[80][81] Lerman next starred in David Ayer's World War II-set film, Fury; in the film, Lerman's character is an American soldier fighting Nazi forces. // forced if the address starts with http (or also https), but does not link to the current domain The original Percy Jackson films varied from the books in a plethora of ways, but for many fans of the property who haven't read the books, the movies are their source material. The actor, who starred as the titular demigod in the original films, has been diehards' obvious pick to play Percy's father, Poseidon, in the forthcoming Disney+ show since it was first announced by author Rick Riordan in 2020. D, Megan Mullaly as Alecto/Ms. However, Disney +'s Percy Jackson and the Olympians show seems to be a step-up for the franchise for six big reasons. [63] He took the role because The Three Musketeers was one of the only books his paternal grandfather had taken with him when he "had to leave his home as a young kid", in the 1930s. RELATED: Logan Lerman Praises New 'Percy Jackson' Star Walker Scobell Beyond age, Lerman also notes that no one has reached out to him regarding a cameo as Poseidon. [55][56] Bloomberg's reviewer described Lerman as appealing,[57] with the Los Angeles Times' Betsy Sharkey stating that the character "captures the ease with which an angry teen will use a growing vocabulary to wound a parent". Related: Disney+'s Percy Jackson Reboot Needs To Fix The Original's God Mistake. Lerman has stated that while appearing in his earliest roles as a child, he did not have "any conscious awareness of what I was doing or what was going on"[26] and "didn't have a good experience". Logan Lerman was born on 19 January 1992 in Beverly, California. Riordan is the author of the Percy Jackson book series, and while he has written other novels, Percy Jackson is by far his most popular franchise. Education Lerman comes from a well-up family thus did not have any problem attending the best schools. When he was around ten years, he stopped acting but later developed an interest in filming when he was twelve. } )( window, document, 'script', 'dataLayer', 'GTM-W5PMGDG' ); document.links = document.getElementsByTagName('a'); According to the 30-year-old actor, he has been approached by people who believe he should return in a different role than the one he played in the movies: that of Percy Jackson's father and the god of the seas, Poseidon. [60][75] The second film in the series, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, was released in August 2013,[76][77] although no further films in the series have since been produced. He has earned his fortune from acting by having appeared in quite a large number of films. } Riordan is hugely protective of his IP, and his dislike of the Percy Jackson movies is proof of this. He has remained a close friend to Dean Collins, whom he acted with, in Jack & Bobby film. func(); ( function( w, d, s, l, i ) { He is best known for his roles in the TV series Jack & Bobby (2004-2005) and the feature films The Butterfly Effect (2004) and Hoot (2006), Lerman gained further recognition in large part . Disney+'s The Mandalorian introduced StageCraft technology, a new form of rear projection that is slowly replacing the use of green screen on movie sets. [72], Lerman played Lou in the independent drama film Stuck in Love; the film received a limited U.S. release in 2013. The first live-action take on the beloved children's book series by Rick Riordan was released in 2010 with "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" and was followed by a 2013 sequel . He is popular for appearing in the films of Percy Jackson. The upcoming Percy Jackson is a new adaptation of the book series of the same name by Rick Riordan, which follows a young man, Percy, who learns that he is the son of the Greek god of the sea, Poseidon. Logan Wade Lerman (born January 19, 1992) is an American teen actor. Some fans have shared disappointment that Lerman was telling the truth in interviews when he said he wouldn't appear as the iconic Greek god. Everyone who read the books hated the first and the second movies so badly that there probably would not be much support for a third one. Over a decade prior, Percy Jackson lived in live-action form at Fox, as the studio developed two film adaptations of the best-selling book series with Logan Lerman bringing the titular. Each book's pagecount ranges from the high 200s to 400 pages, and cramming all of that down into two hours was a huge mistake of the movies. That year, he also appeared in the critically acclaimed western remake 3:10 to Yuma, playing William Evans, a teenager who looks up to criminal Ben Wade while shunning his father; Lerman's character did not exist in the original version of the story. Old Enough for Self-Loathing? [25], Lerman had a passion for movies from a young age, though he started acting "just for fun" and "to do something to get out of school". [94], Lerman voiced Robert Conroy, a real-life soldier who worked with World War I hero war dog Sergeant Stubby, in Sgt. Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids, Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Logan Lerman in 2023, Angelica Hale Net Worth 2023, Age, Height, Weight, Biography, Wiki and Career Details, Malcolm Nance Net Worth 2023, Age, Height, Weight, Biography, Wiki and Career Details, Chrissy Metz Net Worth 2023, Age, Height, Weight, Biography, Wiki and Career Details. 3+ day shipping. [26] The movie received positive reviews, as did Lerman's performance. Logan Lerman has a height of1.71m, i.e., 5 foot seven and a half inches. But theres not a secret thats waiting to be announced or something like that. He appeared in a public service announcement video of Change the Odds, which was a charity for Stand Up to Cancer. Riordan is also an executive producer on the series as well as having created a series bible that the show's writers will work off of. newsletter, Lin-Manuel Miranda as the messenger god Hermes, Lerman spoke to Esquire recently about his involvement, Andrew Garfield repeatedly denied being in, Puss in Boots: The Last Wishs directors let Shrek inspire the series reinvention, Valorants new Agent Gekko can remotely plant or defuse the Spike, A cross-counter punch ties Creed III to one of animes greatest tropes, Anime Awards 2023 name Cyberpunk: Edgerunners as Anime of the Year, Triangle of Sadness, A Man Called Otto, and every new movie you can watch at home this weekend, Attack on Titan Final Season Part 3s first episode is now on Crunchyroll. [34] digitallyOBSESSED's reviewer described Lerman as "definitely a child actor to watch". "I have this Forrest Gump-ian way of touching something and it becomes a hit!" "I also just don't even know if it's interesting to me, in terms of: I don't even know what that would be. I'm excited for those fans to get that version of the story told and see what they do with this. Logan Wade Lerman is an American actor widely recognized for playing the title character in the fantasy-adventure Percy Jackson movies. [103] Also that year, he had a supporting role in the action-thriller Bullet Train. Logan Lerman has, without a doubt, gained a lot of popularity and love from audiences. function external_links_in_new_windows_load(func) [41] The Boston Herald's reviewer mentioned that Lerman's performance had a "blend of vulnerability and strength",[42] while Entertainment Weekly's reviewer had noted that "Lerman lends Bobby a bedraggled optimism". The Lightning Thief, Percy is only 12, with Annabeth and Grover being around the same age. } else { In July 2009, he started dating Alexandra Daddario, who was a co0star at Percy Jackson films. While there was a film series, the Percy Jackson movies were a mistake, with them being heavily criticized by long-time book fans and newcomers alike. Walker Scobell snagged the lead role, Leah Sava Jeffries will play Annabeth Chase, and Aryan Simhadri rounds out the leading trio in the role of Grover Underwood. Logan was brought into the world onJanuary 19, 1992, making him 30-years-old. Lerman received positive reviews for his work,[47] and was again nominated for the Young Artist Award Best Performance in a Feature Film Leading Young Actor (2008). That paints a pretty clear picture of Disney's vision for the upcoming streaming series. Percy Jackson fans who wanted Lerman to return as Poseidon have gone to Twitter to react to the news of Stephens' casting. And anyway, other gods in the books who are the parents of teenagers look like theyre in their 20s, so its not a big deal. Date Of Birth/Birthday: Lerman played Percy Jackson in the 2010 and 2013 movies based on the Percy Jackson & the Olympians book series and even though those movies were objectively an insult to the canon, fans. With nothing else on the docket in Lerman's near future, a Percy Jackson cameo is certainly not out of the realm of possibility yet., More: Percy Jackson: Everything That Went Wrong With The Movies, Logan Lerman Points Out The Problem Of Casting Him In Percy Jackson Show, Disney's Percy Jackson Has To Fix A Major Movie Mistake, Apollo could be Lerman's best chance of returning, Percy Jackson: Everything That Went Wrong With The Movies, Happy Days' Original Title Would've Killed The Classic Show, It's True, Matt Smith's Post-Doctor Who Success Breaks A 60-Year Trend, 6 Possibilities For Who Entered The Room In Criminal Minds' Finale. I wouldn't cast me in that role if I was part of the creative team. The actor is in a romantic relationship with Gorgeous Analuisa Corrigan. If not much, here is what we know about Logan Lerman to date. "Fury", and "Percy Jackson". Since then, Disney has acquired the rights to Percy Jackson and is nearly finished completing season 1 of the new show based on Riordan's books. At long last, though, Stephens and Lance Reddick have been confirmed as Percy Jackson's biggest gods. j = d.createElement( s ), dl = l != 'dataLayer' ? He also doesn't. The actor, who starred as Percy in the original films, also said "no one's hit me up" about the show. Starting his career with movies like 'Jack & Bobby' and 'Hoot', Logan has advanced to acquiring major roles in films like 'Fury' and 'Noah'. [66][67], Lerman starred in a film adaptation of Stephen Chbosky's novel The Perks of Being a Wallflower, playing the lead role, Charlie; filming took place in 2011, and the movie was released in September 2012. Brb, drowning myself in my own tears. In the first book, The Lightning Thief, Percy is only 12, with Annabeth and Grover being around the same age. padding-left: 16px; The actor has accumulated a total net worth of about $8 million. Logan Lerman is pouring cold water on some popular Percy Jackson and the Olympians fancasting. The same year, he appeared in What Women Want, a hit comedy also starring Gibson. 31 is fine! Since 2020 he has also starred as Jonah Heidelbaum in the Amazon series Hunters, which will be debuting season 2, its final run, in January 2023. Percy then gets whisked away to a camp for other demigods and mythological creatures. I do get asked a lot about it, and I hate to disappoint and be like, no, I dont know anything, and Im not involved, but thats the truth. var change_link = false; His popularity made him appear in Change the Odds charity for Stand Up for Cancer in 2010. Many fans were hoping that Lerman would make a cameo in the series. The film opened on May 5, 2006 and netted him a third Young Artist Award win. He also applied to New York University to study Creative writing, but he had to postpone it due to a lack of attendance. Stubby: An American Hero, an animated film which was released on April 13, 2018.[95]. A move like this projects confidence, as the show doesn't have to rely on big star power to succeed. window.dm = window.dm ||{ AjaxData:[]}; Unfortunately, Variety. Since his departure from the franchise, he has appeared in several critically-acclaimed films, including . The show premiered in February 2020. [82] Filming began in September 2013, and the movie received an October 2014 release. His passion for the film and TV medium has since expanded into a wide variety of productions and genres, from the big summer blockbusters to animation, documentaries, character dramas, indie films, and much more. Published Jan 26, 2023. Will I ever recover? Meet Bill was filmed in 2006, premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2007, and received a theatrical release on April 4, 2008. .custom-menu-item a { From Austin Butler and Cate Blanchett to a potential Best Supporting Actress toss-up, see who EW thinks will win at the 2023 Oscars. Over the years, he has been into acting, and he has appeared in drama films and television series as well. [55], Lerman has described himself as "reserved and quiet", "a homebody",[26] and "not a big fan of sports". Logan Lerman [born on January 19, 1992] is an American actor famous for his role in movies like "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", " . While 31 year-old Lerman could conceivably be the father of a 12 year-old, especially if hes playing an immortally hot god, it does make more sense for an older, more mature actor to take on the role. Percy Jackson will be played by Walker Scobell, Annabeth Chase will be played by Leah Sava Jeffries, and the satyr Grover Underwood will be played by Aryan Simhadri. Literally, just look at this image and tell me that is not our Poseidon: The good news is Lerman didnt say he would say no to playing Poseidon just that he doesnt think hes the right fit. The shorts are then uploaded to YouTube under the joint account name of "monkeynuts1069". [92] He was also an executive producer for the film, which began production in New York City in April 2016,[93] and premiered on January 25, at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival. Instead of bringing back former Percy Jackson actors, the new series is dedicated to pushing forward and making something brand new. But there's not a secret that's waiting to be announced or something like that. Am I personally victimised by this information? Being involved in the industry for a long time, actor logan Lerman has wonmany hearts and good fortune. var force = ''; His family is involved in orthotics and prosthetics.