Thanks for the article I have pretty much all of his 89 rookies cards but they are not for sell. Sponsored Affiliates. Please try again. Ken Griffey Jr. Forum | Trading Card Database That means a glossy front and a back thats a little more crisp. 1991 Donruss Ken Griffey, Jr. #49 Raw Error Card "NO DOT" After "Leaf, INC." | eBay Authenticity Guarantee Authenticity Guarantee 1991 Donruss Ken Griffey, Jr. #49 Raw Error Card "NO DOT" After "Leaf, INC." Condition: -- Price: US $18,000.00 Buy It Now Add to cart Best Offer: Make offer Add to Watchlist Sale benefits charity 33 watchers Contact him at [emailprotected]. So, by the time the 1990 Donruss set was released, his was one of the most sought after cards. In this article we'll take a look at the 25 most valuable. Like the earlier Orange card, its off the radar of a lot of collectors. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for RARE MISPRINT ERROR CARD 1990 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr #365 PINK DOT! #1 B BarryBonds762 Active member Feb 9, 2021 178 135 Recently found a Griffey jr rated rookie and the e in his name was misprinted. Perez's fingerprints are once again all over this card with his beautifully-created artwork depicting the legendary Bo Jackson in his Royals uniform. After Inc Nrmt Cond #365, 1990 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr #365 (3) ERROR CARD - Triple Error on back Rare #365, 1990 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr #365 RARE MISPRINT ERROR CARD No Dot Red Dot #365, KEN GRIFFEY JR. 1990 Donruss #365 NON- ERROR. Released at a time when the hobby was hitting its peak, theres still tons of these out there lurking in packs and boxes, not to mention the singles market. Free shipping for many products! I used to love watching Larry Walker play because he was so well-rounded. IVE TALKED WITH SEVERAL "EXPERTS", REGARDING AUTHENTICITY . Hey Everyone - I was going through my old boxes of cards and I had some unopened 1990 Topps packs. What are some other error cards from other sports? Also worth mentioning is the 1998 E-X2001 Destination Cooperstown Griffey. But that wasn't always the case. Loose, CIB, and New prices are the current market price. PriceIt Game | Want to know more? Like they did with a lot of players over the years, Star produced a small set dedicated to then-rookie Ken Griffey Jr. in 1989. Did we leave any error baseball cards off this list? The Griffeys, along with the Ripkens, Alomars and Stottlemyres were showcased in a modern (at that time) television set design. Baseball Cards of All-Time. 1989 Fleer Glossy Ken Griffey Jr. #5484. I have some Star promo cards from his early days. The card is common with a PSA 10 count similar to the 1989 Fleer Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. They have a yellow background on front but the back is blank. The set is loaded with stars and Hall of Famers of the day, but are any of them really worth much anymore? 1. Bloody scar card (uncorrected error). Kind of reminded me of the alleged Will Clark 85 Olympic Cards which were just fakes printed up by someone taking advantage of the situation. Want to know more? Just 1,300 Platinum sets were made, less than a third of the standard, blue-bordered version of the set. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Gonzalez was one of the most feared hitters of his era and seemed like a lock for 40+ homers and 100+ RBI every season. Hes a genuine icon, sitting in the top tier of baseballs legends and influencers. However, they don't have nearly the visual appeal of A Cut Above. His rookie card in this set appears in two forms: one with a correct image of him batting right-handed and another in which the negative was reversed, making it appear he's batting lefty. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. Historic sales data are completed sales with a buyer and a seller agreeing on a price. Along with the flagship Donruss set, Griffey also appeared in the smaller (336 cards in total) "Baseball's Best" box set that Donruss released through retail stores that year. Because a smaller amount of these were produced and because centering is a challenge, finding these in pristine condition can be tough. 1990 UPPER DECK KEN GRIFFEY JR. CARD #156 "ERROR CARD" #156 [eBay] $2.99: Report It: 2022-11-20: Ken Griffey Jr 1990 UPPER DECK ERROR ROOKIE Baseball Card #156 Seattle Mariners [eBay] $1.29: Report It: 2022-11-07: 1990 Upper Deck Baseball Ken Griffey Jr. Seattle Mariners ERROR Card #156 HOF #156 [eBay] $2.95: Report It buy stuff after clicking links on our site Feel free to comment below. Like his "King of Kings" card, this one can also be found with different variations of the reverse side. No More Secrets Puzzle Game, Ken Griffey Jr 1990 Donruss #365 No Dot Error Seattle Mariners HOF #365. The reverse of the card gives some interesting projections for his different rookie cards and even shows an image of his Donruss rookie in the upper right corner. Something went wrong. Inserted randomly in boxes of 2004 Upper Deck Etchings, regular versions with a game-used bat piece are limited to 350 copies. THIS CARD IS SO RARE THAT EVEN THEY CANNOT PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT IT. SportsCardsPro 2019-2023 The 1989 Topps Traded Ken Griffey Jr. is one of his most attractive early cards. Create an account or login in order to post a comment. #156, PSA 9 KEN GRIFFEY JR. 1990 Upper Deck #156 SPELLING Error #156, 1990 Ken Griffey Jr. PSA 10 GEM MT Upper Deck Rookie Card #156 - ERROR CARD!!! The 1989 Classic Travel Orange came as part of a factory set that came in a blister pack. There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. Issued as part of the annual box set, its still easy to find. It starts with the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. Estimated PSA 10 Gem Mint Value (Bat Around .300 Variation): $100 Estimated PSA 10 Gem Mint Value (Bat .300 Variation): $50 The fact that Griffey's third-year card is in the number two slot for this set speaks volumes of its lack of star rookie power. The reverse of the card mentions that Jackson's baseball career was clearly on an upward trajectory and that he might be able to do even more on the baseball field if he were to give up football. Like Topps Traded and Donruss The Rookies, it came as part of a box set. You can reach him by email and through Twitter @tradercracks. By navigating the site, you agree to the use of cookies to collect information. If so, is this error version of the card worth more than the regular Platinum version? The number of Ken Griffey Jr. Ken Griffey Jr. prices (Baseball Cards 1990 Upper Deck) are updated daily for each source listed above. Original Price from 23.85 Some are more desirable than others but each has a unique story. Any value shown for this card with this grade is an estimate based on This oddball item is not really a true baseball card but collectors go wild for them. I have a rare 1990 Fleer Alvaro Espinoza card #441 with the ink from the printing of the 90 on top left. The big exception is in top-condition graded versions of his key cards like 1989 Upper Deck and 1989 Topps Tiffany. Old school T206 error card. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. They also make the card susceptible to corner and edge damage. Common Sports Card Printing Errors and What They're Worth - Beckett News MINT! I am betting there are a couple others out there, but no guarantee of that. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Stay in the know about the latest sports card, hobby news, and promotions from Beckett. from 15.80, from 17.55 However, the Tiffany version benefits from a relatively limited print run (although not confirmed like some other Topps Tiffany sets, it's believed to be 15,000 copies) and a glossy finish. He also loves to write about the hobby and has written for Beckett, Topps, SABR and of course, this website. Original Price from 17.55 A few years ago, you could find these in PSA 10 condition for less than $50. Although it should be noted that an error card does not automatically equate to big dollars, as many error cards are not worth the paper they are printed on. I have a Ken Griffey Junior card but its from the Ms 1991. 1982-92 Nike Poster Cards #290927 Ken Griffey Jr. Kenetics (1990) 1984-89 O'Connell and Son Ink #237 Ken Griffey Jr. 1987 Bellingham Mariners #15 Ken Griffey Jr. 1988 Best San Bernardino Spirit #1 Ken Griffey Jr. 1988 Best San Bernardino Spirit - Platinum #1 Ken Griffey Jr. 1988 Cal League #34 Ken Griffey Jr. 1988 Cal League All-Stars #26 Ken . Buy from many sellers and get your cards all in one shipment! @Christian If you go to Beckett.com, you can type in any set name or player in the search bar at the top and see whats cataloged. Thanks for any insight you can offer. 1990 Ken Griffey Jr. Topps Misprint Error Card #336 This Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card can come with a variety of errors. It's not hard to find but it does land a higher value than his other Score issues on this list. PriceIt Game | However, it was sold as a box set at retail stores. Mothers produced a fifth Ken Griffey Jr. card in 1989. I have searched the internet for this card and mine is the only one I can find. The price guide can be accessed in the link in the top menu of this page. Notice the hole in Griffey's cap--that's where the little suction cup would be used to secure him to a window or wall. 1990 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr. Seattle Mariners #365 Baseball Card Pink Dot Error! 1990 Upper Deck #156 Ken Griffey Jr. No Copyright Estimated PSA 10 Gem Mint Value: $600 With Copyright Estimated PSA 10 Gem Mint Value: $75 While the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card took the hobby by storm when it was first released, his second-year Upper Deck card was also a hobby favorite. Learn more. The shiny foilboard adds further flair. We dont care much for this, but others in the hobby do as it often appears in baseball error card discussions. Ken Griffey Jr. [Error] prices (Baseball Cards 1990 Donruss) are updated daily for each source listed above. Ken Griffey Jr. was always a key to any late '80s or early '90s set and this one is no exception. If you set a stack aside for your childs education, youve probably already realized this. Baseball Cards of All-Time, 1987 Bellingham Mariners Ken GriffeyJr. #15, Ken Griffey Jr. Minor League and Pre-Rookie Card Guide, 1989 Topps Traded Tiffany Ken Griffey Jr. #41T, 1989 Topps Traded Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card, 1993 Topps Finest Refractor Ken Griffey Jr. #110, 1994 Upper Deck Mickey Mantle/Ken Griffey Jr. Dual Autograph, 1997 E-X2000 A Cut Above Ken Griffey Jr. #2, 1997 Flair Showcase Legacy Masterpieces Ken Griffey Jr. 1/1, 1997 Upper Deck Game Jersey Ken Griffey Jr. #GJ1, 2004 Upper Deck A Piece of History 500 Club Ken Griffey Jr. Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball Cards - COMC Refresh your browser window to try again. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. Ryan M, The 90 Topps is cut out from the top of the wax box that the card packs came in. In this guide, we take a look at the 20 most valuable 1990 Donruss baseball cards. Like most minor league cards, its simple in its aesthetics and doesnt draw much attention to itself other than the player on the front. Attic find..purchased house at auction. #156, KEN GRIFFEY JR. 1990 Upper Deck #156 Mariners RARE SPELLING ERROR CARD. at the best online prices at eBay! These are certainly one of the more odd Ken Griffey Jr. rookie issues. If so how much. His 1989 Upper Deck Rookie Card is one of the most famous cards in the hobby, ranking right up there with Jordan, Jeter, and Brady regarding popularity search on Google. Most feature action shots. Get my weekly newsletter with the latest hobby updates delivered straight to your inbox! Griffey is the obvious standout in this minor league team set from Best. Ken Griffey Jr. [No Copyright] #156 Prices | 1990 Upper Deck | Baseball Designed to promote a Ken Griffey Jr. chocolate bar, Pacifics first cards of the Hall of Famer come in three different versions. #156. 1989 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr #33 Rated Rookie E error? | Freedom Cardboard The card has several similar versions of varying rarity, including some with jersey swatches. And they chose wisely in making Griffey Jr. card #1 in the set. Help us close this case. hi-trying to see about this- is it worth anything? Below are our personal favorites when it comes to baseball error cards. After opening them I found this Ken Griffey Jr. card with the bloody scar on the elbow, but I can't really find a lot of information about it other than some have sold for huge $$ on ebay. Off the top of my head, I am not familiar with the error. The first card in the set shows The Kid posing with his arms crossed. My original thought was that it was a misprint but I can not find anything on this subject though in all the other cards online show a regular back to it. The photos, which were shot by Barry Colla, show tons of personality and make for a fun oddball release. Talk about one of the craziest errors in all baseball cards. Not only are they out of the ordinary from the standard card but in some cases more valuable. He was dangerous at the plate and was a terrific outfielder as well. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. Another old one. Topps wasnt the only company to offer slightly slicker versions of their base cards in the form of a premium factory set. No More Secrets Puzzle Game, 1990 Upper Deck / #156 Ken Griffey Jr / Simultaneously Spelling Error #156, KEN GRIFFEY JR. 1990 Upper Deck #156 - SPELLING ERROR CARD - NM/M #156, Ken Griffey Jr Rookie Card Upper Deck 1990 Error Card Great Condidtion! I'm not sure if they're necessarily more rare than the orange but they do command a higher price, on average. But as his career progressed and the home runs kept piling up, he turned into one of the most popular players in the league. This estimate is based on the card being PSA or BGS graded. View Etsys Privacy Policy. I cant find anything online on this but I found a 1990 Ken Griffey Jr. Topps all star rookie card but the back where the stats would be is completely missing only a black piece of unprinted cardboard. Ken Griffey Jr. rookie cards are one of the top investments in the hobby from an ROI perspective. Making things tougher for those looking for top-condition cards is the fact that the Griffey is often found with rough centering. I have a set of five Ken Griffey Junior cards from the 90s I bought them from a local card store the guy said they were one of a kind and I cant find anything on it and I think they are one of a kind theyre a set of five cards with his three minor league totals and then a major league total it says year club, I have a Ken Griffey jr#192 its got a white line on the front? Ken Griffey Jr. [No Copyright] prices (Baseball Cards 1990 Upper Deck) are updated daily for each source listed above. It's one of a very few Ken Griffey Jr. rookie cards to feature artwork of the rising start. Any ideas on value? Before we get started, I do want to make it clear that most of the cards from this set do not have any value these days. The set contains 56 cards but Griffey's is by far the key. We all knew back then that "The Kid" was destined for greatness. FYI we snuck a basketball error card in, we had to include it due to a variety of reasons. One of the most popular and most expensive of all error cards. 1990 donruss Ken griffey jr Error Card No (.) Rookie error card. The collector who pulled the third one-of-one allegedly turned down an offer of more than $20,000. Otherwise the 1990 version looks the same. Rather, its a die-cut floating head of sorts you can sticker to a locker, window or wall. He's also got one of the most comprehensive collections of John Jaha cards in existence (not that there are a lot of them). The bigger names like Bo Jackson, Nolan Ryan, Cal Ripken Jr., etc. Post contains affiliate links. We purchase sports cards as an alternative investment to stocks, bonds, and real estate. Back in the late '80s and early '90s during their time with the Pirates, he and Bobby Bonilla became known as the "Killer B's" as one of the most feared hitting duos in the league. The 1989 Score Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card is the second of two 1989 Score cards on this list. Any value shown for this card with this grade is an estimate based on When a 1989 Topps Heads Up Ken Griffey Jr. comes up for sale, they dont go cheap. Cards #1-26 in this set highlight a top player from every MLB team, with Ken Griffey Jr. representing the Mariners. Perhaps it's just because they're a bit more fun to look at. Rookie Card, which remains a part of 80s pop culture. This is probably the most recognizable Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card of them all.