Will definitely keep this in my recipe book. Step 3: Prepare the breading. One bite of the savory, crispy, slightly spicy meets the fluffy, maple syrupy, golden-buttery-goodness, andyou just get it. Just made today.. And if you're like us, you might be searching for some originalities. The only thing I did a little different on the chicken was I dipped it twice in the breading and buttermilk marinade. Buttermilk Waffles with Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders. 154 reviews #246 of 1,835 Restaurants in Phoenix $$ - $$$ American. Carefully take the chicken out of the oil and place them on a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack and let cool slightly before serving. 1220 S Central Ave Near The Intersection Of South Central Avenue and West Yavapai Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004-2736 +1 602-340-1304 Website Menu. Hot seasoned fries topped with tender fried white meat chicken, gravy & onions, green & red bell peppers covered with cheese. This was amazing!!! Roscoes Chicken and Waffles Recipe (Copycat). Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel, then cut into " thick strips. My girlfriend is new to chicken (was pescatarian for 13 years) and wanted to try chicken and waffles. My family devoured it in a flash and I was lucky to get enough of a bite to leave a review! We were all blown away and Ive made many different waffle recipes and all my kids and myself have to say this is the best and The chicken was out of the world amazing! The perfect complement? So bring your crew down to Lo-Los Scottsdale for all-day breakfast, lunch, dinner and the downhome love you know you wont find anywhere else! We had chicken and waffles at our wedding reception because its one of our favorite meals. Food Blogger Pro. Great Recipe! Welcome to Lo-Los Scottsdale, only the second location we ever opened! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Delicious! This post may contain affiliate links. Heat oil over medium-high until thermometer registers 325. In a medium sized mixing bowl beat the eggs. Im thinking about making this for a baby shower brunch, could i make the chicken a day or two ahead of time and reheat in the oven? Our obsession with creating the juiciest, most flavorful fried chicken and the fluffiest, most melt-in- your-mouth waffles has, in turn, created something of an underground soul food revolution one thats slowly spreading downright deliciousness across the country. That's why we've assembled this listing of our favorite chicken recipes from around the internet. Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes. The combination is sweet, savory, and perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner! This is one of the yummiest recipes I have tried. This space is where I share my latest culinary adventures and love of photography. . Several of them are so easy, that you can make them with a rotisserie chicken that someone else has actually cooked! Adding cornstarch and baking powder to the flour helps lighten it up. The lawsuit is connected to allegations of racial profiling from former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. It's a tried and true recipe loved by many and incredibly beginner-friendly. Your choice of chicken or catfish fillet served on a brioche bun with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato & your choice of mayo, ranch or thousand island dressing. Loved it so much and thanks for sharing ! Lower the chicken pieces in the oil skin side down. (Found it on the takeover list via food52. My husband is f.u.s.s.y. Thank you very much for the recipe! Stir in the soup, syrup and hot sauce and cook until hot. Pat each piece of fried chicken with a paper towel to soak up any extra grease. Guest love us and keep coming back because we serve amazing down home food and because we have an equally amazing team of welcoming employees devoted to great service and quality dishes. For more information about the cookies we use, please see our Privacy Policy. My recipe includes juicy Southern fried chicken and fluffy waffles with an amazing sweet and spicy sauce made with maple syrup or honey. Let me just say, we were both blown away! Take a look locations. Now you'll find many restaurants famous for serving it, the most famous being Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles, Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles, Dame's Chicken and Waffles, Hattie B's, Lolo's Chicken and Waffles, and Kiki's Chicken and Waffles. Combined with the waffle and hot honeyoh my god! We have won numerous awards for our juicy, southern fried chicken and delicious melt-in-your-mouth golden brown waffles. Upon entering you are greeted by the amazing group of hosts, they ask if you've been to Lo-Lo's before and are super . This post may contain affiliate links. The Eats. But I would suggest you follow my Authentic Buttermilk Brined Southern Fried Chicken recipe instead, it has the timing and heat temperatures youll need for bone in skin on chicken parts. Open now : 09:00 AM - 9:00 PM. Use a tong to flip the chicken cautiously and cook it for about 3 minutes until the other side is golden brown. DIRECTIONS Wash and dry chicken, then coat the chicken with seasoning. Let's jump right in. Listen, this homemade Chicken and Waffles recipe has never looked better. But friends, once you make homemade waffles, no store-bought waffles compare. Give the marinade a good whisk, then toss the chicken to get a nice coat. I used maple syrup instead of honey and used cayenne pepper instead of chili powder, just because I love the flavor of cayenne over chili powder. This was the first time that I have ever madeor even hadChicken and Waffles, and I consider it a huge stroke of luck that I found your recipes. Please see my Full Disclosure Policy for more details. Musicians leaving work late at night or extremely early in the morning would fill Wells Supper Club and this sweet and savory, breakfast-and-dinner combo kept every belly satisfied. Lo-Lo's Fried Chicken and Waffles is the best fried chicken and waffles in Phoenix and some of the best that I have ever had. It is also used for analytics and metrics about our visitors on this website in a way that does not directly identify individuals. People love Lo-Los and we love it when they tell us all about i! Whisk well until the mixture is incorporated and homogenized. xo, Eden. This recipe honors African American culinary history. Came out super crispy, moist and flavorful. Topped the waffle with a light spread of peanut butter then pure maple syrup. We are also well loved for our other scrumptious soul food favorites such as mac & cheese, collard . 10 Proven Benefits Of Drinking Black Currant Tea. Lo Lo 2 - Location Search. You can expect Lo-Los famous chicken & waffles along with all of your favorite, scratch-made soul food favorites in a laid-back, no-frills environment just the way you like it. Soooo good! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!I sm currently marinating my chicken.My family is very excited for dinner tonight here in New York!Stay Safe!! Lo-Lo's recently opened its newest location close to the famous Las Vegas Strip, and already lines are waiting out of the door It took over 10 years, but White has tirelessly perfected his now-famous fried chicken and homemade waffle recipes. Heat about 3 inches of oil in a deep-fryer or . Fresh baby spinach, sauteed mushrooms, diced onions are folded into a fluffy omelet and granished with fresh diced tomatoes and scallions. (1941) There has to be more to the connection between the two foods. I never leave comments on recipes but had to for this one. The Eats view all. Thank you so much! Use a heavy skillet or dutch oven with sides that are at least 3 deep to fry the chicken pieces. Your email address will not be published. Chicken Fried Chicken a fillet of boneless chicken breast double dipped, fried & smothered in our creamy white sausage gravy (loaded with flavor) I made these and it was great! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Keywords: chicken and waffles, fried chicken, southern food, homemade waffles, how to make chicken and waffles, Tag @butterbeready on Instagram and hashtag it #butterbeready. Well, we've got you covered. Lo Lo s Chicken & Waffles closes lone Nebraska location, Lo Lo s Chicken & Waffles closes lone Nebraska location. 11/8/2021 Previous review. One story of the history of chicken & waffles begins in Harlem in the 1930s. Such a treat from such a pro. We dont always use the butter but the coating is so good its not at all a down-grade. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Awesome recipe, I made the waffles too, clear instruction and absolutely delish, my family loved it! If youve been following this blog and me on social for a while now; you already know just how much my Blackness means to me. . paprika cup kosher salt1 cup buttermilk1 gallon water2 chickens, cut up (your butcher can do this for you)Canola oil (fill the skillet to about 40 percent). Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. 2. s for Lo Lo s Chicken and Waffles Yelp. They're very easy to make and make sure to please every person at the table. I know you love them Eggos, I do as well, ha. Can easily say its the best Ive had so far. )- please be advised that doing so is at your own discretion/experimentation. We're willing to wager it involves cooking an entire bird in the stove. Thanks a bunch for trying this recipe out, I love to hear that it was a winner! And this guide has it all, fr. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. This is where the old Tony Roma's used to be, in case you missed the bright yellow Lo-Lo's sign! 1. As far as we here at Lo-Los are concerned, it doesnt matter because one just aint the same without the other. Thank you! Keep everything stocked, including: liquor . Aint nothing like chicken and waffles! Chicken gizzards & rice, smothered with gravy & onions. Blackened catfish served with dirty rice, zucchini & squash vegetable medley and topped with shrimp sauted in a garlic butter sauce. DVZ's Hot Ghetto Mess. Chicken & Waffles In Harlem. Is there anything I should change about the recipe if I want to cook the chicken in my air fryer? Omg this is the best meal Ive made in a long time and I cook a lot ! Six wings splashed with southside of Chicago style sauce served over white sliced bread. When youre ready to prepare the chicken, remove from brine and pat dry with a paper towel. In short, there are numerous chicken recipes to pick from that its tough to determine which one to make. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. One of the best Southernmost, classic pairings in the world, hands down, is fried chicken and waffles. After that, transfer the chicken and the marinade to a Ziploc bag. In a shallow pie plate, combine flour with the remaining 1 teaspoon each salt and garlic powder, followed by 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder, white pepper, and smoked paprika. Place the breaded chicken onto a wire rack; do not stack. The seasoning on the chicken is perfection and paired with the waffles (which are the perfect light, crispy texture) this dish is a dream. Made this for my wife on her birthday today! Can you make the chicken with the bone in and skin on? Oh sure! comes with your choice of two sides. The reason our delicious waffles have their own, distinct almost creamy flavor and lighter-than-air texture is because Lo-Lo created his very own, secret recipe. I soaked them overnight and they were very moist! Delish. Whenever I can't find or don't have buttermilk, souring the milk I have with lemon juice (about a lemon per cup of milk) and letting it sit for 3-5 minutes always does the trick. 1. Meet the man, the legend, Larry Lo-Lo White, founder of Lo-Los Chicken & Waffles. There's also the ingredients. Yeah, science! The butter must be room temperature so that it whips up smoothly. Its a lovely day for Black people to be in remembrance by way of celebrating, being in fellowship, and giving thanks to our ancestors. Turn to coat. I know, if you've never had it (like my husband before he met me) you're probably thinking "Do chicken and waffles go together?" Each of the delicious recipes you enjoy at Lo-Los came from Larry himself. Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks. My S/O has been begging me to make homemade chicken and waffles for almost a year. Most importantly, Juneteenth is such a special holiday to me. You'll find tons of seasonal recipes, multicultural comfort foods, a little history, and a whole lot of deliciousness all inspired by the people I love. Although Lo-Los is known for its chicken & waffles, theres a whole menus worth of scratch-made soul food. With more than 15 recipes to pick from, you will never tire of chicken once again. You can expect Lo-Los famous chicken & waffles along with all of your favorite, scratch-made soul food favorites in a laidback, no-frills environment just the way you like it. Well, look no more! Location. He has developed his own waffle mix, seasoned salt, maple syrup, hot sauce and more. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat with honey, chili powder, and kosher salt. The flour is well seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, and other spices. Rest for 5 minutes, then serve hot alongside homemade waffles, Koolaid and Lo-Los hot sauce for your own soul food feast. For more than 50 years, PHOENIX magazine's experienced writers, editors, and designers have captured all sides of the Valley with award-winning and insightful writing, and groundbreaking report and design. An Arizona native, Larry has been in the soul food biz since he could walk and talk. LoLo's Chicken & Waffles and a sports grill in Phoenix are among several restaurants cited by Maricopa County health inspectors. Enjoy! And all I have to say to that is: yes, they do. Made this last night with gf flour and Im still salivating the next night. 3. Outside dining Exterior Interior Carefully drop each piece of chicken into canola oil heated to 350 F in a cast iron skillet. Meanwhile, toast mini waffles in a toaster until browned, then separate into individual waffles. The waffles - yum! Step 2: 30 mins prior to cooking, move chicken from the fridge to the counter to warm up to room temp. Guest love us and keep coming back because we serve amazing down home food and because we have an equally amazing team of welcoming employees devoted to great service and . Rediscovered it in my recipes today and made again- still loved by every member of our family! Then place the tenders in a large resealable plastic bag or a large container that can be fitted with a lid. Your waffles really depend on you. If you aint got no grandma thats been carrying a skillet since 1964, you aint got no grandma making some serious fried chicken., Larrys In-A-Fix Fried ChickenMakes the equivalent of 2 whole chickens4 cups all-purpose flour2 tsp. These babies are literally just waiting to be topped with cronchyyy fried chicken and generously soaked in all the maple syrup! Keep warm. Have fun at the baby shower! Step 3. For a spicy southern twist substitute peach preserves instead of the honey. It starts with the freshest chicken, battered with a secret blend of spices (seriously, no one knows Lo-Lo's seasoned salt recipe except his father) and fried to golden perfection. Add the honey, cinnamon, and vanilla, and beat until well combined. But youre not the first to ask this, so its definitely in the works! If you have any kind of enhancements, do not fail to remember to leave them in the comments area listed below! Make the marinade. I will certainly make this recipe again and will share with friends if they need one. Stupid Fries at Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles "Oh my goodness! In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla and 2 egg. Lo Lo s Chicken & Waffles Southlake Black Restaurant Week, Lo Lo s Chicken & Waffles Southlake Black Restaurant Week. I made this today and OMG!! Once the chicken is in the pan, the oil temperature will shot down to 300 degrees F. The key is to maintain that temperature between 300 to 325 degrees F for the frying duration without burning the crust. All in all, its no surprise that this scrumptious combo is so popular! We're talking bbq chicken, baked chicken-- you name it! Carefully add 3 or 4 pieces of chicken to pot and cook, adjusting heat to keep oil between 310-325, until golden brown and crisp . Add the butter and stir until melted. It has numerous tasty chicken recipes. Directions. If you want good Southern food, this is your stop. All in all I walked out feeling pretty decent. Calorie Goal 1767 Cal 233/2000Cal left Fitness Goals: Heart Healthy Fat 56 g 11/67g left Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; serve on waffles. Made this today and it was so delicious! It made great battered fries! A lot of people think chicken and waffles are a Southern dish because it uses fried chicken. Flour itself doesn't give us that wonderful, crispy crust. Lo Lo s Chicken and Waffles Chase Field. Place in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours or overnight. While the oil is heating up, in a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and seasonings. Review. I reheated the chicken in the airfryer and it came out perfect. And so easy. Come to Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles and eat some of the best soul food in Las Vegas. Directions In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Guest love us and keep coming back because we serve amazing down home food and because we have an equally amazing team of welcoming employees devoted to great service and quality dishes. 2 pieces of Lo-Lo's Red Fish (Cod) w/ 2 side orders & cornbread. Ready? Thankfully for IG, I am up to date on everything. You and also I both understand you're hectic. We all want that shatteringly crisp crust with beautiful craggy nooks and crannies on our fried chicken. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It was delicious. The Every Girl. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and adjust the rack to the middle position. Plus, it's inexpensive! Upon entering you are greeted by the amazing group of hosts, they ask if you've been to Lo-Lo's before and are super . So delicious! Thai Red Curry vs Green Curry: What Are Their Differences? So bring your crew down to Lo-Lo's Scottsdale for all-day breakfast, lunch, dinner and the downhome love you know you won't find anywhere else! Small restaurants in Chicago and California in the 1910s would serve fried chicken and waffles claiming they were authentic Southern dinners though there is no evidence that the South ate chicken and waffles together for dinner. Can't wait to try some of your other recipes. 6. s for Lo Lo s Chicken and Waffles Yelp. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and adjust the rack to the middle position. The three public university presidents outlined what they're doing to address the mental health crisis students are facing in Arizona. Tripled the chicken recipe on vacation with extended family -- maybe the best fried chicken I've had anywhere, and I've never made fried chicken in my life. It's easy to prepare with a rotisserie chicken, however our recipes are also simpler. Chef and Steward | Watermelon and Feta Salad, Chef Curl Ardee | Honey and Butter Cornbread, Collards Are The Old Kale | Guaymas Shrimp, Dash of Jazz | Golden Pineapple Pound Cake, Food Fidelity | Nigerian Beef Suya Skewers, Food Is Love Made Edible | Smothered Okra with Chicken & Sausage, FoodLoveTog | Braised Cabbage & Johnny cakes, Forks and Straws | Cassava Corn Waffles with Shrimp Creole. 45 Reviews. This is local Lo-Los love, 325 Hughes Center Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89169, Landmarks: Im also going to start using your waffle recipe as my go-to for anytime waffles! Your email address will not be published. My whole family loved it. Continue the same process for each chicken until thoroughly coated. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. An Arizona native, Larry has been in the soul food biz since he could walk and talk. Menu. Transfer the fried chicken to a rack and put on a baking tray. And for over 150 years since, Black American families, home-cooks, chefs, and culinarians have commemorated the summer holiday with a wide range of food traditions that tell a story of the perseverance of a people- and to amplify the food traditions of black culinary creatives. Taste of Home. Below, you will certainly locate a few of the tastiest and simplest chicken recipes online. If I can inspire you along the way, even better. Your email address will not be published. If you like chicken recipes then this is the site for you. In Chicken Recipe Ideas youll obtain the most effective recipes for food preparation Slow Cooker Chicken, Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 20 Ways to Cook a Boneless Skinless Breast of Chicken, Instant Pot Crispy Crumb Coated Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts as well as far more. Keep work station clean. Do not over mix. You see, the combination is only as good as its individual parts. Breakfast, brunch, or just because- youre in for a treat! In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, salt, plus 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture. Make sure the oil is back up to 350F in between each batch of frying chicken. Heat the oil to 350 to 375 then carefully place the coated chicken pieces in the hot oil. We just had our Thanksgiving Brunch with Family and the request was to have chicken and waffles! General Gordon Granger rode into Galveston, Texas and announced enslaved people were now free. Between that and my explosively popular Crispy Chicken Sandwich recipe, I would have to call myself an expert. More than $200 million in taxpayer money has been spent on a class action lawsuit involving the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office, and theres no end in sight. Unclaimed. In addition to our famous chicken & waffles, we offer a full menu of scratch-made soul food favorites, truly offering something for everyone. Required fields are marked *. Allow the oil to reach 350 degrees F (180 degrees C/ 160 degrees C if using a fan-forced oven). The dish starts with a fluffy waffle base, topped with freshly fried chicken and then drizzled with syrup. It was the 1st time I ever made fried chicken and using your recipe was a breeze! . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Dip the chicken in the buttermilk bath and pull the chicken out, allowing excess buttermilk to drip off. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes. Nothing could be more satisfying than this copycat Roscoe's chicken and waffles for a sweet-savory combo that's perfectly fried and baked. Thanks a bunch! All nutrition facts are estimations. . cup kosher salt 1 cup buttermilk 1 gallon water 2 chickens, cut up (your butcher can do this for you) Canola oil (fill the skillet to about 40 percent) Preparation Begin by cleaning and washing the raw chicken, then brine (1 gallon of cold water, cup of kosher salt) in a salt bath in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. 2 pieces of Lo-Lo's Golden Fried Catfish, 12-15oz fillets I'm well known for my authentic buttermilk-brined southern fried chicken. Furthermore, June 19, 1865, marks the day when news of emancipation and the Civil Wars end finally reached the last group of enslaved people in America. Chicken and waffles were on the menu at this Harlem restaurant back during the jazz era of music. yo' crew in the know ! Chicken is one of the most popular meat selection in America, that makes total feeling-- it's healthy, functional, and also simple to prepare. Add the melted butter, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to the egg and milk. This is beyond delicious! Melt the butter in a small saucepan and remove from heat to cool slightly. ), Hi Rebecca! The first time I tried it, I reasoned that I had to have more than a cup of coffee to go with this over-the-top dish. Similarly, Wells famous restaurant, Wells Supper Club, often was the busiest in the wee hours of the morning; hence the evening/morning combination that Wells became known for serving. I'm so happy you love this recipe! Specifically, a restaurant named the Wells Supper Club is listed as the origin of the recipe. Historians place the origins of the dish from Black people who migrated from the South to the northern states after the Civil War. This recipe is a 10! People like us. Steelhead Trout vs Salmon: Whats the Difference? Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles is a restaurant with wide appeal featuring finger licking Southern home cooking made fresh, using family recipes. Some of these places are historic so I totally suggest stopping by when you're visiting their towns. Drop it into the flour mixture and give it a nice coat by tossing both sides. Our expository features, narratives, profiles, and investigative features keep our 385,000 readers in touch with the Valley's latest trends, events, personalities and places. Mix it up one piece of fish & one piece of chicken. Brining works. Are you looking to cook something up that's healthy and tasty? Were located just South of Old Town Scottsdale on Scottsdale Rd. Corporate: 740 North 52nd Street | Phoenix, AZ 85008 | 480-444-8285. The next time youre here, ask for him by name Larry loves nothing more than interacting with his guests. Place the coated chicken into a fine-mesh strainer and shake to get rid of the excess flour. This is easily the best fried chicken I have ever made. 114, Grapevine. Arizona university presidents working to improve. LO-LO A RITA Patron, Sweet and Sour Splash of Orange Juice HENNY DROP Hennessy, ginger syrup, lemonade and honey LO-LO'S PUNCH LO-LO'S PUNCH The signature drank - red berry vodka, red Kool-Aid & pineapple juice. Add waffle batter in the waffle iron and cook until waffle is golden brown and crispy. In another shallow dish, mix together eggs, buttermilk and water. Your choice of protein grilled to heart healthy perfection. Country Living. While Lo-Los cant take credit for inventing this famous flavor duo, we do dare say that we perfected it. Wow!these were flippin amazing. This laid-back restaurant was founded by Larry White, who is also the one who created the recipes for each dish that's served at the restaurant. So glad I found your recipe! If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. We have thousands of recipes that will make you want to head out as well as buy a rotisserie chicken from the store. While the oil is heating, allow the chicken to rest on the baking sheet. Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles. Six wings splashed with southside of Chicago style sauce served over white sliced bread. Plus, it's inexpensive! garlic salt1 tbsp. Required fields are marked *. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix honey and pepper sauce. This is local Lo-Los love, 3133 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85257, Hours: Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm White has since expanded Lo-Lo's outside of the state and is looking . Desserts & Dranks view all . From what Ive found, air fryers do not do deeply breaded chicken, it burns the breading before the chicken can cook. I made this for my three boys and shared a portion with my neighbors, everyone loved It, but I did use a standard flour recipe for the waffles, only because I didnt want to introduce too many new things at once. I used the extra brine and breading on potatoes that I had cut like thick frenxh fries. CUISINES American Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch FEATURES Takeout, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Television, Highchairs Available, Wheelchair Accessible, Serves Alcohol, Full Bar, Table Service View all details features Location and contact 366 N Gilbert Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85234-5991 Website +1 480-207-6173 Improve this listing Reviews (139) Thanks for sharing your recipe. Las Vegas, NV 89108. Six wings splashed with Chynas honey & hot sauce combo, served with 4 oz. Eden Westbrook is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind Sweet Tea and Thyme. Directions. Like other BBR recipes, I always recommend sticking to the recipe as it is written in the recipe card, below. Thank you! Check out this recipe 3.