I answer to God, he said. Jeremiah Johnson, who is based in North Carolina, said he still predicts that Mr Trump will reclaim the presidency, and that unspecified corruption in voting will exposed. Prosperity Preacher Kenneth Copeland declared June 19, 2020, that Juneteenth should be a national holiday. He mused, God has plans and purposes we dont understand.. THERE ARE THINGS THIS GREAT STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, LIBERTY WAS BORN HERE. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? When Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th president of the United States, these prophets predictions became verifiably false. . . Published Apr 7, 2017. Kenneth elaborates on divine airplane protection strategies (hacks) and manipulates the Bible even further in another mind-boggling episode from the Kenneth Copeland Bible College. As Mitt Romney was being taken to safety with other Senators, he made sure to summon a reporter to get a statement on record. Interviewed in Mr. Strangs various platforms, a rotating cast of religious leaders spoke with mystic authority on this subject. If you want to get a glimpse of the holdouts, watch this broadcast from Kenneth Copeland's ministry page on Facebook. They didnt fear his rage, because theyd already faced it. By 2000, the company had expanded to a plush $7.5 million, 67,000-square foot headquarters outside Orlando. And I answer to Uncle Sam, you know, with the I.R.S.. This is not about politics. Why Evangelicals Lean So Hard on Original Christianity. No, he said. After Trump thanks also-heretic Paula White for being at the rally- one of his "spiritual advisors- he introduces Copeland as a "great man" and "one of the great men of our country" who then goes on to say: He says Kenneth Copeland is a 33rd Degree Freemason. She co-founded Kenneth Copeland Ministries with her husband and served as one of President Donald Trump's evangelical ministers. What else is left to say? I have a love-hate relationship with Thanksgiving Day. Wolff noted in his respected book Confrontations with Prophets, The false prophet makes things easier for his listeners.. Another such leader, Televangelist Kenneth Copeland, laughed at the media for calling the election for Mr Biden on Saturday. Televangelist Kenneth Copeland spoke for about five minutes at a Donald Trump rally in Latrobe, Pa., on Nov. 5. We rely on our journalists to be independent observers. It is widely regarded as the flagship publication of the fast-growing Pentecostal world, which numbers over 10 million in the United States. Join our commenting forum. Mr. Strangs project stretched to include a book imprint, several spinoff magazines and educational materials for religious schools. This blog exists because of readers support, and I appreciate every single bit of it. At 70, he is a C.E.O., publisher and seasoned author in his own right. Madyson Marquette, a woman who says she is a former adult film actor, has stepped forward now to level allegations that turn the tables on the conspiracy theories fiercest supporters. But apparently even his rhetoric has limits. Evangelical Reform: Who's Gonna FORCE Accountability on Pastors? Over the past five years, he had hitched his professional fate to the Trump presidency, in a particularly cosmic way: promoting, almost daily, the claim that Trumps rise to power was predestined by God. His feed remains the usual surreal land of quasi-Christian-sounding platitudes. Weve mentioned him in the past.). That wont lead to shocking violence again this year. We didnt want to become the kind of boring publications many religious journals are, Mr. Strang wrote in an early editors note. While competitors such as Christianity Today courted the buttoned-up elite of American evangelicalism, Charisma cornered a niche market of what are called charismatic Christians, set apart by their interest in gifts of the spirit, including things like healings, speaking in tongues and modern-day prophecy. State Senator Mastriano, Dr. Oz, and televangelist Kenneth Copeland also spoke. First, lets check out Franklin Graham. They adore the god of success, Buber wrote. Los Angeles megachurch pastor Shawn Bolz prophesied that Trump would win by Gods hand and that the now-departed commander-in-chief would exhibit more boldness in the second term.. Kenneth Copeland (December 6, 1936-) is a televangelist and faith healer from Texas. Kenneth Copeland Speaks at Trump Rally in Pennsylvania, Canadian Pastor Arrested for Speaking Against Drag Queen Story Event, Smucker Village Brings Connection to the Intercourse Community, Post Office Frustrations in Lancaster County, Hersheys Ad Features a Man Dressed as Woman for Womens History Month Campaign, Manor Township Rezoning to Face Legal Challenge, Governor Shapiro to Deliver Budget Proposal to General Assembly on Tuesday, Ark Encounter Places First in USA Todays 10Best Poll, Federal Agencies Instructed to Remove TikTok from Government-Issued Devices, Dozens Dead Following Train Collision in Greece, Airbnb Bans Users Closely Associated with Already-Banned Users, Presidents Day: A Time to Reflect on the Office of the Executive, Suspect Identified in Martic Elementary Threats, Podcast Trusting in Lies: Julie Green, Bo Polny, and Reawaken America. On Nov. 7, for example, Vallotton became the first to issue a mea culpa, telling his nearly 250,000 Instagram followers in an apology, I take full responsibility for being wrong. And so, on Election Day 2020, Mr. Strang flew to Texas to appear on the livestream of one of his friends, the televangelist Kenneth Copeland. It could easily mean that hes at least playing along with Donald Trumps posturing lies about the election. If you find a picture in this post that I forgot to alt-text, please let me know in comments.). The editorial voice had the sunny boosterism of a hometown newspaper, covering the personalities of the Pentecostal world, an audience that Mr. Strang believed was woefully underserved. With Trump standing behind him, Copeland, 86, spoke to the audience members about George Washington, voting, and the need for energy independence in America. Instead, it skips into the pandemic political zeitgeist, approvingly featuring vaccine skeptics like Stella Immanuel and megachurch pastors who defied lockdowns. pleading with donors for cash to pay for a private jet to avoid flying with "demons," served on President Donald Trump's evangelical advisory board. Heseems to like Donald Trump. Again, I am not making that claim I don't know if that's true or not but Greg Locke says is very adamantly and tells Copeland to sue him if he's wrong. His oft-repeated defense, in discussing the election fallout, is that he was simply doing his job, presenting alternate views. Last week, we obtained a video from Don Nori Sr., co-founder of Destiny Image, showing a group of Pentecostals and conservative Christians in a private meeting Paula White set up with Donald Trump.Beyond Paula White, also present were Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, Jentezen Franklin, David Jeremiah, Jan Crouch . First, I found a number of them were quiet about it. In a 1994 article, the late R.C. Kenneth Copeland, a multimillionaire Donald Trump supporter has claimed that the devil is trying to steal the election and destroy the nation's youth. James Dobson, one of Trumps sycophantic religiousadvisors, is quiet too, along with fellow advisorsRichard Landand Kenneth Copeland. He also condemns the Capitol attack. That said, even Mitch McConnell seemsoverTrumps tantrums today. The Victory Channel was founded by Kenneth Copeland and belongs to the "word of faith" prosperity gospel faction. So while Times staff members may vote, they are not allowed to endorse or campaign for candidates or political causes. Mr. Strang eschewed matters of stuffy dogma for eye-popping tales about the Holy Spirit moving through current events. At Charisma, he fused the marketplace, faith and entrepreneurship.. Every respectable poll forecasted that Trump would get trounced in the general election by Hillary Clinton. No wonder the Jewish prophet Micah warned against those prophets who tell fortunes for money, and the Jewish prophet Jeremiah warned of those who proclaim delusions and speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of God.. are a bunch of LOW LIFES going to HELL with donald duck in a gold Screenshot/RightWingWatch. That was no surprise to me as someone who has closely studied American Christianity, and evangelicalism in particular. ), After the events of Jan. 6, Mr. Strang did condemn the violence in Washington in forthright language. Who can forget the video of televangelist Kenneth Copelands manic laughter in mockery of those who believed Biden had actually won? Kenneth Copeland threw a fit over the announcement that Biden had won the election. As a senior associate minister at Californias 11,000-member Bethel Church, a swarm of eager believers received the pastors prophecy as Gods unshakeable will. She says she . It was a step too far for them. For Trump, that includes a special category for religious leaders. The 85-year-old pastor's house spans 18,000 square feet and is made up of six bedrooms and six . With Trump standing behind him, Copeland, 86, spoke to the audience members about George Washington, voting, and the need for energy independence in America. Please consider becoming one of my monthly patrons viaPatreon with Roll to Disbelievefor as little as $1/month! Today, they either avoided the topic of the Capitol attack entirely, or else they condemned it in the mealiest-mouthed ways possible. In addition, I noticed these tweets from Russell Moore, a big name with the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC): I feel the need to offer some possibly-illuminating backstory here: A few years ago, Russell Moore almost lost his job over criticizing Donald Trump. I prophesied he would become president four days after he declared his candidacy [in 2015]. On Saturday, he told thousands of his followers that God hates the policies of Mr Biden. Copeland was one of a roomful of televangelists who laid hands on Trump last year, thanking God "for a . I had three dreams in one night.. Mr. Strang wrote three more glowing books about the president, including God, Donald Trump and the 2020 Election. In one chapter, the book explored the possibility that Mr. Trump could lose, but it came down squarely on the side of a preordained victory. Ninety-year-old televangelist and Christianitys crazy uncle, Pat Robertson, predictably snagged a piece of the prophetic action, too. Theres no excuse for it. He added, I think it doesnt make me a false prophet, but it does actually create a credibility gap., Vallotton then deleted his apology, explaining that it appears there is significant amount of discrepancy in the process, only to repost it after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Thats quite the credibility gap.. He declared in October that God told him without question, Trump is going to win the election. (Robertson added that there would be assassination attempts in Trumps second term, and that the apocalypse would follow in the form of an asteroid smashing into Earth. Despite all that, Mr. Strang worried something had gone awry. And it's gonna be ugly but it's gonna be the Lord," Vallotton said in November of 2019, as Trump faced his impeachment trial. But I didnt claim I was God., Later that year, on July 19, 1987, Copeland made remarks during a nationally televised crusade which caused more concern among evangelicals: I say this and repeat it so it dont upset you too badWhen I read in the Bible where he (Jesus) says, I am, yes, I am, too!. As H.W. Start your Independent Premium subscription today. His net worth is estimated to be over $700 million. Hacking group REvil claim to have stolen 1.2tb from Kenneth Copeland . With a slick and dependable product, Mr. Strang unified diverse groups who might otherwise squabble over doctrine or not attend the same kinds of churches at all. Monthly readership of the Charisma website rose to somewhere between two and three million, Mr. Berglund said. The most popular prophets in America effortlessly fill professional sports arenas, appear atop the New York Times bestsellers list and have millions on their mailing lists. The bigness of Trump's theological tent was on display on Saturday (Nov. 5), when he held a campaign rally in Pennsylvania to support Republican senate candidate Mehmet Oz and Republican gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano. That was 25 years ago. Wallnau was among those present last month when over 30 members of the clergy met with Trump [including David Jeremiah] at his New York City tower and laid hands on him to pray for his potential presidency. Trump, who garnered overwhelming support from white evangelicals in 2016, and then again in 2020, did so by bringing together a coalition of theologically diverse Christian leaders. I wondered what evangelical leaders would say about the Capitol attack. I noticed a trend as I examined the reactions of right-wing Christian leaders to this explosion of violence right in the heart of our government. Therefore, voting is a sacred trust. In 1975, Mr. Strang founded Charisma, then a small periodical put out by Calvary Assembly of God, a congregation in the Orlando area that he attended with his wife. He tries hard to avoid direct questions about Donald Trump, because thats not his brand. 636.5K Followers. At any given time, she's running out of bookcase space. And lets not forget Pat Robertson, who predicted in 1976 that the world would end in 1982. So I wasnt surprised to see his Twitter (or what I think is his Twitter, anyway) quiet. Following her sermon, White was joined on stage by Terri Pearsons, who is . The next morning, Mr. Strang was surprised to find that, though ballots were still being tallied, a Biden victory seemed likely, and he would not accept the outcome for some time. If a single prediction failed to come true, the one who spoke it was a fraud. Anyone can read what you share. Texas televangelist Kenneth Copeland, a Pentecostalist based in Fort Worth, is generating headlines after a clip of him refusing to accept President-elect Joe Biden's win went viral on social media. NEXT UP: Lets see if we can get back to that pastor whos so upset over his redefinition of love losing favorwith his flocksas well as with the world outside their bubble. Hes gonna bring it to a close. Referring to him as one of the great men of our country, Trump invited Copeland to the podium to offer a prayer. Your perfect will will be done, and this nation will begin to change, and it will continue to do so and it will continue under your leadership and your guidance. According to NBC, various Republicans who still lick Donald Trumps boots had already planned to object to this certification process without evidence, remember. For one thing, many of these prophets arent living in caves and deserts like their biblical forebears. With experience in pastoral ministry as well as the corporate marketing world, he is also a blogger and podcaster who is passionate about helping people tackle ancient truths in everyday settings. Don't miss Kat Kerr's "vision" of God walking into her bedroom. Im not going to say it right now, but Im telling youI promise you, in the very nexta very, very, very short period of time, youre going to be so happy, Trump said on Saturday. I was never on the inside circle, Mr. Strang said. Kenneth Max Copeland (born December 6, 1936) is an American televangelist associated with the charismatic movement. After a weekslong bout with COVID-19 left famed televangelist Frederick K.C. Voting is a sacred trust, he said. In fact, in 2016 he may have been one of Trumps most important (and loudest) evangelical allies. But Charismas staff appears to have shrunk since the early 2000s, when The Sentinel reported that the company employed 200. In his new book, Mr. Strang mentions the former president only in passing, with far more attention going to topics such as the coming Antichrist and loathed government overlords seeking to stamp out religion wholesale. Unlike the names that have already danced across your perception today, they made their opinionscrystal-clear and got a few digs in as well. He was reacting as all the major networks called the election for Biden as he passed the key 270 electoral vote threshold to win. In 1987 Copeland drew criticism from evangelicals when he published a prophecy which he claims was directly from Jesus. Mr. Strang bought the magazine from the parent church in 1981 and dove into religious publishing. For quick viewing, C-SPAN provides Points of Interest markers for some events. So while Times staff members may vote, they are not allowed to endorse or campaign for candidates or political causes. According to Proverbs 6:16-17, There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to Him: 1. haughty eyes, 2. a lying tongue, 3. hands that shed innocent blood, 4. a heart that devises wicked plans, 5. feet that are quick to rush into evil, 6. a false witness who pours out lies, 7. a person who stirs up conflict in the community. By covenant, this nation belongs to God. These prominent figures were joined by a cottage industry of lesser-known voices whose online declarations about Trumps impending triumph were viewed and shared millions of times. By the time the clock struck noon on Jan. 20, the moment of reckoning had arrived. Vallotton was far from the only Christian leader claiming before the election that the Almighty had rigged the outcome. The implications of Trump's defeat for prophecy were minimised: "Oftentimes when things happen like this, the spirit of fear tries to grip . Marky Mark Driscoll hasnt said a word about the Trumpistas attempted coup. Your email address will not be published. Televangelist Kenneth Copeland spoke for about five minutes at a Donald Trump rally in Latrobe, Pa., on Nov. 5. J.D. .. Charisma disputed those figures but declined to provide any information about its finances or number of employees. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has stated that Congress will be finishing the certification process later tonight. Grown man asking for some candy during court. Now lets get back to the anti-abortion battle by declaring that fetuses equal actual pweshus baybeeeez, so our followers think abortions are actual real live murders of infants! Mr. Strang interviewed repentant prophets, such as Mr. Johnson, who shut his ministry after Mr. Trump was not re-elected. The Trumpistas screamed and yelled and vandalized the place for a while. A couple of prophets acted swiftly. Pro-Trump evangelical Copeland's strange performance has gone viral, being viewed more than 9million times on Twitter. Your perfect will will be done, and this nation will begin to change, and it will continue to do so and it will continue under your leadership and your guidance. Al Mohler, for example, is super-duper sad about the attack, though he forgets to sorrow over the wayhe helped bring evangelicals to this state. They told their followers that God had told them that Trump would win. Mr. Strang seems to have discovered that one way to handle being publicly wrong is to change the subject and to pray readers stick around. Subscribe for $1.07/week. Dont be disturbed when people accuse you of thinking youre God, Copeland claimed Jesus prophesied through him. Second. Guess all that weird, bizarre guffawing Copeland didwhen Trump lost the election clean wore him out. Among 22 currently listed, the majority are televangelists or podcasters. Its leaders include megachurch pastors, syndicated radio hosts, denominational heads, college presidents, televangelists, popular authors, Instagram influencers, and during the last four years, spiritual advisers to the president of the United States himself. Guess all that weird, bizarre guffawing Copeland did when . Fort Worth, Texas kcm.org Joined May 2009. Power is the language they speak as well as the only thing they care about. Perhaps these prophets misheard God. Heres his response to the attacks: For that matter, I dont think ex-LifeWay faux-researcher and current Wheaton professor Ed Stetzer really liked Trump all that much either. Several in the prophetic movement are talking about why God is still going to come through and plunk Trump in the White House. State Senator Mastriano, Dr. Oz, and televangelist Kenneth Copeland also spoke. Another such leader, Televangelist Kenneth Copeland, laughed at the media for calling the election for Mr Biden on Saturday. In this revolutionary speech, He finally unveils some of his life-saving spells, which should grant Evangelists imperviousness to demons whilst being unprotected . In the run up to the presidential elections, a number of evangelical Christian leaders had forecast a clear win for Donald Trump and they are now having to apologise for missing the prophecy after Joe Biden was named president-elect. And now look what had happened and very obviously because of their idols deliberate rabble-rousing. It was White who arranged a meeting at the Trump Tower for fellow televangelists (including Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, David Jeremiah, and Jan Crouch) to anoint him in prayer back in 2015. (Typical headlines read: Prophecy: God Sent Donald Trump to Wage War Against Destructive Spirits or Prophecy: Donald Trump Is Unstoppable Because the Lord Is Unstoppable.), Running stories about politics got clicks. As Michael Brown, a leader in the prophetic movement since the 1990s, told Julia Duin in Religion Unplugged, I believe many leaders looked at Trump as some kind of political messiah who would fight our battles, give the church back its voice, and on and on. It says that right on the cover of the book.. . With its mash-up of political and prophetic themes, Charisma had tapped a sizable market and electoral force. "For almost 50 years, Fred and Betty Price have been wonderful . Copeland's television program is called "The Believers Voice of Victory." Winning. Now, Brother Copeland says he is working his way up to 5 minutes per day! Click here to continue reading. But this time, this certification must have felt to his worshipers like a super-official last step to transferring the Presidency to their tribal enemies. Former President Trump gave remarks at a rally supporting Republicans running in Pennsylvania's 2022 midterm . Kenneth Copeland Prays For Donald TrumpPennsylvania Trump RallyNovember 5, 2022Latrobe, PA#Trump #TrumpRally #KennethCopeland And I believe the Lords gonna give him another term. The coalition has been so broad, in fact, that some Christian leaders within it would not only refrain from platforming each other but actively speak out against one another as false teachers. Peter Montgomery, a senior fellow at Right Wing Watch, called Mr. Strangs work harmful pro-Trump propagandizing because it cast political battles as holy wars. More posts you may like. You have no comment, Copeland said, going on to describe Trump as a man who will do what he says and keep his campaign promises., In a few days here, people will be going to the polls again to cast vote[s] in the greatest nation in history, Copeland prayed. In the interim, Charisma gave a platform both to people who questioned the results and those who accepted that Mr. Biden was the president-elect. Well, sorta. Kenneth | Image credit: Ghana News. Patheos has the views of the prevalent religions and spiritualities of the world. Those Republican lickspittles sorta-leader, Careers Workplace and Religion Columnists, Recreation Outdoors and Religion Columnists, Religious Music and Entertainment Columnists, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, too many evangelical leaders to name individually, OnlySky: The Last Lord Snow Presides ". That last bit about his loyalty being first to God and then to country really irks me. By 2020, dozens of Christian foretellers were declaring that God told them Trump would secure a second term. I signed books all afternoon, he typed. It doesn't make me a false prophet. The prophets have been saying that.. Ive never been a prophet, he wrote in a pleading March editors note. As exit polls were trickling in, Mr. Strang donned a . This extreme demonization of ones political opponents is toxic to our political culture, Mr. Montgomery said. Jim Bakker, of course, suffered a major health crisis this past summer. Im so sorry if it feels that way. Kenneth Copeland: Net Worth $760 Million. While we wait until January to determine our next US President, observe the stunning blindness and hypocrisy in the body of Christ Christians who voted for the shedding of innocent blood, the Equality Act, and anti-Israel legislation (ALL things God HATES) are now picking up stones to persecute prophets who supposedly missed it, wrote Mr Johnson in a post to his followers. In response to the Capitol attack, John Hagee wrote a few tweets that almost sound like he condemns these domestic terrorists, if not the inept politicians who encouraged their violence. The list includes Franklin Graham, Kenneth Copeland, Paul Crouch, Jentezen Franklin, Robert Jeffress, John MacArthur, Guillermo Maldonado, Al Mohler, James Robison, Don Stewart and Paula White. Televangelist Kenneth Copeland attended the dinner and shared his thoughts with me in an interview for my "Strang Report" podcast. along with that of another charismatic Trump adviser, Kenneth Copeland, . I dont have to answer to anybody. Because compassionate is not her usual look. The only way to protect ourselves from these false prophets is to return to the Bibles ancient standard: one failed prophecy and youre out of business. Of course, without evangelicals hard-right turn into zealotry and wingnuttery 30ish years ago,QAnon would have beennothing more than a fleeting blip on Americas radar if anything at all. DeSantis, whose gubernatorial re-election campaign will be decided this week, is believed to be preparing for a run at the presidency in 2024. The tide is turning now, he declared. Featured at the event was prosperity preacher Kenneth Copeland. Kenneth Copeland was one of several evangelists who prayed over Donald Trump. So there. 192 Following. And predicted in 1990 that it would end in 2007. Javascript must be enabled in order to access C-SPAN videos. For a solid 40 seconds, Copeland laughed maniacally on stage during a sermon, and then began laughing hysterically for no . Coronavirus Kenneth Copeland COVID-19 Donald Trump Roy Moore Tony Spell Rodney Howard-browne. In 2016, he was on the Advisory Board put . Sproul called out Copeland for teaching heresy. And ifInoticed these things, you can bet the evangelical leaders involved did as well, and so did their like-minded followers. Paparazzo Presents / Wikicommons. Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies, File: Trump speaks at the White House on the Thursday after election day, Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. Related Donald Trump 2020 election Joe Biden Weird News kenneth copeland. For months now, evangelicals Orange Calf Idol, Donald Trump, has been bellowing and screeching about electoral fraud in the 2020 national election. Hi and welcome back! See you tomorrow! His new gig, the pseudo-think-tank and culture-war hopefulFalkirk Center, has a Parler presence. Even Mitch McConnell seems completely on board with her plan. We wont back off from the prophets.. But then--record scratch!--she brought everything to a screeching halt when she deconverted in her mid-20s. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This includes participating in marches or rallies in support of a movement or giving money to, or raising money for, any political candidate or election cause. Pentecostalism, of which the prophetic movement is a part, is one of the fastest-growing streams of Christianity in the world. She lives with an adored and adoring husband named Mr. Captain and a sweet, squawky orange tabby cat named Princess Bother Pretty Toes. . I believe it because the Lord wants it. Follow our coverage of the ongoing fallout from the US election live here. Ifyou like what you see, I gratefully welcome your support. Over the weekend, a number of prominent evangelical supporters of Donald Trump indicated that Florida governor Ron DeSantis would be a better fit for president in 2024, especially given a recent appearance of Kenneth Copeland at a Trump rally, as well as Trump's "DeSantimonious" comment. Kenneth Copeland is a pro-Trump preacher worth an estimated $760million.