Personally, though, I found it disappointing. WebStubHub's Field Operations. "In a world where the richest moments in life are becoming less about the things people have and more about the experiences they have to share, the acquisition of Ticketbis will allow us to connect millions more people with inspiring events, said Scott Cutler, President of StubHub. For more information on StubHub, visitStubHub.comor follow @StubHub onTwitter,FacebookandInstagramorYouTube.com/StubHub. Together, the StubHub and Ticketbis marketplaces represent tremendous value and opportunity for fans around the world to experience the events they love, whenever and wherever they are. It was highly stressful work for everyone, conducted swiftly under a time crunch, but the entire company came together to help get it done, showing great flexibility, understanding and resiliency, as well as a sense of urgency. 1412 Broadway, New York, 10018, USA. Open our virtual assistant, click on "Contact WebStubHub believes everyone deserves access to the joy of live experiences, no matter what their circumstances. To subscribe, click on the button below and copy the URL into an RSS reader. stubhub inc. We are thrilled to be a part of the eBay family, and we look forward to continuing our innovation in ticketing as part of the StubHub brand.. StubHub doesnt offer live chat, but you can DM them on Facebook or Twitter to talk to someone online. StubHub gets a lot activity from users on Facebook than it does on Twitter. Londons Investment Appeal Is Unraveling as Arm Heads to the US, UN report: Modern weapons being smuggled to Haiti from US, British Parents Turn to Home Equity to Help Young Buy Property, Japanese Unions Seek Biggest Pay Rise in 25 Years for Workers, Sorry, Fed, Most US Mortgage Rates Were Locked In During Pandemic Lows, Federal Grants Aim to Reconnect Communities Divided by Highways, Amazon Is Closing Its Cashierless Stores in NYC, San Francisco and Seattle, China E-Commerce Giant JD Set for $1.4 Billion Discount Spree, In Blacklisting Inspur, US Targets Partner Used by Intel and IBM, OpenAI Rival Stable Diffusion Maker Seeks to Raise Funds at $4 Billion Valuation, Between Rounds of Golf, Trumps Searching for the Perfect DeSantis Diss, Your Saturday UK Briefing: Sunak Chalks Up a Win as the Budget Looms, Harrods Shrugs Off Recession Fears as Rich Get Richer, FT Says, Wealthy NYC Family Feuds Over $258 Million Madison Avenue Sale, Tom Sizemore, 'Saving Private Ryan' Actor, Dies at 61, The Exhibit Reality TV Show PittingArtist Against ArtistIs No Masterpiece. Cons Our business partners include more than 60 teams in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus ESPN, NBC Digital, AEG and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. StubHub did end up achieving industry consolidation during my tenure, but not in the way I envisioned. They mention on their website that you should call their normal customer service number to ask about adding an event. Oscar Ferruz Director of Supply, Primary and Operations. If a crisis like this had hit us earlier, wed have been in better shape to weather it. After leaving Joyus, I took several months off to evaluate different opportunities to lead a larger company, hopefully in e-commerce. StubHubs New York City flagship was designed byGenslerand is now open every day, Monday Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer. As a small thank you, wed like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). In January of 2019, activists took a stake in eBay, joined the board, and petitioned it to sell StubHub in order to create more shareholder value. Our RSS feed includes all eBay news articles published on this website. Since I had no interest in serving as StubHubs number two leader after the merger, he and I agreed amicably that I would depart shortly after the transaction closed. Eric holds a BA in English from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and an MEd in secondary education from DePaul University. The below posting was originally published on May 24th, 2016: San Jose, California eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) today announced an agreement to acquire Ticketbis, an international ticket marketplace with a presence in 47 countries. Will His AI Plans Be Any Different? Enjoying This Built In Excerpt? StubHub is the largest ticket marketplace in the world and enables fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want. Depending on who acquired us, I might have the opportunity to lead the company post-sale, or I might not. Stubhub serves customers worldwide. We did the best we could, offering a combination of 120 percent credits on the site toward future purchases and cash refunds in certain states, and trying to communicate transparently. Olivier Ropars Vice President & CMO. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. Within a seven-day span, StubHub went from handling more than a billion dollars in ticket sales in any given quarter to almost nothing. Field Operations and Last Minute Services. Looking for More Built In Book Excerpts?My Secret to the Success of Amazon? She also founded Joyus, the first video commerce marketplace online, was CEO of Polyvore, the leading fashion and lifestyle platform and was previously the Founder & SVP of business development at leading fintech platform Yodlee. Singh Cassidy succeeds Scott Cutler at StubHub, who recently became SVP and head of eBays Americas business unit. Call 1-866-788-2482 to speak to a customer service representative from StubHub. StubHubs New York City flagship was designed by Gensler and is now open every day, Monday Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Singh Cassidy brings decades of leadership and technology experience as a founder and CEO spanning ecommerce, digital content and business development. The store also includes other customer experience enhancements such as a photo booth and ticket kiosks where fans can find upcoming events around New York City and anywhere else around the world. I would have a full mandate to lead the company operationally, to further shape its culture, and to frame its strategies within the context of its parent company, eBay, which had owned StubHub for close to a decade. Two big events changed our journey, one of them a subway (an occurrence we could potentially anticipate), the other a coconut (a freakish, truly unexpected event). I was prepared to take on this type of corporate risk, which would directly impact my own ability to succeed in the job, although I took care to include protections in case of a company merger or acquisition when negotiating my employment contract. The flagship is located at 1412 Broadway on the corner of Broadway and 39th St in Manhattan. Somehow, Id have to navigate us through it. It is the tech industrys definitive destination for sharing compelling, first-person accounts of problem-solving on the road to innovation. A former educator and poet, his work has appeared in Carcinogenic Poetry, Shot Glass Journal, Prairie Margins, and The Rusty Nail. How do I ask Stub Hub to list an event for which I have tickets? wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. The sale price was a record sum for eBay, making the deal a massive professional success for me and my team. The acquisition of Ticketbis is StubHubs latest geographic expansion, preceded by the launches in Mexico in May 2016, Germany in September 2015 and the UK in March 2012. The business owners that power this multibillion dollar industry are changing, and a new era of the business of sports is underway. In March, the entertainment industry crashed. Instead of StubHub acquiring another player in live entertainment, as I had lobbied for we would be the company acquired. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards. customersupportuk@stubhub.co.uk. Among our most difficult decisions was the need to let go roughly two-thirds of our U.S. business employees given our steep decline in business volume. I live in Singapore where the StubHub app is not avail. Enjoy! Sukhinder Singh Cassidy will become the president of StubHub, a division of eBay Inc., starting May 2. Todays news builds on StubHubs history of innovation and strong tradition of firsts, which include forging the first ticket guarantee that covered both buyers and sellers in 2006; launching the industrys first ticketing app on iOS devices in 2010; being the first ticketing company with stadium naming rights in 2013; and now, becoming an international ticketing leader by adding the Ticketbis business to its offerings. Ticketbis makes it easy for users to attend events all over the world. I expected the job to be challenging and anticipated risks to my professional success related to my leadership execution, competition and changing priorities from our corporate parent. It You should not rely on any forward-looking statements. Alternatively, you can send us an email at WebStubhub Corporate is the exclusive B2B division of Stubhub, an eBay company and the worlds largest ticket marketplace. StubHub, a ticket reseller born in San Francisco, will close its SoMa office and lay off more than a hundred workers. StubHub was a brand I knew and loved. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. Eric Baker Founder. Singh Cassidy has also held senior leadership positions at Google, including President of Googles Asia Pacific and Latin America business for more than five years and started her career at Amazon and Merrill Lynch. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. The flagship is located at 1412 Broadway on the corner of Broadway and 39th St in Manhattan. Although I couldnt have predicted the pandemic and its implications for StubHub, and the decisions at the end were excruciating to make, I look back on my time as StubHubs president as a success in terms of my ability to deliver outcomes and have impact. From media and technology to finance and real estate, leagues and teams across the globe have matured into far more than just back page entertainment. We pride ourselves on being a brand differentiator who engages with StubHub customers in-person to amplify the fan