Jesus only is our Power, He the Gift of Pentecost, Jesus, breathe Thy pow'r upon us, Fill us with the Holy Ghost. The hymn was presented as the first selection in the book, headed by Matthew 17:78 (KJV), printed in shape notes, spanning four stanzas, with a chorus beginning None but Jesus, Savior, Captain.. And For Jesus We Are Waiting, But Twill Still Be Jesus Only, 222, Help Me Teach with Inspiration Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! All our righteousness He gives us, 13. 231, Father, This Hour Has Been One of Joy 43, Conducting Course Book and Audio Examples. 268, Come, All Ye Saints of Zion 125, How Gentle God's Commands (Women) Fill me ever with Thy presence, 248, Upon the Cross of Calvary 205, Onward, Christian Soldiers At GodTube, youll find daily inspirational videos to lift your spirits and encourage you in your walk with God. 331, Oh, beautiful for spacious skies 45, Lean on My Ample Arm 127, Each Life That Touches Ours for Good 155, We Listen to a Prophet's Voice The last line of the Chorus is BAPTISER AND COMING KING. 80, God of Our Fathers, We Come unto Thee 35, From All That Dwell below the Skies Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,Save in the Death of Christ my God:All the vain things that charm me most,I sacrifice them to his Blood. Jon Michael Spencer, Black Hymnody: A Hymnological History of the African-American Church (Knoxville: University of Tennessee, 1992), p. 214. Jesus Only Songs and Hymns (Jackson, MS: Truth Publishing, 1901). . To God be the glory. 223, He Died! Jesus only, Jesus ever, 242, Praise the Lord with Heart and Voice God bless you richly. 145, Prayer of Thanksgiving 271, Oh, how lovely was the morning 107, Lord, Dismiss Us with Thy Blessing 276, Come, All Whose Souls Are Lighted 235, Sing We Now at Parting George Wright, who set themselves against the Lorddead now more than thirty-five years. 282, We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet 310, A Mighty Fortress Is Our God 254, Should You Feel Inclined to Censure 240, Lead Me into Life Eternal Savior, Sanctifier, And Healer, 50, Come, We That Love the Lord 15. 227, They, the Builders of the Nation Revelation Song #7. Amazing Grace - John Newton, England (1779) Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound / That saved a wretch like me / I once was lost but now am found / Was blind, but now, I see. Jesus Is All the World to Me. 96, Did You Think to Pray? 197, O Thou Kind and Gracious Father Each wants to set himself above his fellow, but none glory in me. 2 For my pardon this I see: nothing but the blood of Jesus. [Refrain] 3. 293, Earth, with her ten thousand flow'rs 5, High on the Mountain Top (Men's Choir) 220, Savior, Redeemer of My Soul Hymn Stories: My Jesus I Love Thee My Jesus I Love Thee" is a sweet expression of love for the Savior that flows directly from the author's experience of the Savior's love for him. 173, While of These Emblems We Partake Jesus All Our Theme Shall Be; ~ Psalm 28:7. Focusing on the things of heaven can be our battle cry when we fall into the trap of overthinking. 183, In sweet remembrance of thy Son 335, Cast Thy Burden upon the Lord 31, O God, the Eternal Father 332, Come, Sing to the Lord A Key Was Turned in Latter Days (Women) more , Sheet Music https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/29066306/Passion/Jesus%2C+Only+Jesus. Be Thou My Vision Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing When Peace, Like a River My Hope is Built on Nothing Less Amazing grace! 10 Good Friday Hymns and Worship Songs about Jesus Christ, 40+ Bible Verses About Peace for Finding Comfort and Strength. But twill still be Jesus only, God bless you for making it available. Jesus all our theme shall be; 241, Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd Fill us with the Holy Ghost. 329, Thy Spirit, Lord, Has Stirred Our Souls https://www.hymnal.net/Hymns/Hymnal/svg/e0511_p.svg, https://www.hymnal.net/Hymns/Hymnal/svg/e0511_g.svg, CWWL, 1981, vol. Hymns A A Key Was Turned in Latter Days (Women) 310 A Mighty Fortress Is Our God 68 A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief 29 A voice hath spoken from the dust 275 Abide with Me; 'Tis Eventide 165 Abide with Me! All glory to Jesus for all He has done for me. 188, Today, While the Sun Shines There is One who watches o'er you, Ev'rywhere that you may go. 287, Saints, Behold How Great Jehovah B. Simpson. 28, Savior, may I learn to love thee 110, Children of Our Heavenly Father 304, Thanks for the Sabbath School Jesus only is our Savior, 286, On bended knees, with broken hearts [Refrain], 4 Then away with ev'ry idol, Purchased Once On Calvary, 138, Brethren, pow'r by earthly standards 323, Rise Up, O Men of God (Men) Jesus, Only Jesus #4. 338, An Angel from on High 66, Rejoice, Ye Saints of Latter Days That was a part of their enjoyment. the keyboardist big up nice tune @ The Ray Of Hope Oct 8 2019 Bob Collins Waco, TX, United States This is a song by AB Simpson. Jesus is our Sanctifier, 190, In Our Lovely Deseret net. 309, As the Dew from Heaven Distilling 318, There Is Sunshine in My Soul Today 57, Welcome, Welcome, Sabbath Morning How Great Thou Art - Carl Gustav Boberg, Sweden (1885) Passion has encountered millions of students and 18-25 year olds, young people whose lives have been transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit. And With All His Spirits Fullness, 29, A voice hath spoken from the dust 297, Gently Raise the Sacred Strain 22:18,19). Jesus only is our Healer, All our sicknesses He bare, And His risen life and fullness, All His members still may share. 38, Come, All Ye Saints Who Dwell on Earth For meditative hymns, choose the 16' stop(s), one or two rm 8' stops (not the Celeste), and one or two 4' stops. Jesus Only! . His Faith and Background, 8 Bible Verses For The Sick - Scriptures for Healing, Top 20 Bible Verses for Trusting God When You Need Answers, Our Top 7 Christian Songs To Help Overcome Sorrow, 20 Healing Bible Verses - Therapeutic Scripture Quotes, 20 Best Bible Verses for Birthdays - Celebrate with Scripture, Top 10 Christian Songs and Hymns About Prayer, Top 25 Christian Songs Named for Bible Verses - Scripture Inspired Hymns, 10 Upbeat Christian Songs - Uplifting Worship Songs and Hymns, 7 Christian Songs to Overcome Depression and Feel Joy, 10 Great Christian Songs with Hand Motions for Kids, Top 10 Bible Verses About Art With Commentary, 30 Remarkable Quotes for Women to Encourage and Inspire You, Christian Songs About Healing: Our 8 Favorites, 20 Powerful Bible Verses About Marriage & Relationships, 10 Best Vacation Bible School Games For Kids, 7 Awesome Christian Songs about Encouraging One Another, 3 Bible Stories That Will Give You Hope Today, 15 Comforting Christian Songs for a Death or Tragedy, 11 Worship Songs to Remind Us That God Is Still in Control, 10 Classic Christian Sunday School Songs That Kids Love To Sing, 12 Great Christian Songs About Following Jesus, The Perfect Advent Playlist: 25 Songs & Hymns for the Arrival of Christmas, 10 Amazing Hymns Perfect for Thanksgiving Day, 12 Famous Christmas Carols: Joyful Christian Songs and Hymns, 17 Giving Quotes to Help You Become More Selfless, 25 Inspirational Honesty Quotes for Self-Improvement, 10 Christian Songs of Comfort That Will Calm Your Worries, 24 Powerful Quotes About Forgiveness to Encourage Compassion, 30 Inspiring Quotes About Strength To Encourage And Empower, Bible Verses about Goodness: Scriptures Quotes on Virtue, Bible Verses for Women - Inspiring Scriptures for Girls and Women, Bible Verses about Blessings from God: Good Gifts from Above, Bible Verses about Grief: Best Scriptures to Comfort Sorrow, The Joy of the Lord is My Strength - Inspiring Scriptures, Bible Verses about Spiritual Warfare: Put on the Full Armor of God, Bible Verses about Death - Top Scriptures on Mortality & The Soul, Bible Verses for Depression - Comforting Scriptures to Uplift You, 30 Motivational Bible Verses to Inspire and Encourage You, Bible Verses about Perseverance to Overcome Doubt and Fear, Bible Verses about Life: Living by Faith in Jesus Christ, 30 Love for God Bible Verses - Loving God With Heart and Mind, 25 Bible Verses about Courage for Steadfast Faith, 30 Bible Verses about the Family - Scriptures on Marriage and Parenting, 20 Bible Verses about the Power of Kindness, 25 Bible Verses about the Power of Forgiveness, 30 Bible Verses about the Importance of Humility, Christian Graduation Songs: My Top 10 List, 15 Jesus Songs to Worship the Lord with Joy, 15 Most Popular Hymns of Christianity - Top Worship Songs. Glorious Lord And Coming King. Glorious Lord and coming King. The hymn has retained its pride of place as the first song in Church of Christ (Holiness) hymnals up through His Fullness Songs (1977), but it is largely unknown outside of the denomination. Alleluia! Jesus Only Is Our Healer, All Our Sicknesses He Bare, And His Risen Life And Fullness, All His Members Still May Share. All rights reserved. Thou burning sun with golden beam,thou silver moon with softer gleam,O praise Him, O praise Him!Alleluia! 114, I will not doubt, I will not fear Olive Baptist Church near Jackson in 1899. We pray that the eyes of your understanding (mind) may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of Christ's calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints. 14, Sweet Is the Work (Women) 76, God of Our Fathers, Whose Almighty Hand 99, Nearer, My God, to Thee For jubilant hymns, add the Swell 2' stop. Jesus is the One 1When the day is dark before you, And the clouds are hanging low. Discover 20 of the most popular hymns sung in Christian churches today in this collection of well-known worship songs. 18, The Wintry Day, Descending to Its Close 92, For the Strength of the Hills