The following gifts will make a womans 40th birthday meaningful because they focus on experiences as well as elegant and practical gifts. Each piece is sketched, then painted in layers to ensure long lasting quality. How does it feel to be the worlds oldest kid? Again, thank you for those words of encouragement. The biggestlesson from my experience turning forty: dont believe any woman who saysshe says she doesnt want a gift for her 40th birthday. I used to think putting money away for retirement was a meaningless chore, but now I see it as taking care of my future self. And if youre searching for things to do on your 40th birthday, this will be the gift that gives all year long . Welcome to your four Ts! I turn 40 later this week & I have no idea what I want to do. When my son graduates and moves out we will be experiencing empty nest/husbands retirement, and if the good Lord be willing.I can enjoy some golden years chapters RVing with the hubby and spoiling grandchildren after that! The first suggestion on this list is one of my absolute favorite 40th celebration gifts because it helps withsurviving a birthday when you arent happy. For example, Im tired of beating myself up for saying the wrong thing, doing the wrong thing, and making mistakes. Tell stories. Many of my friends and family live across the ocean which makes it very unlikely for me to plan the type of event I would dream to have. Anuschka bags are a feast for the eyes. If your birthday girl is dealing with cancer, read17 Gift Ideas to Help Her Heal After a Mastectomy. Sleep? Happy 40th Birthday! Love your blog and I shared the link on my fb page. If you're coming up on this milestone birthday and you're unsure of how to celebrate it, we gathered some 40th birthday ideas to choose from. Pressures from friends added tot he pressure, which I have consciously made sure I dont dwell on. Its important to know how she feels about turning 40. And remember: Youre never too old to act like an idiot. Well.just today.approaching the top of the Wild Thing rollercoaster at Valleyfair in Minneapolis. At that point I thought I had lost everything. I will be turning 40 on Oct 2, I guess I feel as though I am more mature and I am ready to figure out who I am and start a new chapter my kids are grown now its time to start living for me again!!! And may you Blossom into the woman God created you to be! This I can promise you. Your email address will not be published. These tips will help you remember that turning 40 isnt just about finding the best 40th birthday gift and celebration ideas though thats part of it! I wanted to share this with you. And so will you :-). Ill bet you were hoping no one would notice you were turning 40. You could sit at the chef's table of a buzzed-about restaurant, or do all of thetourist-type amusements in your town. The rest of my coworkers werein their 20s. Not so much the aging but the celebration part. How to Celebrate a Husband or Wife's (or Girlfriend or Boyfriend's) Birthday Without Money. This is the only 40th birthday gift idea for women that Im not excited about. But reading your blog gives me hope and makes me believe that I may never know who I may impact or encourage or even enlightenif I never take on the challenge! Get together simply to Be together. I have regrets, pain, disappointments and accomplishments I havent fulfilled. Happy 40th Birthday! It's a decade of increased confidence and wisdom where all of the hard work and initial decisions of youth seem to hit their stride. Why? Whats your favorite thing in the world? Im turning 40 and experiencing my first birthday as a widow. Think of a movie that always brings a smile to your face. Who knew turning 40 could be so wonderful! I am mother of two, with a husband, but at times I still feel lonely. The sooner you buy her gift,the sooner you can start planning how youll surprise her on her fortieth birthday :-). Try to secure a private room to dine in, so you and your friends have plenty of room to celebrate and make the space festive. May you find peace in yourself, and allow yourself to fill your life with the things that mean most to you. Follow a spiritually healing book such as The Mindful Life Journal: Seven Minutes a Day for a Better, More Meaningful Life and ajournal. If I was making a list of 40th birthday gift ideas, theyd be at the top. Happy Birthday! And, if you really want to, you can keep it simple and have a full-blown dance party in your own home. Deep down I think I am a bit antsy about it because I am not where I hoped I would be by 40. We did talk about these choices, my husband and I but never went forward with any. May you Blossom into the woman God created you to be, and may you be free to be authentic, joyful, and secure in your place in this world. What associations do you have with your 40th birthday (or being in your forties) that are negative? So, whats the best way to wish someone a Happy 40th Birthday? If your birthday girl likes to travel, scroll down to the African safari vacations and Caribbean cruise ideas. I know its a blessing, its just hard to accept sometimes. Lie about on cushions. Rather, just be open to being surprised. The Fairytale Brownies Magic Morsel 48 Gift Box is handcrafted with rich, dark Callebaut Belgian chocolate, pure creamery butter and farm fresh eggs. This 40th birthday gift for women includes 48 individually wrapped pieces are hand packed in this gourmet gift, and its guaranteed fresh upon arrival. This is the most important gift you can give yourself: notice who fills you up with life and energy, and who drains your spirit and soul. This idea might just turn into a weekly event after your friends enjoy the throwback fun ofthis competitive game. This list of 40th birthday celebration ideas isntabout partying it up or trying to forget that youre turning forty. A few years ago I worked at a social service organization, and I was the oldest counselor there. These scarves areexceptional, rich and superior in quality. 40 is Fabulous! 16 Ideas for Celebrating Your 40th Birthday - She Blossoms Your fortieth birthday sounds wonderful! Getting organizedcan change your life. A spa is always an escape from the hectic pace of life, and that's why it can be particularly rewarding as abirthdaypresent. Thats the best way to celebrate your fortieth birthday: connect with your true self, and figure out what you really want in your life. Well, I will be 40 on Oct. 8th and I am truly looking forward to celebrating it. Sure, this sounds extravagant. Dont push or try to convince her that 40 isnt old, or that she should be positive about her fortieth birthday. TheMulco Unisex Bluemarine Stainless Steel and Light Watch this watch is both a pretty and practical 40th birthday gift idea for her. What happened yesterday and 10 years ago, 20 years ago is done. Thanks for sharing a piece of yourself to help make others whole. Theyre extravagant 40th birthday gift ideas for her. May your 40th birthday bring joyful memories, countless blessings, and peaceful thoughts. Handmake a gift certificate for a massage or a nice home-cooked meal. This is fun entertainment that will help her remember the past fondly. I was one of the only employees who didntattend the birthday celebration, and a wee part of me felt bad. I found your page I must say it has made me look at things very differntly thank you so much for writing it! A day of pampering and self-love . The one in the picture is an actual edible birthday cake, baked for a woman who loves shoes. Thank you for this! My husband and I cant have kids, and I dont want to try fertility treatments. One of the best parts of turning 40 is knowing ourselves well enough to know how best to celebrate our birthday. Ill have to write another article, and find even more creative ways to celebrate and honor a milestone birthday. Im going to definitely take these tips and fly might add a few more things but take my time. Now that Im 47, Im finally learning how to set myself up for success and happiness. The best 40th birthday gift ideas are those that take women out of their comfort zone and give her plane fare to get there. Anthony DELANOIX/Unsplash. Ok, so this one is really for your friends as a tip-off, but it will benefit you all the more! Required fields are marked *. Happy Birthday! Those are my little birthday gifts and tips to myself. Congrats on turning the big 4-oh. May the 40th birthday be about more than a celebrationmay it be the turning over of a new leaf, a fresh start, and a fresh hope for life! Thank you again and have a blessed day . Best wishes on your 40th birthday a great milestone for a truly great person! It's a great way to just hang out and celebrate with all of your friends outside and do something a little outside of your norm. Thanks for your comments! I would make fun of you for being old, but Im afraid you might toss your dentures at me and hit me with your cane! I hope this article has given you a few 40th birthday celebration ideas. Thank you for your awesome and wonderful comments! This is my ongoing 40th birthday celebration gift to myself! Thank you for reminding me how exciting getting older can be if you embrace it. I feel extremely young, have 1 adopted daughter who is 23 now and two boys of my own (14,12) and I feel as though I have grown up with them. Im glad you liked these ideas! These ideas for celebrating your fortieth birthday are more emotional than practical. The people who bake and decorate cakes are absolutely amazing in their creativity and artistry, and a cake like this will be something a woman never forgets when she celebrates her 40th birthday. Learn more about yourself, your life, and your relationship with your own heart and spirit. Just dont overdo it at your age, partying too much can be dangerous. The Mulco Unisex "Bluemarine" Stainless Steel and Light Watch is both pretty and practical. Is your 40th birthday girl unhappy or even depressed about turning forty? Thats what makes gourmet chocolate a good gift for women on their fortieth birthdays! . I hope you come back and tell us how you celebrated your fortieth birthday! Plan a vacation where the one rule is that you have to get to the destination using a first-class ticket. No matter what gift you buy for her 40th birthday, remember that turning 40 is a huge milestone in a womans life. Van Gogh and Claude Monets paintings. If you've been waiting and waiting to seeHamilton, or there's another playbill that has caught your eye, now is the time to treat yourself. I keep coming back to these handbags in fact, I rewrote this whole list of 40th birthday gift ideas so I could include these three bags because they are so special. I just googled what should I do on my 40th bday? and yours was the first link. Is your neck sore, your body tired, your muscles flabby? Wishing to spend my 43rd birthday, not again in some motel alone with my poor beautiful son. And, its whimsical and happy which is what any woman turning forty needs. Luana from the Big Island of Hawaii. Pingback: 7 Ways to Be Happier on Your Birthday After a Breakup How Love Blossoms, Pingback: How to Be Happy Alone on Your Birthday Blossom Tips. And thank you so much for turning 40 before me! But, just like a happy marriage isnt just about the wedding ceremony, turning forty isnt just about celebrating a great night or event. Give her the Artists Circle Carry On Travel Suitcase, with a ticket tucked in the side pocket.