Most people swallow hard when they look at the price tag on a pair of Swarovski, Zeiss or Vortex Binoculars. In that application, it is obvious to me that the glass is simply superior to anything else, bar none, and was well worth the money. Compared to Nightforce and Swarovski, its all those things, but its also a great bargain in a very versatile rimfire scope. The glass is good, it has a lifetime guarantee, and the price should appeal to Production Class PRS shooters. It features state-of-the-art technology and is there when you need it the most-especially for that long range shot. The industry has been racing to extend the magnification range of riflescopes, ramping up from the traditional 3X (3X-9X) to 4X and now 6X (2X-12X), and even 8X (1X-8X or 3X-24X). This is because the wider the range the more versatile that scope will be. I understand this is an old thread, but want to reply anyway. Below are a list of the top six brands that make rifle scopes, and they all got on this list for a variety of reasons. Other considerations are batteries, warranties and size options. Thats quoted from swaro when I called. Its true, I was far from understanding, never mind possessing, the sophisticated versions of todays weapons. Burris products are not only used by the occasional hunter or sports shooter, but some of their rifle scopes are used by professionals throughout the entire world. For more about choosing the top rifle scope, watch the below video: Just like any other product, there are a lot of different brands and companies that make rifle scopes, but just like with every other product, there are a number of brands that stick out in the market. I understand the Leupolds have a strong fan following and the glass is very clear as well. I honestly cant remember having this much difficulty explaining a new product in the optics market! In the past, the old metallic sights that were placed on rifles were a lot harder to aim with than the newer scopes on the market today. Yea I also like the leupold warranty that comes with it compAred to the swarovski warranty! Obviously you could buy two separate scopes (the 65mm and 80mm) for less than one X eyepiece and a 65mm and 95mm objective modules, but if you did that, then you wouldnt the 95mm, and that would be a mistake. (800) 426-3089 info-us@swarovskioptik.com Mon - Fri 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM EST. I've never owned a scope that was over $600 and honestly I'd have to study to understand all the functions properly. Comparing my 3-10X42 Z3 to my 1.7-10X42 Z6i, the Z6 to my eyes has a tiny bit better resolution. This classy second-plane scope bucks a significant trend in sports optics. This new iteration continues the low-profile push-to-turn (and re-zeroable) elevation turret and capped windage controls, but in an appeal to hunters as well as steel-ringers, this is an MOA-based scope. The price of this 8-times scope is extremely competitive. The excellent first-plane PR1 non-illuminated reticle pairs well with very positive turrets, which deliver a whopping 100 MOA of elevation adjustment in the 35mm tube. Its glass was not nearly as good as my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X. We also deducted points for stingy eye relief, and optical quality that placed the Ares near the bottom of the category. Great choices. The Austrian manufacturer, Swarovski is considered by some critics as the worlds best when it comes to scopes. Variable Scopes By far the most common, variable scopes are useful if magnification of the target is needed for a clean shot. They offer a variety of different products that are ranked top of the market, and they are known for making Triple Duty, Ezekiel, and Pinnacle rifle scopes that excel in performance. Youll also see a growing trend: the integration of electronics. Today, the shooting and hunting industry has drastically upped their game in terms of rifle scope technology. As stated earlier, Athlon is one of the top brands on the market for making high quality rifle scopes, and this particular rifle scope is just one of the mid price range examples of why they made it to the top brand list. The second-plane hash reticle (called the Riton Hunting Reticle) tuned to MOA references is also useful for either hunting or shooting. Never sent it back to swaro. Click here to learn more and see its price, The Vortex Viper PA 30mm Tube Rifle Scope, Zeiss Conquest Rifle scopes 5-2550 Black Rapid Z 1000, Nightforce NXS Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 5.5-22x 56MM Hi-Speed, Best Scopes for a Rimfire (.22lr) Rifle in 2023, Reviews of the Best Thermal Imaging Rifle Scopes for 2023. The idea is to use the turrets to dial your shooting solution, rather than rely on hold-over. It is one of the top rifle scopes on the market today. Also Leupold moved to a dual erector doing setup to help eliminate the problem they were having on the vx-5 and vx-6 series scope. But testers concluded that while its very good controls and ample magnification range work well for either pursuit, the second-plane reticle holds it back from broader versatility. It was a Swaro, was the problem. We also liked the weight. Probably won't be shooting past 500 yrds and having problem deciding if the z6 is worth the extra money thinking of 5-30. The best way to answer this question is this. After some headaches I figured out it was the scope. Andrew McKean is Outdoor Lifes hunting and conservation editor, drilling into issues that affect wildlife, wildlands, and the people who care about them. Seeing them in low light conditions can be difficult, especially when using cheap glass. Many of you have already started to do the math on how much it would cost to put together your own dream X system scope. As a matter of fact, the larger the objective lens on a rifle scope is, the harder it is to be able to hold your rifle properly. They have over 40 countries that they distribute their products too outside of the United States. As I write this, the new ATX and STX X-Series Swarovski Spotting Scopes should start arriving on USA soil in mid-to-late September. Whether youre looking to shoot a bullet that is unavailable in factory ammo, seeking better performance from your rifle, or tracking down accurate load data for a new rifle without spending a weeks pay on components, Unknown Munitions has you covered. Compact, sturdy and lightweight, Swarovskis Z3 and Z5 seem to be the top rated scopes of choice. The scope is waterproof and nitrogen purged. Plus, with 80 MOA of elevation adjustment inside the 30mm tube, you can dial the exposed turret to your hearts content. The heart of the Z5 is a second-plane plex reticle that has windage hashes but no elevation references. The magnification range suits most purposes, which testers insisted must include sheep hunting, if only to further justify their pending purchases of ultralight rifles on which to mount the Maven. Read More 12 Best Muzzleloader Scopes Worth the Money (2023) Optics. Good glass that is crystal clear and is a joy to look through. Here is a list of our top three Swarovski Binoculars: Swarovski 1556 SLC Waterproof Binoculars Swarovski CL Pocket 825 Binoculars SIG also provides the option to order a custom elevation turret thats tuned to specific loads. This scope can be recommended for just about all types of weather, because it is shock proof, water proof, and fog proof. When using a rifle scope, all you have to do to get a kill on your target is line up your cross hairs or reticles on the target that you are aiming at. There are a large number of factors that need to go into thought when choosing the right rifle scope. Lots of good high-end glass, I'm sure all of it good. I had four z5 5-25X. Props to its classy, timeless design. SIG Sauers Tango6 disappoints in all those categories, which surprised us because the companys Versatile Riflescope submission, the Whiskey5, punched way above its price point. Verified purchase: No. Coming on the heels of the remarkable first-plane Vudu 1-6 Precision scope, we had high hopes that this 1-8 EOTech would deliver all the versatility of its predecessor. If youre a mountain hunter in a situation that requires critical precision and accuracy, the Swarovski Z5 3.5-1844 BT is the scope youll want in your hands. On most medium variable scopes, the standard object lens size is anywhere from 40 to 44 millimeters. Swarovski Rifle Scopes are perfect for a wide variety of uses, ranging from hunting moving targets to long-range hunting. Phone:1-800-291-8065Email:info@outdoorsmans.com, Address16851 E Parkview AvenueSte 101Fountain Hills, AZ 85268, OUTDOORSMANS LONG RANGE PACK SYSTEM REVIEW, ** total_quantity ** | ** unit_price ** / ** unit_measure **. It is used mainly for hunting anything at long range, including predators, big game, and varmints. But this new configuration improves on the platform. The illuminated MOA turret is useful for hunting or target shooting, the 4X16X magnification range covers most uses, and the glass is bright and crisp. While the Highspeed turret provides 12 MRAD per revolution, the total internal adjustment disappointed the test team. Mar 03, 2023 (The Expresswire) -- The . The only disadvantage I've ever found is the adjustment range of the turret system of this line. The clearer the optics, the better the eye relief, the longer a person is willing to sit and watch for movement. The field of view for this scope at 5.5x magnification is 17.5, and the field of view at 22x magnification is 4.7 at 100 yards. The industry has been racing to extend the magnification range of riflescopes, ramping up from the traditional 3X (3X-9X) to 4X and now 6X (2X-12X), and even 8X (1X-8X or 3X-24X). TIP: When it comes time to purchasing a scope, aim (no pun intended) for the best! The spec sheet states that the 85mm delivers the same magnification as the 65mm, but I doubt this is true. The use of a rifle scope has made it a lot easier for the majority of people to be able to line up a kill shot on their target. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. The Tango6 doesnt fail on any basis. I love my nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 ffp. The Tango6 travels 23.2 mils on the elevation axis and only 14.5 mils of windage. Ultimately, we settled on the latter question, and concluded that as appealing as the price is, we think you may be underwhelmed with the Crimson Trace. And the price satisfies the requirement of the Production Class, scopes retailing under $2,000. You cannot adjust the magnification on fixed scopes like you can on variables. The Swarovski scored high on our price/value assessment, and we love the light weight and light-hungry 50mm objective lens, but we concluded the system limits its versatility. The majority of rifle users want the best scope for their rifle in order to help with whatever it is they are hunting. What this means is the field of view is the amount that you are actually able to see from right to left at a distance through your scope. Optically the Z6 is supposed to be an upgrade too. We loved the weight26 ouncesand the 12-inch length for mounting on a variety of platforms. This is the largest objective lens ever offered in the premium scope market. Leupold Vs. Swarovski..Yeah, another one. The compact dimensionsits only 12 inches longmake it a great choice for a carbine. The 6-24x50mm offers big zoom, an illuminate reticle, a 30mm tube, and is First Focal Plane. The majority of their products are some of the more reliable and affordable hunting products, like rifle scopes on the market to date. My absolute favorite Vortex optic, the 20-60x85mm Razor HD is a serious piece of glass. The windage turret is capped. At one station trainer Tim Fallon challenged us to hit twenty 9- and 12-inch steel plates at distances from 260 to 589 . So, is $650 a bargain for this scope? The Best Vortex Spotting Scope Money Can Buy. Zeiss Terra 3X Crossbow 2-7X32 Scope with Xb75 Reticle. Then we tested it. This rifle comes with 4-14x magnification, and it is equipped with a 44 millimeter objective lens. And it scored well on our versatility evaluation, since the Mod 5s attributes can be applied almost equally between hunting and shooting. Straight hunting scope with holdovers I think its a fantastic piece of glass. For me the Swar products help define the objects and gather more light than other brands. The connection is absolutely solid and locks into place with an audible click. Its extremely versatile and designed for better low light visibility in big game hunting. There is a lot of incredible information informative there, but it might take you a while to digest, depending on your knowledge and experience. A friend brought it over to do some low light testing. While the trend has been to pack more features inside increasingly large tubes34mm has become the industry norm, and a few brands are going even largerthis 30mm Nightforce seems almost retro. The main advantages you get with the Z6 is much larger field of view, more forgiving eye positioning, an image that literally seems to extend to the very edge of the eyepiece housing, and more robust construction via the coil spring supported erector assy. Swarovski Optik STS-65 HD Spotting Scope with 2060 Eyepiece. But Swarovski has quality in their scopes that surpasses all other brands. The new Swarovski ATX (angled) and STX (straight), hereby known at the X-Series Swarovski Spotting Scopes, are that revolutionary. Out of all the different rifle scopes in this price range, I couldnt narrow down to just one scope, but I was able to narrow it down to the top two rifle scopes for less than $500. You must log in or register to reply here. In looking at the spotting scope market, it seems that the Swarovski ATX is at or near the top of the heap. You wont regret making the investment. The optics inside the 30mm Midas disappointed, especially at higher magnifications. At 500 yards or less the 3 X 18. The image is decent, but finished in the bottom half of the Precision Riflescope field. Their products are very high quality, and generally are in the mid range in terms of price. But, given the well-deserved reputation that Swarovski Optik has gained over 70 years of manufacturing high-quality glass, and the fact this scope pretty much just tells you where to shootthis price is a bargain. Its a one-inch highly precise scope with a five times zoom and weighs in just under a pound. Additional site navigation. Very clear and worth the money! These little trailers can go anywhere your vehicle can go", "The right tentis hard to define. This scope comes with a 50 millimeter objective lens, and it comes with 5-25 magnification ability. If you're also curious to know why a Swarovski glass costs so much and whether or not it's worth saving for, keep reading, and I'll try to clarify your doubts! Andrew McKean Ive already had a few sportsmen mention that it would be a pain to constantly have to put your scope together each time you needed to use it. My only experience with a z6 was a 5-30X. If hunters get a headache while glassing, they will probably quit hunting early, thus reducing the chances of spotting game. Editor's Pick: Swarovski ds Gen II 5-12X52. It comes with a one-piece tube that is 30 millimeters, which makes it easier to store without having to worry about loosing any removable parts. What about the Schmidt & Benders? Testers consensus complaint is that the pull-to-turn elevation turret turnsalbeit hesitantlywithout being pulled. With .2-mil holds on the main stadia and numbered values for whole mils, the illuminated reticle is fast and exact. Every year when magazines do their optics tests, the companies that win the low light contests are companies that make high end optics. Bushnell is one of the older popular rifle scope manufacturers with their products still on the market. The answer from Zeiss is unacceptable, you paid a lot of money for the binoculars and then the glass must be in order, after all Zeiss boasts of good service. Waterproof? During the Civil War, sharpshooters began to use scope-sighted rifles for correlative long distances. We have updated our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy as of May 5th, 2020. Whether youre shooting cans, practicing at a rifle range or big game hunting, Swarovski optics are top notch with unsurpassed quality and craftsmanship like no other. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. ndczerwinski; Aug 25, 2018; 2. The Whiskey5 delivers attributes for both groups, enabling a shooter to use their scope for hunting and for hunters to not feel disadvantaged at a long-range steel match. Nelson says the beautiful thing about good glass is people rarely need to use the warranty. For me it wasnt worth spending the money on the Swarovski. These days, however, the opposite is true. Free Shipping. You should also consider looking at Schmidt & Bender and Swarovski. There are many scopes on the market from many different reputable manufacturers, so choosing the best one is a daunting task. Their shotgun scopes are also among the best. And the Optika6 features a satisfying 40 mils of elevation adjustment inside the beefy 34mm tube. Best Selling in Rifle Scopes. Once you feed the specifics of your load into a mobile app and then into the scopes brain, hitting targets out to 1,000 yards is as simple as pushing the rangefinding button, placing the illuminated holdover on your target, and shooting. A scope allows you to zoom in on your target, and precisely lock in exactly where you want your shot to land. But a reliable scope will cost. With Swarovski optics, youll never have to strain when lining up the shot. In general, the larger the magnification range, the more that particular scope will cost. If youre in the market for a Production Class optic for the Precision Rifle Series, give this very serviceable 34mm scope a look. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Are you planning to get into dialing for distance? Hi there, I'm Will and I'll be your guide. 2. The turret adjustments are very good, and the zero stop, anti-cant indicator, and impressive 72 MOA of elevation adjustment inside the 30mm tube are features borrowed from the precision riflescope market. However, Redfield is still currently one of the top manufacturers of rifle scopes on the market. It has fully multicoated glass for excellent image quality. GPO Passion 3X. We liked the LevelPlex cant indicator, excellent zero stop, and ample mounting dimensions of its 34mm tube. Its the little things that make a difference. Probably not, but we concluded that it is a fair price for a precision scope that should provide years of adequate service. So what sets Swarovski scopes apart from the rest? The Latitude PRS brings very good oversize controls, an illuminated first-plane PRS reticle with generous windage references, and abundant windage and elevation adjustment, but only passable glass. I am new to this forum but am a long time hunter. Since 2001, we have provided the latest in gun rights news, tech reviews and product information. The power ring is located next to the focus ring, making it very easy to manage all the controls on the scope without taking your eye off of the subject. Need more target practice? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. And I personally like the vx5 the most out of the scopes I have. I like the cds dials. Hunters have to see the animal and know where the animal is before they can slip in on it and actually hunt it, Nelson added. The X scope is truly modular in that you can purchase an angled eyepiece or straight eyepiece assembly, either of them for a 65mm, 85mm or 95mm objective lens assembly. Scope advice NF ATACR or Swarovski X5i. Swarovski Spotting Scopes ATX & STX Review, Swarovski dS 5-25x52 Smart Riflescope Review, How To Glass Without Using The Grid Technique. The 95mm is literally and figuratively the big deal. We would expect a 30mm scope to give up significant internal reticle adjustment compared to 34mm models, but the NX8 features 26 mils (90 MOA) of elevation adjustment, more than many of the larger scopes in this years test. The Swarovski ATX/STX/BTX system, with its vast range of objectives, still is at the top of the heap in terms of flexibility and its ability to be whatever scope you need for any type of hunt, assuming you can afford to add the necessary accompaniments. Whether youre big game hunting, shooting the occasional small prey or honing your precise target skills, you can rest assured Swarovski scopes wont let you down. High quality glass can help a person be more successful in the field. They overbuilt the BTX into a super durable single focal length dual eyepiece, making 30x magnification on the 65mm and 85mm objectives while bumping up to 35X on the 95mm objective. Sep 19, 2018. woodnut. Were featuring the Konus not for its image clarity (disappointing) or its design (clunky), but rather for its ingenious reticle system. Contrary from what you might know from Swarovski Optik scopes, it's not just a hollow plastic straw, but contains some optics and a sun-shaped target. Thanks to its high-precision optics and graceful design, the Z3 3-1042 exhibits a slim construction and close mount to the barrel. But, well worth your time. It has a variety of different aspects that make it this way, and it will surely get the job done efficiently and effectively. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. A question I have relates to the eye piece and why do they charge more for the 25x50 then the 20x60. The Swarovski HD ATS-65mm features a 65mm objective lens using BaK-4 prism glass and fluoride-containing HD lenses to minimize chromatic aberrations. Some have created special features that make their scopes better in certain aspects, and some brands have an all around aspect to their products that put them on top. They seem to be pretty high quality too. It was the scopenot the riflethat really made the difference on this shot. Coming to the one we were talking about, how do the below three compare? We believe that America should be free and support the 2nd Amendment. Weekly Deals are sent out on Tuesday at 7PM Eastern Time. But the optics are crisp, and the price is competitive. With such high-end optics, a Swarovski scope can make all the difference in taking the perfect shot. the Swarovski DS really is an amazing piece of technology and well worth looking at. With the 65mm scope, the power runs from 25x-60x; on the 95mm, it goes from 30x up to a whopping 70x. For shooters who would rather dial shooting solutions, the low-profile elevation turret delivers adjustments that are crisp and positive.