Conveniently located right in the heart of Waikiki! Perfect for budget-minded travelers (especially, families). Breakfast was lit at Thompson Beach House - Playa Del Carmen. Lea was the best house attendant ever! As a Hyatt Globalist, this perk was a huge miss. But it's not a beach hotel and would not be my first choice if visiting Honolulu. Well, I took one for the team. Breakfast perks for Globalists have not returned. Guests can enjoy free instant coffee and an outdoor dining area during their stay. Just spent 7 nights at Hyatt Centric Waikiki. The other 4 we will have a car. Best Credit Cards for Rental Car Insurance, Business Credit Cards for Advertising Purchases, Business Credit Cards for Shipping Purchases, Top Reasons to Get a Business Credit Card, How to Apply For a Small Business Credit Card, Maximize Rewards From Your Business Purchases, Comparing Top 3 Chase Business Credit Cards, Tourist Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens, How to Cancel an American Airlines Flight, TSA PreCheck Everything You Need to Know, Chicago OHare International Airport [ORD], Best Websites for Booking Affordable Hotels, Best Hilton Luxury Hotels to Book With Points, Guide to Hotel Status Matches and Challenges, Best Marriott Luxury Hotels to Book With Points, Best Ways to Redeem Marriott Points for Hotels, Best IHG Luxury Hotels to Book With Points, Marriott Bonvoy Hotel Loyalty Program Review, The Best Ways To Fly to Hawaii With Points and Miles [2023], Ultimate Travel Guide to Hawaii [Oahu, Big Island, and Lanai], best hotels in Hawaii to book with points. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Room was so clean and awesome view . Immerse yourself in the welcoming spirit of Aloha during your stay at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach. You can also use a Category 1-4 certificate from your World of Hyatt card. If ever we return with our family, a stay at the Hyatt Place at 12,000 points per night that could easily fit 5 of us will do just fine. Stay here, go everywhere. There were no complimentary suite . 213 reviews of Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach "The hotel has been open for three weeks. Like all other Hyatt Centric properties I have been too, this one had Bee Kind amenities. Was Very disappointed that the Restaurant AND Bar are closed. As you enter the on the ground floor youll notice a Starbucks Reserve (upscale Starbucks) on the ground floor and an elevator up to the lobby level. This was a very last-minute booking. A quick 5-hour flight from Los Angeles, and were back home, yes, Hawaii feels like home. Mahalo, Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach 'Ohana, Wow where to start? We hope to welcome you back for another stay in the future!Mahalo, Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach 'Ohana. It looked rather long which made the room even more spacious. They had sausages, bacon, eggs, and they all just looked so appetizing. Are any cleaning services offered at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach? Our rooms The free night certificate gets you a standard room but our Globalist status got us suite upgrades. For well-appointed rooms and great foodie selection right outside the hotel Hyatt Centric. If you'd like to add a comment to this article and share your valuable feedback and opinions, please click here to leave your comment. Yes, it conveniently offers a business centre, meeting rooms, and conference facilities. Yes, guests have access to a pool and a fitness center during their stay. Lock in the lowest price from these sites. The hotel had plenty of hand sanitizer stations around the hotel, so there was no excuse to not ensure your hands were clean. Booked Mountain View Room Airport: 30 Minutes- Ordered Uber both ways $30 each way Room was 500 sq ft- Excellent view, very clean, 2 TVs, Sliding door separates the room Breakfast- Hotel is attached to Starbucks; 2 minutes from ABC & 5 minutes to international shopping centre with hundreds of stores & restaurants Beach- 5 to 10 min walk; Hotel gives light weight beach chairs/umbrella- can easily carry as backpack Staff- Helpful, polite, professional Tried: Diamond Head & KoKo Head Trails- both free. A few bags of chips from Costco for purchase. Once we walked in to our room, things were better. Yes, dry cleaning and laundry service are offered to guests. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post. An associate welcomed us and offered us both a glass of pineapple juice (this is an advertised perk of the $25/night resort fee, which was waived for me on account of my Globalist status). Tripadvisor gives a Travelers Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. This hotel was a few blocks away from the beach, but we didn't mind that in the end because the hotel was so clean and comfortable and the staff so accommodating of our needs! Both times, while waiting for our car in the seats by the valet, with our kids, we have had Starbucks employees smoking and taking their breaks on the benches. The Regency Club is exclusively for the comfort and convenience of Regency Club Level guests, accessible by private key access only for guests booking Club Level accommodations, guests with Hyatt Globalist Status or Hyatt Explorist members using a club lounge upgrade award. One the Best employee Malia did a lot help for us . Are there opportunities to exercise at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach? Lei making on Sunday. Mahalo, Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach 'Ohana. There are both self and valet parking options. The bathroom was rather large, featuring a toilet, a single sink, and a walk-in shower, with the controls appropriately by the door and not under the showerhead where you were likely to get wet while turning on the shower. I felt bad for her, especially when she apologized profusely and waived the cost for my detox drink and cappuccino without request. Im going to try and remain very fair with my feedback. That's why I want to start with the service. The environment was relatively peaceful compared to the larger resorts right along the beach and the hotel always smelled great! She also informed me that I had been upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor. In the back was a separate room with a television and sleeper sofa, which was a great area to work and have some privacy with a sliding door. Advertiser Disclosure: Many of the credit card offers that appear on this site are from credit card companies from which we receive compensation. Yes, it conveniently offers a business center, meeting rooms, and conference facilities. Just outside the hotel is an entrance to the International Market Place, which has transformed itself from an eclectic mess of family-run business to a luxury shopping mall. I found the front desk personnel incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room was located on the 10th floor, and I was told that if we had a higher room, wed have better views of the ocean. They provided beach towels, umbrellas, chairs, etc, so it was still easy to enjoy the ocean with a short walk. Please see our partners for more details. There is no food or beverage here at all. Location this property is not beachfront, but you could be at the nearest beach by walking 5-10 minutes. Breakfast is also in The Lanai and featured both an a la carte menu and buffet. It didnt feel that crowded at all. Minimum spend of $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. The room was nicely updated, ot was spacious since it was just the two us. Tripadvisor gives a Travellers Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. We checked in around 3pm, and we were advised that the hotel has been fully committed with all of their suites. Its especially impressive that your server was proactively apologetic about the slow service. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. First of all, I was so glad that we got to try all three properties. I gave it 4 stars only because we had a few expectations that were not met. We may be compensated when you click on links from one or more of our advertising partners. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), REVIEW: My experience in Waikiki Beach at Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, and Hyatt Place, How I got The Wall Street Journal Interview Apr 2018, My Wall Street Journal Interview Apr 2018, My Reader Success Story featured by The Points Guy, How I landed the Million Miles Secrets Interview, How to save on car rentals without even trying, The Yamaguchis European Christmas Holiday Reader Success Tales, $80 Trip for 2 to Costa Rica Vanessas Tales, Last-minute anniversary trip to Maui Bryan & Emilys Tales, Reader Success Tales: Seeing the world through my childrens eyes. If youre looking to get to the beach, plan on a brisk 8-10 minute walk a few blocks southwest. If youre not a beach lover or dont care about every room having a balcony, certainly this hotel would be fine for your needs. I frankly thought it looked underwhelming. Ask nashvillian about Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach, Amazing location, amazing property and amenities, Ask alexismx03 about Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach, Ask PDV17 about Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach, Ask Angela M about Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach, Ask capepat about Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach. Also feel that having food available at bar is a missed opportunity to keep guests at hotel. Rooms at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. The resort fees were waived, and during our check in, the lady who assisted us also gave us parking vouchers. It was dark when I reached the room, but warm natural light spilled in the next morning. We will most likely be out and about exploring the island. Great amenities, friendly and helpful staff. During my visit, the pool was never crowded. Im still leaning towards choosing Hyatt Centric over Hyatt Regency for its close proximity to the types of food we love to eat were near the Hyatt Centric. Which room amenities are available at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach? So we dealt with it and moved the next day into room 1009, which was much better. Thats right, as Hyatt Globalists, when we booked with points and/or free night certificates, parking is waived and so are the resort fees. But who cares my kids only wanted to splash waters. Aloha K7902TFrichardn, Mahalo for sharing your kind review! Again, appreciate all the feedback and advice! The location was an easy walk to the beach, shopping and nightlife. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time spent with us and that you enjoyed interacting with Lea and our welcoming housekeeping staff. We are so glad you enjoyed every part of your stay at our property. Mind you, we are not first-timers to Hawaii nor to Oahu. Own or manage this property? Some of the more popular amenities offered include free wifi, a pool, and a fitness center. We hope to welcome you back for another stay in the future! Your research was super helpful as I have been planning our next trip to Hawaii (one night in Oahu and 8 nights in Maui) in October. I was battling a horrendous head cold and after dinner we walked to Walgreens so I could purchase some medication. At check-in, I was informed that I was "upgraded" to the room I had originally booked, a city view king suite. Hyatt Centric Waikiki is located just off Kuhio Ave in the heart of Waikiki. Good finds: a food market within a short walk and a hidden souvenir kiosk village in the alleys behind the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! (details below). I have an upcoming stay in a few months, where I applied a tsu. All images credited to James Larounis unless otherwise noted. Is parking available at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach? My entire breakfast bill was waived due to my Globalist status. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Had to go out into waikiki to find breakfast and stand in long lines. There is a garage attached to the hotel where you can overnight your car. Instead of giving us 500 points back, Globalists are now given 1,000 points back in lieu of breakfast. Theres a resort fee of $45 and parking fee of $50 per day. Beds were comfortable as well. Room is clean, comfortable and with great view. If youre the type that likes to relax by the pool but not go in, this area will be great for you as there were plenty of recliner chairs and cabanas surrounding the area. But if theres one thing you need to remember with staying in Waikiki, you are subject to being charged parking fees (averaging $50 per day), and resort fees. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. That said, I didnt appreciate that the hotel offered reusable water bottles (I didnt take them) and a refilling station while certainly environmentally friendly, it would have been nice if they had proactively offered bottled water to everyone in order to limit touchpoints. We checked in quite early (around 10am), and the room that was available had ocean views with two queen beds.it was on our last night, and its a Hyatt Place, we had an idea what to expect with our room. If you booked using points, you would need at least 20,000 World of Hyatt points per night. Great for the kids. Its the new norm. Aloha PDV17, Mahalo for sharing your review. Does Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach offer any business services? Upgraded Points, LLC uses reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information on the site and prior to applying for any credit card offers found on UpgradedPoints.com, all visitors should review other features of such credit cards including but not limited to interest rates, annual fees and transaction fees, and should determine the suitability of such credit cards considering their own individual financial position. Our room: We were given a partial ocean view room with two queen beds and a sofa sleeper (good for up to 5 guests). Island bliss: Hawaiian life offers a laid-back pace and ideal tropical climate, Refreshing rooms: Floor-to-ceiling window views, contemporary decor, and luxurious features, Adventure at every turn: Hike the Diamond Head trail, snorkel in Haunauma Bay, or surf at Kalamas Beach, Rejuvenating relaxation: A splash lounge with private cabanas, a tapas-style eatery, and a championship golf course just blocks away, The utmost convenience: Enjoy the fitness and business centers as well as several on-site shops. On account of my top-tier Globalist status, I received: Under normal circumstances, Id also receive complimentary full breakfast in the hotels restaurant, but because this facility was closed due to COVID-19, I was provided with 500 World of Hyatt points every night in place of having breakfast. Not even grab and go! The hotel does have a restaurant on the lobby level, but unfortunately, it was closed throughout my stay due to COVID-19. --milestone-text-color: #333333; document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site is for entertainment purposes only. We hope to welcome you back for another great stay in the future! Went back to front desk to request the room depicted on the website and was informed that one was not available until the next day. They were served to us cafeteria-style The property un Waikiki simply lacked the opportunity to present their food well. Do yourself a favor and dont arrive into HNL just before rush hour. What are some restaurants close to Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach? We couldve also used our FREE night certificate since this was only a Category 3. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I was directed to a vending machine for a soda. I was just disappointed that on our two days of breakfast at the Waikiki property, pancakes were served one day (no meat choices), and french toast the next day (again, no meat choices). Typically in a suite you walk into a living room and then into a bedroom, but this was the opposite. Ever since we became Hyatt Globalists, weve been on this quest of trying many properties linked under the Hyatt umbrella. hotel its nice refresh with AC, the elevator is super fast. Hyatt centric water bottles. However, this is still an excellent value for the price. We are so glad you enjoyed the location of our property and interacting with our staff to find them very helpful during your stay. Location: This is just a five-minute walk to the nearest beach. Its hard not to review this property knowing that just a couple of months ago, we stayed at Hyatt Regency Maui. Mahalo, Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach 'Ohana, Hilton Grand Vacations Hotels in Honolulu, Hotels near Mililani Mauka - Launani Valley, Hotels near Makiki - Lower Punchbowl - Tantalu, Hotels near Healing Tours - MARINE EXPRESS, Hotels near Big Kahuna Motorcycle Tours and Rentals, Hotels near DanielsHawaii Private & Semi Private Tours Hawaii, Hotels near Fun Hawaii Travel - Day Tours, Hotels near Heisei International Institute, Hotels near Travel Institute of the Pacific, Hotels near Remington College - Honolulu, HI, Hotels near University of Phoenix - Hawaii Campus, Hotels near Atlantic International University. Appararently it has been closed since 2020. The environment was relatively peaceful compared to the larger resorts right along the beach and the hotel always smelled great! Was Very disappointed that the Restaurant AND Bar are closed. I also appreciate the fact that I was allowed to stay in my suite for the eighth night of my stay technically this was beyond the use of the suite upgrade certificate I had used, but the hotel was nice enough to let me stay without moving rooms. Location & Hours 349 Seaside Ave Honolulu, HI 96815 Waikiki Get directions Edit business info You Might Also Consider Sponsored Hilton Grand Vacations Club Hokulani Waikiki Honolulu 70 0.2 miles away from Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach Christopher L. said "This hotel just reopened 3 months ago after being an abandoned building. Not wanting to stray far, we were both in the mood for hamburgers and enjoyed a burger and French fries downstairs at The Lanai. A $25 resort fee for a hotel thats a 10-minute walk from the beach is just plain heinous, right up there with the urban destination fees that are spreading like fireants in DC, NYC, and SF these days. When you step into the. Who cares, its only a 5 minute walk to the beach, plus I found the hotel is not as busy as some of the larger hotels near the beach. Email needed if you'd like comment updates. Aloha Nelson, Mahalo for your kind review! If youre visiting Hawaii, you will more than likely want to experience the fresh air and amazing views, and this hotel really doesnt provide on that front. The pros: Hyatt Diamond upgrades and incredibly fast Wi-Fi. Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Service. So we dealt with it and moved the next day into room 1009, which was much better. Bed was amazing, shower was great, staff were friendly. Oh, what is it with me and research? We got to room 710 and it was clearly not the room that is pictured on the website (bathroom in the sitting room area, which is not great when your kid is sleeping in that room, no real closet, tiny bedroom). Aloha ll0verice, Mahalo for sharing your kind review! That said, for World of Hyatt members, this property will be particularly beneficial, which well talk about more in the review. The lobby is on the 8th floor also thats where the pool is. Resort fee $25+ tax which includes beach towel, beach chairs, boogie board, Breakfast included hot breakfast (details below). If you're looking for a property with direct beach access, this hotel won't be for you. For 2 days we will be in Waikiki without a car. In terms of a spacious first class product, the @E, Nearly five years ago, I took a break from I, United Airlines' new Polaris seat is a huge improv. We were just on Maui last summer. Because this hotel was repurposed, it does not feature any lanais (balconies), which is one of the biggest drawbacks to staying here. For this trip, we decided to give all three Hyatt properties a try, all three properties on Oahu were all located in the world-famous Waikiki Beach. The following credit cards could make this easily possible: NOTE: The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired. only paid $251 for a weeklong car rental, How we paid $251 for one week of car rental on Oahu, Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card, Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, How to save on Car Rental: Tips on Discount code, Autoslash, Turo, loyalty programs, The Plumeria Lounge in Honolulu by Hawaiian Airlines (Priority Pass Access), REVIEW: Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach excellent budget and family-friendly property in Hawaii, Lost or Stolen Luggage & my travel insurance coverage options, Turkish Airlines sweet spot flights to & from Hawaii for 7,500 miles + $5.60 (one way), Booked: Japan Airlines Business Class Sky Suite (valued over $38,000), Best Credit Cards if you are under 5/24 Daddy Travels Top Picks (Feb 2023), Resort fee $33 + tax (beach chair/towels, water bottles, workstation, fitness center, yoga, lei-making, access to borrowing GoPro). Added perks the hotel provides beach chairs, umbrellas, and beach towels at no extra charge. Staff super friendly and helpful. We decided to extend our stay after our original reservation of 4 days, and the ladies at the reception desk kindly honored the original rate for our room, even though the current online price was substantially higher. The Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beachis one of 3 Hyatt hotels located in downtown Honolulu, right near the famous Waikiki Beach. In fact, it is probably my least favorite. Editorial Disclosure:The content featured on UpgradedPoints.com has not been influenced, provided, or reviewed by the credit card companies mentioned. Yes, Hyatt Regency Maui spoiled me. Otherwise, valet parking for non-Globalist is $45. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time spent with us including the guest rooms and our front desk staff! Off to one side was a small hot tub that I enjoyed during the evening. Aloha 198carie, Mahalo for sharing your review! COVID update: Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach has updated their hours and services. There is no smoking within 20 feet of entrances, and when we complained to Starbucks management about this, they said they couldn't control where their employees went on breaks. That said, my uncle loves it and if you like the hustle and bustle of a touristy-feeling city with plenty of shopping and chain restaurants, this is your place. The beach is right across the street. Nearby attractions include Breakout Waikiki Escape Rooms (0.4 km), Waikiki Sunset Cruise with Live DJ (0.2 km), and Mai Tai Bar at Royal Hawaiian Hotel (0.4 km). It may not be the best tradeoff in value when it comes to breakfast, but Ill take the extra 500 points. Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach 349 Seaside Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States, 96815 + 1 808 237 1234 515 Reviews Hotel Area Attractions Photos + Reviews Overview Photos + Reviews News + Events Map, Parking + Transportation Overview Photos + Reviews News + Events Map, Parking + Transportation News + Events Filter Awards There were two counters for you to be assisted, and we were assisted rather quickly. 500 points does not even begin to cover the breakfast for one individual. So, not really an upgrade. So, not really an upgrade. Spotted four #polarbear outside of #longyearbyen -, One of the best crews I have ever had the pleasure, Next stop ARN! Aloha T8898SFmikel, Mahalo for sharing your review. The lobby is spacious with plenty of seating and access to most of the hotel amenities including the restaurant, pool, sun deck, bar, and fitness center. Regency Club We were looking forward to this and will not lie to you, but we were underwhelmed. I would really. Hawaii is an easy quick getaway from us West Coasters. Thank you! Just a rectangular shaped pool, not huge at all. We had views of the mountain and city. We had great views of the ocean from our room. REVIEW: Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach excellent budget and family-friendly property in Hawaii |, Lost or Stolen Luggage & my travel insurance coverage options |, Turkish Airlines sweet spot flights to & from Hawaii for 7,500 miles + $5.60 (one way) |, Booked: Japan Airlines Business Class Sky Suite (valued over $38,000) |, Best Credit Cards if you are under 5/24 Daddy Travels Top Picks (Feb 2023) |, For this vacation, we flew for FREE using points, and. What are some of the property amenities at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach? Please note, our website reflects the closure of our restaurant and bar to the best of our ability. Ask zhu y about Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach, We compared the lowest prices from 12 websites, We compared the lowest prices from 13 websites, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort And Spa, We compared the lowest prices from 11 websites, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, We compared the lowest prices from 14 websites, Save Up To 30% On Ocean Views + $25 Daily Resort Credit. We found an award space that allowed us to use our FREE night award certificate good for properties up to a Category 4. Remember, you receive 5 elite nights just by having the Hyatt Credit Card. They provide free beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas which I used everyday at the beach. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I had to place the butter next to my hot cup of coffee to melt the butter. We enjoyed here 4 nights in suite. The staff speaks multiple languages, including English, Japanese, and Bosnian. Parking we were directed to self-park, and the parking structure is right across the street. Very poor treatment for Globalists. Duke's Lane Market around the corner was pretty good for breakfast. Which popular attractions are close to Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach? img#wpstats{display:none} While it didnt prevent us from sleeping, I could only imagine how loud it must be for those in the lower floors, No breakfast included, however, since were Hyatt Globalist, we had access to the Regency Club lounge on the 3rd floor with free breakfast options. But in terms of finding a good nexus between price and value, I do believe this hotel scores well. Aloha ll0verice, Mahalo for sharing your kind review! The hotel is not beachfront and is set back off of the main shopping street. Travelled with my wife and 2 young kids. Aloha T8898SFmikel, Mahalo for sharing your review. Not close to the beach. We were still given an upgrade high floor with two beds (a king and queen bed). This hotel is one block off the beach. Mahalo, Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach 'Ohana. This hotel is an affordable property and provides an upgraded stay experience, though it does have some drawbacks. They upped their game with award booking, unfortunately. You are also close to Ross Dress for Less and Nordstrom Rack, excellent for those who love to shop and still be on a budget. Earn 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points. We went during the pandemic, when tourism was halted and was just starting to pick up. Added perks the hotel provided beach chairs, umbrellas, and beach towels at no extra charge. We are so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us including nearby hiking trails, our Central Waikiki location, and our welcoming and accommodating staff. I remember that the hallways and Lobby once you enter the building, youd have to take the elevator up to the hotel lobby/front desk located on the sixth floor. The colonial #architecture of #mumbai is stunning. We hope to welcome you back again soon! We hope to welcome you back again soon. Say goodbye to parking fees.I know of some Hyatts that charge $20+ fees per day. In my case, its all about having the right set of credit cards. We stayed on the 19th floor not once did we wait more than 2 minutes for the elevator. The room featured views of the city and surrounding mountainside, which was definitely quite breathtaking, especially after the morning sunrise.