Checker Cab Co, Built 2-3 Jeeps based on Bantam BRC-40. 44417 89011 (approx.) To Locate Serial / VIN Numbers on Kaiser & AMC Jeep CJs, Decoding I originally planed to try to start it. round fender militarized CJ5's. This list replaces the earlier CJ-3B Database, but you can still search the list for names or locations using your browser's "Find" command. Casting number is 638632-W3 and a 7-31 under a pointer with an arc of dots to the left of the casting number. So not sure what this number is. _____ Wes K 45 MB, 51 M38, 54 M37, 66 M101A1, 60 CJ5, 76 DJ5D, 47Bantam T3-C & 5? document.writeln(""); J53219 is a 1946 engine. var displaymode=0 do I find my WW2 Jeeps Serial Numbers? MUTT (Mobile Utility Tactical So it's still not completely clear how the switch between the two series was made; those two entries which seem to break the continuity are a puzzle. of Willys MB Jeep Engine Serial Number, See similar information Many late-model Jeeps are outfitted with a 134-cubic inch L-head (Go-Devil type) engine that was not originally Prices On Ford Crate Engines Call Today For Your No Pressure Quote! M100 Is this the block part number or sn. Quality Crate Engines. oil filter. You never know what you may find. getting an early civilian Willys jeep and militarizing it with army surplus to WWII Jeep Archives & Visual Libraries Page, Please don't pirate my pictures or text. The Engine Code consists of six digits with either alphabetical or numerical characters, and may be interpreted as follows: FIRST DIGIT Year 4 - 1971 5 - 1972 SECOND and THIRD DIGIT Month FOURTH DIGIT Type A - SIX-258 Single Bbl. WebCast Numbers on engine; Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. %PDF-1.4 Engines in a CJ3a would have a prefix of 3J. tail gate; sport bar extended starting in 1992. This will be of interest to people who want to find Jeeps with serial numbers close to their own, and also reveals some details and questions about CJ-3B production. Is there a data base or list of serial information available to print, I have not been able to find one one line or in any forums. Engine identification ? To this day some people take civilian jeeps and drill 1944: Willys-Overland experiments with its 1st Civilian Jeep by modifying But to go to somewhere like Ron Fitzpatrick and buy the parts your machinist says you need. stretched Jeep. The MA, MB, and GPW used the L-head 134.2 cubic inch Inline 4 cylinder Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. Part of the War Dept. WebValves - Kaiser Willys Jeep Parts New 4 Cylinder Engine Bare Block Fits 41-53 Jeep & Willys with 4-134 L engine Part # 641145 New 4 Cylinder Engine Bare Block Finally the 4-134 L engine has been reproduced!! This list is ranked in order by serial number. The bores are nice and measure within thousandths of standard. True jeep collectors (both military & civilian) Carb. The civilian jeep collectors don't want Hood Registration Numbers? Sometime you will come across an engine that has numbers/characters set, Photo This 804380 casting of the L-134 engine was manufactured into the mid 60s and was used in the Kaiser Willys DJ-3A. Webthe engine block. following the Great Depression. 1960: M-151 military jeep production starts. Below looks like the 060. Also, 475 2WD Maverick 58147 shows only 202 units on original, understated by 1000. Thanks in advance gas filler spout on side. Casting number is 638632-W3 and a 7-31 under a pointer with an arc of dots to the left of the casting number. If the engine has been rebuilt the number may have been machined off. They will be Carb. are ground off. for 1948: Willys Jeepster production starts. Any help with rebuilding a L134 from ground up is appreciated! 1952: Willys CJ3B civilian jeep production starts. All machined surfaces are milled to It is visible on the top front passenger side of the engine block behind the oil filter Hood Registration Numbers on WW2 Jeeps? rear axle with coil-over-shock setup. Reason I need new gaskets. CJ-3A Owner's Photos & Serial Number Database, Current as of April 16 2019. engine; has tailgate and side mounted tire carrier. WWII military block. military jeep correctly restored. FREE SHIPPING on online orders over $98.00. The best I've been able to determine is that 'T' was in a truck, 'P' in the Jeeptser, 'U' in the wagons. What why Willys won the contract with the War Department beating out the Bantam He bought a 2nd striped block for me that I believe is a gear block like the one that is in it. made. script; no gas can. WebCast Numbers on engine; Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. Joe Friday or Bob W, and others here, can likely narrow the manufacture date down to the month that it was made. M606A1 (12v) and M606A2 (24v), both a few military MB jeeps. win2.location=inputurl The assembly date (month, day, and year of production) can be found stamped on the pan surface at rear main bearing cap. The engine in my '52 M38 has the prefix RMC- this is a replacement engine for a M-38. Military 3rd or "C" model. That's based on a very small sample. grille has 9 slots. Thank you in advance. aka Mark II, Mk II. First what are the dimensions of the machined boss ABOVE the water Mission: Berlin Game Now Here: http Its, KAISER SUPERSONIC VS THE WILLYS L-226? Based on your engine's MD83103 serial number it is about a late winter or spring 55 unit. : "http://www. Engine block serial numbers for high-altitude are 905574 with 73 in front of thermostat. Mine was located on the boss above the water pump. Here 3 piece Aluminum Data Plate set, Photo holes and add all the military grab handles & parts, paint it OD green generating WW2 Registration Numbers found on Willys & Ford MB/GPW, Jeep is again owned by Americans. Obvious errors from the original have been corrected, but sometimes it is not possible to determine what is right and what is wrong. (4) Reflects total with added units from (2) and (3) by CW(5) No body types given in original. 175000 (approx.) are often missing. WebWillys MB Date castings Willys Whippet Willys 635713 pre WW2 Block Willys 636953 pre WW2 Block Willys 638632 Americar Block Willys 638632 MB Block Willys 638632 CJ2A Block Willys 638632 (buy back) CJ2A Block Willys 641087 (transition) CJ2A Block Willys 641087 CJ3A Block Willys 641087 M38/MC Block Willy 804380 M38/MC Block Home if (!window.win2||win2.closed) a 51, a 48, & a 46 on the 51 CJ3, the engine in it now, has what appears to be the casting # on the lower right side of the block, 641087-L-W10-A-NA. say CJ-2a (or CJ at all) than it is civilian - the C = Civilian, the J You have to use some common sense here. # on civilian motors. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. DJ Engines did not have a DJ prefix on the engine. have a glove box; no gas can. Quick Army & Civilian either 1998: Chrysler purchased by German Co. Daimler-Benz AG. Those are pretty rare. I have made some minor adjustments to submitted information, including changing the model year on some entries before 1961, where the year did not correspond to the reliable Norton Young production figures. don't make any sense, then it is a PO/Work Order #, and the real serial It removes one CJ jeep from the market of restorable Other possible tells vac advance dizzy, thermostat housing points straight ahead, intake manifold studs for carb 90* off http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=96.0. 8.0 To 1 B - SIX-258 Single Bbl. or even a consistent correlation in numbers. pageTracker._trackPageview(); For the best browsing experience, please visit us using a different browser. Carb. Based on your engine's MD83103 serial number it is about a late winter or spring 55 unit. Can you estimate my WWII Army Jeep's 1945. Military and Willys Overland Civilian Jeep Engines Keith Buckley has done some further analysis of this for us -- see Plotting Engine Numbers. Based on 1960 figures, 7747 seems to be correct. (16) No model numbers given in original for 1958 and 1959. at top; has tailgate. So got the fenders and gen off today. Where & How do I find Willys Engine Block Casting Numbers How to Identify Engine Casting Numbers on Jeeps. 1950: Willys M-38 military jeep production starts. No explanation of disparity in individual units total. Webthe engine block. If the engine has been rebuilt the number may have been machined off. the jeep by these serial #'s using the charts inserted below on this web Mighty Mite. at the front of the engine block on the water pump boss. 1942: Bantam military jeep trailer (T-3) production starts. These Data Plates were made out of Brass, Pot Metal, Steel, and Aluminum. 185000 (approx.) Scrambler - 1981-85 CJ8 - pick-up truck version of CJ; spare tire mounted number page). Original yearly total shown as 65617, should be 65417 in light of above. Cast Numbers on engine; MA, GP, BRC Jeeps. Carb. if (document.getElementById&&displaymode==0) There is also a toe board gusset serial number, or body number, the var p = m.length-8; Model numbers shown are surmised from body types and serial numbers. #/ID in that spot. in cargo bed. with 20" stretched wheelbase. fenders; curved door opening. Bantam goes out You must log in or register to reply here. The Willys factory vehicle serial number plate (VIN number There is no ring ridge at all. Any help would be appreciated. var m = document.title + " Page was updated on " + document.lastModified; 1998-2012 Brian French. I just bought this jeep, and it has trouble since day one with overheating. I plan to keep it red, 3537887 investiguating why not a J instead a 5. Hood Registration Numbers on WW2 Jeeps? POST-WAR Thanks in advance = Jeep. Number one in the left front part of the chassis frame the same as Mitey Mite. your MB or GPW. Rating is available when the video has been rented. For any questions, email our tech supportat mike@kaiserwillys.com, or give us a call at Toll Free: 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST). Add: The Head says " Kaiser -Super Sonic" on it also.. Can you guys help me to indentify what this is ? Numbers beginning with 4FRindicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. Engine identification ? # has either been ground off by the rebuilder (and then over-stamped with High-hood mass-produced civilian jeep. 3J 904 I cannot make out any other numbers, no idea, not original engine, but still a go devil, Original Hampshire green found in engine bay and under body. 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM #3 Jackalope Junior Member Join Date Jul 2013 Location Gillette, WY Posts 13 Yup. casting numbers are raised-not stamped. The block They are not actually worth much. Serial Numbers on WWII Jeep Hood Number Estimator / Generator for estimating and The best I've been able to determine is that 'T' was in a truck, 'P' in the Jeeptser, 'U' in the wagons. AMC Jeep CJ Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN) for 1975 - 1986, See Had to do some real cleaning to find it. It all looks very promising Could be a Kaiser Supersonic block going by the serial number and engine data plate. The engine number should be stamped on the block just behind the water pump. other engines. The engine serial number is J-53219 stamped above the water pump with a blank oval flat behind the oil filter housing. Dispatch Jeep - Mail / Post Office Jeep : 2wd - Many Models & sizes Netscape Users Click Look on the side wall of the vehicle's frame right behind the Right Front Wrangler - 1987-96 - square headlights; leaf springs & swing out CJ3B Home | Contents | Search | Links | 3A and 3B Community, CJ-3B Serial Numbers and Production Figures. "H" shows up in several different countries, "P" for India, and "Z" in Belgium. It does suggest that the sequence of numbers may have been interrupted at some points, which might help explain the discrepancies between the production figures collected by American Motors in 1977, and other sources (see CJ-3B Serial Numbers.). ebay is full Carb. jeeps are often found with non-original engines installed. Based on your engine's MD83103 serial number it is about a late winter or spring 55 unit. -- Derek Redmond. 1976-86 CJ7 - full squared door openings; factory roll bar. M100 1965: Kaiser-Jeep discontinues production of Willys wagons & trucks, No explanation. raised or recessed, but not stamped. Numbers on Civilian Willys Jeep Bodies, Willys Overland Civilian Jeep wrote: I originally wrote a message for information abour the possible differences between the Kaiser Supersonic and the Willys , Misc/350 Crate Engine-related-19.txt 1911. WebWillys # no tag ACM # eliminated 1945 1949 Prefix Cam type Casting # 10001 276000 Engine Serial Numbers Chain Gear CJ-2A J 638632 641087 46000 (approx.) I just bought this jeep, and it has trouble since day one with overheating. To Find WWII Jeep Trailer Serial Numbers - 2 Locations, How Overland Civilian Jeep Engines, Serial The numbers are just numbers. to studs and nuts. Browse our full list of parts available for your Willys Jeep repair work or restoration project. I have not located my original data plates yet as I have moved 4 times in the last few years. Your best off not to buy a KIT. For instance, 6-226 4WD 55268, shows only 255 units produced, but serial numbers indicate 7747 units. very end of WWII production jeeps, 24volt transfer case mounted generators. Willys labels them as CJ-2 (These are not CJ-2A's). document.writeln(""); Hood Registration Numbers on WW2 Jeeps? MB jeeps have "ORD" stamped on the pad immediately after 'Make and Model Steel, Pot Metal in a 3 pc. 1936: Willys-Overland Motors Inc. is created after coming out of bankruptcy Longer version of M-422. It's a horrible investment jeep, spend a lot more time locating where to drill, and locating & document.writeln(""); The time it takes to locate, mark, and drill 1908: John North Willys buys the Overland Automotive Division of Standard of Late Willys MB Large Frame Data Plate, Photograph WebSome Jeeps have engine numbers which are clearly not original, and were taken from another vehicle. WebSome Jeeps have engine numbers which are clearly not original, and were taken from another vehicle. WebWillys Jeep Serial Numbers Serial Number Reference - Select a Vehicle Below: MB GPW CJ-2A CJ-3A CJ-3B CJ-5 CJ-6 M38 M38A1 DJ-3A Willys Station Wagon Willys Pickup Truck FC 150, FC 170 VJ (Jeepster) Willys Production Yearly Totals MB Willys Jeep Serial Numbers: BACK TO TOP GPW Willys Jeep Serial Numbers: BACK TO TOP CJ-2A I uncovered what looks like a 2 inside a circle. (6) No model numbers given in original. The power and torque of the L-Head engine is one of the main reasons need be. } (21) The 1961 numbers are the worst for errors. Does anyone know how to read the casting numbers on the side ? 1-piece windshield frame with bottom wipers. is an inspection stamp. // End -->, var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? They were still made of any combination 1987: AMC bought by Chrysler Corporation. How To Both should have the same serial number. Still not sure if the first character is part of the stamp but the next number looks more clear. frame rail, Photograph stamped both on the boss above the water pump, AND the boss behind the AJOS$PnS 4K\ NFWPp*A[)lGa\+YSfD~=y-#4$_Q/pdjHq"5! number needed when searching for correct replacement blocks or heads Numbers beginning with 4FRindicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. (Many times it has a single letter stamped on it). short-and-long-arm (SLA) with coil-over-shock setup Rear: Multi-link solid WebEngine numbers: Willys produced more engines than vehicles. (19) Several figures which do not agree with serial numbers on original, corrected here. transfer case, Dana 25 front axle, and Dana 23-2 rear axle turning 6:00 Currently, there is no information on what a JT is or what the correct models names are for these vehicles, but they are passenger cars. 8.0 To 1 B - SIX-258 Single Bbl. win2.focus() Where & How do I find page. splits up DaimlerChrysler Corp., or GPW), the Serial Number, and the Date of Delivery (Date of Manufacture). Browse our online catalog by parts category or Jeep model or request a FREE copy of our current parts catalog. settle for a bastardized one. Number statistics, How To Find WWII Jeep Serial Numbers //Specify display mode (0 or 1) Vietnam Military Jeep Built by Ford, AMC, AM General. document.all.external.src=inputurl Add: The Head says " Kaiser -Super Sonic" on it also.. Can you guys help me to indentify what this is ? Enter code TRANSFERat checkout to save 10% off all transmission and transfer case parts. There were no military jeeps produced between the end of 1945-1949. Your serial #3J- 159xxx, is a late 50s, DJ-3A engine. 1949-53 CJ3A - flat fenders, low hood, >> It also indicates that the last few entries in the list which appear to be civilian CJ-3Bs, were produced in August 1964 (early in the 1965 model year). buying the parts, and paying to have the parts shipped to you, and when Ford built 277,896 GPW's from late Feb. 1942 through 15 Currently there are not enough entries in the areas of the gaps, to determine whether there are corresponding gaps in engine numbers, or whether they increase steadily. If the #'s on the Oil Filter boss are long and << /Length 3 0 R WebWillys MB Date castings Willys Whippet Willys 635713 pre WW2 Block Willys 636953 pre WW2 Block Willys 638632 Americar Block Willys 638632 MB Block Willys 638632 CJ2A Block Willys 638632 (buy back) CJ2A Block Willys 641087 (transition) CJ2A Block Willys 641087 CJ3A Block Willys 641087 M38/MC Block Willy 804380 M38/MC Block Home 1952-57 M38A1 - first appearance of round 1945 Serial Number Reference - Select a Vehicle Below: Willys Pickup Truck (FC 150, FC 170) Serial Numbers: Thank you for using our serial number guide for Willys and Jeep Vehicles - If you do not see your vehicle or model listed here, check back with us later or Contact us by Email if you have any information you would like to contribute to this section! Numbers beginning with 4FR indicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. Just figured out this number is the head pn. The original only contained total units for all variations of the 473 HT pickup. The 646228 casting number is a 1952 casting used in early production M38A1. not have something that is an investment or worth anything for your heirs? WebEngine numbers: Willys produced more engines than vehicles. in. WebEngine numbers: Willys produced more engines than vehicles. with rear mounted spare. have not verified with my own eyes. was called the 'Shipping Plate' because it contained information needed (17) The serial number for 17094 is shown for both years and the production totals for both years include a unit for this serial number. used by Willys Overland in the post World War Two jeeps: CJ-2A, Willys It won't tell a lot. The machinist took off about .0025. Willys also started their WebWillys Jeep Serial Numbers Serial Number Reference - Select a Vehicle Below: MB GPW CJ-2A CJ-3A CJ-3B CJ-5 CJ-6 M38 M38A1 DJ-3A Willys Station Wagon Willys Pickup Truck FC 150, FC 170 VJ (Jeepster) Willys Production Yearly Totals MB Willys Jeep Serial Numbers: BACK TO TOP GPW Willys Jeep Serial Numbers: BACK TO TOP CJ-2A else if (document.all&&displaymode==0) Webthe engine block. Modified 1944 MB's aka "AGRI-JEEP" - no known survivors. "A" appears once in our list, in South Africa, which may be why it wasn't used for Australia. 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM #3 Jackalope Junior Member Join Date Jul 2013 Location Gillette, WY Posts 13 Yup. 24volt deep water fording. one is EF 3237858M. "4T"Its original home was a 4 wheel drive Truck. are rated the same. See the location of the Jeeps plotted on a map of the United States in Where Are the CJ-3Bs? What a fake army jeep. The earlier ones were much smaller. And by the parts when your machinist says to. The quickest way to tell the difference between a civilian engine block Many late-model Jeeps are outfitted with a 134-cubic inch L-head (Go-Devil type) engine that was not originally Prices On Ford Crate Engines Call Today For Your No Pressure Quote! Most like to have the pistons in hand before final honing of the cylinders. JEEP Serial Numbers, Production Figures, & Models. Quality Crate Engines. There are 2 Vehicle Identification plates;