But is it really better than having access to white and Black? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Tasigur Control | Maelstrom Beats | UBx Doomsday Storm. Unfortunately and only due to the fact that it has access to blacks true tutors. the Maelstrom deck generates immense value but cant close out the game and now we have a situation where they can drop bomb-after-bomb. Notable card combinations: Misthollow Griffin + Food Chain > Infinite mana and cascades Youre here because you, like me, recognize the true power of the Maelstrom. Save. Brainstorm - if you have cards in your hand that you don't have the mana to cast, you can simply put them on top and cascade into them. I certainly CAN recover from losing a tutored-for card, but its a huge liability and often not worth it. Casual Is it a good balance between strong and fair? Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker - This card is the most broken card in the deck, in my opinion. My win rate skyrocketed. Evolve one of your three drop land tutors into a Conscripts or a Kiki, evolve Wanderer himself into anything, etc. You may opt-out at any time. Competitive Maelstrom Wanderer EDH. So what's the communities experience on this commander? Rhystic Study - Again, I love drawing, and when I can draw from my opponents either being lazy or casting spells that are too big for them to pay the tax, that's just an added bonus. Since aggro is out of the question for a deck like MW in cEDH, you have to go combo. Combo Wanderer has become one of my best decks, and because people are always expecting a certain sort of playstyle from certain generals, I can win games that often times I had no business winning, even among the competitive generals. Finds Duplicant, Witness, mana elves, Archmage, Kiki-Jiki, Rec Sage, Oozeplus any of a dozen others you could test out. EDHREC Home Cards Maelstrom Wanderer Maelstrom Wanderer (Card) $15.99 $14.87 5.82 TIX 0 decks Scryfall Average Type Distribution Land ( 34) Planeswalker ( 1) Enchantment ( 6) Artifact ( 8) Sorcery ( 11) Instant ( 8) Creature ( 31) Related Content Ranking every battlecruiser card in EDH using EDHREC! You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. RUG generally speaking does not have the best tutors in the game, but what we do have, we can use in very creative ways to get what we need. I grabbed up my copy of Surrak Dragonclaw and built the most Timmy deck one could think of. I have no issues with budget, and i'm looking for a list to take to the edh events at GP Atlanta. The goal is to cast your commander ASAP. Jace, the Mind Sculptor - Brainstorm. The Enchantments: The enchantments each play a different role. https://www.moxfield.com/decks/d4KPWun9o0yfflaCVNW7ng. My current list and the one Ill be running for Marchesa is here: https://scryfall.com/@Shadowrulz/decks/88fc58e0-4cb2-428f-8181-15e2705f5a67. Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind - I draw a lot of cards, and if I can convert that draw power into damage, that's a lot of damage. Privacy statement | Maelstrom Wanderer EDH: GrowingPaynes - -74 tix: $ 394: 2023-02-05: Maelstrom Wanderer: Zylozs - -115 tix: $ 3,462: 2023-02-04: Cascade 2. . Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. Counterspells in Maelstrom Wanderer are often extremely effective, because who the hell runs counterspells in a Wanderer deck?? I hope this has given you at least the beginnings of an idea on a different take on Maelstrom Wanderer; its actually a lot of fun to play, uses what I would consider the easier win conditions in competitive EDH, and can definitely give any deck not on its toes a good run for its money. Mid Game: Tutors and removal. Maelstrom Wanderer As Commander As Card Average Deck Maelstrom Wanderer (Decklist) $15.99 $14.73 5.82 TIX 3445 decks (0.158%) Rank #168 Navigation By Theme By Budget All Cheap Expensive Links Moxfield MTGGoldfish MTGStocks Scryfall Average Type Distribution This also means you can re-use certain cards if necessary - if theyre destroyed, countered, etc. And I certainly wasnt going to win any games against the truly competitive decks. Maelstrom Wanderer - Ramp (EDH) Commander / EDH Casual Infinite Combo Multiplayer RUG (Temur) mirari85 Upvote 0 Copy Sorcery (25) 1x Bala Ged Recovery Flip 1x Blasphemous Act 1x Bribery 1x Chain Reaction 1x Cultivate 1x Devastation Tide 1x Eldritch Evolution 1x Far Wanderings 1x Farseek 1x Flood of Tears 1x Foresight 1x Gamble 1x Jokulhaups Enablers: The single cards or strategies that can just auto-win the game. There's transmuting Drift of Phantasms and fetching it with Bring to Light. This list has suffered in being sort of my back burner list, but its also been the deck Ive had put together the longest; probably more than a year at this point. This is a subreddit dedicated to playing the Commander format of Magic: The Gathering at the highest power level possible. [[Deflecting Swat]] may seem odd in that scenario, and yes it will fizzle. I know that the deck doesnt look as competitive, but after playing in competitive pods, I can say, that it feels confidently. 09-Oct -2022. $639. Cards . Currently, my metagame involves a healthy mix of midrange, stax and control strategies. In our build its actually not beneficial at all to drop Wanderer as early as possible. That can be a pretty powerful jedi mind trick to opponents who dont know what were trying to do. Kalamax upgrade for Christmas : EDH. Forums Streets of New Capenna Other Spoilers Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Spoilers Innistrad: Crimson Vow Innistrad: Crimson Vow Commander Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Commander The additional haste it grants can let a player swing with not only Maelstrom Wanderer the turn its cast but also any . Not only can you ramp into more land drops via Wood Elves and similar, but Food Chain actually enables you to cast Wanderer several times - upwards of 6 or 7 times - in a single turn, with just one or two creatures on the board. The reality is that paying 8 mana to play the slots isn't a reliable wincon. Am Hof 12-18, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany +49 221 2613215 Website Menu. Updates Add. Started in Amsterdam, through Cologne, Blopenz, Rudenheim, Strasbourg and ended in Basel of Switzerland. Commander / EDH Card Odds Draw hand. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC hilti spray lubricant; steamboat restaurant in pearland; tracks bar and grill menu near london; columbia university forensic psychology Future updates to my list may include ways to gift creatures to opponents with cards such as Forbidden Orchard, to maximize my ability to just go Oops, I win.Birthing Pod: An easy way to find any of the 4+ creatures you can combo off with, this will also directly just win you the game with Glen Elendra Archmage: Sacrifice the four-drop Archmage to find Zealous Conscripts; Archmage will persist back into play. This annoying message will go away once you do. The goal is to cast your commander ASAP. Copied to clipboard. Discord Server | Shaman of Forgotten Ways - Biorhythm on a stick. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. Except..I didnt like that. Copied to clipboard. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Destructive Force - Much like Boom//Bust, this is used to help clear the field, and since there are many tiny creatures, this helps a lot. This card is incredible even in regular non-combo versions of Wanderer, casting such degenerately stupid cards as Apocalypse. Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. Ramping to Wanderer was all there was, and if I didnt hit Wanderer early, I probably wasnt winning that game. That spell will resolve before you exile cards for the second cascade ability. How can he hold against other competitive commanders? I would leave out everything that costs more then the wanderer and include release to the winds, more artifact (fast) mana and palinchron for the dockside extortionist. Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. Mulligan to answers and counters, not ramp.Weak-as-balls tutors: Lets face it, RUG has probably the worst tutors in the game, short of Mystical and Worldly Tutor. You dont particularly care how many times you can do this, as long as you can hit your combo pieces while doing it, because when you combo off, Wanderer becomes free and you can cascade through everything. Overall, I'd agree that Wanderer is place pretty solidly in Tier 2. Black gives access to the best tutors and removal in the entire game, and Sidisi herself serves as the combo in the command zone that allows the rest of the deck to do its thing. Help | TappedOut.js Blog Widget. For this reason, your initial mulligan is very important: generally speaking, you dont need to mull into rampyoure going to find it, it will happen, dont worry. > Infinite mana and cascades, Maelstrom Wanderer Remand - This card allows me to either counter an opponent's spell, or put Maelstrom back into my hand and draw a card. The only downside is not having Jeleva which is typically your backup plan. I've been trying for cedh maelstrom with birthing pod theme but this looks like it might be more consistent.2 questions: How are you emptying your deck for the jace/ thassa win? > General goes unblocked and the defending player has to handle X 3/3s that all have trample and +7/+7. The odd ones out here though is Sensei's Divining Top, which is used to help manipulate what I will be cascading into and Crucible of Worlds, which I use to recover from wipes and to abuse Strip Mine. Youre not focused on casting Wanderer as fast as possible, youre worried about screwing up Zurs mana base. After playing around with Surrak, I eventually got my hands on a Maelstrom Wanderer and switch out my commander because who doesn't love casting spells for free? Being able to tutor out 2 creatures is wonderful. This is where this deck is vastly different than most Wanderer builds. Pretty sure competitive RUG rankings go Animar>MW>Riku>Others. Feeds | 11 - 0 Commons. As an example, with both Eternal Witness and Farhaven Elf on the board already: Sac Witness for UUUU. You can always play the more traditional Wanderer build and just ramp for the first few turns; that will still benefit you in the end. Use the options below to exercise this right, and please review our privacy policy for complete information on how your data is used and stored. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger - Used to slow down opponents and ramp even faster. Kalamax, the Golem Enabler (EDH / Commander). Wanderer can have several key cards removed (via Praetors Grasp, etc) and still win without a problem. I feel I don't really have to explain this one, since most of you know what it does, but I will anyways. Contact | Cast stuff for free. Duplicant is a bit expensive, but again, synergizes with Food Chain, gets rid of Eldrazi like a champ, and works well with the other creature-based strategies in the deck. In complete honesty, most big, flashy spells have been tested and cut. I'm sorry if this is not your typical primer, I've never done one before, but I enjoy this deck so much and wanted it to have some sort of a primer. 4.1) and zealous conscripts: 5,044 reviews #108 of 1,699 Restaurants in Cologne $$ - $$$ German Bar European. Wood Elves, Farhaven Elf, Lotus Cobra, and Sakura-Tribe Elder all work towards that end as well, and gum up the battlefield with blockers in the mean time. Open now : 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM. Thanks. Date added: 3 days: Last updated: 10 hours: Legality: This deck is Commander / EDH legal. Long-Term Plans makes you wait 3 turns unless youve got some other manipulation going on like Senseis Divining Top. In its place, I put in competitive EDHs best combos for the colors, and I shifted the focus of the deck from cast Wanderer to find the combo. We dont often need more than any one other particular card - well have Glen Elendra in play already, or Food Chain in hand, or Defense of the Heart in play, etc. Defense of the Heart - My current meta is very creature heavy, and when I decided to put this card in, it became an instant win-con should it stick. This looks like a cEDH deck. The most important distinction, for our build of Wanderer however, is this: Were not actually trying to cast Wanderer! Ramp hard. fine jewelry collections; crash course statistics. It's too easy to disrupt his ramp which shuts his plan down entirely, and even the fastest lists which can power him out pretty reliably by turn 5 or 6 do so by sacrificing all their early game interaction to dump all their dorks and rocks onto the board. Sort by: Overview, Color, Cost, Rarity. Again, were not running black or white; were not going to be hitting your Avacyn with Swords to Plowshares or giving anything -X/-Xso we need to dip into artifacts to find our answers. See what removal you can dig for. And even I will concede the fact that First Sliver is outright better. Jace, the Mind Sculptor - Brainstorm. The Counter suite: Mana Drain, Force of Will, Swan Song, Negate, et al. Palinchron - While being a major combo piece, he has built in evasion, and can help us cast more spells. He's too slow and clunky to beat the dedicated combo decks with any consistency. Sidisi, Brood Tyrant: Sidisi can arguably do what we do, only better; the reason for this is strictly due to the addition of black to her mana cost. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Ive been a Magic player since 1997; my very first starter deck was Mirage, and the very first rare I ever opened was Phyrexian Dreadnought. The counterspell package in here is also geared towards Maelstrom himself and while using him for value, it would be terrible to lose him it. In RUG colors you don't have much tutor options for Food Chain. The win conditions are the same as most other highly competitive decks: Necrotic Ooze Combo, Hermit Druid, and/or Laboratory Maniac. I will usually not drop Surge unless I have nothing else to do, because it telegraphs my game plan without an effective way to actually END the game. - by cascading into Regrowth and similar cards to put them back in hand or into the library. Terms of Use | I recently made a Temur deck that I am disappointed in and I'm looking to change it up a bit. etc. It was frustrating to be like every other Wanderer deck out there; it was frustrating to know that my opponents could destroy something like a Grim Monolith, and set me back from any meaningful game plan for several turns. Go for it. I am looking for competitive "multiplayer" lists of Maelstrom wanderer. Generally speaking, my game plan has always been to play the thorn in the foot, with multiple removal spells, counters and speedbumps, while simultaneously ramping until I can either drop a combo piece or come out of nowhere with the win. Help | Being able to wait until the last minute to cast a spell really brings out the Blue player in me, and I have always loved having it down. . Review. A well-timed Tormods Crypt, Leyline, or even a Bojuka Bog will stop the entire deck from not only functioning but removing all possible win conditions at the same time. Drop roadblocks to discourage people from attacking you with things like Lotus Cobra, Glen Elendra Archmage, Wood Elves, etc. If I am getting cocky, I may use his +2, but that rarely happens. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. Help | Infinite Combo lol. Tap Kiki to make a copy of Conscripts and go off. Same with any other aggressive creatures, such as Avenger of Zendikar; there is no secondary plan of winning through big cascades and attacking. Suggestions. So, I actually have quite a bit to add in here. Feeds | You may enjoy playing Combo Wanderer if you: Like having a win condition safe and sound in the command zoneEnjoy interacting/reacting with your opponentsLike when a game ends the same way 90% of the time. Check out the full decklist here:https://bit.ly/3a65Fh7 Looking to support me and have awesome merch?Click here: https://teespring.com . I began playing EDH around 2012 or so, and it very quickly overtook every other format for me in terms of fun and complexity. Food Chain - Besides going infinite with Misthollow Griffin and allowing me to cascade through my deck, this allows me to sacrifice my tokens from the Kiki-Conscripts combo to cascade infinitely and also gives me a little bit more mana when I might not have enough lands. Magic: the Gathering decks for Maelstrom Wanderer. I wasnt going to beat Prossh to Food Chain; I wasnt going to keep Zur off the field; I wasnt faster at ramping than Sidisi. + Boom//Bust - This is used to help destroy everyone's lands so that I can slam down my Wanderer and beat everyone to death while they are recovering from the destruction Will eventually be replaced with Wildfire, Cultivate/Kodama's Reach/Explosive Vegetation - These are just generally great ramp cards that help me not miss land drops as well. I simple dont see it as geared towards a cEDH meta. Best case scenario, I cascade into and draw 3 free cards and worst case, I have to wait a few turns. I will point out what I would recommend as a replacement where applicable, so without further ado, here is the Maelstrom Wanderer. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. She is also super easy to flip, and getting the ramp/draw off her +1 is fantastic. Also, he's listed as Tier 2 on the EDH Tier List, but there's no list explaining his competitiveness. Essentially I use Maelstrom as a finisher rather than the focus. Desperate for a land? Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Zealous Conscripts: Kiki/Conscripts create infinite attacking tokens, swinging at each opponent simultaneously for infinite damage. Eternal Witness - In case I need to pull a card back from the grave, this is a nifty little card to use. With the ramping you did in the first few turns, its entirely possible to have a turn 5, 6 or 7 Oops! Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. you have RRUUGGGGGGGGG (13 mana) in pool. This deck leverages combo interactions between a multitude of cards and any card on the battlefield has the potential to explode into a combo win. Feeds | Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Karn Liberated - Used to take out problem permanents and disrupt hands. As such, we're letting you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy to reflect the new rule set forth by the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Search Bar. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. A quick history of the me and the deck. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. February 15, 2017 by Joseph Schultz. Yeah, I know that he would be bad in some pods with heavy stax or very fast combo decks as Zur, or turbo nause, but in long games, when your opponents trying to stop each other, it has a potential. Temur Sabertooth - He bounces Maelstrom Wanderer back to my hand to help me cascade some more, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre - besides being the only spell I cannot cascade into, he is mainly there as utility against decking myself or people who are trying to mill me (we have a player like that in my current meta) Eventually will be replaced with Kozilek, Butcher of Truth. Garruk Wildspeaker - Helps untap lands to cast more spells, provides blockers, and, if needed, can make Maelstrom Wanderer stronger with trample to hit even harder. Intuition is essentially the same: Other decks that use Intuition, such as Mimeoplasm or Sidisi or Sharuum, truly dont care what hits the grave and what doesnt, because all three cards are beneficial no matter where they go. However, the amount of free wins you can gain off this card is ridiculous and should not be discounted for just that reason. The only problem is if you hit it while you have a Zealous Conscripts on the field, as it will kill them too, but if you do hit it, just tuck and continue on. The Artifacts: As you can see, the artifacts aren't a large chunk of the deck, and are mostly just the standard ramp package. For those unaware, youll draw your card for the turn, cast Wanderer, and since the card you tutored for is now two cards down, it will either be your first cascade (if the first revealed card is a land), or your second cascade (if the first card is another spell). If I am getting cocky, I may use his +2, but that rarely happens. Re-cast Griffin or Wanderer to deal infinite damage to your opponents. Feeds | This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Riku is expensive, has no protection, dies to a stiff breeze, and doesn't do anything until you cast something else. RRUU in pool. Spell-wise, we of course run the best 2 mana ramp spells in Farseek, Natures Lore, Three Visits, and Skyshroud Claim. You now have RRRUUUGGGGGGGGGG (16 mana) in pool.Cast Wanderer for RUGGGGGGGGGG. But very few meta's are like that. Contact | And though in my heart I consider myself a G/B player, I am not above recognizing a powerful general wherever it may be, so my EDH lists are pretty varied. Drop everything and anything you can to increase your mana count, because your decks singular purpose in life is to drop Wanderer and pray. This annoying message will go away once you do. Yidris greatest asset is the addition of black in the commander cost; if Maelstrom Wanderer was exactly the same but had black in his cost, I truly believe this deck would be unstoppable. Edit #1: Updated the list to what I have as of 23-06-2016. Also you get black which is black. We do this by utilizing the fair amount of destruction the deck packs with cards like Rec Sage, Hull Breach, Stomp and Howl, or Ancient Grudge - as well as counterspells. I dislike this combo the most, as it dies hard to a lot of pillowfort strategies and instant-speed removal. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. RUG (Temur), Casual EDH Deck with many infinite Combos, 2) Palinchron + Dead Eye Navigator or phantasmal image or vorinclex (or flameshadow conjuring or Sneak Attack): infinite colored mana. Wanderer is strictly a means to an end. Zealous Conscripts - the final Splinter Twin piece I will talk about, this creature can also help me take entire board states, Now that I've given you a brief description of each card in the deck and what they do, here are the primary combos, Kiki-Conscripts: Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Zealous Conscripts - This is the original combo I built the deck around, Infinite Mana: Palinchron + DEN or Food Chain + Misthollow Griffin/Kiki-Conscripts Combo - Helps me cascade through my deck or cast any spell I want. Comment: Important! Other time magic has been cut and I havent looked back since. Omniscience - One of the few cards I cannot cascade into, this card should appear pretty obvious. Help |