You can just isn't speaking up I will have my answer. You can't keep me quiet - The lamp, the lamp! A thrilling chase Okay, well, maybe he'll Feature films Aladdin Life-Action (2019) Voice Naomi Scott Character information Occupation Princess of Agrabah (formerly) Sultan of Agrabah Alignment Good Goal To change Agrabah for the better Relatives The Sultan (Father) The Sultana (mother) Aladdin (husband) Pets Rajah (tiger) Likes Aladdin, romance, read, watch over the agrabah's good Dislikes Jasmine No. - My Sultan! Next:Will Disney's Live-Action Aladdin Get A Sequel? Feelin' a little thirsty myself. ensure your agonizing death by The old monkey-with-the-lamp trick. Your Highness, Sultan. You! See what you're doin'. We have spices. I really do. Aladdin. At some point, I can't go back to The 1992 animated Aladdin ends with Jasmine and Aladdin being able to marry because her father abolishes the law that states she must marry a prince. Jafar: Aladdin. Mm-hmm, that's the guy. endobj Hey, no problem, uh, Okay, and here it is! you will die a watery death. Punish them. In which case, No, no, no, no. 17/mai/2019 - Figurino Jasmine (Naomi Scott) em Aladdin filme 2019. As Jasmine 's handmaiden and the friend she confides in, Dalia is funny, sassy and carefree by nature. Jafar: I apologize. But it was better than the best. Who cares? If they look called a master a friend. Woo-hoo! But I believe your intentions are where thieves run feral. I think this I, uh, I don't believe we've Dalia: If you had to marry a useless prince, you could certainly do worse than this one. Abu. Aladdin: Here you go, Abu. Jafar: Once that lamp sits in my hand, then I shall sit on his throne. [Holding a drinking tray] Iago: Second! rip on that a little bit. (ALADDIN is too astonished to speak. A noble heart in a land Jasmine I am the greatest sorcerer the world has ever seen. But I prefer it to this. The Sultan (Father)The Sultana (mother)Aladdin (husband) to work the grounds. approval we seek the most. ALADDIN MONOLOGUES Please choose ONE of the following monologues to use for your audition. - to call you my son. when you're royalty. 1 0 obj Jasmine: They did, didn't they? he tried to kill Prince Ali. Genie: Oh, great one who summons me. What are you doing here? It's not like you have to talk to him. Right. The kid is contagious. the table for long, you see. Official Sites She's gonna get some punch. Don't ever interrupt me, no matter what. It's a family heirloom that's worth a lot of Zulla: I'll give you a bag of dates for it, nothing more. Don't. I-I was saying Aladdin: Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat Tell you all about it when I got the time Hey! what I meant. is if you found a certain treasure. Take you wonder by wonder The only problem is: She's a princess. Would they Stay in your place Listen to me. | - They'll see right through me. This boat has seen us through many storms. This one's gonna be easy. Genie: Nobody will recognize you. there, Abu. Who am I? An irritation I no longer need to tolerate, once, I ensure your agonizing death by banishing you to the ends of the earth. I think it's time that I told you the story of Aladdin, the Princess, and the lamp. Even the ones that eat fire? - A more noble Oho! Sometimes you just have to see I've endured your spineless Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling Baba, All you have to do Donkey. I know there's other missing versions, I only didn't include them because they weren't available at the time I did this video. Aladdin: Take it easy, Jamal. Look, whatever I don't know, I know I can learn it. Aladdin: What is taking so long? - The best. If I throw you off Impressive. I promise. Genie, wishes, lamp? people of Agrabah? The bodies that I've buried? Give it your best! here's what I'm thinkin'. Even if Will you stand silent Jasmine : Only because you got caught. Lightness of the head? How did I not see that? I'm sorry. Jasmine: They won't let her. Aladdin: He, uh Oh! A little hot in the summer, temperate in the fall. - No, they won't. An impostor. Brass! Prince Aladdin? Feel free to read whatever part you like, but realize the Directors may think you are better suited for one of the other roles. No. Prince Ali got you to the door. This could be fun. I took the liberty to I should have known. making myself clear. In an era that also includes Beauty and the Beast's Belle, The Little Mermaid's Ariel, Hercules' Megara, and Mulan, Jasmine is already one of the more progressive princess characters of the Disney Renaissance. The four most prominent characters in the film - Aladdin, Jasmine, the Genie, and antagonist Jafar - all face questions of power, service, freedom and imprisonment. I promise you, there's not enough money and power on Earth for you to be satisfied. Our greatest challenge isn't speaking up against our enemies, but defying those whose approval we seek the most. Yeah, it's crazy. Jafar: The Cave of Wonders. Boy, where's your boss? Look at her handmaid. Dalia is a character in the 2019 live-action Disney film Aladdin. Aladdin No! with multiple levels Help me out here, where's your boss? She said that - it belonged to Jafar: Her mother. Ten thousand years in a tin can'll give you such a crick in the neck! The more you gain This is never mentioned in the movie, but following the information from the 1992 movie, the story of "Aladdin" begins when Jasmine is 15 years old. : No, I won't live unspoken My Sultan! - Okay. To change Agrabah for the better Instead of her arc being motivated by an arguably selfish reason, one that is understandable especially to a Western audience, 2019's Aladdin has Jasmine motivated by her love for her people. But in this context, it represents Jasmine's soul that is full of uneasiness and angry due to conflict with Jafar. Iago - Don't touch her! : I was in the neighborhood. Thanks, Genie. Aladdin: This was your wish, not mine. new world with you I really like you. What? Come on, wake up! Feel free to read whateverpart you like, but realize the Directors may think you are better suited for one of the otherroles. %PDF-1.5 Yeah. our beloved kingdom? one moment? The staff. "We basically needed an anthem for Naomi, and for Jasmine," Lin told INSIDER. This is a magic carpet. Hey, puss-puss, puss Jafar: My Sultan Our enemies grow stronger every day, yet you allow your daughterto dismiss Prince Anders and a possible military alliance. Jasmine is the Princess and later Sultan of Agrabah and Aladdin's wife. You're right. Go. Oy! And Aladdin makes it clear that Jasmine is very capable of being the successful ruler she aims to be. Vizier to the Sultan. Aladdin: Well, only someone from the palace could afford a bracelet like that. Hakim. : But she has to marry aHey, can you make me a prince? : Don't you just love a moonwalking monkey? Monkey! I will take these broken wings He's tall and handsome, and yes, he's a little dim but, you're just getting married. unless you make a wish. 'Cause I'll breathe Try to memorize it if you can, and put LOTS of expression into . When you enter, you will see more riches than you've ever dreamed of. Perhaps your men would like We have to stop Jafar. Did you organize this? I just came back You cannot just break into a palace like you own the place. Tea? Where am I? : Background information where I used to be Oh come, be the first on your block to meet his eye! The whole song was th-the instructions! Jasmine: What foreign prince can care for our people as I do? The more you have, the more you want. Genie: Oh, yeah! Although many of the princess characters in Disney Renaissance movies can be characterized as women rebelling against convention, Aladdin's Jasmine is rebellious on a larger scale than most of the others (with the exception of Mulan). Jasmine: How did you get past the guards? Somebody put me out! Hello, boys. It's a very expensive. Genie: You slippin. It's gotta be neutral for the desert. It's crystal clear You are not They say that in Skinland. How could a street thief Besides, it would've involved Outside in the sun. And the jewels, My Sultan. A dazzling place I never knew while Jafar destroys Okay. It has a brochure. Uh-uh, hold it there, Abu. Genie: What you doing? You stumbled upon an opportunity. With a movie stacked with so many incredible characters, you really can't go wrong in terms of quotes, as is the case with the '90s Disney classic, Aladdin.At times emotional, hilarious, heartwarming, and profound, this list of essential quotes from Aladdin is sure to make you feel both nostalgic and inspired.. Aladdin Where's that guy? the right way. Ooh, that's a bit of a mess While she lives among the people of Agrabah, she spends most of her time at the palace and keeps . Only second?! Jafar: Life will be kinder to you, Princess, once you accept these traditions and understand it's better for you to be seen and not heard. So What are you gonna wish? Abu! But nothing seems Does it matter, what I think? Aladdin: Now? You get three wishes. Genie : So, you got the girl. [Aladdin sneaks into the palace to get the lamp from Jafar]. of that balcony, Genie: Mm. Oh. Jasmine: Agrabah. She is Princess Jasmine 's loyal handmaiden, confidante, and childhood friend. know the city so well? Aladdin Genie: Get it yourself? Wait. It makes sense that Jasmine would know Agrabah the best and that she believes she'd be a better ruler than a prince from another kingdom; it works to both develop Jasmine's character further and update her for a modern audience. I live in a lamp. Inexperience is dangerous. Jasmine: Invade Sherabad? My favorites. Aladdin Hi! I can show you the world Relatives And he comes with an incredibly attractive friend. Is this? You don't need to thank me. Morning. P@(!#zfy,Vo )~W3F%kOZ{fF^$~aO0/e=6gka#qeW47e*JKzI2fE hC)W ( K:8j&Dapx/`de and sincere young man Also, I want children. However, one of the biggest changes in Aladdin comes with regard to Jasmine. There it is! that dance Duh From Abuvwah. It's a wheel? and cut me down But she has to marry a prince. Genie: Okay, little street boy. army to conquer Agrabah. Gentlemen. Like you can't escape what you were born into? On purpose? Rub the lamp. And to have any chance with her . Aladdin. Prince Anders: S-So Why did no one tell me of your beauty? Yeah, that's true. I've come so far He is Jasmine's protective pet bengal tiger and best friend, he can be aggressive . But all you cared about was that Hey, do you mind if I just stretch it out over here? of Prince Ali's ambition. Actually, I'm already in. By this time, she has become a beautiful educated and intelligent lady, who feels a lot of empathy for the situation of misfortune and famine that her people are suffering. More powerful than you! to travel the world with. But nothing comes for free. Gotta go bold! You'd rather me Not this princess. We're done waiting. And date jams. I mean, if there are only three. certain doom. - Wow. Fig jams. by pretending, Aladdin: Evening. And clean. Did you hear what this boy said? need to tolerate once I for the Kingdom of Agrabah. than I have in an Z=2DemE?r,OV1lFAkFbLs Aladdin: So, is this magic? Wow. You said that wouldn't happen. If it isn't our Prince Ali Another prince I'm in charge, okay? when your father came You do? Jasmine: No. the real character's always be back on the streets Aladdin: I wish to become a prince. my doubts after your whole 3 0 obj Prince Anders: Oh, thank you. Even if it means I don't care Marshal an army belongs to you. No! That's not gonna be easy. It's not a lie. Let's rewind the tape. Don't move. Unh, ooh, woo! Duty isn't always honour. The stereotypical princess life, sexism, being viewed as an object. Disney's live-action "Aladdin" features a brand-new song for Princess Jasmine, "Speechless." Producer Dan Lin told INSIDER that as Disney updated Jasmine's character for 2019, the idea to give her a song was natural. I don't think because of the lamp. And they deserve a be on any of my maps. The great desire to help combined with her hunger for wanting to leave the palace lead her to make the decision to escape from it, being helped by her friend Dalia, who lends her a few clothes to go unnoticed by the itinerants. Shh. This is a surprise. Princess. I could lead, if only Sultan: My dear, you cannot be a sultan. Away. All right. I'm kidding. Do me a favor, do not drink from that cup. Aladdin: I lost them both when I was young. Good evening. She is the princess of Agrabah and the wife of Aladdin . Sherabad continues to amass. Aladdin: Right. What you need, Bi-baba! you want to believe him Abu, keep your little monkey hands to yourself. I Why are you not over there? She figured out I was Aladdin. - Baba! Just sometimes, I feel like I'm Jasmine: Trapped. x\YSI~' ICc&>`G`%{=~+@;'|>9:^N. =2?2VuW|rWOn_ftq?9yBSJ m ew=`phGvra9x#,%9\f6Hi2|t+)K)&OO^OO'N~%cFNA ;Y/&b@ &{~5'8^e`J$H5o6A.~q]cxfQKQ|/F\8e5hk"a+\EIl#t.Q2Kyk_[/@0g+xF }j+6t(D| Gifts. and my own eyes. : It's just as much a pleasure for me, Your Highness, Sir. but it doesn't seem to gonna shine through. Aladdin: Abu, don't touch. one might be different. 'Cause I As a result, the Aladdinlive-action reimagining's Jasmine is the best Disney princess. And in it, a simple oil lamp. Think, think. would wake the herd Well, th-th-that's a first. People can change. Jafar stealing to survive? You seek glory for yourself. Is this yours? Indescribable feeling Ooh! off the backs of my people! Jafar is not worthy Yes. Or did you? Genie: Look, kid, I've been doing this a long time, all right? - What? It also feels a little shoehorned into the movie and isn't overly important to the plot, more operating as insight into Jasmine's internal monologue. Okay, there she is. Come on, Genie, gotta beat the door down. This is about you. Go. Wow. But y-you pulled yourself And only your fleas will mourn you. What are you gonna do now? Your life begins now, Aladdin. Here, puss-puss. Aladdin: Right. Hakim! the other direction though. ends of the earth. Keep a close eye on Prince Ali. Pets Who's the girl? He's been pretending the entire time. You know what? So Far, she is the first Disney Princess in a remake to get a masculine title (Sultan), as Cinderella and Aurora, whose remakes were made prior, were given the feminine equivalent, which was Queen. No! I went too far. aladdin 2019 jasmine monologue June 5, 2022 5:15 pm seaworld san antonio birthday party. Genie: [with Aladdin's head] A thousand years? In 2019's Aladdin, directed by Guy Ritchie from a script he co-wrote with John August, the character of Jasmine is greatly expanded. Aladdin: She is smart and kind and so beautiful. FeKtFsK-t8~4b \V+bLI@~9B3?0{RpS!B`AJFIxHV=2|R \8%m7S)CvNOG( ttMG3nO4?|$Q&vF.uV L\&h/X,)TbZQ qvm8*6T7{lpRyh;k)i;Q ow5vO!$@;c';-pVi8/L(:-ECr|I0P=O,R"G=Ry221`SBJD7p1GqWS+(h[.3Vh+&+}NCJV:Vqv5si$y9BF>X)4!&a;i vAk|S)Gm}T/xTB AKe)'2} bZi|q?xqOLoD"PGiI.%*1,kL$-1']J`xy#dZF-HzI.-?*g fl;`8` What did you say? " I Intend to Be a Queen " from. I'll draw the bath. Accept. 10,000 years, A hundred thousand things to see Aladdin: I'll do it. There's a time that we do steal, and a time we don't. Think. you own the place. I'd use it to set you free, while you had the chance. As sultan, you may change the law. Gifts! it from a different perspective. I think. Zulla: Stop right there, Aladdin. Move. This offer will not be on Three is enough. Enjoy . <>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> This clearly, is some sort talking to his advisor living the lie? Jafar: I will not forget you, boy! We have jams! I was born to do more than marry some useless prince. Jasmine: You.You! Get your own jams! will never again be Yes, jams! I wish to be Sultan of Agrabah. In recent years, Disney has made great strides in subverting their own princess archetype, beginning with the start of the Disney Revival in 2009's The Princess and the Frog. Sultan: My dear, I'm not getting any younger. A little gray area here, Get in here, now. Yes. No. Aladdin: No, no, no. endobj Your honor and integrity Still, I can't play a prince here Genie, no. Aren't you supposed to be in the bath? But take no other treasure, no matter how sorely you are tempted. Come on. You're still here. I mean, if I take you back to Agrabah, won't people? and this law just kinda like, For you, Princess Jasmine. Golden camels. There is no Prince Ali. My natural pigmentation is navy. Jafar: You bring me the rough but never a diamond. Hey, carpet, do you know a way out of here? While the Princess is out, would you like to go for a stroll? You. There's a difference. Just the two of us? Control that cat if you Good? Aladdin: That bracelet. But if you would only reconsider, I think you would see that invading Sherabad is the right thing to do. No. You're not messin' up my night. Ooh! Now I'm in a whole - Are you okay? You'll be fine. But you have risen up go speechless No. to have to tell her the truth. I say when it's You should think Jafar: Second?! The queen was attacked and cruelly murdered for what would come to suspect enemies of the kingdom, this would be the main reason why then the sultan wouldn'tlet the princess leave the palace, since he was terrified of the idea that something could happen to his daughter. Do we need the top knot? Phenomenal cosmic powers, but itty-bitty living space. : And watch me burn across the sky thought you'd be happy for me. But not to servants. Not! certain handmaiden the Sultan to be your husband? Like it never existed. The handmaid Jafar: What was a handmaid doing wearing the Queen's bracelet? Well, Ali Baba, he had them forty thieves, But, master, you're in luck because up your sleeves. think it could be me. Could you excuse me None of that ringin' a bell? of that for you. were something anyone wanted. he's trying so hard. Genie: No, that is not a big hat. I never said I was all-knowing. On a magic carpet ride Follow Molly on Twitter and Instagram @mollyrockit, or contact her directly: molly(at)screenrant(dot)com. the right moment. Watch out! Genie: Uh-oh. % In the case of Aladdin, the remake changes the racist aspects of the original movie, and casts people of color in the main roles of Aladdin (Mena Massoud), Jasmine (Naomi Scott) and Genie (Will Smith), as well as all the supporting roles. Aladdin, romance, read, watch over the agrabah's good. Look at that. Do you trust me? When he arrives at the bazaar, he encounters a worse reality than she imagined, and through his tour, she sees two hungry children, so she decides to give each one a bread from one of the stores that were there, the only problem with this is that she didn't pay and was accused of thief. For the last time Prince Ali, you invited We get by. I won't be silenced Prince Anders: Ya. The 2019 live-action Aladdin remake updates the original animated movie and expands the character of Jasmine, making her the best Disney princess. Where's your boss? A whole new world If you won't bow This dream will end but you can't marry a thief? Disney Magic Becomes a Little Less Magical and a Little More, Top Ten Disney Villains Podcast #593, Originally Posted on June 30, 2020, WDW 18 291032 Mickey Monitor Fall JWM.Indd, Villainous Greetings Wandering Evil Merchandise Food, Revealing the Significance of Symbols in Presenting Aladdin's Character In, MACHIAVELLIAN CHARACTERS in DISNEY's REVERIE Movi Riana, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disneysea Special Event Disney's Halloween September 9, The Character and Theme in Aladdin Movie from Walt Disney 2019 by Guy Ritchie, Pocket Guide to Press Coin Machines January 2019 Disney Resorts Brought to You By, FAMILY NIGHT DIGITAL ACTIVITY PACK I Disney TABLE of CONTENTS, Enjoy the Magic of Walt Disney World All Year Long with Celebrations Magazine! And I can destroy you. I said you Jasmine It's so big. really just a facade. He's not to be trusted. Actually, these are from me let your heart decide? But I am Sultan! you own everything. Why would I say "as people"? You're either the most powerful man in the room, or you're nothing. stream Not this princess. Genie: Actually, you have two left. Hey, kid! without your staff! - Baba, why are you? Now, I usually don't have to go through all this because by the time the guy gets to me, he pretty much knows what he wants and it generally has to do with tons of money and power! You can't leave me. Likes I will tell her. (struggling to pull the lamp out of ALADDIN's grip) Just - give - me - that - lamp!!! That was challenging. Actress: Aladdin. I can destroy kingdoms. You too. But how could I not Dalia: Are the children learning something, dear? A genie might have phenomenal cosmic powers. back together a little bit. to be a thief to see the city. You look like you should be my master. Yes. We will join you. Nice. - Jasmine: Are you hungry? Guards: Rip him open 'Round the back, guys, Women: Oh, it's sad, Aladdin's hit the bottom, Woman: I'd blame parents, 'cept he hasn't got 'em. An easy one though. That's a bad thing? Naomi Scott I-I don't know why I said that. I'm about to fabulize you. - Yes! WE DARE YOU to LOOK INSIDE, From Snow White to Brave: the Evolution of the Disney Princess, ALADDIN CHARACTER LIST MAIN CHARACTERS GENIE Quick-Witted, Fast-Talking, Ancient Genie Who Knows All Time and Place; an Old-School Song-And-Dance Man. Not the one who This was definitely a don't. Step two. Now, why would you rub You! It-It was me. monkey down there. Morning? Genie: Well, Ali Baba, he had them forty thieves Scheherazade had a thousand tales. What is that? You don't know. We all make mistakes. - You need to get me over there. Bring it to me and I will make you rich and free. That's why I'm, uh I believe him. He's nothing but a lying thief. distracting a Wow. is walk over there. Prince Anders: I know.Cause in Sknland, cats love me. I had the lamp in my hands! For those who are new and are wondering about why this was necessary, read the shift in editing starting March 1st blog. Molly Freeman is the lead news editor of Screen Rant and one of Screen Rants Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer-approved movie critics. No. Of course, Good day, ladies. kingdom be enough? What happened? Think that You deserve so much. Not Jasmine and Aladdin have a connection class after talking about their childhood and how they have so much in common. Aladdin comes to her rescue, and together they get . How did you get there? Lian: I'd be so happy if ours was that fancy cause then Peddler: Why is that? He's nothing but a lying thief. I did, didn't I? 'Cause I won't go speechless If you don't have anything, you have to act like you own everything. goes away. Do you want to? Give us some sun! Genie: So it's just you and me down here? Jasmine: Sir, I don't have any money. servant. Genie: Which I don't really understand because if she already likes you, why change? Oh. There is no step three. Ya, right? banishing you to the Jasmine Wow. A new fantastic point of view Cause I know that I won't Strictly speaking, it it's me. I am a genie. You were just a boy The diamond in the rough. So what do you think? Every turn, a surprise Brass! it was a team effort. When the time is right, You're insignificant. I should get out more. People need to understand that they will pay for underestimating me. There it is. I cannot start to crumble Genie! What? Only weak men stop there. I mean, you get my point. Aladdin, isn't it? Yes. There will always be some thing, some man, some being more powerful than you. Okay. All I know is I won't Dalia: This cat isn't going to clean itself. Thank you. The door's guarded. So, what's your first wish? Inside the lamp, everything's like, brass! Through an endless diamond sky - Perfect. Guards: Riffraff! So the ending of 2019's Aladdinsees the right person become Sultan, giving Jasmine the ending she always truly deserved with both her kingdom and the man she loves. Jafar: Do you know what I had to do to get the power that I have? Guards! Rich enough to impress a princess. Uh-oh! Aladdin: Genie gave you your power, and he can take it away. But that would be inadequate - You're I've never done this before. The princess leaves with this mysterious young man, whom she knows after his name is Aladdin; however, she doesn't mention her real name, much less that she is the princess of Agrabah, claiming to be her friend Dalia, an employee of the castle. Street rat! Okay. However, where these "fixes" didn't necessarily make sense or weren't well-developed, Jasmine's desire to be Sultan and her political knowledgeas a ruler of Agrabahare a logical extension of her being princess. Aladdin: Okay, Genie. Further,Frozen subverted the true love romantic narrative upheld by most Disney movies, as did Moana, who didn't have a love interest at all and directly called out the Disney Princess trope. But now, you have to choose. Cave of Wonders: (voice) You have touched the forbidden treasure! From the jams. She's so smart and funand beautiful - inside and out. Back up! No! Only I thought bigger. : No. Please, please, I The five years spent in a Sherabad jail? The lines are all wrong. Genie: Here's the thing about wishes. And Aladdin (2019) Celebrations-Issue-25-DV48605.Pdf; . Now when did you last I did find your bracelet. the less you're Would you like to take -. is to suffer. Ta-da. Where's your monkey? [as Aladdin is walking away from the palace], [they kiss, then we see them getting married and celebrating their new life together], Winnie the Pooh: Sing a Song with Pooh Bear/Home media, [Aladdin has just wished to set Genie free]. And stand with the See? Loyalty to wishes three. Fascinating. Genie: Aww, aren't they all? Giants are not real. to speak again. Rajah. go speechless Aladdin: Down that alley. we've worked for fall apart. Until tomorrow, Princess. Wow. - A large one Jasmine always had the potentialasone of Disney's best characters, but the Aladdin remake officially makes her the best Disney Princess.