The former CEO of Google Eric Schmidt has purchased a swanky Los Angeles estate. The Showtime cable . See you next week. Producer James Hollond (P.S. It had been there since the early 90s so we were like, Yeah, lets pool our money together and get a candy store so now were the proud owners of Samuels Sweet Shop.. Rudd is currently residing in his Rhinebeck, New York, home with his wife of 17 years, Julie Yaeger. Rhinebeck, NY Event Calendar - Events in Rhinebeck - AmericanTowns.com Twitter: @roarEcashin, Star of The Good Wife and Walking Dead, Jeffrey Dean Morgan happens to own a candy store in upstate New York. The Small Westchester Town That Draws Hollywood A-Listers and Billionaires Bedford, N.Y., has attracted residents like Glenn Close, Bruce Willis and George Soros, helping make it one of the. He boarded the Titanic to return to America after hearing of the death of some of his horses during a fire on his property. But the recent Bard grads and graying hipsters who lounge full-time in front of Swallow, a Stumptown-serving coffeehouse, are too busy grousing about that article in Architectural Digest to notice Sam Shepherd sitting next to them. . Some people think the coffee is the best around, which is saying something when you count up all the restaurants (at least 20) that stretch out from the one and only traffic light in town. BIA - Food is soulful and delicious, the ambiance cozy, elegant and inviting. Many are fun, noteworthy and all go to show why the mid-Hudson Valley has been a magnet for many on the national or world stage. (Illo: Lauren Draper and Mark Stinson) Lynn Fisher, a popular bartender at the nearby Iron Horse tavern, notes that Lady Gaga "was in town a month. The assisted-living home where stars live out their golden Canadian teacher with size-Z prosthetic breasts placed on paid leave, What's next for Buster Murdaugh after dad's murder conviction, life sentence, Murdaugh son collapsed outside court after sitting stone-faced through dad's 6-week murder trial: source, Alex Murdaugh shaves head for latest mugshot after learning his fate for killing his wife, son, Tom Sandoval breaks silence on Ariana Madix split amid cheating claims, Kelly Osbourne posts first photo of baby son as he hangs out with uncle Jack, Greys Anatomy alum Isaiah Washington retiring from acting: The haters have won, Chris Rock Jokes About Watching Emancipation to See Will Smith Getting Whipped In Advance of Netflix Special: Report, Kellyanne Conway and George Conway to divorce. It's always good to support local businesses and you might meet a celebrity while you're there. Its changed in many ways, of course, but the same small-town feeling remains. What famous people live in White Plains NY? Below are six businesses in the Hudson Valley region of New York that are owned by major celebrities. Yes, that is 007, aka Daniel Craig, in the market, doing his shopping and hitting the gym with the missus, Rachel Weisz. The 24 Biggest Celebrities Who Live in NYC - NY Rent Own Sell Paul Rudd's House: Where Wife Julie Yaeger & His Kids Call Home A good place to start might be a place that they own. (My partner and I are so out of it. If we missed any then be sure to message us and let us know. Inside Chelsea Clinton's Wedding in Rhinebeck. So, be sure to plan your next trip soon and check out this list of the best Airbnbs in Rhinebeck, New York, for a comfortable stay. 6. Included on this list is computer programmer, philanthropist, and Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg; television actor, James Whitmore, best known for his role in movie The Shawshank Redemption; and fashion icon and wife of John F. Kennedy, Jr., Caroline Bessette-Kennedy. Rhinebeck, a sweet oasis with a celebrity twist Celebrity News BAFTA Red Carpet 2023 Arrivals: All the Looks, Live Updates . Using your suggestions, we've compiled a new list of local celebrities. All rights reserved. The actress paid $2.1 million cash for a 1785 stone house on 124 acres in the nearby hamlet of Marbletown in 2008. The actor has a home in the northern part of Dutchess County and co-owns a candy shop with "Ant-Man" star Paul Rudd in Rhinebeck, N.Y. Other recent celebrity sightings in Upstate N.Y. include James Franco in Albany, Will Smith and his son Jaden in Glens Falls and Kate Hudson in Niagara Falls. In addition to Octobers Woodstock Film Festival (which attracts such A-listers as Daniel Day-Lewis) and the upcoming Writers Festival (April 18 to 21), Maverick Concert Hall (120 Maverick Road) holds a summer music series. You get close and its like zoom, theyre gone! The last time I was in Rhinebeck, I realized halfway up that I had forgotten my cell phone. Much of the towns housing stock is made up of renovated turn-of-the-century homes, including 18th- and 19th-century cottages and farmhouses. In nearby West Hurley, a restored 1918 five-bedroom house with 6.7 acres and views of the Ashokan Reservoir is on the market for $1.15 million. http://taste.ny.gov. The house has three bedrooms and a one-room guest cottage, plusspectacular views of the Hudson River. Would love your thoughts, please comment. I survived! Thatswhy the rural hamlet has a celebrity clientele virtually unmatched in other Hudson Valley towns. But lately, the number of boldface-ables can seem to rival Monacoat least per capita, here in a county whose 60,000-person population has only grown about 25 percent since the time of the Civil War. Thats the great thing about having your own pub, said Rudd. A Poughkeepsie man has been charged for allegedly driving drunk and crashing his car into a popular ice cream stand in Newburgh. They are considered the most important person in history born in Rhinebeck in the state of New York . This secret New York suburb is teeming with celebrities One of three chocolate shops in the Rhinebeck Historic District, Samuels beckons to candy lovers, both young and old, cookie lovers and choosy coffee drinkers. What famous people live in Nyack NY? Once fall arrives, so does talk of corn mazes, pumpkins and apple picking, but thats not for me. Jeffrey Dean Morgan, actor and co-owner of Samuel's Sweet Shop Levi P. Morton, 22nd Vice President of the United States, died in Rhinebeck and buried in Rhinebeck Cemetery Richard Nelson, playwright and librettist John A. Quitman, 10th and 16th governor of Mississippi, and congressman from Mississippi [14] Jacob Radcliff, mayor of New York City Daniel Craig & Rachel Weisz: The powerhouse acting couple own a home in Ulster County. She also is currently staring in the TV series Snowpiercer. I enjoy going out to the Hamptons once a summer just to see what Im not missing, he sniffs. Rhinebeck is a hot spot for celebrity sightings, and residents' claim-to-recent fame includes Chelsea Clinton's . Together with @statefarm and @subaru_usa, we're helping raise money for @feedingamerica. His other notable work includes the action film Van Helsing (2004), romantic comedy Kate & Leopold (2001), the thriller Prisoners (2013), and the film version of Les Misrables (2012). What famous people live in Nyack NY? Feb 27 - Feb 28. Born in Huntington on Long Island in 1819, Whitman is considered to be among America's most influential poets, and is often called the "father of free verse . FOSTER'S COACH HOUSE, Rhinebeck - Tripadvisor Living in Hudson offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents rent their homes. Guess what? The public schools in Pelham are highly rated. The town sits along the Hudson River about five miles north of Snedens Landing; the house for sale measures 1,680 square feet and boasts river views. What has brought such an influx to the quiet, somewhat rural community? I leave the maddening crowds behind, and take a drive in my Miata preferably with the top down north on the Taconic State Parkway through the brilliant foliage of Dutchess and Columbia counties. Dutchess County is well-represented in Niches brand-new 2020 Best Places to Live list. Actors and friends Paul Rudd and Jeffrey Dean Morgan have also alighted in town and purchased a much-loved candy store, now called Samuels Sweet Shop.. For all the news that the Hudson Valley is sharing make sure to follow Hudson Valley Post on Facebook, download the Hudson Valley Post Mobile App and sign up for the Hudson Valley Post Newsletter. Thanks for contacting us. I enjoyed the freedom it gave me, and I met a lot more people than I might have otherwise. Google Maps. The whole point of the area is that its not cool, contends realtor James Male, who arrived here in 1984. For others, Snedens Landing has bountiful views plus the celebrity cachet minus the pretense. Sandy Baron Comedienne. 2023 www.lohud.com. But you couldnt find a more down-to-earth town anywhere in New York., Andrea Swensen/Ellis Sotheby's International Realty; Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP. James Earl Jones is a longtime resident of Pawling in Dutchess County. 2. Rhinebeck, NY Real Estate & Homes For Sale - Trulia Real Estate Search In the past year or two we have seen Woody Harrelson at a rock climbing gymin Poughkeepsie, Flo-Rida a BBQ restaurant, Ben Stiller outside a bar in Beacon and even Post Malone pictured at Hurricane Grill and Wings. (The trouble might be finding too much.) Tweet. Amy Schumer House New York. In nearby Germantown, Chloe Sevigny dons couture short shorts for a kombucha run to Ottos, a once-floundering market successfully made over by a former Whole Foods executive. She also owns a spacious home/studio on West 11th Street in the Village in New York . Also for sale is a four-bedroom, four-bathroom house in Palisades built in 2015 and asking $1.29 million. Theyre so fast. Welles Tudor-style stone cottage, which Steinbeck later lived in, sold last year for $2.25 million. Artists, musicians and filmmakers regularly visit this Hudson River city of 24,000 to work and play - and also live. Hudson Valley Businesses That Opened in 2023, Labor Judge Lays the Gavel Down on Starbucks in NY Labor Dispute, Sandwich Lovers: Top 10 Favorite Hudson Valley Delis, New Plan For Restaurant/Hotel Proposal at Busy 9D/84 Intersection, Postal Carrier Robbed In Poughkeepsie, New York, $50,000 Reward Offered, Tractor-Trailer Rollover Leaves Huge Mess on Dutchess County Main Route, New Businesses & Construction Bring Life to Dying Wappingers Shopping Plaza, Cops Called to Poughkeepsie Galleria Parking Lot For Report of Donuts, NY Tobacco Tax Proposal Has Advocates and Critics Speaking Out. STORY:Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann Buy $10.8 Million Estate in Malibu Colony. And those are just the public listings; properties often change hands without hitting the market, another sign of the privacy that permeates the area and makes it a good choice for low-key glitterati. P aul Rudd is one of dozens of celebrities working together (virtually) to raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts during the global pandemic that has kept millions of people home in quarantine.. Designer Timothy Macdonald created a comfortable, complete house for the late actress Mary Tyler Moore and her husband in upstate New York. By SCOTT MAYEROWITZ. Share. 6387 MILL ST, Rhinebeck, NY, 12572. Last summer, two days after giving birth to her third child (and first with fiance Arpad Busson), longtime Woodstock habitue Uma Thurman was waiting patiently for her elixir at the juice bar Press + Blend Organic (29 Tinker St.), swaddled babe in arms. In 2014, the sudden death of friend Ira Gutner left a local candy store on the brink of shutting down, so he and fellow actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan purchased Samuels Sweet Shop. Or maybe they, too, were striving to blend into the agricultural setting by imitating horses. Inside Hilarie Burton and Jeffrey Dean Morgan's idyllic New York farm Please visit the website and give if you can. Hudson Valley's Celebrity Anti-Scene | Observer The coffee here has more body and flavor than other places, and I like the choice of milk. (Soy, almond, dairy you choose.) This area has almost always been a sort of artistic getaway for a lot of creative types from New York City, says Ellis, a broker who has sold homes in the area for almost 20 years. Speciality & Gift Shops. As of the 2010 census, the population of Rhinecliff was 425. Since the coronavirus hit, Morgan has been locked down on his 100-acre farm in Rhinebeck, New York, with his wife, "One Tree Hill" actor Hilarie Burton, and their two kids, a 10-year-old boy. 42 E Market St, Rhinebeck, NY 12572-1606, USA Phone +1 845-876-5312 Web Visit website While this dessert emporium might be best known for its famous pedigree (Paul Rudd, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Hilarie Burton are all part-owners), the sweets here are worth a trip even if you don't spot a celebrity. You can find them here.) The film industry in the Hudson Valley "is booming." 0.04 mi from city center. Hilarie Burton and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are raising their family on a farm in New York (Picture: Instagram/@hilarieburton) The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan and former One Tree Hill star. Our area has even been dubbed "Hollywood on the . The 50 richest places in Upstate NY are ranked below, from least to most rich. There were 85 properties sold in Rhinebeck, NY, which spent an average of 84 days on the market. Who lives in rhinebeck ny? Explained by Sharing Culture 10. I grew up here and traveled around the world to many beautiful places, but I came back because Ive never seen a place as beautiful as the Hudson Valley., STORY:Coachella: How to Rent Famous Homes from Sinatra, Cher and Tony Curtis. Theres a long list of famous local folks, connections and historical events that have touched the mid-Hudson Valley. The Beekman Arms has a lovely greenhouse if you prefer light and airy or a low-ceiling colonial tap room if you like it dark and cozy. Actor Frank Langella, a Tony Award winner and Oscar nominee, is a Millerton resident. Finally it is becoming hot; the demand this year is overwhelming. Actor Frank Langella, a Tony Award winner and Oscar nominee, is a Millerton resident. Recently sold homes in Rhinebeck, NY had a median listing home price of $650,000.