Does that still happen? The last film really made it seem like something troubling was going on with Flash's home life when his parents weren't responding to him. The simple solution for saving the villains is to "cure" them of their various abilities. To him, it suddenly looks like the future he envisioned for himself happily studying at college alongside his best friend and girlfriend will never become a reality. That seems overly complicated.. While their roots in the comics are that of biological weapons created by the Elder God named Knull, none of these cinematic universes have recognized this as canon. Character Spider-Man appears in 16567 issues . The motivation here makes perfect sense for the version of Peter Parker that the MCU has been building for years, but it's also pitch-perfect for the comic book character fans have come to love over more than 50 years. Because Harry Osborn didn't need to seek revenge for his father's death, is he still alive in the Raimi-verse? Those are the biggest questions about the Spider-Man: No Way Home ending answered. Throughout the events of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Electro remained oblivious to the truth. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. But then Peter, Ned, and MJ exchange weird glances at each other. Unfortunately, Bully Maguire (opens in new tab) never came out in No Way Home. Eddie Brock was a freelance photographer, and former staff photographer of the Daily Bugle. While we might've expected Strange to take his position back when he un-Blipped, that would hardly be fair to Wong. It's like the rules of time travel; the more you try to make sense of it, the more you make your brain hurt. Spider-Man: No Way Home leaves the door wide open to multiple possibilities, including a potential return from Maguire or Garfield back as Spider-Man in their own movies. Each of Spidey's multiversal villains seem to have been pulled into the MCU from a point very near their death in their own universes. Meanwhile, best friend Ned uses Doctor Stranges portal-maker finger-thing to search for Parker but finds the wrong Peter Parker. Acuna:"NWH" undid the deaths of Doc Ock, Norman Osborn, and Electro. Acuna: Now that he's not dating Aunt May and doesn't need to look out for Peter, it doesn't seem like there's much reason to see Happy again unless he shows up on a Disney+ series like "Armor Wars" or "Ironheart," where the next Iron Man will appear. Or, they may all originate in the same universal plane and have found themselves in different realities. Does he now die, or does that confrontation never even take place? Acuna: Marvel's really dragging out this reveal and I'm over it. Well, it appears Stephen is dealing with the aftermath of nearly tearing apart the multiverse and needs Wanda to help save the day. It takes some multiversal assistance and some serious sacrifice for Peter to find a cure for each of the six baddies he's up against. Eddie has a great amount of admiration and respect for Peter but he couldn't admit it and tried to reject the fact that Peter was a better person than him. Singh: This feels like one of those mysteries that will send me down a rabbit hole of questioning everything that took place in those Spidey movies. That means Eddie is (probably) back at home in his own corner of the multiverse. (Well, Skrull Fury.) Is Ned turning evil? Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. In the comics, Thompson becomes a version of the character called Agent Anti-Venom. Having everyone forget about Peter Parker also acts as an exciting new launch pad for Hollands Spider-Man. Then theres the possibility of Hollands Spider-Man training up someone new: namely Miles Morales. They could find a way to bring together these two characters in a substantial way. All we can say for sure is that when Spider-Man and Venom meet, there will be maximum carnage. Garfield spoke pretty candidly about his feelings on his films with The Guardian in November and how he felt they were guided by money rather than a character-driven story with heart. This shamed Eddie, causing him to be fired from his job and abandoned by his family. But worry not here are the most confusing moments in "Spider-Man: No Way Home" explained. Like the comics, the symbiote latches onto. However, in the film when the news was broadcasted to the citizens of New York, the news reporter called Flint "The Sandman". That said, its also possible that Venoms attraction to Peter Parker could stem from another universe: the Sam Raimi trilogy. During an interview with Variety, Spider-Man: No Way Homescreenwriters Erik Sommers and Chris McKenna revealed the logic behind Tom Hardy, as Eddie Brock, crossing over to the MCU. Spider-Man: My God, Eddie! Meanwhile, the symbiote hated Peter Parker for rejecting them. Singh: Considering that Holland said the script for "NWH" was being rewritten almost regularly, it wouldn't surprise me if they had to scrap some kind of larger plan to involve Eddie/Venom. Acuna: It's funny because, after two films, it felt like we didn't need to know MJ's last name was also Watson. Trivia. Six months later, he comes across the Life Foundation again . Acuna: Fury went so far as to interrupt Peter's vacation/school trip in "FFH." Viewed 3k times. Singh: I can't stop thinking about what the future holds for Ned. Singh: I had the chance to speak with Bert and Bertie, the directing duo who helmed episodes three through five of "Hawkeye" and despite my best efforts to see if Kingpin/Wilson Fisk purchased the tower (which is a popular fan theory), their lips were completely sealed. "No Way Home" gives another look at the nanobots' pseudo-intelligence later in the film when they slither off a pacified Doc Ock's arms and reform into a cool looking spider logo on Peter's suit. why did eddie brock want to kill peter parker. However, MJ and Ned forget Parkers existence, and after Parker visits MJ and sees that shes OK, he decides not to reintroduce himself properly. We get multiple mentions of the characters name, Matt, and we see the lawyer use his excellent reflexes to grab a flying brick ("Im a very good lawyer"). Reeling from all the chaos, Peter thinks of the one person who might be able to magically make his troubles go away. What are we waiting for? In the movie Venom, Eddie Brock and his fiance Anne discuss an event that caused him to leave New York during a date. One of the best parts about "No Way Home" is getting to see Peter's friends truly join in on all the action. Captain Stacy: Relief that he's gone for good. Same with Betty, which explains why the "NWH" marketing team decided to create a Daily Bugle TikTok account where Betty, their newest intern, shares videos and interviews with her peers. Especially with a Mary Jane-loving Peter Parker present on-screen, MJ's name is a concrete detail that shifts "No Way Home" away from the Earth-616 of the comics. It's a character Batalon has expressed interest in playing. He's been part of this universe since 2008's "Iron Man," so if he's ready to close this chapter, I'd be fine with that. No Way Home brought the multiverse to the big-screen, yet Loki already introduced the idea of multiple timelines and universes and variants. When he arrives, he's clearly going for mass destruction, and he starts off poised to give the MCU's Spider-Man just as much of a run for his money as he did Raimi's Spider-Man back in 2004. By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies. Even though Mysterio managed to fake Peter's voice ordering the drones to strike, it's hard to believe that not a single camera in London captured some footage of the webslinger's good deeds. Throughout the movie, the two . Eddie Brock is a former reporter for The Daily Bugle and Peter Parker's archenemy. Together with MJ, they quickly manage to find Tom Hollands Parker and the trio set about creating cures for the villains. After he loses his mind, Doc Octopus is hellbent on getting revenge on Spider-Man. Plus I look after the Total Film and SFX sections and socials media channels. However, Harry follows in his father's evil footsteps . I think "NWH" was ambitious in that it simultaneously wrapped up loose ends, while also leaving room to pave the way for future Marvel projects. At the least, I'd really love to see Garfield team up with Holland's Spidey again because he looked like the actor who was having the most fun on set. No one would remember their time in the MCU, but all the villains would be returned to good guy status or at least neutral guy status well before they died. Peter Parker vs Eddie Brock - Photo Montage Scene - Photo for Daily Bugle -Spider-Man 3 (2007) Movie CLIP HD Peter Parker: You want forgiveness? Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. It's almost as if they've been hinting at Ned's downfall from the start of this franchise. However, I'd love to imagine that the three Spider-Men had an off-screen discussion about their suits and that Maguire and Garfield's Spideys gave Holland's a little bit of advice and inspiration to get started on his own design. We will unfortunately never know, as Doctor Strange sent all the multiverse-men packing back to their universes. There, they manage to turn Lizard back into a man, de-sand Sandman, and unplug Electro. There are plenty of possibilities. Aunt May is dead. GameStop Moderna Pfizer Johnson & Johnson AstraZeneca Walgreens Best Buy Novavax SpaceX Tesla. First, Marvel's "What If?" Before she dies, though, she manages to give Uncle Bens classic with great power comes great responsibility speech. Why? Jameson does speak with a lot of confidence and authority, and maybe the manipulated footage looked convincing, but did no one question who this random Quentin/Mysterio guy is? Eddie Brock was mad at Spider-Man first because Eddie Brock worked at the Daily Globe and wrote a piece about the identity of a villain called the Sin Eater. 2 syxtfour 5 yr. ago Because we can't have nice things like Flash Thompson as Agent Venom. Together, Eddie and the symbiote became Venom and sought to destroy Peter and Spider-Man. Acuna: Since publishing, someone suggested to me that this makes sense because of Venom's hive mind. why did eddie brock want to kill peter parker The MCU films have naturally strayed from the source material at times, but no one could be sure that meant the two mediums belonged to separate universes entirely. Just like Eddie Brock/Venom, his alias "Sandman" was never mentioned in the film. Whats interesting about symbiotes is that their origins still havent been determined in the movies. Then, poof, Doctor Stranges "undo" spell kicks in and Venoms sent back to the Sony-verse but a speck of the Venom symbiote remains behind. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned . As the police showed up, Eddie took a widened shot of the event, and noticed Gwen Stacy holding on to the side of the building. Unless it's later revealed that Doctor Strange has some magic in his family's past, he became a sorcerer through nothing more mysterious than rigorous study and hard work. Alfred Molina who plays Otto Octavius is even de-aged using CGI. I think it gave Eddie Brock a monstrous look, because Brock and the symbiote wanted to scare Peter Parker and other people, due to Brock's and symbiote's hatred towards Peter Parker and other people. All that could be on the table now, but we'll have to wait for future announcements to know for sure. There was a very pointed scene in which Ned assured Peter that he wouldn't become a supervillain and try to kill his best friend as Harry Osborn did to Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's trilogy. Acuna: Every scene with the trio of Spider-Men was so much fun, I could've watched another hour of it. 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The sling ring's power also came a bit easier to Ned than Strange as the latter struggled with it a bit during his first attempts to master opening portals. Is someone else about to play Parker in the "Venom" movies? Singh: This scene really doesn't make sense to me either. With the three Spider-brainiacs quickly cracking how to help the four remaining evil-doers, they lure the villains to the newly shielded Statue of Liberty. How does that impact the original universe of each villain? Peter Parker dresses in black, in Secret Wars #8. Okay, so let me explain this one to you. At the end of "Venom: Let There Be Carnage," Eddie and Venom don't appear to recognize Peter or Spider-Man at all. "Im something of a scientist myself," Norman Osborn famously said in the first Spider-Man movie. Now, its critical to point out that this has never been a real thing in the comics. Our hero tearfully promises his friends that he'll come find them before the slate gets wiped clean, but when he has the opportunity to speak to them, Peter doesn't reveal the truth. We can dream, right? Things do not go as planned. Did they just drop that subplot or is that something that may be revisited in a fourth "Spider-Man" movie? Clearly, whatever is coming through from alternate universes would be immensely destructive, but Strange plays coy about the specifics of the danger. The signs are subtle but apparent to any true believers. On the other hand, "Eternals" recently introduced a whole slew of new dangers into the MCU. The actor, best known for playing Dani Rojas in Ted Lasso, is a recognisable face to those who have watched the beloved Apple TV Plus show. That seems confusing. Parkers moral conscience wont allow that. As one of Spider-Man's greatest villains, Venom and Eddie Brock are infamous in Marvel Comics. His emotions in every scene just seemed so genuine, whether he was being self-deprecating or looking at the other Spider-Men and saying: "God, this is so cool. Business, Economics, and Finance. So, let's dig into it: there are Spider-Man's most troublesome villains have all come to the MCU thanks to Doctor Strange's spell gone wrong. The ending of "No Way Home" erases Peter Parker from the world.