2012, Salazar said. I miss Robin & in my opinion was the nicest & hottest server there. If I had $30,000, why would I need to go on Bar Rescue? Bryant said. Couple questions: Feb 23, 2017. i'm "trolling" cause i've been told "for a good laugh check it out!". This TV program regularly calls bars fishing for opportunity. E.g. Youre right that Im missing The Lost Episode with South Park. Sounds like out of the 2, 2nd base is the only one making any money. He clearly wanted a makeover (got it) didn't keep the work required and thought that he would get another re-rescue for free.ahahahahaha, spare me dude. Profits are still declining. While Brooke and Colonna entered the bar to do recon, Taffer summoned Bryant to his car. I give them props for positively responding to Taffer's support and motivation, but they lost major points with me for their complacency. Your poor grammar and lack of spelling ability is not going to take you very far in life otherwise. That the shooting happened behind the bar doesn't mean much. Aade nuevas aptitudes con estos cursos Customer Service Leadership Strategic Planning: Case Studies . The owner is a douche. The successful restaurants have actually embraced the knowledge of the experts and Jon Taffer. He and his crew do wonderful rescues, train bartenders and cooks. To say 52% closed is a misleading statistic. I definitely take my hat off to Taffer. Despite his outspoken nature, Howard from Stand-up Scottsdale used to include as seen on Bar Rescue in his voicemail prompt when you called the venue back in 2016, even after he moved the location. I was hoping that when Taffer started showing the $100,000 new design, he was going to tell us that he's decided to open a competing bar right next door and how all the staff,them run that lousy owner out of business once and for all. I have visited 2 of the bars in Georgia where I live and actually went a spoke to the owners. BUT WHAT REALLY COOKED IT FOR ME WAS WHEN HE TOTALLY DISRESPECTED LISA MARIE WHEN SHE WAS IN THERE TRYING TO HELP CLEAN. What's this guy's excuse? document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()), The Gazette Review is your daily news source covering everything from world news to personal finance. @SecondBaseBar. Its really hard to change human behavior. Spoiled food, Nasty Kitchens. The shows formula is that bar consultant and host Jon Taffer goes to a struggling bar and tries to whip the staff and management into shape to improve business, suggesting changes in decor and service, doling out loud, and often bleeped, critiques in the process. Jimmy's - OPEN. I wasnt sure where the heck the smell was coming from, but couldnt seem to avoid it. After the episode sales went through the roof and the future of the bar looked bright. He doesnt care about them. I think its bullshit..bar rescue taffer kne he wasn't gonna throw down 30K ..if he could, taffer wouldn't have to re-rescue bar..and who deserves a 2nd chance anyway when 1000s of other bars in need of help, this guy was a loser ..talking to girl mixokogist who helping clean that literal toilet, guy was a skumbag and he just fucked all his employees, they'll be better in long run ..but what a shitty thing to do. On the other hand, he said, making the place into a sports bar specifically would have meant that business would drop off once televised games were over for the night and people left for other late-night activities such as clubbing. I think he should have kept what Terry said in mind, then questioned the staff to hear their version, rather than just blowing up on Gary because Terry said he was responsible. Extremes never has $180k debt. Second Base Bar & Grill is open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun. Bar Rescue - Bonny and Read's (Toucan's Oceanside Bar Rescue - Clear Bar (Underground Wonder Bar) Up Bar Rescue - Second Base Bar and Grill Update, This is the second time Jon Taffer has walked out on a bar, with the other bar being. 101 of the bars from Bar Rescue are still open while the remaining 113 bars have closed as of 2023. FWIW, the Lost Episodes bar was already closed when they aired the episode, and the location stood empty as of late 2022. You HAVE to give this Terry guy some credit. Their have been about three other episodes besides the piratz where the bar owners were fucking fools. I do restaurant consultation as well. I stopped going here at the last time because there are too many other places that better. So is Second Base still open after Jon Taffers second attempt? For example, the Second Base Instagram page is pretty much what youd expect. Ahh I see. This is a breast-aurant with women in bikinis. Obviously wasn't going to be redone once we hit the 3/4 mark with no renovation. I think he should hire that Crystal chick from Second Base to be one of his recon people. Sara Salazar Assistant Vice President at Marsh Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 547 followers 500+ connections Join to connect Marsh The University of British Columbia Activity I can't believe. Thank you in advance for your help. Sara Salazar See Photos Profile @sara.aguirre.3323 Los Angeles, California Sara Salazar See Photos Lives in Chicago, Illinois Sara Salazar See Photos Works at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Sara Salazar See Photos Sara Salazar See Photos Sara Salazar See Photos Sara Salazar See Photos Maria Sara Salazar See Photos Sara Salazar See Photos You have entered an incorrect email address! HOLA #MiercolesDeGanarSeguidores SGUEME Y TE SIGO SGUEME Y TE SIGO SGUEME Y TE SIGO jajaja . There are plenty of bars that kept Taffers name/concept and still ended up closing (and plenty that went back to their old ways and closed, of course). Her super low cut tops were the best part of the first season. The employees knew that he was more than capable of coming up with the dough as he invested in the other bars that he owned. I think the reason is quite simple. Thank God they have!!! Harmless entertainment with manufactured outrage and cliches, oh let's not forget the cliches, falling from their lips like grass before the scythe. The bartenders and Gary put the blame on Bryant for the bars current condition which the owner vehemently denied. He did praise Gary and the employees and told them that they earned his respect. I was working when this episode was on new, but thank you Spike for running it again. Thanks for what you do, it would be interesting to know, open versus closed of the owners that embraced and continued Jons systems that he put into place. Director Glenn GT Taylor See production, box office & company info In the following meeting Bryant was proud that Second Base was rated as one of the best bars in the area but later on he expressed his cooperation to make Taffer invest money into Second Base. The Crowne Irish Pub - CLOSED. Its funny that everyone believes the line of BS this show says.