These Bible quiz questions will also help those that would like to learn more about the Bible. Study? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. A Bible handbook and Bible dictionary will be of great help. Knowledge / Trivia tests - Other Religions. So all in all, the Bible contains a lot of history, stories, parables, sermons and many other parts of God's word given to man over the centuries. You can do this online through places like biblegateway.com, or download a Bible app and read different translations from there. Hed never heard of English! Determine which one you are. Choosing a Bible It's essential to own at least one Bible in an easy-to-understand translation and one in the version your minister uses in church services. You can find some that dont break the bank. Take The Quiz And Find Out. B. Phillips New Testament (Phillips) is an English translation of the New Testament by Anglican clergyman J. Yes. I am jewish and it said that I should be christian! Incidentally, the translator must deal with the word 'covering' which is considered to be a theological issue in other passages. Bible Quiz: Play the quiz from Malayalam Holy Bible Pro . Dear god help! The names, places, books and phrases of the Bible are all clues or answers to a variety of interesting word games! Read from different translations before you decide. Jonathon M. Seidl Jun 25, 2018 The website The Babylon Bee is helping believers out by offering a free quiz that will help them determine what Bible translation is right for them. Ask friends and neighbors whom you trust. - American Kennel Club. While considered one of the most accurate Bible translations that comes at the sacrifice of readability and comprehension. Its not a true translation, as the goal is to convey the tone and feel of the text rather than the text itself. In fact, its not even a single book; rather its a compilation of multiple books. When I took the quiz, to be honest, I ranked the majority of the questions "low" on "priority". Thats how I believe we should translate the Bible today. But how this is done varies from one transition to another. Now that you know what translation to use check out: How To Read The Bible (the 5 best tips). Not put it in a glass case and admire it. A Midsummer Night's Dream . With questions from Genesis to Revelation, we'll test your knowledge, whether you're new to the faith or a have been studying the Word your whole life. Which Christian denomination do you belong to? So sit back and see how much you know! Best Dog Breed for Me and My Family? I reflect on how fortunate I am to have basic things in life like food, clothing, and shelter. You are creative, passionate and detailed. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. 1. You have deep thoughts that a lot of people just wouldn't understand. For 50 % you are: You are Barnabas! 2. So many different Bibles are available today. How Should Single Seniors Handle Sex and Intimacy? The Porsche Carrera GT. Simple and easy to understand. 3. Can someone please tell me why? Roger can be found blogging at Preach It, Teach It, the pastoral teaching site founded with his wife, Dr. Julie Barrier. While considered one of the most accurate Bible translations that comes at the sacrifice of readability and comprehension. Such as reading during family devotions, etc. Fun. Easy Reading: The Holy Bible has made reading much easier by customizing the fonts, text size, and brightness. Do you prefer group prayer or do you pray alone? Luke 24:32 teaches,Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?. it said i should be muslim but innjewish, It said exactly what my religion is. Take The Quiz And Find Out! Perhaps a parallel Bible would be a great solution. Answer: The Bishop's Bible. With so many versions, translations, and study Bibles to choose from, both seasoned Christians and new believers wonder which is the best Bible to buy. Chip and Joannas new baby pictures are here. There are several variations in how Muslims worship, and how they interpret the Quran. Share the Gospel Learn to develop your skills, desire and ability to join others on their spiritual journeys and take them closer to Jesus. Ask them what translation they use and why. It's great to be able to read multiple translations, to hear the Scriptures, and to study a plethora of resources online. Be a voracious reader. There are so many Bible versions out these days that it can be hard to know which one you should be reading. It uses verbiage and language that is commonly used in modern day. Formal versions risk miscommunicating the original meaning, think back to the example of love, by seeking a literal word. Here, lets look at a helpful chart. I'm longing to care for a pint-sized companion. Image: Photo_Concepts / Cultura / Getty Images. 1611 NASB New American Standard Bible Translation. This Christian-based ebook contains 400 powerful biblical affirmations backed up with Bible verses and categorized by key themes/topics to help you believe, repeat, and confess God's truth in a more personal way, dig in to scripture & dive into prayer more, and confess victory in your life. For example, Jesus, the Savior, the Redeemer, the hypostatic union of flesh and spirit has no dwelling, no refuge, no home, no place of safety to recline his cranium, to rest his muscles, to relax and refresh his body after ministry (. An enemy today is a friend tomorrow, so act accordingly. The writers were certainly experts and were working with the best manuscripts they had. Kirk Camerons TheCourage is your digital destination for inspiring, encouraging, fun, and challenging content in the areas of faith, family, and culture. Solve math problem. Also, there are no female choices, but females are still welcome to try the test. Look for a Bible that is literal, readable, and practical. One will suit you well. I don't understand, it said I'm Buddhist, but I'm Christian. The NLT is one of the most readable translations of the Bible. History. Perhaps the best way. In a situation where you don't know what to do, one of the first things that comes to mind is? Study Bibles: for helpful commentaries at the bottom of the page. What are you going to use if for? Questions and Answers 1. Yet, on the other end, you have the more functional (thought-for-thought). What amount did you give as an offering during the last church service you attended? "He that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.". The website The Babylon Bee is helping believers out by offering a free quiz that will help them determine what Bible translation is right for them. What is the real reason that you want to follow a religion. My second concern is the style of the translation; its in Old English. Join. The Roman Catholic Church murdered him by strangulation. I mean the first question asks if you resonate more with minorities, asian people, middle eastern people or europe - literally what does that mean. Read through the set of statements in each category and choose the one (s) that best describe you. With hundreds of Bible translations to choose from, it can be tough to know which is the best Bible translation. This site will help you learn the Bible better! Not telling you that you should practice this religion or any other one, but if you'd like to look into to it, this will be a good place to start. Leyland Ryken writes that this Bible "quickly became the household Bible of English-speaking Protestants, and it was the Bible used by Shakespeare and carried to America on the Mayflower." 7 It would undergo no less than 140 editions over the next 100 years until "dethroned" by the King James Bible translation. A great bicycle for adults who want an easy (re-)introduction to commuting by bike. If you love reading the KJV, keep at it. I dont know. Which translation is best for me? Find the US States - No Outlines Minefield. 5. (Roger: This is my favorite paraphrase.). Dr. Perhaps, you are considering reading aloud to yourself or your family. Moreover, if you want to dig real deep dont be afraid to look at many different translations of Gods Word. The King James version was based on the Bishop's Bible which appeared in 1568. Hair styles are more of a cultural issue than a biblical one. Depends on what you are looking for. This Catholic Bible contains the extra seven books of the Catholic canon (The Apocrypha). 1. ESV (English Standard Version) Origin: The ESV translation was first published in 2001, derived from the 1971 Revised Standard Version, taking out archaic and obsolete words. Pray the Prayer God Guarantees to Answer, from Xulon Press. A GoToQuiz Exclusive: Big Five Personality Test, allows you to adjust sliders to fine-tune your responses to a series of questions. See 841,992 visitors' top results. The test of a true Bible student is not how much we learnbut how much we live. His popular book, Listening to the Voice of God,published by Bethany House, is in its second printing and is available in Thai and Portuguese. Copyright 20092019 Foundation for the Advancement of Religion Online. Who wrote most of the books in the New Testament? today to find out the answer to that question! Well, it still depends. Follow us on Facebook and sign up for email updates. Sports Car International named the Carrera GT number one on its list of Top Sports Cars of the 2000s, and number eight on Top Sports Cars of All Time list. So, seek advice, consider it, but make your own choice. So, a particular version can fall anywhere on this spectrum. Funny. To be a Christian and to have everlasting life, you must believe in your heart that Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins. And from there? Based on your answers to these 10 questions, I'll tell you which major world religion aligns with you best. I grab snacks from the 7-Eleven before Sunday brunch. Three "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again." 12 Uno, due, tre, quattro, cinque, sei, sette, otto.Otto! His latest work is, Got Guts? The Childrens Bible is a comic book paraphrase with great pictures and simple words (Roger: I raised my children on this Bible.). All humans need baptism to be saved. And one that will stand up to wear and tear. For example, the word fast in English has several different meanings: In Greek, the word 'luo' can mean liberate or destroy. Both are correct. I'm gonna make them an offer they can't refuse. They should always be read alongside a more literal translation to help us navigate what the Bible actually says. So, out of the best Bible translations which one is the best for you? Just like an English word can have many meanings, so can a Greek word. But if you are interested in learning about that check out this article: How We Got The Bible (from bible.org). Quiz: How Many Times Have You Been Reincarnated. The King wanted to emphasise the status of ordained clergy within the new translation. If you were to just translate the word love from ancient Greek to modern English you would be missing a lot. Got Guts? 1 Corinthians 11:14-15 says, Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? Which one of these comes closest to your beliefs about an afterlife? This translation leans more towards a literal translation, however not to the point of sacrificing too much readability. In the 1300s, John Wycliffe was the first to translate the New Testament into English. You'll find 50 questions divided into 5 rounds, so gather the round for some holy quizzing. There are Bible quiz questions and answers for all ages and levels including youth and kids. The name 'Bible' comes from the city of Byblos. Answer this Bible trivia question: Who slayed the giant Philistine Goliath? Im not going to go into all the details of manuscripts, textual reliability, and all that other stuff. What is a compliment that you'd give God? Grammar Quiz: Test your Grammar Knowledge with questions. Nicodemus, John 3:4-8 2. Approach the world from a natural standpoint. While there are easier to read Bible translations, this one strikes a good balance between being literal and easy to read. The KJV is filled with archaic terms that can confuse modern readers. The majority of the New Testament was written in Koine Greek. I only took the ones with most members. "Only a Boy Named David" King and father of Solomon Jesse begat him. Part II Coming up soon. 7. Whereas most prefer an easier to read, thought for thought, translation when just reading more devotionally. This hairstyle quiz will give you something to think about. This is why it is best is to know the original languages. Take this Christian challenge quiz to gauge how well your personality traits measure up to crucial tenets of the faith through the verses that encapsulate them. Thus we should read a more thought for through translation. We hope our Bible Quiz page will help deepen your spirituality and Bible knowledge. Questions: 13 | Attempts: 1074 | Last updated: Mar 22, 2022. 128 quizzes and 1,792 trivia questions. The Plagues of Egypt, in the account of the book of Exodus, are ten disasters inflicted on Biblical Egypt by the God of Israel in order to convince the Pharaoh to emancipate the enslaved Israelites, each of them confronting Pharaoh and one of his Egyptian gods; they serve as "signs and marvels" given by God to answer Pharaoh's taunt that he does not know Yahweh: "The Egyptians shall know that . Look for a Bible that is literal, readable, and practical. Download the free Bible Trivia Lets hear from you! Remember, each end has their upsides and downsides. One, what purpose you have for a bible. Thats a lot. Not telling you that you should practice this religion or any other one, but if you'd like to look into to it, this will be a good place to start. I was existing before. Buy it here: English Standard Version Bible. Hi, thanks for watching our video about The Birth Story of Jesus Christ | Animated Bible Story for kids | Kids Faith TV The birth story of Jesus Christ is a animated bible story for kids, a nativity story from Kids Faith TV. Or devotional? In other words, no single translation has it all. Which Bible translation is right for you? But what hairstyle suits you best? Rate and Share this quiz on the next page! "To have respect of persons is not good". You are David! So, this is where the different versions may fall on the spectrum between a more word-for-word translation (left side) versus thought-for-thought (right side). You seem to spend your life trying to mend other people's problems. Have fun! Another great option is to create your own quiz for Bible study or for Sunday school - one warning however, it is recommended that you create a quiz at least one week before you need it (there is a quiz approval process). Well, it depends. You are a natural leader, always with something to say, always ready to take charge. Take our quiz for inspiration on where to apply. While the KJV was undoubtedly the most accurate translation when released by todays standards, theres better, more accurate translations available. The Bishop's Bible was the version used by the Church of England, but the Geneva Bible remained popular. If you're looking for the right questions for the best trivia quiz that you're trying to build, there are things to consider. It reads reminiscent of the KJV but in a more modern context. Several other English versions followed, including the Great Bible (1535), the Geneva Bible (1560) and Bishop's Bible (1568). What can I offer someone else? I use this translation when Im studying a passage, but not in my personal reading. And three, some practical tips to consider before you pick the best one for you. I dont think the KJV is bad, actually I think its a good translation. It was written by many authors over thousands of years in several different ancient languages. Consider who you're asking. Think about the fact that religion is not just facts but accepting a tradition and a potentially significant set of beliefs. So, you want to dig deep into a passage. You feel most closely aligned with the people in _________. Personality Bible Verse. I'll be sure to sprinkle some struzzi on it. Lets start by looking at what exactly is a translation of the Bible. Math is a challenging subject for many students, but with practice and persistence, anyone can learn to figure out complex equations. This quiz will help you finding a suitable christian denomination. This is the simple, clear, and accurate way to examine your beliefs and figure out which Christian denomination would be most appropriate for you. Do you believe that most television evangelists are A. Sincere preachers who are saving souls. Or which is the easiest Bible version to understand. I believe that after we die we will be judged by God. Do not accept or reject anything at this point, just keep learning. TheCourage is a digital destination meant to inspire, give hope, and call people to something better, especially in the areas of faith, family, and culture. I love my friends. Pastor. Particularly in their words in the New Testament, the manuscripts they were working with were relatively new. This is true for everyone. But sometimes, all you want to do is be alone. For 40% you are: So which Bible character are you the most like? The bible quiz game for Android Questions are divided into 5 categories: (1) Easy, (2) People & Places, (3) How Many, (4) Old Testament and (5) New Testament. Each of our Bible quizzes consists of 10 questions and challenges the quiz taker to win and collect our proprietary Bible-Brain character badges. I love my wife. Want articles like this one delivered straight to your email? Let's go! You are Barnabas! I think of people who are less fortunate than I am to help me feel more satisfied with my circumstances. 2. There are different things to consider, such as which manuscript bases each one uses, where they are on the dynamic/formal equivalence spectrum, their readability, the scholarship behind them, and more. Download the free Bible Trivia Learn how your comment data is processed. How should Christians treat their enemies? The whole purpose of reading the Scriptures, Bible study, and this site is to help you experience the Bible in a way you encounter God. Your first task is to learn about religions, not to pick one for yourself right off the bat. Get Godly! JohnWycliffeleft quite an impression on the Roman Catholic Church. Bible study, Lectio Divina, or a Scripture reading plan that involves a lot of reading. Its the modern equivalent of the KJV. Meet the religious leaders in your neighborhood ask them about their views on life, God(s), relationships, ethical conduct, and the daily practice of their religion. What do you think is the best Bible translation? The ESV is my favorite translation, although I also enjoy reading the NLT. It's a fun and easy way to study the bible and will let you know more fun trivia about it. Even if you're not that religious, or an expert on all things holy, you know The Bible has some real, shall we say, characters in it. Merry Christmas Jesus the holy son of God was born on Christmas day. This is important. So, what Bible is best for you? Do you believe that most television evangelists are. As you consider what the best Bible version you need to first look at where it falls on this spectrum. Well, Kate, I hope that Ive given you the information you need to make a good choice. I love my son. This is at no cost to you and helps keep Rethink up and running. Email him your questions at roger@preachitteachit.org. I led Israelites out of Egypt and went up Mount Sinai alone. This chart will help you see what each translation is best suited for. It said I'm a Christian but I'm a Buddhist, 60% Bahai'i and I'm pretty much an atheist :p, It said I should be muslim but I am a Christian, so inaccurate lol. A parallel Bible is typically four different translations, correlated by page. The KJV was originally written in 1611 and has since had made revisions. Why do you feel that you need or want to follow a religion? I am not associated with any religions but I got Buddhism. Keep reading and learning. We have other quizzes matching your interest. "I sing because I'm happy; that's the reason why I sing. Which of the following do you believe to be necessary for salvation? But language changes over time and translations need to be kept up to date. How Do I Know Which Bible Translation Is Right for Me? There are two main things you can be on the lookout for, readability and a literal interpretation. Created for free using WordPress and, How to Live in a Right Relationship with The World. Many of these versions of the Bible contain ideas that are not found in the original texts. Green Day is an American rock band formed in the East Bay of California in 1987 by lead vocalist and guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong, together with bassist and backing vocalist Mike Dirnt.For most of the band's career, they have been a power trio with drummer Tr Cool, who replaced John Kiffmeyer in 1990 before the recording of the band's second studio album, Kerplunk (1991). The Most Accurate Bible Translation: New American Standard Bible (NASB) The NASB is one of the best Bible translations for people wanting an accurate word for word translation. An in-depth study or devotional? I need to pray. It is the best translation if you are looking at doing an inductive study on a passage or prefer to read as close to the original language as possible. 50 Bible trivia answers for you. If you use Christianity to divide, segregate, look down upon, or elevate yourself above others, then you're missing the entire point. Another great option is to create your own quiz for Bible study or for Sunday school - one warning however, it is recommended that you create a quiz at least one week before you need it (there is a quiz approval process). However, in a very real way the answer is yes,we do have the actual words that make up the word of God. Now that you know a little more about Bible translations you are probably still wondering what the best Bible translation actually is. It can all get a little confusing, which is why we made this handy quiz for you. Best. I got my name sake! I hope you like my choices! There are so many great options out there it comes down to which one you prefer. Pray about it spend some time asking God to lead you to the best translation for you. You must signup or login to view or post comments on this article. I love ice cream. So, what Bible is best for you? 4. There are easy, hard and norml. Which of the following comes closest to describing your beliefs about the Bible? The simple answer is, the one you read. 1. A SelectSmart.com Religion Selector by Mike Hopkins, created November 2001. Si. You should be a Muslim. But weve since discovered much older (in translating older is better) manuscripts that most modern translations use. Note: Neither this website nor the information herein are official or authorized by any of the churches represented therein. Get Godly! Sign up for Rethink Updates and youll also get access to 3 exclusive articles AND 2 Bible reading guides! Funny, funny! Which Artistic Life Force Are You? 2. B. Put your email in the box below! Fun hairstyle quiz. How can I find it? There are easy, hard and norml. The spirit of the verse is the perfect example of what believers can ponder and strive to achieve. "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again.". Just a word of warning, the translations such as the Message should be viewed more as a paraphrase of the Bible and not a translation. Literal Translation - New American Standard Bible (NASB) The NASB is arguably the best literal translation you can use. Is it true that patience is the supreme virtue? See if they have any recommendations about a particular version for you. Based on your answers to these 10 questions, I'll tell you which major world religion aligns with you best. The Reckless Kind by Carly Heath. Continents in Order of Population. The issue is theres better translations out there. BEST VALUE. An in-depth study or devotional? I love football. Bible trivia daily is a free educational bible game that offers you more than 50,000 fun bible trivia questions. Now, your best bet for picking a translation would be to go as far as you can towards the word-for-word end (left side) you can while still being readable. The point is you use it. Search all of SparkNotes Search. Over 20 Bibles existed in English before the King James Bible was first printed: Great Bible, Geneva Bible, Matthews Bible, and Bishops Bible to name a few. What is GotoQuiz? All of the Bible quizzes are multiple choice and rated by levels of difficulty. Best Bible translation for scholars and Bible study The New American Standard Bible NASB is the most accurate but the Amplified Bible provides extended alternate translations and the New English Translation NET is full. While the translation is not well known, it has many ardent fans including Os Guinness, Chuck Swindoll, and Ray Stedman. Use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. So, lets look at some of the best Bible translations and what uses they are suited for. These categories arent either-or, most translations will fall on a spectrum from word for word to thought for thought. this quiz is so lying! Parallel Bibles : for reading a text in different translations at the same time. Buy it here: New Living Translation Bible. This is where finding a readable one is important. Or are you looking for a more devotional Bible? Every translation leaves something behind in the translating process. Which Bible Translation Is Right For You? The Geneva Bible became the official version of the Church of Scotland, and it was also popular in England. They help teach, test, and train Bible knowledge in an exciting and self-challenging way. Which significant biblical number best characterizes you? J. The NIV is one of the most popular translations theres a good chance the church you go to uses the NIV on Sundays. Approach the world from a natural standpoint C. Applying reason and personal experience D. Eat while watching TV 2. Describe what you are lugging around right now. Interesting results I've got, My answer is really close to my religion :), The biggest smile hides the biggest pain (som, btw it said Muslim and Idk my beliefs exactly lol. Religion Christianity. Go check out BibleGateway you can read several of them side by side and see which you prefer. Bible quizzes are a fun way to learn God's Word! It comprises just 13 verses and is only around 298 words long, depending on the Bible type used, of course. Buddha and his teachings always resonated with me. The NIV is a great choice for someone who wants something between a word for word translation and a thought for thought translation. Your email address will not be published. Bible-Brains are similar to emojis as they each have their . Do you believe in the idea of an universal church? This is the first question you should ask when looking for a bible? Heres a few: Eros (sexual), Storge (affection), Philia (friendship), and Agape (unconditional). Moreover, a thought-for-thought translation would be ideal if you are reading aloud to yourself or others. New ideas for the Old Country is a winning combinazione. A. Thats because the NASB focuses on finding the closest word to translate and not what flows in the English language. Yet they can be helpful for studying the formal features of the text. This graphic shows you the difference between Word for Word and Thought for Thought translations. New online Bible quizzes are being added periodically so be sure to return often. For 40% you are: So which Bible character are you the most like? There are multiple answers to each question. Take this fun quiz to see which Bible study would fit best with your current phase of life and interests! For this reason and many others, the Roman Catholic Church wanted to keep the Bible away from the average person. The proof that we are learning from the Bible is not a big head but a burning heart. QUIZ: What Kind of Ministry Is Right for You? Test your knowledge of Jesus, the bible, and the Christian Faith. Who is your MONSTA X soulmate based off your birth chart? "For the good man is not at home, he is gone a long journey.". A more literal translation can be useful when doing an in-depth study of a passage. We at The Spruce are every dog's biggest fans, and it's just as important to us to help pups find their fur-ever homes. In searching for truth and finding meaning in your life, what do you feel? Patience is the only thing that rewards in the end. Do you plot revenge against those who've slighted you?