Four of Acadiana's defensive linemen this past season were selected to the all-district first or second team, and Figaro's son, Thaos, was a member of The Acadiana Advocate's Large School All-Metro team as a defensive lineman. Last year saw the Ramblers go 4-6 overall, but 4-3 in their first season in Region 6-AAA, earning themselves a fourth-place finish and the program's first postseason berth in 27 years. School Health Initiative Program; Special Education; Student Meals & Information; Transportation; . Figaro replaces Rob Pool, who stepped down after four seasons in charge and a 10-30 overall record. Submitting this form below will send a message to your email with a link to change your password. William D. Snyder (born October 7, 1939) is a retired college football coach and former player. Danville High School has hired former Berea and Bryan Station coach Frank Parks as the new head coach of its 11-time state championship Admirals football program. On and off the field, Pool was instrumental in improving Lafayette High's appearance, both uniform-wise as well as their facilities. On 11/4, the Lafayette varsity football team lost their away conference game against New Iberia (LA) by a score of 35-31. As a native of Lafayette, Coach Figaro has many ties to the community that will serve him well as the head football coach of the Lions. Mar. . He was the head coach at Valley Head for one season in 1992 and was later hired at Section in 1998 where he coached for three seasons. PF 62 PA 222 STREAK 2L. On 10/28, the Lafayette varsity football team lost their away conference game against Southside (Youngsville, LA) by a score of 38-19. The move by Lafayette to hire Werner is similar to when Oak Grove hired former Southern Mississippi and NFL quarterback Brett Favre. Clev did a really good job of controlling the scene and talking to him. Harry Ostro coached football at Brooklyn's Lafayette High in the 1940s, was also the gym teacher and taught the legendary pitcher Sandy Koufax. Kevin Baumann. "When the administration decided to make a change, his name was brought up often by people in the community and some people here at Lafayette High," Lemaire said of Figaro, also a member of the Lions' athletic hall of fame. You have permission to edit this article. I've been in those situations, but never with someone I really knew. His sons TJ and Jaimason play for the Knights. Under Pool, the Lions, who haven't made the playoffs since 2012 . Comeaux High School, Early College Academy He's done that at numerous stops coaching football around the area that also saw him help win five state championships at Central Catholic. The Lafayette County School Districts Board of Trustees approved the hire during Mondays regular meeting. His lips were dark blue and he's not breathing. During pregame interviews - as well as other discussions - Faulk was not shy about sharing his faith. Coach Miller served as an assistant football coach at the University of Missouri from 1982-1989. That's why it's so tough. Not because they win a state title, but because they become good men and serve the community. Lafayette passed the ball a whopping 74 times. Lafayette has named Scott Finley as its new football coach. Cedric Figaro, pictured here coaching the Acadiana defensive line during a practice on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019, at Acadiana High School, has been hired as Lafayette High's new head football coach. "There's nothing wrong here. Mar 5, 2021. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, http://dss.louisiana.gov/page/109, Powered by Campus Suite(opens in new window). Although he expects coaching opportunities to present itself outside of the state, Pool is determined to remain in the Acadiana area. Live Oak Barlow High School, Teacher, Head Football Coach 1975-1986 David Douglas High School, Assistant Principal and Principal 1986-2004 University of Oregon Football Letterman 1966-1969 Alumni Board 2007-2008 Alumni Association Recognition Award 2008 Enrollment Management Advisory Board Member 2012-2015 . He wanted to do something with his time.. "We have made some improvements here," Pool said. "What makes him special is that he is a man of his word, said Treanders Marzell to The Advocate. At Acadiana under Matt McCullough, Figaro was part of a coaching staff that led the Wreckin' Rams to their first undefeated season and first state championship since 2014. On 9/30, the Lafayette varsity football team won their home non-conference game against St. Martinville (LA) by a score of 44-41. During his time at LHS, Mr. Figaro was a linebacker and earned All-State MVP honors and was named a USA Today High School All-American. "I love all my coaches and all the kids. "We got the lockers redone, a new meeting room to meet and watch film. Our School. There are some good young kids here. The former Purdue defensive back will coach running backs in Ryan Walters' first season as Boilermaker head coach. Your e-mail address will be used to confirm your account. "All of my memories are going to be fond memories. I don't want to miss anything about my daughter's senior year. St. Thomas More High School is home to champion athletes on and off the field. "It's real simple. The Lafayette Boys Football season preview, complete with returning player information and program history is available. Central OfficeHours: Welcome to the Lafayette Football team feed. Citing family as the sole reason, Paul Ellis stepped down as the head football coach at LaFayette High School on Friday. 10:30 AM-11:45 AM. It was very surreal and chaotic. He is currently serving as a coach for the Acadiana High School Wreckin' Rams football team. We put chair back seating in the stadium. LAFAYETTE - For more than three decades, Ed Tilley has been on the sidelines on Friday night coaching high school football. "I tried to open his airway and check for a pulse. . Werner will be an assistant coach and is full-go with the Commodores. Lafayette High School hired the former Ole Miss offensive coordinator to serve as the . Even before his daughter entered athletic training as a profession, though, he was an advocate for medical personnel at youth sporting events. Still, athletic trainers are always prepared for the situation. Alice Boucher Lafayette High hires former All-American player Cedric Figaro as new football coach. He said he's wanted the job for 20 years. Steve Blackmon. "My son has a lot to learn," Cedric said. On 9/22, the Lafayette varsity football team lost their neutral conference game against Acadiana (Lafayette, LA) by a score of 55-6. I love them. Lafayette High School; Coaches and Team Roster; Football. Williamsburg, VA. Pub. Clev is Jeff Clevenger, Lafayette Jeff's athletic trainer since 1987. The 2022 prep football season is underway, and there are 60 new head football coaches in Louisiana - new to their respective programs, that is. He added that he planned to continue to teach at LHS throughout the remainder of the current school year. By Eric Held. What he pours into our sons will benefit them for a lifetime.. High School Sports. On Thursday, Dickerson was . During his time at LHS, Mr. Figaro was a linebacker and earned All-State MVP honors and was named a USA Today High School All-American. Montgomery Invite Head Coach. Coach Figaro brings over 18 years of experience to his new head coaching position. Copyright 2023, Chattanooga Times Free Press, Inc. Interceptions: Damarion Jackson (1), Micah Lillard (1), Minor (1). Lafayette High's principal Rachel Brown andathletic director Tim Lemaire both declined to comment on Pool not returning in 2020. Lafayette back in hunt for football coach after recently named Atchley steps down. WEST LAFAYETTE As a quarterback at Texas Tech, Graham Harrell did things that hadn't been done in college football before and hasn't been done since. Dunkle distinctly remembers Clevenger yelling, "dang it, Ed, don't do this to me" before Tilley began breathing. Email him at enarcisse@theadvertiser.com and follow him on Twitter @eric_narcisse. The news comes as a surprise to the sports community as the former Lafayette High and LSU standout who has coached at Vermilion Catholic, Northside High, and LCA is a beloved member of the community. Celebrate the Return of The Mandalorian With Ne, 29 TikTok Viral Beauty Products You Can Find at CVS, Shark Tank Investor Kevin O'Leary: Don't Overlo, GET OUT THERE: 5 things to do in north Georgia . Catholic High of New Iberia's Brent Indest retires, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. The official 2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster for the Lafayette College Leopards Skip To Main Content . "I came from a good job and then I got (to LaFayette) and it was the same thing. Lafayette High School, Northside High School Along with a handful of stints as a prep assistant coach, Figaro previously served as the head coach at Vermilion Catholic (2000-02), St. Bernard (2003-04) and South Plaquemines (12-14). The big point is that LJ won the FB game. Fred M. Kirby II '42 Head Football Coach. Fayette County Public Schools is committed to student-athlete success and competitive excellence by creating an inclusive environment that develops and retains quality people, provides a great fan experience, inspires community engagement, and serves as a source of pride for Lexington. She said the plan is to hopefully have a new coach in place by April. Broadmoor It's much more common now that someone is on hand at high school events. This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software. Paul Ellis stepped down on Friday as the new head football coach at LaFayette High School. During a second tenure at Ole Miss Werner was hired by then-Rebel head coach Ed Orgeron in 2006 and was on staff for two seasons he oversaw both Bo Wallace and Chad Kelly. Lafayette County High School 11-Man Football Coaches . LAFAYETTE - For more than three decades, Ed Tilley has been on the sidelines on Friday night coaching high school football. Do you like or dislike the Ole Miss helmets designed by Realtree, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Gallery: Oxford downs Lafayette 9-1 in first game of Crosstown Classic Series, Late comeback bid falls short as Lafayette falls to West Jones in semifinals, Ole Misss Angel Baker and Madison Scott earn SEC accolades, OHS girls powerlifting wins North Half for first time in school history. He is a leader of men. Figaro, who won't be able to start at Lafayette High until Acadiana High finds a teaching replacement for him, said he would base his offensive and defensive scheme off personnel. "Ws are Ws. Carencro High School I just need to step down and slow down a bit. I want to make sure the kids here at Lafayette High have the best opportunity to be successful at school and at football. Men's Basketball Coaching Staff. He and his family still live there. "Rob did some good things, and he was building that. Earlier this week, he notified me that its just, timing-wise, not right for him and his family, Jacobs told the Herald-Leaders Jared Peck on Friday night. Invalid password or account does not exist. I think we've moved it slightly forward, and maybe the next coach can come in and take it over the top. "I love everybody here and I can't say how much I appreciate everybody here, from (LaFayette principal) Mrs. (Maggie) Stultz to all the principles and administration," he continued. by Williamsburg. The appreciation Emily and I have for Lafayette is immeasurable, Atchley said in his letter. See the latest outages from Kentucky Utilities, Blue Grass Energy and more, My favorite reporter is back: Familiar face returns to Lexington TV news, Flash flooding, tornadoes possible Friday in Lexington. Varsity Football will travel to King's Fork for Region 4A Semi Finals @ 7pm. End: ALTON Eric Dickerson was the head football coach at Alton High from 2015-21. Sandy Creek High School Date Available: 2023-2024 School Year Closing Date: Until Filled Attachment(s): Head Football Coach; Fayette County (GA) Public Schools. He stayed with him. LHS Students Break Football Records; Senator Luetkemeyer visits LHS! G: 6-1: 195: Westfield, N.J. / Rutgers Prep: Economics . Lafayette High's principal Rachel Brown and athletic director Tim Lemaire both declined to comment on Pool not returning in 2020. Collaborative Teacher 9-12. Then I see someone on the ground and I could see it is coach Tilley and I get over there and he looks deceased," Dunkle recalled. 3000 West Congress Street Lafayette, LA 70506; Phone: (337) 521-7980; Attendance: (337) 521-7988; Fax: (337) 521-7981; Varsity Boys Football. "I get a chance to resurrect my high school, make it the winner that it should be," Figaro said. Start: AM. First Day of Practice and Tryout Information, Lafayette Activities History of Accomplishments, History of Individual state Championships, History of Individual State Championships, History of individual All State Accomplishments, History of Fine arts All-State Accomplishments, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated), Sean O'Connor,Jessica Kempf,Matt Dirnbeck,Mark Ehlen, Meghan Conroy,Mark McAllister,Meghan O'Connell,Kimberly Green, Matt Waeckerle,Wade Pinkston,Tim Yeargain,Joe Wier|wierjoseph@rsdmo.org, Boyd Manne,Steve Miller,Adam Hicks,Rick Voss,Matthew Swoboda,Brett Fischer,Arvie Kilongkilong,Matt Ference, Ryan Butchart,Craig Wideman,Conner Sendobry, Ally McReynolds-Gardener|mcreynoldsgardnerall@rsdmo.org,Scott Holtmann,Ryan O'Connell, Emily Pestka,Emmanuelle Tamaroff,David Hoffman, Zach Young|youngzachary@rsdmo.org,Sue Tillery,Alayna Martin, Don Kreienkamp|kreienkampdonald@rsdmo.org, Bryan Keim,Colten Hill,Arvie Kilongkilong, Mark McAllister,Ally McReynolds-Gardener|mcreynoldsgardnerall@rsdmo.org, Greg Hrdlicka,Brian Grote,Allison Lockett, Todd Gabel,Claire Maniscalco,Anna Casey,Joshua Klarich, Todd Gabel,Brennan Dooley,Leah Ralph,Claire Maniscalco, Joe Wier,Adam Hicks,Sam Ritchie,Matthew Waeckerle,Jesse Zeugin,Brian Sanguinet,Alex Perry|perryalexander@rsdmo.org,Eric Covert,Jason Mirikitani, Wade Pinkston,Joe Wier,Eric Covert,Denise Meyer,Josette Partney, Greg Hrdlicka,Zachary Ruckman|ruckmanzach@rsdmo.org,Seth Atkins, Cole Dupont|dupontnicholas@rsdmo.org,Scott Holtmann,Don Kreienkamp,Ryan O'Connell, Gaylen Laster,Matt Steffens|steffensmatthew@rsdmo.org, Carrie Guenzler-Heaney,Keith Brisotti,Meredith Linn, Matt Warren|warrenmatthew@rsdmo.org,Matt Dirnbeck,Mark Ehlen,Brian Grote,John Diffley,Wes Voyles|voyleswesley@rsdmo.org,Scott Haxton, Rick Voss,Jodie Lee,Joe Jackson,John Pope,Jill Harmon,Kristen Strange, Jamie Waeckerle|waeckerlejames@rsdmo.org,Stuart Morse,Brendan Moore. Parks, a 22-year coaching veteran . Get Connected. Atchley was to take over for Eric Shaw, who stepped down after last season. Lafayette High School. The AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing. Watch Later. "Fundamentally, every school corporation has to think of the players' safety and the coaches' safety. Welcome to . You have permission to edit this article. Our website has been redesigned to provide quick and easy access for our parents and community as well as those considering our school system as part of their future. WEST LAFAYETTE Lamar Conard's coaching journey has brought him back home. Lafayette High School . Please disable your ad blocker, whitelist our site, or purchase a subscription. LaFayette High School. We thank him for his leadership of Rambler Football over these past three years.". Computer Technician. "I teach a very basic athletic training class here at school and I do some other CPR classes along the way," said Clevenger, whose relationship with Tilley dates back to the 1990s when his wife Alicia was McCutcheon's athletic trainer and Tilley was coaching for the Mavericks. Fayetteville, GA. 30214 USA. Lafayette (Wildwood) High School 11-Man Football Coaches . On 11/18, the Lafayette varsity football team lost their neutral playoff game against Lake Taylor (Norfolk, VA) by a score of 27-20. Rob did some really good things. I've coached small places, big places. Home; Coaches and Team Roster; History; Phone: Email: Degrees and Certifications: User Options. Your school is full of amazing students, teachers and leaders and I know this decision will not change the relationships I forged with your school community years ago as a brand new teacher. On Thursday evening, the Canton City School District's board of education voted 5-0 to terminate the head football coach, Marcus Wattley, along with six assistant coaches, Cade Brodie, Joshua . That passion is what led Pat Shanley to hire Tilley away from Twin Lakes' staff this season. We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Weve had a relationship for several years now, probably 10 years, when he was at Ole Miss the first time, and just always kept in touch, Fair said. A statement has been put out by the LCA Administration - and confirmed to me by LCA President Jay Miller - that says Faulk will "explore opportunities that he feels he needs to pursue now" and that "his family is staying at LCA.". The Lafayette Parish School System is excited to announce that Mr. Cedric Figaro has been selected as the new head football coach of Lafayette High School Mighty Lions football team. Sam King covers sports for the Journal & Courier. Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Mike Jordan. Who has power? On the day Tilley nearly died, it was on the sideline while coaching, and it was the place he wanted to return to after regaining consciousness rather than exit Michigan City's Ames Field in the back of an ambulance. Mar 24, 2023, 5:30 PM We won't share it with anyone else. Full Bio. Under Pool,the Lions, who haven't made the playoffs since 2012,failed to earn a playoff berth and were 10-30 overall including a winless season in 2017. Students must have a completed VHSL physical form (dated after May 1, 2022) & registered for a spring sport (online - Activity Registration tap at top of page) Winter Sports Parent Athlete Information Night will be Monday, Nov. 28 at 6pm. A Lafayette County teacher died this week while self-quarantining with COVID-19 symptoms, prompting fears that an outbreak could occur the week the district's teachers and students return to classrooms for the first time since March. Less than a month after his announced hiring as the new high school football coach at Lafayette, Ethan Atchley said Friday that he was removing his name from consideration for the job. "I've been blessed. He then signed a scholarship with Notre Dame, where he played for Gerry Faust and Lou Holtz. Head Coach. Rushing: Glenn Patterson (47 car., 349 yards, 3 TD). March 5, 2021 at 1:05 p.m. Hopefully, Cedric can take it from there and grow it.". UL Lafayette Finalizes Major Property Purchase from Our Lady of Lourdes, Lafayette, Louisiana Airport Has Opened a New Gate, Downtown Alive Celebrates 40th Year in Lafayette, Louisiana With Look Back at Its History, Dan Bongino Asks Moon Griffon to Guest Host, Wants Moon to Run for President of The New United States in Hilarious Segment, Severe Weather Threat For All of Louisiana Today and Tonight, Passerby Saves Lives After Alerting Sleeping Resident of Roof Fire in Scott, Louisiana, Opelousas, Louisiana Man Indicted in Rape of Multiple Victims, Eunice, Louisiana Man Found Dead After Late Night Shooting, LCG Reveals First Look at New Lafayette, Louisiana Skate Park Coming in 2023.